PDA

View Full Version : ACIII Hideout?

superkootje
08-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Will there be a HideOut kind of place in ACIII?

Like in ACII the Monteriggioni Villa, in Brotherhood the Small Island and the Assassin's Building, in Revelations the Assassin's hideout (which did dissappoint me really).
I like the Hideout we had in ACII, the villa, You could upgrade it was actually a usefull place instead of the hideout from Revelations.

Your thoughts please :D

tarrero
08-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Upgrade a huge mansion???? It doest not make sense anymore. I just dont see Connor in a place like that, It would be cool though, if AC1 system and bureaus make a comeback!

superkootje
08-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Upgrade???? It made sense in AC2, but I did not like it since. It would be cool, it AC1 system makes a comeback!

yeah upgrade the stores to get more discount and increase your income, and to repair the well and brothel and stuff so it all looked better and stuff, you know what I mean.

And what exactly is the AC1 system you speak off. (Haven't played it in a LONG while! :P )

TheFrontLine
08-06-2012, 10:31 PM
I think he means little 'hideouts' in New York/Boston, like the Bureaus.

tarrero
08-06-2012, 10:34 PM
yeah upgrade the stores to get more discount and increase your income, and to repair the well and brothel and stuff so it all looked better and stuff, you know what I mean.

And what exactly is the AC1 system you speak off. (Haven't played it in a LONG while! :P )

Well it is been stated that the "renew" buildings system (fortunately) is GONE! And on AC1 you have the bureaus, in which, after you gathered info on your target, you were given permission to attack, only this time it would be cool if ammo is also provided.

superkootje
08-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Well it is been stated that the "renew" buildings system(furtonately) is GONE! And on AC1 you have the bureaus, in which you gather info on your target.

Ooh that! I remember :D
I will be very glad the system of buying shops like in brotherhood and rev will be gone, hated that too :P

SixKeys
08-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Well it is been stated that the "renew" buildings system(furtonately) is GONE! And on AC1 you have the bureaus, in which you gather info on your target.

No, they haven't stated that at all. They've said the economy system will be different, so you won't be upgrading shops anymore. But there will definitely be a hideout and you will definitely have opportunities to upgrade and customize it.

MT4K
08-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Will there be a HideOut kind of place in ACIII?

Like in ACII the Monteriggioni Villa, in Brotherhood the Small Island and the Assassin's Building, in Revelations the Assassin's hideout (which did dissappoint me really).
I like the Hideout we had in ACII, the villa, You could upgrade it was actually a usefull place instead of the hideout from Revelations.

Your thoughts please :D

All we really know is that there will be something like a hideout or hq or something along those lines in the game, but other than that we really don't know anything else regarding this.

I do look forward to finding out though and it would be really cool to be able to actually customise our hideout/HQ/bureau(s)/whatever this time :D.

tarrero
08-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Since connor is torn, I suppose he is going to have his OWN hideout within the frontier........

And sixkeys you are right,I did not explained well myself, I was talking about buying landmarks and sort of, which I am glad it is gone!

eagleforlife1
08-06-2012, 11:01 PM
There is an image on the web although I can't seem to find it of Connor on a horse in a snowy landscape with a log cabin behind him and the Assassin insignia on it's front.

playassassins1
08-06-2012, 11:04 PM
There is an image on the web although I can't seem to find it of Connor on a horse in a snowy landscape with a og cabin behind him and the Assassin insignia on it's front.

I saw that one too. I think it appeared on Gameinformer.

Maybe Connor will sort of have more than 1 hideout in the frontier, that will serve as vantage points to fast-travel between. Could be something cool.

twenty_glyphs
08-06-2012, 11:19 PM
There was a Kotaku article two weeks after Revelations came out last year that had theories on where AC3 would take place. One item was based on an email the author got from someone who claimed to have seen AC3 and ended up nailing the time period and location, Connor being half Native American, meeting George Washington, and three-mast ships in combat. It also mentioned the protagonist would "build up a homebase farm of some sort", so I think there's a good chance that will be Connor's main hideout that you can customize.

