PDA

View Full Version : problem regarding the Resolution for the AC games

lonewarrior30
08-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Hey guys so I know this is in the wrong topic but I started a thread in the AC community Technical Help and Advice Forum but no one helped me.
So I have a samsung ue46c7700 TV its a 46inch 3D TV.My problem is that whenever I start playing a AC game the resolution changes to 1280X720 whereas in other games like CoD it runs in 1920X1080 do you guys know how I can fix that? thanks for your time :D

kalo.yanis
08-12-2012, 04:00 PM
What's your TV's resolution?

lonewarrior30
08-12-2012, 04:06 PM
1920X1080p

kalo.yanis
08-12-2012, 04:30 PM
That's odd. My game starts in 720p as well when I connect my PC to my TV but that's because the latter's 720p.

Mr_Shade
08-12-2012, 06:24 PM
hi there,

You didn't say what you were playing on?

I know some assumed you were playing on PC - but I'm guessing you are on a console - due to posting in the console forum?

If your playing on PS3 - the PS3 version only supports 720p - You maybe able to 'force' it into 1080p -The PS3 uses software upscaling, so not all games are compatible with it

If you want to try - select 1080p ONLY in the PS3's display settings - some games with default to 545p though.. in that case - return it to automatic selection ;)

If your playing on Xbox - the hardware upscaling chip - should display all games at 1080p as long as you have that selected :)

lonewarrior30
08-12-2012, 07:22 PM
hi there,

You didn't say what you were playing on?

I know some assumed you were playing on PC - but I'm guessing you are on a console - due to posting in the console forum?

If your playing on PS3 - the PS3 version only supports 720p - You maybe able to 'force' it into 1080p -The PS3 uses software upscaling, so not all games are compatible with it

If you want to try - select 1080p ONLY in the PS3's display settings - some games with default to 545p though.. in that case - return it to automatic selection ;)

If your playing on Xbox - the hardware upscaling chip - should display all games at 1080p as long as you have that selected :)

Yea I wasnt clear on what console I am on sorry about that.I am playing on a PS3.Is there any trade off if I force it into 1080p?
Thanks for your answer :D

Mr_Shade
08-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Yea I wasnt clear on what console I am on sorry about that.I am playing on a PS3.Is there any trade off if I force it into 1080p?
Thanks for your answer :D

Not really.. assuming the game will upscale - some don't as I mentioned.

It will most likely look the same though..

Even though your TV is reporting 720p - that's only for the input resolution - Most if not all TV's upscale the input to match the screen - so it maybe displaying it's native resolution - so 1080p [The TV will be upscaling the image]

If you force the PS3 to 1080p only - then the PS3 is upscaling - so it may look the same.. depends on the quality of the TV's processing engine - and if it's a proper hardware based one...

On Xbox - the hardware scaler chip - can result in better image, since it's a hardware based method - rather than software ala PS3

lonewarrior30
08-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Not really.. assuming the game will upscale - some don't as I mentioned.

It will most likely look the same though..

Even though your TV is reporting 720p - that's only for the input resolution - Most if not all TV's upscale the input to match the screen - so it maybe displaying it's native resolution - so 1080p [The TV will be upscaling the image]

If you force the PS3 to 1080p only - then the PS3 is upscaling - so it may look the same.. depends on the quality of the TV's processing engine - and if it's a proper hardware based one...

On Xbox - the hardware scaler chip - can result in better image, since it's a hardware based method - rather than software ala PS3

Im going to try it right now.Thanks :D

GLHS
08-13-2012, 08:19 AM
The AC games' native resolution is 720p. If you have every resolution selected on the PS3, the games will automatically run at 720p since this is their native. However, changing the option to only display in 1080p will fix this problem and force it to display in 1080p. I also have a PS3 and this happens with many games. Most games are fine with it, as long as they support 1080p, which all AC games (except for AC1 on disk) do. However. AC1 on the Revelations disk was redone by the team to support 1080p. You can find all the supported resolutions for any game on the back of the game case. The games run fine on 1080p, except for AC2 which you may encounter some freezing due to forcing it to upscale. Changing it back to 720p or 1080i will fix this problem. Most say they look better in 720p anyway.