PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft reusing character models too much

pacmanate
08-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Noticed this in Revelations a LOT. You know that guy who is banging away at the door to altairs library? His face shows up EVERYWHERE in the game. Whether it is citizen or guard. It is annoying too see. I recognise this in AC2 as well, however much less. Granted I am not saying that they should never re use character models, it just takes away from the experience when they are OVER used. I hope this isn't the case with AC3.

LoyalACFan
08-10-2012, 02:09 AM
Yep, I agree. I saw quite a few repeats in Brotherhood (notably with the Assassin recruits) but it was REALLY noticeable in Revelations. That same pudgy, lightly-bearded face was on pretty much every male NPC. However, I haven't noticed any of that so far in the limited amount of gameplay footage we've seen for AC3, which had over triple the development time of ACR, so...

Assassin_M
08-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Recycling Facial models is present in EVERY Open-world game, but yes I agree that It was too apparent in Revelations.

Hell, every Female recruit had the same face preset and every male recruit the same..

SixKeys
08-10-2012, 04:59 AM
It never bothered me except in AC2 when every third civilian looked exactly like Vieri de Pazzi. I don't mind reusing NPC models for civilians, but they should at least have kept Vieri's face unique since he's a major character.

rileypoole1234
08-10-2012, 05:56 AM
It didn't really bother me that much. I got used to it. It happens in all games.

pacmanate
08-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Recycling Facial models is present in EVERY Open-world game, but yes I agree that It was too apparent in Revelations.

Hell, every Female recruit had the same face preset and every male recruit the same..

I know it happens, I don't expect it not too that's just CRAY!

It didn't really bother me that much. I got used to it. It happens in all games.

It never bothered me until Revelations' "That same pudgy, lightly-bearded face was on pretty much every male NPC."

Locopells
08-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Can't say it's ever bothered me. Yes I've noticed it, but that's gaming for you, and I don't pay it that much attention.

mattahleen
08-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Man that pudgy face haunts my dreams.

Slayer_WTF
08-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Even in video AC3 I noticed this thing..

De Filosoof
08-10-2012, 08:09 PM
This will be THE face in AC3 :

http://s10.postimage.org/4z41y0ivb/face.jpg

Slayer_WTF
08-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Here was one of the first things that came to mind.