A guy who e-mailed me and said he saw Assassin's Creed III in action several months ago, but who I couldn't confirm was legit: (I'm paraphrasing what he told me.) The game is in America, during the Revolutionary War, starring a half-American/half-Native American assassin who meets George Washington and builds up a homebase farm of some sort. He mentioned a mission involving tracking redcoats on a frozen lake (the ice could be weakened so they fell through) and a level involving three-mast ships in grand combat. [Note from Stephen: Would be cool if it was true, no?]

http://kotaku.com/5863512/the-evidence-for-assassins-creed-iii-being-set-in-america-or-china-or-india

LoyalACFan
08-07-2012, 04:12 AM
I think it would be pretty awesome if his ship was the equivalent of Ezio's hideout. Have the armory set up below decks. That way, you could access the ship (and by extension, your arsenal) from the docks of all three major regions, rather than making annoying trips back and forth to switch out weapons.

rileypoole1234
08-07-2012, 04:21 AM
Since I saw the screenshot of Connor fighting the soldiers with the mansion in the background, I've wanted the HQ to be through some sort of trap door in that mansion. I also do like that ship idea mentioned above me. It would work well. We could do what he mentioned, and even send troops out on missions from the ship.

twenty_glyphs
08-07-2012, 04:24 AM
I think it would be pretty awesome if his ship was the equivalent of Ezio's hideout. Have the armory set up below decks. That way, you could access the ship (and by extension, your arsenal) from the docks of all three major regions, rather than making annoying trips back and forth to switch out weapons.

Wow, that is an awesome idea. It was incredibly annoying having to go back to Monterrigioni just to swap out gear in AC2. Brotherhood and Revelations made it easier by nature of having only one map, but that's no real solution. They've also said that fast travel in AC3 will be more integrated into the game, but haven't said anything more about it. I wonder if it will involve Connor's ship or something else entirely.

Serrachio
08-07-2012, 04:33 AM
Considering Connor's ship takes damage in naval battles, I doubt his armour and stuff is going to be on board.

Would be too expensive to replace that stuff if it sank. :P

Shaxy
08-07-2012, 04:42 AM
Hey, I might be able to help here...

Some juicy pieces of information relateing to the whole 'hideout/safehouse' was touched upon on a previous podcast from gameinformer. The question was answered by Alex Hutchinson.

Link >>>>>>>> http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcas...s-creed-3.aspx

( Skip to 05:50 and listen till 06:37 )

tarrero
08-07-2012, 05:05 AM
it does not work, What did he say?

Calvarok
08-07-2012, 05:43 AM
We have no idea how the Assassin's Order has changed their structure over the years.

Forsakenghost
08-07-2012, 05:58 AM
I think Connor could live in an Indian village.

Shaxy
08-07-2012, 06:01 AM
it does not work, What did he say?

Strange, it works for me.
Try this

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2012/04/05/special-edition-podcast-assassins-creed-3.aspx

Its basically this

Question = "Is the Player in Assassins Creed 3 capable of displaying trophy animals in the Assassins primary hideout if so how can you do that?"
Answer = Alex is into the whole home subsystem sort of thing he goes on and sais "We have a big sort of mechanic sub system which we haven't really talked about that deals with the players hideout/home" and "One of those goals was to display your achivements, there's lots of things you can do in the gamewould which are displayed in your home

projectpat06
08-07-2012, 06:40 AM

Now this I like. I was already hoping that we will be able to access the inside of the ship. We can upgrade the captains quarters and buy upgrades for the armory (almost like mass effect but tailored to fit this genre and era). A small hideout within the frontier in a cave (behind a waterfall even that we could climb too) or just hidden somewhere would be cool too. A mini 18th century Batcave ha.

I feel like some cabin or building would just get discovered by the red coats and burned down.

freddie_1897
08-07-2012, 03:08 PM
for the frontier a cave would be cool, the ship is a nice idea but as mentioned, it would have taken damage, so his armour couldn't have survived. it would be a poor place because what if you found loads of notes which were of vital importance, put it on your ship and then the ship sinks, no one would risk that.

for the cities i'd like the assassin bureaus, but one in every district of the city. i really liked them in AC1 because it felt like a safe quiet place to relax and escape from the bustling city outside. the entrance being on the roof again would be nice

RatonhnhakeFan
08-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I think Ratonhnhaké:ton's village will be one of the main hideouts. We may be able to 'upgrade' it to, like secure resources for winter and stuff like that. His mom (and sibling?) may be there too, kind of like the villa in AC2

Slayer_WTF
08-07-2012, 03:17 PM
I think Ratonhnhaké:ton's village will be one of the main hideouts.

Like this?

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Assassins-Creed-3-Mohawk-Artwork.jpg

RatonhnhakeFan
08-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Like this?Yup :)

tarrero
08-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Strange, it works for me.
Try this

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2012/04/05/special-edition-podcast-assassins-creed-3.aspx

Its basically this

Question = "Is the Player in Assassins Creed 3 capable of displaying trophy animals in the Assassins primary hideout if so how can you do that?"
Answer = Alex is into the whole home subsystem sort of thing he goes on and sais "We have a big sort of mechanic sub system which we haven't really talked about that deals with the players hideout/home" and "One of those goals was to display your achivements, there's lots of things you can do in the gamewould which are displayed in your home

The second link worked, thanks dude!!!!

