PDA

View Full Version : most realistic military movie?

fulanito_chile
03-14-2004, 04:08 PM
ok... i start this thread as yesterday i watched a British docu/movie called "Threads" and i tell you even though the cold war is over it scared the life out of me! if i had watched it in the early/mid 80's when it was made i think i would have been really shocked!.!.! (BTW it was based on a Russian nuclear attack on the U.K) anyway that movie aside (i highly recomend it...And if you watched it during the 80's what effect did it have on you?)

Which military movie is the most ture to life? i've never been in the military or in combat for that matter but i think these are my 4 top realistic movies...

1.Platoon
2.We were soldiers
3.Saving privet Ryan (even thought the story line about getting Ryan was a bit unrealistic)
4.Full metal jaket

"The Chilean Airforce" (FACH) The 4th oldest in the World...

fulanito_chile
03-14-2004, 04:08 PM
ok... i start this thread as yesterday i watched a British docu/movie called "Threads" and i tell you even though the cold war is over it scared the life out of me! if i had watched it in the early/mid 80's when it was made i think i would have been really shocked!.!.! (BTW it was based on a Russian nuclear attack on the U.K) anyway that movie aside (i highly recomend it...And if you watched it during the 80's what effect did it have on you?)

Which military movie is the most ture to life? i've never been in the military or in combat for that matter but i think these are my 4 top realistic movies...

1.Platoon
2.We were soldiers
3.Saving privet Ryan (even thought the story line about getting Ryan was a bit unrealistic)
4.Full metal jaket

"The Chilean Airforce" (FACH) The 4th oldest in the World...