PDA

View Full Version : Clipping In Assassins Creed

Stroonzje
08-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I've noticed in a lot of the footage there seems to be clipping, i really hope it gets fixed as i absolutely HATE clipping in games... it seems like such a small thing but it can completely strip the immersivity of a game within seconds for me and probably other people too. the worst of it seems to be in the landing when connor falls or jumps from somewhere and he hits the ground the blue cloth at he back goes through the ground. i thought i might just bring it up because i know im not the only one thinking it should be fixed.. anyway i love the series and cant wait for ac3 (:

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Clipping is one of the most annoying bugs in AC.
Ezio puts his hand through the guys neck 9 out of 10 times you Assassinate.
It really needs fixing.
They did say that having clipping go away is tough to do in ACIII, because they completely opened the free running, that you can literally go everywhere, so that freedom can kinda come with bugs.

WolfTemplar94
08-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Glitches happen in all most every game. I like to blame the animus for glitches ;)

Stroonzje
08-04-2012, 03:46 PM
i like your logic wolf ;D i did read up somewhere that clipping is a major issue in gaming that needs more attention, i was thinking of going onto some developer forums for people that are making games like by them self and see if we can get someone to make some sort of program that improves clipping although from my understanding, clipping would take a while to fix as it does go into physics nd **** haha

RatonhnhakeFan
08-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Clipping happens in all 3d games. Until there's a technology that realistically realistically deforms all polygons/textures under pressure of another objects taking mass, hardness and and tons of things into account will see clipping in games

Slayer_WTF
08-04-2012, 04:16 PM
glitches happen in all most every game. I like to blame the animus for glitches ;)

xD

De Filosoof
08-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Aaahh so i'm not the only one. I 100% agree with you.
One of the main reasons i never weared the Brutus armor is because it had so many ugly clipping issues, same with the crossbow and the bulky armor in ACR.
I don't really understand why his cloth can't bend from the ground. Is that really so hard? I mean they can make other hanging cloth in the environment bend when you run into them, like in the Boston demo.
It wasn't a problem in the batman games right?

Stroonzje
08-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Aaahh so i'm not the only one. I 100% agree with you.
One of the main reasons i never weared the Brutus armor is because it had so many ugly clipping issues, same with the crossbow and the bulky armor in ACR.
I don't really understand why his cloth can't bend from the ground. Is that really so hard? I mean they can make other hanging cloth in the environment bend when you run into them, like in the Boston demo.
It wasn't a problem in the batman games right?

batman was really good for clipping, the only thing i noticed was in upclose between people parts and they sorta clipped which all games have regardless.
But the thing im hoping for is that they just fix all the clipping on CONNOR especially the bow string and weapons (:

De Filosoof
08-04-2012, 05:26 PM
batman was really good for clipping, the only thing i noticed was in upclose between people parts and they sorta clipped which all games have regardless.
But the thing im hoping for is that they just fix all the clipping on CONNOR especially the bow string and weapons (:

Yeah, but i don't think it's going to happen :(.

Serrachio
08-04-2012, 07:45 PM
One of the ways to try and avoid clipping would be to improve character rigging, and making all clothing into a mesh that deforms at the joints when characters move.

I think some sort of small collision physics could be implemented when clothing hits on something too.

If you're going to have people hit the floor, I suppose something could be done with a material element you assign to clothing, which could affect whether it flattens and creases (cloth) or resists. (metal, hard plastic etc.)

I wouldn't have any clue on how to program that sort of behavior though.

De Filosoof
08-04-2012, 07:51 PM
So why does it work in batman games but not in AC games.

LoyalACFan
08-04-2012, 07:57 PM
So why does it work in batman games but not in AC games.

Batman AC had an entire team devoted to the cape physics. If you're going to make a Batman game, you kind of have to nail the cape. They could do the same thing with Assassin's Creed 3 if they really wanted to, but it would take a hell of a lot of time, effort, and money.

BBALive
08-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Clipping occurs in most games. It's very hard to fix.