Slayer_WTF
08-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Yup :)

It would be interesting, but I was thinking about hiding the Assassins as a secret lair. It would be even more interesting to use a village inhabited by people of Connor as a hideout.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-07-2012, 03:34 PM
It would be interesting, but I was thinking about hiding the Assassins as a secret lair. It would be even more interesting to use a village inhabited by people of Connor as a hideout.

I wouldn't mind a secret Assassin base, but it's been done so many times already. AC1, ACB, ACR. Even the villa in AC2 was partially one of the order's bases. Having an Iroquois longhouse as your main home would be refreshing.

Slayer_WTF
08-07-2012, 03:40 PM
. Having an Iroquois longhouse as your main home would be refreshing.

Yeah. They also said that the properties will be more integrated with the story, type as in GTA IV.

medcsu
08-07-2012, 04:27 PM
This post reminded me of something. I wonder what the new "purchase" facet item(s) will be in this game. For AC2/B we had art, and Revelations we had books. So what do you think AC3 will bring? Perhaps a type of a relic system? ie: Trophies of kills for your wall in the hideout like a stuffed bear/wolf, etc. Considering the era I really cannot think of anything else. What do you guys think?

LoyalACFan
08-07-2012, 08:09 PM
This post reminded me of something. I wonder what the new "purchase" facet item(s) will be in this game. For AC2/B we had art, and Revelations we had books. So what do you think AC3 will bring? Perhaps a type of a relic system? ie: Trophies of kills for your wall in the hideout like a stuffed bear/wolf, etc. Considering the era I really cannot think of anything else. What do you guys think?

I think it'll probably be bearskins and stuff. Maybe some deer heads up on the wall. I dunno. As long as they aren't as stupid and useless as the books, I'm fine. Having art up on your walls was cool, but I never saw the appeal of having a fully stocked library of books you can't even open :nonchalance:

RatonhnhakeFan
08-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I think it'll probably be bearskins and stuff. Maybe some deer heads up on the wall. I dunno. As long as they aren't as stupid and useless as the books, I'm fine. Having art up on your walls was cool, but I never saw the appeal of having a fully stocked library of books you can't even open :nonchalance:yeah, I would prefer if all the stuff you can be is useful somehow. Maybe wood, food supplies for your village to prepare better for harsh winter? Would be nice IMO and feel more important than a collection of paintings ;P

LoyalACFan
08-07-2012, 08:14 PM
for the frontier a cave would be cool, the ship is a nice idea but as mentioned, it would have taken damage, so his armour couldn't have survived. it would be a poor place because what if you found loads of notes which were of vital importance, put it on your ship and then the ship sinks, no one would risk that.

for the cities i'd like the assassin bureaus, but one in every district of the city. i really liked them in AC1 because it felt like a safe quiet place to relax and escape from the bustling city outside. the entrance being on the roof again would be nice
I don't really see why the ship potentially sinking would be a reason not to keep your stuff on it. After all, if your ship sinks in the middle of the ocean, you're sinking with it. You might as well keep your weapons there with you, since you'd be dead anyway if the ship sank.

notafanboy
08-07-2012, 08:54 PM
I don't really see why the ship potentially sinking would be a reason not to keep your stuff on it. After all, if your ship sinks in the middle of the ocean, you're sinking with it. You might as well keep your weapons there with you, since you'd be dead anyway if the ship sank.

this. I also like the "batcave" ideá, there is only one problem, who would have built it ?

LoyalACFan
08-07-2012, 09:00 PM
this. I also like the "batcave" ideá, there is only one problem, who would have built it ?

Christopher Columbus :p

No, in all seriousness, it could have been built by Giovanni Borgia. He was an Assassin who went to the New World in the 1500s, and we never really found out what ultimately happened to him, or if he was even ever that far north. Could be an interesting plot device, though, to connect Connor and Ezio, like the Codex connected Ezio and Altair.

projectpat06
08-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Christopher Columbus :p

No, in all seriousness, it could have been built by Giovanni Borgia. He was an Assassin who went to the New World in the 1500s, and we never really found out what ultimately happened to him, or if he was even ever that far north. Could be an interesting plot device, though, to connect Connor and Ezio, like the Codex connected Ezio and Altair.

