PDA

View Full Version : Never realized how beautiful this ending was.

NeroInfernoF7
08-14-2012, 01:33 PM
::::::::::: SPOILERS :::::::::::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ladtDPrLw

So sad, and so beautiful. One of the best cutscenes I've seen. :(

pacmanate
08-14-2012, 01:52 PM
The saddest cut scene for me was Marston's death. Never saw it coming after all me and him had been through :(

Assassin_M
08-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Some people may not have finished RDR yet...
I suggest you edit this to something a bit more subtle..

dxsxhxcx
08-14-2012, 02:13 PM
IMO the moment Ezio find Altair and Altair's last seal was better than this cutscene...

Slayer_WTF
08-14-2012, 02:22 PM
On October 31 we will end what we started, and finally, we will know everything.

deskp
08-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Some people may not have finished RDR yet...
I suggest you edit this to something a bit more subtle..

um 2 years after release it should be ok to say stuff previously considred spoilers. We keep talking about the events of previous ac games here all the time.

Assassin_M
08-14-2012, 02:34 PM
um 2 years after release it should be ok to say stuff previously considred spoilers. We keep talking about the events of previous ac games here all the time.
Because this is the AC forums, I know people who havent finished RDR yet..

TheHumanTowel
08-14-2012, 02:37 PM
God I hated that cutscene and the ending as a whole really. I think that's pretty poorly done cgi. A cgi-rendered cutscene in-game just seems like a really "PS2" thing to do and it was a real strange departure from the presentation of the story in previous AC games.

NeroInfernoF7
08-14-2012, 02:41 PM
God I hated that cutscene and the ending as a whole really. I think that's pretty poorly done cgi. A cgi-rendered cutscene in-game just seems like a really "PS2" thing to do and it was a real strange departure from the presentation of the story in previous AC games.

Yes, the CGI was not perfectly done, but it's always been like that in "The Truth" videos.

lukaszep
08-14-2012, 02:47 PM
I agree. The whole ending of AC:R (including the last memory and the scene in the library) is one of the games main redeeming features. Was an excellent set up for the final part of the modern day story and AC3.

twenty_glyphs
08-14-2012, 03:22 PM

I felt the same way. I really liked the ending with Ezio in the library, and the way it brought Alta´r, Ezio and Desmond together in a way. Then Jupiter showing up was a nice moment as well. But then it just suddenly switches to this CGI scene that wasn't even done that well, which was so out of character for the series. The cutscenes have always been in-engine, but Revelations had the ending scene in CGI and the opening scene just re-use the CGI E3 trailer, and it really made the presentation feel awkward in that game.

The Truth video in AC2 was CGI, but for whatever reason it fit the series more, perhaps because it was a recording of a genetic memory instead of an actual story moment. Also, that CGI video was much better quality than the ending of Revelations.

Stroonzje
08-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Can someone explain why Ezio said "Now.. Listen" at the end, i never understood why because he doesn't say anything afterwards haha

kudos17
08-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Can someone explain why Ezio said "Now.. Listen" at the end, i never understood why because he doesn't say anything afterwards haha

Ezio tells Desmond to listen to TWCB's message, as he doesn't want to hear it (he's not the Cipher, and he's retiring :p)

naran6142
08-14-2012, 04:26 PM
My main problem with that cut scene was that it reminded me of the beginning of the 1st superman movie...

My favorite part is when Ezio finds Altair :D

LoyalACFan
08-14-2012, 04:51 PM

I didn't care for it either, but Ezio and Altair's "meeting" made up for it.

Assassin_M
08-14-2012, 04:59 PM
That Video, to me, served its Purpose. Show the disaster that befell the First Civilization. It was epic and had decent Music, and contrary to what most of you think, it had the same quality as the truth movie..

That Video wasn't really sad to me, It wasn't shocking, It was simply relevant and definitely served its need..