PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Which Weapon Are You Looking Forward To?

AssassinGame1
08-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Hey all assassin's! The title states it all. The weapon I'm looking forward to is the bow and the Tomahawk.
There is no poison, throwing knives,and CROSSbow in AC3 so do not choose those weapons.

TheFrontLine
08-11-2012, 11:16 PM
The hidden blade and bow. Seeing some animations of the rope dart and how it can be used in battle would be cool, too.

pacmanate
08-11-2012, 11:32 PM
The sword, cause I want to see what new animations it has since nothing is recycled.

pacmanate
08-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Hey all assassin's! The title states it all. The weapon I'm looking forward to is the bow and the Tomahawk.
There is no poison, throwing knives,and CROSSbow in AC3 so do not choose those weapons.

When were throwing knifes and poison not confirmed.

I want to see the sword as it has no recycled animations.

LoyalACFan
08-12-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm curious to see what they do with the Mohawk war clubs, even though I'll probably rarely use them. Aside from that, I'm just looking forward to playing around with different dual-wielding combinations.

notafanboy
08-12-2012, 12:50 AM
tomahawk, warclub(look it up) and short swords.

jd55513
08-12-2012, 01:36 AM
I'm looking forward to the legendary Scottish flintlock rumored to have "fired the shots heard 'round the world"

and the new upgrade for the hidden blade of course:)

AnthonyA85
08-12-2012, 01:54 AM
I'm looking forward to the Tomahawk, Rope Darts and Bow, as well as the ability to (FINALLY) pick up and use rifles. And i've wanted to be able to use a bow since AC2.

An while i was initially looking forward to poison making a comeback, now, i'm less excited about it, since it apparently is now nothing more than a hallucinogenic sedative, which means it's non-lethal now.

Legendz54
08-12-2012, 01:57 AM
everything

LoyalACFan
08-12-2012, 03:07 AM
An while i was initially looking forward to poison making a comeback, now, i'm less excited about it, since it apparently is now nothing more than a hallucinogenic sedative, which means it's non-lethal now.

Don't see why it matters. Killing them is, for all intents and purposes, the same thing as knocking them out. If they're dead, they lay there on the ground. If they're knocked out, they lay there on the ground and squirm a bit. Either way, they're incapacitated for good.

TheFrontLine
08-12-2012, 03:14 AM
I doubt they'll be incapacitated 'for good'. A hallucinogenic sedative would probably make them swing their arms a bit, fall down/go unconscious, then get back up after a certain amount of time.

Kit572
08-12-2012, 05:22 AM
Hidden Blades.

And the Tomahawk.

But If I had to chose, I would pick Hidden Blades in a heartbeat.

LoyalACFan
08-12-2012, 05:26 AM
I doubt they'll be incapacitated 'for good'. A hallucinogenic sedative would probably make them swing their arms a bit, fall down/go unconscious, then get back up after a certain amount of time.

There's no reason why they would wake back up. It's not like you stay in one area for an extended period of time in these games. Unless they make the knockout time ridiculously short, I don't see why Ubisoft would bother to make them get back up instead of just having them lay there.

TheFrontLine
08-12-2012, 05:48 AM
There's no reason why they would wake back up. It's not like you stay in one area for an extended period of time in these games. Unless they make the knockout time ridiculously short, I don't see why Ubisoft would bother to make them get back up instead of just having them lay there.

Then they might as well have kept the poison! What is the point of re-naming something like 'poison' to 'hallucinogenic sedative', which have different meanings/effects, when it does the exact same thing?
I think Hutchinson has said (I'm going to be paraphrasing) that the players shouldn't be killing every guard they see (Hence the hand-counter).
If the guards just laid there, they might as well be dead, completely taking away the point of re-naming poison into a sedative.
No one said you had to stay where you knocked a guard out, but let's say you wish to enter a restricted area with guards at each entrance, a sedative would knock one out, but he'll get back up after a certain amount of time to but you'll probably still be there going about your mission/whatever you're doing.

pablo2977
08-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Rope dart,tomahawk and bow

Slayer_WTF
08-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Hidden blade/dagger, Tomahawk and Bow.

Serrachio
08-12-2012, 02:36 PM
One thing I would like back in AC3 is the ability to finish off a knocked out guard on the ground with the Hidden Blade.

I thought that was quite cool, and since Connor is closer to Altair in attitude, and is a capable hunter, I would think it'd be a nice touch.

BBALive
08-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Poison and throwing knives ARE in the game.

I'm looking forward to how deep the dual-wielding is (different weapon combinations, variety of animations, etc.), rather than a specific weapon.

tarrero
08-12-2012, 04:40 PM
One thing I would like back in AC3 is the ability to finish off a knocked out guard on the ground with the Hidden Blade.

