PDA

View Full Version : The Animus... is a gaming console

Ezio_ilMentore
08-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Throughout Assassin's Creed, one of many things I find funny is how they are using something like a video gaming device for serious tasks, training, mapping (locating the Apple of Eden).

Desmond: Animus 2.0?
Rebecca: Yeah, Baby is two times more awesome than anything at Abstergo. K, now get on.
Desmond: O...k...
*After spending hours in the Animus, reliving Ezio's life from age 17 to 39*
Desmond: Wanted posters placed on surfaces unreachable to the average person, Unlocking the Auditore cape after collecting all 100 feathers, Unlocking Armour of Altair... You know what guys?... this is starting to appear like a game...

Abstergo Agent: So how does this machine work?
Abstergo Instructor: You just ly down, close your eyes, and I'll log you in.
Abstergo Instructor: Now, choose your persona and enter a match.
*After "training" for hours*
Abstergo Agent: Hey um... yeah. So, can you explain to me how a game is suppose to make me stronger and give me combat experiences?
Abstergo Instructor: No... no... of course it's not a game.... it's... a very... high tech... simulator... *ehem* *sweatdrop*

r4inm4n1991
08-15-2012, 02:04 AM
No, no, no....Ezio_ilMentore, Assassin's Creed IS a videogame.

Actually, Abstergo is using the animus as a simulator, they pick subjects who's ancestors have been is contact with Ezio. Abstergo found this way to "stalk" Ezio and Altair, because they lost subject 17.
And yes, to a long exposure to the animus people get the skills of their ancestors, but as you could see in the last game they dont get only their skills but also their personality.
Of course this is all science fiction and its a GAME too, so things like colleting flags, feathers, this is all normal in a game.

PS:The Abstergo animus program in Brotherhood had the AC1 interface(blueish), Revelations the AC2/BH interface (White), now looks like in AC3, from what i saw in the videos, Abstergo subjects are experiencing the black room.

AssassinGame1
08-15-2012, 03:01 AM

Actually, Abstergo is using the animus as a simulator, they pick subjects who's ancestors have been is contact with Ezio. Abstergo found this way to "stalk" Ezio and Altair, because they lost subject 17.
And yes, to a long exposure to the animus people get the skills of their ancestors, but as you could see in the last game they dont get only their skills but also their personality.
Of course this is all science fiction and its a GAME too, so things like colleting flags, feathers, this is all normal in a game.

PS:The Abstergo animus program in Brotherhood had the AC1 interface(blueish), Revelations the AC2/BH interface (White), now looks like in AC3, from what i saw in the videos, Abstergo subjects are experiencing the black room.

You said it

Ezio_ilMentore
08-15-2012, 03:16 AM

Of course Assassin's Creed IS a video game. I'm just imagining how the Animus user's first reaction would be like, seeing all these gimmicks and features that aren't true to real life senarios. I'm just saying it's funny how they, Abstergo, made the Animus program look like a video game when it's serious business.

pacmanate
08-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Wait... Assassin's Creed is a video game?

r4inm4n1991
08-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Of course Assassin's Creed IS a video game. I'm just imagining how the Animus user's first reaction would be like, seeing all these gimmicks and features that aren't true to real life senarios. I'm just saying it's funny how they, Abstergo, made the Animus program look like a video game when it's serious business.

All the perks that are given in the animus are real to the assassin's creed universe, stuff like teleport and such are just hacks that subjects can use to beat other subjects.
U see it as a video game, but imagine the game with real life "graphics", buildings are super real, the ancestors are super real, and the movements too.
I'm sure that in the story the subject is not saying "**** Vidic, theres only roofers in this stupid simulator" or "Do we have a HUD in real life?"

Just a game, telling a story.