PDA

View Full Version : Ac3 submarine theory

mattahleen
08-15-2012, 03:43 AM
So yeah the first submarine ever used was in the american revolution. I think they built it for use in a fight in either new york or philadelphia harbor, i dont remember. It was pretty effective except it sank. So do you think there are possibilities of this being used? It would obviously not be free roam or anything like that, but better than nothing.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-15-2012, 03:50 AM
It's a perfect material for an exciting and unique level/set piece. Will they do it? They could, but this game seems to have so much stuff already I'm not sure if they had time to do it

rileypoole1234
08-15-2012, 03:51 AM
I think the first EVER submarine was built in or around 1620. Somebody by the name of Cornelius Drebbel was responsible.

Turtle is the name of the sub you're talking about. We know who piloted it, so I doubt we'll be in it. It failed to sink the HMS Eagle, a British ship, on September 7th, 1776. If we see it or not really depends on where we are at that time.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-15-2012, 03:58 AM
I think the first EVER submarine was built in or around 1620. Somebody by the name of Cornelius Drebbel was responsible.

Turtle is the name of the sub you're talking about. We know who piloted it, so I doubt we'll be in it. It failed to sink the HMS Eagle, a British ship, on September 7th, 1776. If we see it or not really depends on where we are at that time.They could always have the Assassins make a second one, their own.

kriegerdesgottes
08-15-2012, 08:57 AM
I have thought about this and I can definitely see them trying to put it in. Historically it didn't really work and it was abandoned after the first attempt. I believe it was called the tortoise or the turtle or something like that. I have a feeling that is something that will find its way into the game.

eagleforlife1
08-15-2012, 09:05 AM

Turtle is the name of the sub you're talking about. We know who piloted it, so I doubt we'll be in it. It failed to sink the HMS Eagle, a British ship, on September 7th, 1776. If we see it or not really depends on where we are at that time.

What the OP was trying to say is that the Turtle was the sfirst submarine ever used for military purposes.

pacmanate
08-15-2012, 09:37 AM
It's a perfect material for an exciting and unique level/set piece. Will they do it? They could, but this game seems to have so much stuff already I'm not sure if they had time to do it

You say that but the whole Naval thing took us all by surprise anyway!

LoyalACFan
08-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Maybe... I'm not sure I'd like it though. In AC2 and Brotherhood, it made sense to include the glider/war machines since Leonardo, famous for his crazy inventions, was a major character. But this time, if we literally got just ONE mission where we drove something as outlandish as an eighteenth-century submarine, it might feel weird and out of place since it doesn't tie into the plot as well. We've already got our own ship, so I don't really see a need for it.

massmurdera_666
08-15-2012, 02:35 PM
i've actually have seen that sub while living in D.C. at the Smithsonion and the one from the Civil War and it would be awesome to have that in AC3

andre982d
08-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Submarine Turtle attacked HMS Eagle, Admiral Howe’s flagship anchored off Governor’s Island, New York, 7 September 1776. Artwork by E. Tufnell.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/4648/32324710150265453573344.jpg