I thought that was quite cool, and since Connor is closer to Altair in attitude, and is a capable hunter, I would think it'd be a nice touch.

I really miss that.......

AnthonyA85
08-12-2012, 05:02 PM
which game could you do that in? i've never been able to do that with Ezio

TheFrontLine
08-12-2012, 05:35 PM
which game could you do that in? i've never been able to do that with Ezio

Assassin's Creed 1, assuming you're replying to Serrachio.

jzsnyder
08-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Did anyone else feel like the hidden blade(s) was a bit over-powered in ACB? Every attack any guard threw at you could easily be countered with it, and it felt unfair.

Let's hope the new hidden blade is somewhat worse.

AssassinGame1
08-12-2012, 08:57 PM
When were throwing knifes and poison not confirmed.

I want to see the sword as it has no recycled animations.

It was confirmed in a site I read. Most weapons from the previous games will not be in AC3.

LoyalACFan
08-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Then they might as well have kept the poison! What is the point of re-naming something like 'poison' to 'hallucinogenic sedative', which have different meanings/effects, when it does the exact same thing?
I think Hutchinson has said (I'm going to be paraphrasing) that the players shouldn't be killing every guard they see (Hence the hand-counter).
If the guards just laid there, they might as well be dead, completely taking away the point of re-naming poison into a sedative.
No one said you had to stay where you knocked a guard out, but let's say you wish to enter a restricted area with guards at each entrance, a sedative would knock one out, but he'll get back up after a certain amount of time to but you'll probably still be there going about your mission/whatever you're doing.

They renamed it to make it sound new. But really, was there ever any difference between killing someone and knocking them out in these games? Besides, if you strayed too far from a knocked-out guard (assuming they added the ability for them to wake back up) they would disappear and respawn anyway.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-14-2012, 12:24 AM
Tomahawk, bow, rope dart

BBALive
08-14-2012, 01:17 AM
It was confirmed in a site I read. Most weapons from the previous games will not be in AC3.

They were wrong.

Both throwing knives and poison are in the game.

LukarFox
08-14-2012, 01:29 AM
I'm looking forward to using the bow/arrow and the tomahawk.

awbir
08-14-2012, 01:52 AM
the bow and tomahawk. because there all new weapons to the series, hidden blade and a sword is getting really repetitive.

De Filosoof
08-14-2012, 02:11 AM
They were wrong.

Both throwing knives and poison are in the game.

It won't be poison though... more something like an anaestethic.

rileypoole1234
08-14-2012, 02:33 AM
I'm really excited that the blade pivots into a knife. I want one of those.

deskp
08-14-2012, 06:20 AM
The bow! I found the crossbow in previous games to be really fun, and the bow seems to do the same job. except for the figthing i guess.

iSoTryHard
08-14-2012, 06:40 AM
definitly bow tomahawk and new hidden blade

moc100
08-14-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm looking forward to the Tomahawk. It looks awesome and after seeing the Black Ops 2 MP trailer, I hope we'll be able to throw it.

LoyalACFan
08-14-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm looking forward to the Tomahawk. It looks awesome and after seeing the Black Ops 2 MP trailer, I hope we'll be able to throw it.

:nonchalance:

playassassins1
08-14-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm looking forward to Muskets. After seeing how much you could do with them, I'll probably use this weapon a lot..

RatonhnhakeFan
08-14-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm looking forward to Muskets. After seeing how much you could do with them, I'll probably use this weapon a lot..
Or not, depending if they made reload time really realistic :p

AssassinGame1
08-14-2012, 10:24 PM
everything

Please choose one :)

playassassins1
08-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Or not, depending if they made reload time really realistic :p

Lol, I was talking about the melee aspect of Muskets.

MetalCreed
08-14-2012, 11:37 PM
There's no weapon in particular I'm looking forward to. I want to continue using a sword though.

r4inm4n1991
08-15-2012, 02:30 AM
Im looking forward for the "Animal system", like wolves eating templars and the rest that we didnt see yet.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2012, 03:04 AM
I just want to fight off a bear. Doesn't really matter what weapon I use. If we get to fight polar bears when we go up north to that glacier-y area, this game is an instant 10/10 for me even if the rest of it is a complete letdown :p

ShadowRage41
08-15-2012, 05:43 AM
Bow and tomahawk. Would be nice if while aiming the bow from a distance you get that first person view. I would also like the Pontiac war club. unfortunately my pre-order comes with the saw tooth instead. nothing wrong with it. just a matter of preference.

anik_lc
08-15-2012, 07:00 AM
Hidden Blade and Rope Dart.