PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Gamescom trailer?

LoyalACFan
08-10-2012, 02:55 AM
The Ubisoft site is advertising a Gamescom trailer (featuring epic naval battles) on Page 1 of their GB website, but when I clicked into the link, there's no video :nonchalance: Here's the link- http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-gb/media/media.aspx?c=tcm:21-60418&ct=tcm:6-231-32

Obviously some people can see it, since there are several comments posting about it. If you can see it... Is this just the AnvilNext trailer?

tarrero
08-10-2012, 03:25 AM
No more new stuff!!!!!! May be either boston at night or the frontier in summer

Will_Lucky
08-10-2012, 03:33 AM
Dubstep, its all I expect.

LoyalACFan
08-10-2012, 04:15 AM
No more new stuff!!!!!! May be either boston at night or the frontier in summer

The tab on the main page had a picture of Connor at the helm of his ship with the tagline "Engage in epic sea battles." But there's no video...

Assassin_M
08-10-2012, 04:22 AM
The tab on the main page had a picture of Connor at the helm of his ship with the tagline "Engage in epic sea battles." But there's no video...
Magnificent, right ? How people see smoke and say "FIRE FIRE !!!" not knowing its just some dust...

LoyalACFan
08-10-2012, 04:25 AM
Magnificent, right ? How people see smoke and say "FIRE FIRE !!!" not knowing its just some dust...

Well, obviously there's a video SOMEWHERE. The link I provided in the first post has six or seven Facebook replies saying "Wow, best game ever!" and the like. I just wanted to post this to see if anyone else had any luck getting it to play.

Assassin_M
08-10-2012, 04:28 AM
Well, obviously there's a video SOMEWHERE. The link I provided in the first post has six or seven Facebook replies saying "Wow, best game ever!" and the like. I just wanted to post this to see if anyone else had any luck getting it to play.
Mate, I still see videos of the E3 gameplay being posted on FB and people posting "wow, best game ever" or "graphics are awesome" or "im buying this"

They just released a LONG trailer... think about that, im sure they dont want to dry it out, gamescom is just around the corner...

LoyalACFan
08-10-2012, 04:50 AM
Mate, I still see videos of the E3 gameplay being posted on FB and people posting "wow, best game ever" or "graphics are awesome" or "im buying this"

They just released a LONG trailer... think about that, im sure they dont want to dry it out, gamescom is just around the corner...

Bro, follow this link.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-gb/index.aspx

See the gigantic pic of the naval battle, and the caption that says "Assassin's Creed III- Trailer Gamescom 2012?" Well, when I click the "Watch it Now" button, I get a blank page with a few Facebook replies at the bottom. Obviously, some people can see a video on that page, and others (including me and one of the other Facebook comments) cannot. If there were no video there at all, would people follow the link from the main Ubisoft page and say "DURRR, best game evah!" when they end up looking at a blank screen? No. There is supposed to be a video on that page, and for whatever reason it isn't loading for me. In all likelihood, it's the AnvilNext trailer that was released a few days ago. But I've never seen it referred to as the Gamescom trailer, and the naval battles had quite a minor role in that trailer anyway. I didn't come in here screaming "OMGZ NEW TRAILER!!!!" I was just asking (note the TWO question marks in the thread title) if anyone was able to get the video to work, and if so, explain to me what it was. If you didn't know the answer to my question, that's fine, but don't get all cheesed about it because you don't think it's important. Chances are, it's nothing monumental. But I wanted to find out what this was all about, considering there's obviously supposed to be SOMETHING on that page.

