PDA

View Full Version : AC3 PC delay confirmed

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Hey guys, as suspected, the PC delay has been confirmed.

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/08/10/assassins-creed-iii-pc-version-due-to-release-on-23rd-november/

(NOTE TO MODS: Already posted in PC section, but most of us rarely visit it so posting here as well.)

De Filosoof
08-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Lol. Oooohh the memories from the previous discussion :p.

NeroInfernoF7
08-10-2012, 03:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2012, 03:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

rupok2
08-10-2012, 03:10 PM
sigh...

You know Ubisoft, I love your games but its just sad you treat your loyal customers this way. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up after last time when they said pc was still on schedule for oct.

De Filosoof
08-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Wasn't it obvious that this would happen?

TheHumanTowel
08-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Woah didn't see that coming. What a shock announcment. My world has been rocked

like a hurricane.

Locopells
08-10-2012, 03:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxlhyX-4qKI

De Filosoof
08-10-2012, 03:17 PM
It was still pretty stupid from Ubisoft to deny it all the time. It's not like they will get more respect from people/fans.
Just be honest for **** sake, not the sneaky marketing talk. People don't like that.

rupok2
08-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Its sad that me as a PC gamer always supports Ubisoft with their AC titles and I get treated like dirt/second hand customer. I been buying every assassins creed at full price preorder since ac2. At least with ac2 and brotherhood they bothered to add some dlc to compensate but with revelations it just seems like they totally stopped caring.

I never get their logic. They sell the game a month later and still expect good sales from us and when they don't get it they blame on piracy and delay the next title more. And what does delaying the title do anyways? Console players won't move to pc to play and pc players won't move to console to play I don't understand. Last two assassins creed I preordered and they were released hacked a few days before release and I actually had to wait to play a game I purchased full price and hackers already played it.

Rakudaton
08-10-2012, 03:19 PM
The only thing that surprises me is how they stated so adamantly how it wouldn't be delayed, and whenever challenged repeatedly said it would be released on the same date as the other versions. And then, when the prospect came up that it might be delayed, Ubisoft started claiming they'd never said that. THAT surprises me, not the delay itself. The whole doublethink thing going on. Most odd.

*sits back with popcorn*

dxsxhxcx
08-10-2012, 03:20 PM
one thing I don't understand is why not confirm this when the leak happened, why make their costumers create false expectatives for more time and believe that the game could still be released at the same date as the consoles version when they probably knew by that time this wouldn't happen... not that I wasn't expecting this would happen but is sad to see that Ubisoft didn't learn nothing from their previous releases...

Last two assassins creed I preordered and they were released hacked a few days before release and I actually had to wait to play a game I purchased full price and hackers already played it.

how much do you want to bet that this will happen AGAIN with both versions (consoles/PC) of the game? 1 or 2 weeks before its release the game will leak...

NeroInfernoF7
08-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah, they were like "NO! The rumors are false! The PC version will NOT be delayed! No matter what anyone says!".

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnod3gDjeq1qc3w5g.gif

De Filosoof
08-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Its sad that me as a PC gamer always supports Ubisoft with their AC titles and I get treated like dirt/second hand customer. I been buying every assassins creed at full price preorder since ac2. At least with ac2 and brotherhood they bothered to add some dlc to compensate but with revelations it just seems like they totally stopped caring.

I never get their logic. They sell the game a month later and still expect good sales from us and when they don't get it they blame on piracy and delay the next title more. And what does delaying the title do anyways? Console players won't move to pc to play and pc players won't move to console to play I don't understand. Last two assassins creed I preordered and they were released hacked a few days before release and I actually had to wait to play a game I purchased full price and hackers already played it.

You're ust a few extra $$ signs to them, it's all about the money with big companies.
Get used to it, it's how this entire system works.

Stroonzje
08-10-2012, 03:22 PM
This is old neeews budday

Locopells
08-10-2012, 03:26 PM
It's old, but they were determinedly denying it until now.

De Filosoof
08-10-2012, 03:27 PM
one thing I don't understand is why not confirm this when the leak happened, why make their costumers create false expectatives for more time and believe that the game could still be released at the same date as the consoles version when they probably knew by that time this wouldn't happen... not that I wasn't expecting this would happen but is sad to see that Ubisoft didn't learn nothing from their previous releases...

