PDA

View Full Version : You Favorite Game/s That AC3 Could Possibly Beat and How/Why

projectpat06
08-13-2012, 05:23 AM
This Thread is just for fun and of course all bickering/arguing is welcomed on each other's comment.

With the hype of this game being so high right now, I'm thinking that this could hold a spot if not in my top 5 then as my all time favorite game from this generation. For me, this time last year, Batman: Arkham City was my most highly anticipated game and did not disappoint in the least bit. From the enriched atmosphere to the fast past combat and well implemented stealth mechanics, this game did everything to make my Batman fantasy come alive. I have my hopes that AC3 will set a new bar in terms of immersing me as player into a new world I have yet to experience. I'm hoping that I feel like even more of a badass taking down waves of soldiers in combat, and overall the combat and stealth system trump Arkham City's.

So what about the rest of the community?

superkootje
08-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Red Dead Redemption, It will be hard to beat though.
It has amazing graphics, A long and deep (amazing) storyline, Free-Roam multiplayer, Great moving animations for horse and men, lots of things to do, great atmosphere.
So it will be really hard to beat, I think AC3 allready loses on the graphics but the rest could beat it though.

Slayer_WTF
08-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Rdr.

Legendz54
08-13-2012, 12:10 PM
AC3 has always been my number 1 game

BeCk41
08-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Red Dead Redemption, It will be hard to beat though.
It has amazing graphics, A long and deep (amazing) storyline, Free-Roam multiplayer, Great moving animations for horse and men, lots of things to do, great atmosphere.
So it will be really hard to beat, I think AC3 allready loses on the graphics but the rest could beat it though.

Rockstar Games have really raised the bar so high that they have become the best company in leading graphics & realism in terms of open world games. Ubisoft's AC games have really improved in terms of visual quality- (you can tell by the map layouts and textures of the newer games that are very impressive). I think we'll just have to wait until AC3 comes out before we can judge whether its an amazing game or not, but from what I've seen I'm very satisfied with this new game and have much anticipation to see it with all its effects. :)

pacmanate
08-13-2012, 01:32 PM
I hope it beats the likes of Rockstar's Max Payne 3 and Read Dead Redemption in terms of graphics and animations. I have no doubt it won't seeing as Connor alone has 1000 animations.
I also hope it beats the story of games like Uncharted and AC2, AC2 had the best story in all AC games, I hope it beats it.
One last thing is that I hope that AC3 is long. AC3 is basically going through Connor's life as what they did with Ezio in 3 games.

SaintPerkele
08-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Bioshock 1. Incredible atmosphere, brilliant setting, fantastic story, fresh combat, a wonderful artstyle and thought-provoking. But I guess this is completely different to the AC franchise and thus hard to compare.

Since AC3 will be open-world again, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and AC2 will be the competitors on my list.

MetalCreed
08-13-2012, 05:59 PM
In terms of this gen:
MGS4
RDR
AC2
LBP1/LBP2
Skyrim
all have occupied the top 5, but LBP1/LBP2 can be replaced with AC3.

AC3 can better AC2 as well and nearly be on par with RDR (RDR was a better 'game' than AC2, but because of its influence on the AC franchise, it's a pivotal point in the franchise, and it also signifies when I actually became a 'fan' I feel it's more of a significant game in this gen for me. but I've spent maybe more hours on RDR, and have had more fun)

Assassin_M
08-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Red Dead Redemption

mattahleen
08-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Uncharted, force unleashed, and infamous.

projectpat06
08-13-2012, 07:49 PM
I would def agree with Red Dead Redemption. It will be very hard to beat. The gameplay in Skryim is much different, but it was also another gorgeous game that sucked the player in. From Ac3's trailers, I really think Ubisoft has at least reached the bar set by Red Dead in terms of environment, and I feel Alex Hutchinson wanted to out do Red Dead after it came during their production of this game.

AssassinGame1
08-13-2012, 08:23 PM
AC3 can ABSOLUTELY BEAT ALL OF Call Of Duty; COD doesn't have a technique, you just keep shooting, but Assassin's Creed games always have some sort of technique.

POP1Fan
08-13-2012, 08:30 PM
It can beat Assassin's Creed 2, that's for sure. Hope it also beats Arkham City, which I only recently finished and OMG is it awesome. I have no doubt AC3 is going to be Game of the Year though.

AssassinVenice
08-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Red Dead Redemption wasn't that great, if you think about it. The graphics had been given the water colour painting effect + the lower resolution and blur on the PS3, the Euphoria engine kinda sucks and after beating the game, there wasn't much to do. The DLC was awesome, the storyline was superb too, but the engine held it back.
Assassin's Creed games always had the full package. Lots of replay-ability too!

Sabastian_AC
08-13-2012, 08:57 PM
I think AC 3 will soundly beat RDR, but frankly, that won't be too difficult in my eyes. For some reason I never really warmed to RDR. Maybe because it's like AC with none of the puzzles? Maybe because there was no mystery? Not sure, but it just never blew me away.

The game that AC3 will be going up against in my eyes is Dishonored. Interesting city to explore? Check. Creative ways to kill people? Check. Stealth? Check. Oh yeah, it's first person, but it really looks like it'll be something different. Does AC3 need to beat it? Probably not, but they will make an interesting comparison.