Assassin_M
08-10-2012, 04:55 AM
Bro, follow this link.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-gb/index.aspx

See the gigantic pic of the naval battle, and the caption that says "Assassin's Creed III- Trailer Gamescom 2012?" Well, when I click the "Watch it Now" button, I get a blank page with a few Facebook replies at the bottom. Obviously, some people can see a video on that page, and others (including me and one of the other Facebook comments) cannot. If there were no video there at all, would people follow the link from the main Ubisoft page and say "DURRR, best game evah!" when they end up looking at a blank screen? No. There is supposed to be a video on that page, and for whatever reason it isn't loading for me. In all likelihood, it's the AnvilNext trailer that was released a few days ago. But I've never seen it referred to as the Gamescom trailer, and the naval battles had quite a minor role in that trailer anyway. I didn't come in here screaming "OMGZ NEW TRAILER!!!!" I was just asking (note the TWO question marks in the thread title) if anyone was able to get the video to work, and if so, explain to me what it was. If you didn't know the answer to my question, that's fine, but don't get all cheesed about it because you don't think it's important. Chances are, it's nothing monumental. But I wanted to find out what this was all about, considering there's obviously supposed to be SOMETHING on that page.
Cheesed about it ? honestly is that even a word ? I didn't accuse you of anything, If you paid attention to my posts, you`d have realized that my cynicism was directed towards the people who jumped on the wagon "NEW TRAILER" and not you..

And Yes, I have seen people say "best game eva" on blank videos, Yes its true..
so there may be no video right now..

jiajen
08-10-2012, 04:59 AM
I'm not even sure if those facebook commenters can see the video themselves. They sound a little sarcastic to me.

SixKeys
08-10-2012, 05:01 AM
Patience, guys... I'm sure the trailer will be up soon. They may be forced to wait until a specific time before uploading.

LoyalACFan
08-10-2012, 05:10 AM
Cheesed about it ? honestly is that even a word ? I didn't accuse you of anything, If you paid attention to my posts, you`d have realized that my cynicism was directed towards the people who jumped on the wagon "NEW TRAILER" and not you....

Eh... it's a local colloquialism... I rarely use it. But it seems this has just been a miscommunication. My apologies.

Assassin_M
08-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Eh... it's a local colloquialism... I rarely use it. But it seems this has just been a miscommunication. My apologies.
Ah No Worries:D

pacmanate
08-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Well either...

1. Sarcasm
2. They are just saying it cause it's true
3. They did see the video. Cause lets be honest, who actually checks the official website.

eagleforlife1
08-10-2012, 08:12 AM

I don't know why you are apologising. It should be the other way round.

LoyalACFan
08-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Well either...

1. Sarcasm
2. They are just saying it cause it's true
3. They did see the video. Cause lets be honest, who actually checks the official website.

Lol. I never do. I was on somebody else's computer, so I didn't have these forums set in my favorites tab. So I just Googled Assassin's Creed and clicked the first result :p

Mr_Shade
08-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I suspect it's a error - So I'll get them to check it ;)

Locopells
08-10-2012, 11:31 AM
It's just disappeared from the front page, I can't get it up anymore, so...

Legendz54
08-10-2012, 11:39 AM
It's just disappeared from the front page, I can't get it up anymore, so...

Great.. why does Ubisoft play with us like this...

Locopells
08-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Someone just uploaded it too early by mistake I'm gussing. When excatly is GamesCom?

Mr_Shade
08-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Great.. why does Ubisoft play with us like this...
It was an error - so it is not ready just yet..

Stroonzje
08-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Ubisoft.. why oh why do you do these things :'(

Slayer_WTF
08-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Page removed.

Legendz54
08-10-2012, 12:12 PM
It was an error - so it is not ready just yet..

Well at least we know something is coming soon.

Mr_Shade
08-10-2012, 12:34 PM
maybe.. ;)

playassassins1
08-10-2012, 12:51 PM
maybe.. ;)

xD. That smiley says it all....

Slayer_WTF
08-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I hope that the trailer contains new game scenes. Reviewing the usual scenes remixed loop after a while 'bored.

Dralight
08-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Someone just uploaded it too early by mistake I gussing. When excatly is GamesCom?

It starts on the 15th August, so this does seem a bit too early to upload a "GamesCom trailer". o_O

Assassin_M
08-10-2012, 05:07 PM
I don't know why you are apologising. It should be the other way round.
Yeah, this does not concern you, so stay out of it..

lonewarrior30
08-10-2012, 05:26 PM
maybe.. ;)

oh how I have missed this

pacmanate
08-10-2012, 05:32 PM
maybe.. ;)

*insert cough before* *insert cough after* *insert more smiley faces*