PDA

View Full Version : In AC1 you can actually VAULT over stuff whilst free running?!

pacmanate
08-05-2012, 03:37 PM
I never knew this but did it just now, if you want to try it without fails do it in Masyaf. Where there are like well type things with buckets, free run towards them then press CIRCLE or B. Altair will vault himself over it. He can do it over other things too.

How come I did not know this?! Is this new to anyone else?

naran6142
08-05-2012, 03:40 PM
no its not new, but its something the game neglects to tell you

TheHumanTowel
08-05-2012, 03:42 PM
I remember my friend trying to show me Altair sliding over stuff but we couldn't figure out how to do it. Altair has a fair few moves that just aren't explained or mentioned in-game so you wouldn't even know he could do it. I only found out how to Air Assassinate years after I'd finished the game.

pacmanate
08-05-2012, 03:45 PM
I remember my friend trying to show me Altair sliding over stuff but we couldn't figure out how to do it. Altair has a fair few moves that just aren't explained or mentioned in-game so you wouldn't even know he could do it. I only found out how to Air Assassinate years after I'd finished the game.

Same! I only just figured out how to air assassinate too. Stupid game! *shakes fist*

RatonhnhakeFan
08-05-2012, 03:45 PM
no its not new, but its something the game neglects to tell youWhich is why I only discovered it close to end of the game lol

playassassins1
08-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I just discovered this by a video. And BTW, this will be returning in AC III, which is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBWEud8p9s

SixKeys
08-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I guess the game never mentions it because it's not exactly an important move, most of the time it just slows you down. Besides, it looks kind of crap, like they only animated it halfway. There were a lot of animations in mind for AC1 originally that didn't come into fruition, Alta´r was supposed to have a special walk for walking down steep hills for example. Funny that those moves are now finally being properly implemented into AC3.

Assassin_M
08-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Oh wow I dont know that, Thanks:D*attempt to make OP feel good*

TheHumanTowel
08-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Does Ezio have this move?

Assassin_M
08-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Does Ezio have this move?
No..

TheHumanTowel
08-05-2012, 04:31 PM
No..
Altair=Greatest Assassin of all time. It's official. This clinched it.

rileypoole1234
08-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Altair=Greatest Assassin of all time. It's official. This clinched it.

Wait to see Connor...

But Yeah I didn't know about this move at all.

SaintPerkele
08-05-2012, 05:06 PM
No..
Well, actually.. I'm pretty sure they reused that animation when you exit a well with Ezio ;)

kriegerdesgottes
08-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah I knew that but it took me forever to figure out. I still have trouble doing it sometimes. I also didn't know you could counter with the hidden blade until like a year and a half after I bought the game. I love that game but it messed some stuff up for sure.

GLHS
08-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah, had no idea about any of this. Sweet.

ProletariatPleb
08-05-2012, 06:00 PM
0_0 seriously didn't know about this move till now?

GLHS
08-05-2012, 06:16 PM
If they bothered to tell you about it in game, things like this wouldn't be undiscovered in the first place.

ProletariatPleb
08-05-2012, 06:19 PM
If they bothered to tell you about it in game, things like this wouldn't be undiscovered in the first place.
It wasn't intentional, lol.
And there was a thread about this long ago.

xXMrGR1NCHXx
08-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Woah, I didn't know this, or air assassination. O_O

SixKeys
08-05-2012, 07:22 PM
It wasn't until I learned how to air assassinate in the first game that I was okay with it being included in Revelations.

Gil_217
08-05-2012, 07:33 PM
You guys didn't know how to air assassinate in Assassin's Creed?

WTF!!

I'm not joking, I'm really surprised, and there are plenty of people admitting it. I don't really know what to say.

BATISTABUS
08-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Huh. Well what do you know? I just bought my own copy of AC1, so I guess I'll give this a try when I play through it again.

Slayer_WTF
08-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I just discovered this by a video. And BTW, this will be returning in AC III, which is awesome!

What the f..

pacmanate
08-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't know! Someone said before it's funny how this stuff is being put in to AC3. It IS funny. Prince of Persia - Assassin's, had it so you could touch each step as you walked down a flight of steps, this was out of AC1 and IN AC3 as a new thing. Same as this leaping over stuff, now being implemented in to AC3. All the cool stuff they had before has just been in their vault, waiting to be shoved in to AC3. Not that that is a bad thing.

SixKeys
08-05-2012, 09:01 PM
You guys didn't know how to air assassinate in Assassin's Creed?

WTF!!

I'm not joking, I'm really surprised, and there are plenty of people admitting it. I don't really know what to say.

Because it worked differently than in AC2. You couldn't do it from great heights and it wasn't automatic (lock on > air assassinate). You had to jump first and then pull out your blade, or be low enough for Alta´r to do it automatically.

SaintPerkele
08-05-2012, 09:08 PM
I suppose AC2 was the first AC game you played then? I figured it out during my first playthrough of AC1 which was before AC2 was released (and I tell you, I was so glad when I heard that they reworked the air assassination mechanics back then).

SixKeys
08-05-2012, 09:10 PM
I suppose AC2 was the first AC game you played then? I figured it out during my first playthrough of AC1 which was before AC2 was released (and I tell you, I was so glad when I heard that they reworked the air assassination mechanics back then).

Nope, started with the first one. AC2 just explained all the moves in more detail. I've always played the game with KB + M, that might have something to do with figuring out the controls.

playassassins1
08-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Well, Air assassinations were limited in AC I. You couldn't do an air-assassination when you're on a rooftop above your enemy. AC II sort of expanded the possibilities with air-assassinations

VictorAviram123
08-05-2012, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78eU8eVoSS0
It will be back as you can see in 0:38 of the frontier demo.

kudos17
08-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Oh gosh, I loved air assassinations in the first one. So much satisfaction. You'd have to time the leap, measure the length, pull out the hidden blade at just the perfect moment aaaand... stabby time.

Not like the later versions... just lock on and press X (Square) to win... yay... :nonchalance:

Honestly, I'm fine with it either way, but sweet Moses, if AC1 air assassinations weren't the best...

godsmack_darius
08-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Haha...Those vaults would help so much. i was sick being in a bad *** chase then you have to stop all the momentum because you have to do an annoying climbing animation. Instead I could have just vaulted right over. THATS the real parkour

SaintPerkele
08-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Nope, started with the first one. AC2 just explained all the moves in more detail. I've always played the game with KB + M, that might have something to do with figuring out the controls.
I'm a PC player too (remember? We used to play multiplayer together :P), hm.. I guess it was just luck on my side then that I figured it out. Yep, the first AC was lacking a couple of explanations, but to be honest, i prefer that to a whole sequence dedicated to tutorials ;)

Acrimonious_Nin
08-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Same! I only just figured out how to air assassinate too. Stupid game! *shakes fist*

Really ? really? he vaults ?!? wtf.....how does he air assassinate ? soon some one is going to learn that he actually swims in certain waters....>_>

berserker134
08-06-2012, 03:04 AM
does this work in ps3 too

GLHS
08-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Yes, on every console. There's tutorial vids and such on youtube.

Aphex_Tim
08-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Wow, i never knew that. :p
And you can air assassinate?? Time to play AC1 again!

raytrek79
08-06-2012, 12:26 PM
When I was doing Tamir, I collected all the preparation information and it tells you you can kill him from the beams above, that is how I found out you could air assasinate.

Kit572
08-06-2012, 12:27 PM
I knew this already when once I was free-running then Altair vaults and I think: "WHOA WTF WAS THAT?!"