PDA

View Full Version : Both genders in next AC game

Sioe Hellreaper
08-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Ok, so I doubt I'm the first to think of this but wouldn't it be nice to have both genders to be able to play as? Ubisoft could use a story line similar to that of Fable II where it's a brother and sister living the hard life of orphans and then tradgety befalls one of the siblings bring the other one to embark on a quest for vengence against the Templars who brought pain and misfortune upon the two siblings. Also the great thing about this storyline is that the tradgety could be that one gets kidnapped and then as you go through the game u could come upon them and rescue them but only after you come to learn that even though your quest began for vengence it must be ended for justice. I know I make it sound corny but I'm sure Ubisoft would be able to make it into a brilliant story if they ever did something of this sorts. P.S. The reason I brought this up is cuz my gf is a huge fan of the game but would rather be an "elegant temptress than a sweaty pig" as she puts it. All in all I love the games I have been playing them since they started and I can't wait for AC3 to finally come out.

[/INDENT]-Hellreaper over and out

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 07:12 AM
A: There is AC Liberation coming out, female Assassin.
B: How will it work with the Animus? the Animus limits those kinds of things.

Sioe Hellreaper
08-04-2012, 07:24 AM
U have a point with B I didn't think of that. It's to bad Desmond can only link memories with descendants that look exactly like he does. But as for your fist point, Liberations is only for PSVista so unless my gf is willing to buy one she can't play it. As it is she only plays the other games because she plays them at my house on my Xbox360. I just think it would be a cool idea if Ubisoft added a girl player to the game. They're always trying to get better with each game but with a female charactor I'm sure it'll have tons of possitive effects for both the company and the players. Just my opinion.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 07:30 AM
I actually would like a female character lead for a main console AC, but the Vita game is a good start.
And actually he can link memories with any descendants, the Animus just puts his facial features on the ancestors.

Sioe Hellreaper
08-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Ohh, I always wondered why they all had the same exact facial features. That's pretty cool but I could see how that wouldn't go over well with a girl player...she'd be an ugly chick with a dudes face. =)

LoyalACFan
08-04-2012, 08:21 AM
The male/female thing could work if it was two lovers who eventually had kids. Then both of them would be Desmond's ancestors. However, I think the AC encyclopedia says that synchronization issues often arise with subjects reliving memories of an ancestor of the opposite sex.

WolfTemplar94
08-04-2012, 01:01 PM
The male/female thing could work if it was two lovers who eventually had kids. Then both of them would be Desmond's ancestors. However, I think the AC encyclopedia says that synchronization issues often arise with subjects reliving memories of an ancestor of the opposite sex.

If you think about it, it would feel weird having different genitals, so the subject would probably end up rejecting the memories.

MangoCookies
08-04-2012, 01:49 PM
But isn't Desmond reliving Aveline's memories? Or is this someone else's ancestor entirely?

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 01:52 PM
...Nobody is reliving her. Templar propaganda tool.

MangoCookies
08-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Oh okay. How so??

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 02:48 PM
I think they are using some sort of DDS, or memory farming, but I am uncertain.

raytrek79
08-04-2012, 03:48 PM
For you to be able to access both brother and sister, the "Desmond" would have to be a dirrect decendant of both, meaning they would have to get incestually natsy, or at some point their children, grand children, great grand children, etc, would have to get it on. It has happened a lot in history but you would want to avoid that kind of taboo. Instead you could go with husband and wife assasins, the "Desmond" could feasibly access both ancestors.

nightcobra
08-04-2012, 08:04 PM
For you to be able to access both brother and sister, the "Desmond" would have to be a dirrect decendant of both, meaning they would have to get incestually natsy, or at some point their children, grand children, great grand children, etc, would have to get it on. It has happened a lot in history but you would want to avoid that kind of taboo. Instead you could go with husband and wife assasins, the "Desmond" could feasibly access both ancestors.

the animus has a series of rules that while not outright stated to the player, is shown through the games:

-the subject can relive any of his or her ancestors memories, regardless of the ancestor's gender.

-an ancestor's memories segment can go from the ancestor's birth (or even as early as conception as shown by the bleeding effect) to the ancestor's conception of his/her child directly connected to the subject.

-due to the above rule the subject never experiences the moment of an ancestor's death.

- in the bleeding effect it was shown that the subject may *see* his/her female ancestor point of view after conception when reliving the unborn child's memories...unknown if this is the same when using the animus, perhaps the system can't distinguish the fetus from the mother's memories before birth or maybe the mother's memory information during her pregnancy is passed on to the child's DNA segment.