That could be cool. If you've played red dead and know about Dutch's hideout, I was thinking more on the line of being similar to his cave. Heck, you could even climb to the top on the other side and do a leap of faith off the cliff. I was just thinking last of the mohicans in terms of being behind the waterfall.

And speaking of The Last of the Mohicans, for a guilty pleasure, I will def have the soundtrack blasting while on the prowl in the Frontier. Epic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ryJDVuZ6k&feature=related

LoyalACFan
08-07-2012, 10:21 PM
That could be cool. If you've played red dead and know about Dutch's hideout, I was thinking more on the line of being similar to his cave. Heck, you could even climb to the top on the other side and do a leap of faith off the cliff. I was just thinking last of the mohicans in terms of being behind the waterfall.

And speaking of The Last of the Mohicans, for a guilty pleasure, I will def have the soundtrack blasting while on the prowl in the Frontier. Epic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ryJDVuZ6k&feature=related

Yeah, Dutch's hideout was pretty badass. That would be cool to see as an AC hideout.

projectpat06
08-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Sorry for all the posts, but also here is my two cents on the bureau idea within the cities. To Connor, the cities are home to the "outsider". They were settled and built by the people he opposes (ehem daddy issues). I almost want the cities to feel foreign to him and feel out of place where as the Frontier is his stomping groups. He's most comfortable in the wilderness and most deadly so I think his home base should remain where he considers to be home. A place to retreat from the colonial conflict. Having a home or bureau in the cities would be conforming to the outsider which contradicts his feelings of repelling all outsiders. But he is torn soooo...I dunno. I still like idea of his ship being at the docks for a quick access to his weapons cache. If his ship, the Aquilla, sinks in the game, I'm pretty sure it's GAMEOVER starting u back up the last checkpoint. (dufaq!? It's not real life!?) Don't think Connor will have the resources or time to build multiple Aquilas hah.

superkootje
08-07-2012, 10:30 PM
I hope there will come a sequel to red dead redemption aswell, I loved that game just as much as I love Assassin's Creed.

projectpat06
08-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Rockstar said they will be making one but not right away. Prob on next Gen. When I was playing in Tall trees and the Plains for the first time, I used to think, dang Rockstar could possibly be the first to make an awesome American Revolution game. Wasn't really thinking about how much it would suck to be a shooter game so I was glad too Ubisoft pulled it off when they announced AC3 two years later.

superkootje
08-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Rockstar said they will be making one but not right away. Prob on next Gen. When I was playing in Tall trees and the Plains for the first time, I used to think, dang Rockstar could possibly be the first to make an awesome American Revolution game. Wasn't really thinking about how much it would suck to be a shooter game so I was glad too Ubisoft pulled it off when they announced AC3 two years later.

But I did feel kind of weird the way John Marston died, The hero of the game dies kind of abrupt.
And then you play on a couple of missions as Jack, Who I do not like a much as John.!

De Filosoof
08-07-2012, 10:46 PM
But I did feel kind of weird the way John Marston died, The hero of the game dies kind of abrupt.
And then you play on a couple of missions as Jack, Who I do not like a much as John.!

It was a pretty nice "twist" and i think it was the best part of the storyline.

superkootje
08-07-2012, 10:48 PM
It was a pretty nice "twist" and i think it was the best part of the storyline.

It was the best part for sure! But in a weird way, atleast for me...

De Filosoof
08-07-2012, 10:52 PM
True:).

Funbun777
08-08-2012, 04:03 AM
Perhaps a free mason or sons of liberty esc lodge for assaasins

My family was once invited to an event at one and I snuck into the ritual chamber ;)

and instantly though that it would be great for assassins creed

Stroonzje
08-08-2012, 12:57 PM
batcave. epic.

WolfTemplar94
08-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Didn't the devs say that part of the game is finding a home for the Natives? I think we'll have a Native village in the Frontier that we build up. Considering we know that they lose their village at the start, it makes sense.

LoyalACFan
08-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Didn't the devs say that part of the game is finding a home for the Natives? I think we'll have a Native village in the Frontier that we build up. Considering we know that they lose their village at the start, it makes sense.

I think they were saying Connor was trying to forge a place for his people in the hierarchy of the New World, not literally finding them a home. But this would kind of make sense.

projectpat06
08-16-2012, 07:16 AM
The boat might not be a hideout, but it is apparently similar to Monteriggioni from AC2 in terms of being able to improve and upgrade. Hopefully there will be a decked out captains quarters we can upgrade. Now all need is the "batcave" in the frontier for a hideout.

watch at about 3:50
http://www.gamespot.com/events/gamescom-2012/video.html?sid=6391772