Pretty dirty indeed.

Those marketing guys at Ubisoft are real fools, i think they'd be better off without them.

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2012, 03:30 PM
You're ust a few extra $$ signs to them, it's all about the money with big companies.
Oh really? Why do most other companies prove otherwise?

rupok2
08-10-2012, 03:32 PM

The thing with pc is that there is no excuse anymore. Many games on pc sell as well as the console counterparts. EA for example released their profits and pc beat out ps3 with $275 million to $261 million. PC is a huge market right now and ignoring it like ubisoft does is a really big mistake.

Also console profit margins are slowly dropping while pc profit margins are rising exponentially.

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2012, 03:34 PM
The thing with pc is that there is no excuse anymore. Many games on pc sell as well as the console counterparts. EA for example released their profits and pc beat out ps3 with $275 million to $261 million. PC is a huge market right now and ignoring it like ubisoft does is a really big mistake.
^This. For EA, PC market is beating the console market by a HUGE amount. EA is just being used here as an example though, even Call of Duty this year is not being ported, but being MADE for the PC, with DirectX11 and stuff like that.

http://i.imgbox.com/acgWLD4H.png
^ACIII is Ubi's flagship, and yet this is how it is being treated.

De Filosoof
08-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Oh really? Why do most other companies prove otherwise?

Maybe because they aren't as big and therefore not corrupted as much?

:p

rupok2
08-10-2012, 03:39 PM
The pc market is easy to please even tho it seems like its not. We were so badly treated last year that a little shout to us by a game company makes us really happy. If you give the pc games a few things like full graphics options (Fov), key remapping, and a decent port it makes a huge difference. Just acknowledging that we weren't thrown to the side is enough for pc gamers to pick up the game in droves.

Maybe because they aren't as big and therefore not corrupted as much?

:p

EA is a huge company and one of the largest publishers. People say alot of bad things about them but the truth is that they have been supporting the pc alot in the last few years. All of their games come on time for pc and they are usually built for the pc and not just some port. Most of their games work perfectly on day 1 also. Ubisoft is huge but they are not as big as EA. Whats the difference then? EA knows their business thats why they stayed alive in the gaming world for many years.

Ubisoft basically miss out of 10's of millions because they are too stupid to know how to please pc gamers.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Yet another pointless stupid PC version delay. When will Ubisoft finally learn?

De Filosoof
08-10-2012, 03:45 PM
EA is a huge company and one of the largest publishers. People say alot of bad things about them but the truth is that they have been supporting the pc alot in the last few years. All of their games come on time for pc and they are usually built for the pc and not just some port. Most of their games work perfectly on day 1 also. Ubisoft is huge but they are not as big as EA. Whats the difference then? EA knows their business thats why they stayed alive in the gaming world for many years.

Yeah, and that's only because the marketing people know they can make a lot of money out of it, if done right.
It's not because they love people with PCs. Like i said, it's all about the money with big companies.

Example:

1. They could make a LOT of money and care about their customers and fans.
2. They could make a lot MORE money by screwing them over.

Big companies will almost always choose for option 2 :)(that's why they get very big in the first place lol).
It's called a money addiction, it's almost the same as a gambling addiction, a food addiction or even a drug addiction but the difference is that a money addiction gets rewarded, that's what makes it even more addictive.

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Yeah, and that's only because the marketing people know they can make a lot of money out of it, if done right.
It's not because they love people with PCs.
Yeah, that's true, but there are companies that love PC too - VALVe, CDProjekt, Bohemia.
You honestly think devs love consoles? It just makes them money too while restricting things due to end of their cycle

De Filosoof
08-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Yeah, that's true, but there are companies that love PC too - VALVe, CDProjekt, Bohemia.
You honestly think devs love consoles? It just makes them money too while restricting things due to end of their cycle

Very true.

Will_Lucky
08-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Does this even surprise anyone? This was inevitable.

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Does this even surprise anyone? This was inevitable.
Surprise? No. Annoy? YES.

Black_Widow9
08-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Let's keep this to the PC discussion.
Thanks