LoyalACFan
08-04-2012, 08:31 PM
in the bleeding effect it was shown that the subject may *see* his/her female ancestor point of view after conception when reliving the unborn child's memories...unknown if this is the same when using the animus, perhaps the system can't distinguish the fetus from the mother's memories before birth or maybe the mother's memory information during her pregnancy is passed on to the child's DNA segment.

He was reliving Altair's son's memories at that point, not Maria's. I still say you can't access memories of ancestors of the opposite sex because of synchronization issues that occur due to extra... parts, shall we say. That's how it's explained in the AC Encyclopedia.

nightcobra
08-04-2012, 08:45 PM
He was reliving Altair's son's memories at that point, not Maria's. I still say you can't access memories of ancestors of the opposite sex because of synchronization issues that occur due to extra... parts, shall we say. That's how it's explained in the AC Encyclopedia.

though wouldn't desmond just be seeing black? and at time of conception the *child* is just a few cells at the moment so i still say that it's more likely that the mother's memories and information during pregnancy is passed on to the child or that the animus/bleeding effect can't make the distinction between mother and child during pregnancy.

as for accessing memories of ancestors of the opposite sex, i'd say it's pretty doable due to abstergo's liberation program. many male subjects will be reliving aveline's memories so that's that taken care of, although that gives another rule for the animus

- a subject may relive another person's ancestor memory, like any computer program the memory sessions within a DNA segment can be recorded so other users can experience it as it is the case with aveline's memory segment which is released to the public.

SixKeys
08-04-2012, 08:54 PM
The bit with Desmond's memories moving from Alta´r to the baby in AC2 never made sense to me. Alta´r was passing on his genes, but that doesn't mean his genes were literally given to the baby (leaving Alta´r without them). It just means Desmond should be able to follow BOTH of them. Why did his memories automatically move on to the baby, especially when it was basically just an impregnated cell at that point, not a creature capable of thought? What if Maria had had a miscarriage? Would those memories have been destroyed? Would Desmond's connection to Alta´r have been severed forever? Maybe I'm missing something, but this just doesn't make sense to me.

nightcobra
08-04-2012, 09:03 PM
The bit with Desmond's memories moving from Alta´r to the baby in AC2 never made sense to me. Alta´r was passing on his genes, but that doesn't mean his genes were literally given to the baby (leaving Alta´r without them). It just means Desmond should be able to follow BOTH of them. Why did his memories automatically move on to the baby, especially when it was basically just an impregnated cell at that point, not a creature capable of thought? What if Maria had had a miscarriage? Would those memories have been destroyed? Would Desmond's connection to Alta´r have been severed forever? Maybe I'm missing something, but this just doesn't make sense to me.

think of it the other way around:

desmond's DNA has bits and pieces of all his ancestors DNA jumbled up and mixed together, the dna he got from his father only has information of his father until that DNA passed onto desmond, and his grandfather DNA segment only got to his father when he...well, made him, conceived him, had sex, whatever you want to call it.

as for your other point, if maria had a miscarriage then altair's perspective wouldn't have passed to the child because if it was a miscarriage then that wouldn't be desmond's ancestor.

visual representation:

[|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] desmond's DNA

= (not exact... but you get the picture, desmond's DNA is comprised of his ancestor's DNA that was passed on when they conceived the children that are directly related to desmond's bloodline)

[||||||||||||] + [|||||] + [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||](William) + [|||] + [|||](Altair) + [||||||||] + [|||||||||||||||] + [|||||||||] + [|||||||||||||||||||||||||](connor) + [||||||||] + [|||||||||](Ezio)

Ashen-AngelFox
08-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Desmond wouldn't be able follow both of them because the DNA Alta´r passed on would only contain his memories to that point, not beyond. Only a descendant from a later child would be able to see beyond that point in ACII. At least, that's how I've always understood it.

Beat me to it.

raytrek79
08-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Genetically there is the XX chromosomes in women and the XY chromosomes in men, perhaps that makes a female ancestor harder to access by a male animus subject, that perhaps he can only get half or part of the dna sequence due to the X being lost?

berserker134
08-05-2012, 05:23 AM
do u mean like an rpg character choosing like in skyrim

LoyalACFan
08-05-2012, 08:21 AM
do u mean like an rpg character choosing like in skyrim

No, that wouldn't work for AC. He's talking about two individual characters.