PDA

View Full Version : il2fb.exe on new install windows98 of iL2sturmovk 1946

shafto
08-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Installed the game and can't bring the game up.problem with il2 fb.exe.In fact I reinstalled the game twice and I get the same message as before.Never had this problem before with the older version. Hope some one can help. Shafto

ytareh
09-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Windows 98!?....Anyway you need to get into the game folder on the dvd (right click on it?Explore?)and look for an executable / .exe file (maybe called aa.exe or a.exe or similar) and click on it and you should be good to go .Its a fairly common query maybe do a search if my advice isnt sufficient .BUT 1946 requires a fair bit more pc horse power .If youre running hardware at a Windows 98 level you may struggle to get smooth gameplay .Never mind Windows 1998 even DVDs are almost extinct at this stage .I wasnt going to bother with one for the pc build I just completed.But there IS a sense of satisfaction in getting IL2 to run on an old PC .I remember borrowing old Pentium 3 XP desktops from work to play the game at night when my main home pc was unavailable.I wouldnt have thought even Forgotten Battles would play on a '98' system though!The game required more powerful equipment for every new level and mods coming out even now for IL2 are STILL upping the requirements .

Tully__
09-04-2012, 11:25 AM
I played FB and AEP on '98, I think I was on XP by the time PF was added to the mix though.