PDA

View Full Version : Birth Year of Connor

anik_lc
08-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Which year Connor was born? While searching on the net I found out two different answers. 1753 and 1755. Was it officially confirmed when he was born?

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 06:59 AM
We have no idea. Charles Lee gave birth to two twins in the year 1755, he was British, and his wife was Native American, and 1755, I believe, is the date that was removed from the trailer, Alex said that there is a European last name out there on the internet that they are trying to hide....
Which lead me to believe it's 1755/Charles Lee is his father.
Nothing is set in stone, tho.
But how ever, the game starts at 1753....why?
I assume that the name ''Life scratcher'' comes from a hard birth, maybe he almost died, so they had to sync with Connor's mother/Lee beforehand.

LoyalACFan
08-04-2012, 08:27 AM
We have no idea. Charles Lee gave birth to two twins in the year 1755, he was British, and his wife was Native American, and 1755, I believe, is the date that was removed from the trailer, Alex said that there is a European last name out there on the internet that they are trying to hide....
Nothing is set in stone, tho..

I don't think they would make Connor a child of Lee that was historically documented, though. For one, they might run into legal issues with any real-world descendants of that child, and also, they said they had a development rule saying they can't use anything that can be proven wrong with a 30-second web search. I'm pretty sure I can prove within 30 seconds that Charles Lee's historically documented son wasn't a murderous Indian Assassin.

And the European surname Hutchinson was trying to conceal was Kenway. Not Lee. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean his father's name was Kenway, it might just be a random name he picks up from the colonies.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 08:34 AM
There was one twin that was not documented or known.
Connor, anybody? and I doubt it's Kenway, there is no historical Kenway, plus, it is widespread now.
The dates, the info, the pics we got....they all lead to Lee.
And they said there will be one big historical deviation.

LoyalACFan
08-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Connor, anybody? and I doubt it's Kenway, there is no historical Kenway, plus, it is widespread now.

Wait, are you saying Lee historically only had one child with his Indian bride in 1755, and Connor would be an unknown twin? In that case, it would work, I guess, but I still don't think they'll do it because it's cliche. I don't want Connor/Charles Lee to be the next Luke Skywalker/Darth Vader ripoff.

And why are you dismissing the name Kenway? It had to come from somewhere. What does it matter if it's widespread?

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Because it would be pointless when everybody knows it. And he had twins, but the second one is unknown and undocumented.
I mean, if everybody knows Kenway, why try protecting it?
Seems more likely that it is something else.

LoyalACFan
08-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Because it would be pointless when everybody knows it. And he had twins, but the second one is unknown and undocumented.
I mean, if everybody knows Kenway, why try protecting it?
Seems more likely that it is something else.

That's not how it works, though. He's not going to acknowledge leaked information. When the ME3 ending was leaked, the developers didn't just say "Aw, to hell with it, everybody knows what happens anyway, let's just post the ending on teh YouTubez!" Kenway was the name we (accidentally) got from Ubisoft. I don't see any reason why they would give us a false surname. Although, if it's a really big spoiler (like if there's a guy we meet early on named Kenway, who turns out to be Connor's father in the end) they might make a new name and re-record some dialogue to make it fit. It's still early enough for them to get away with that.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 09:02 AM
He did not really acknowledge it, he just said they are trying to ''protect it'', so it is open to what it is.
But still, they removed the 1755 date...
I wonder why? :p

MT4K
08-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Which year Connor was born? While searching on the net I found out two different answers. 1753 and 1755. Was it officially confirmed when he was born?

They have said multiple times that the game will start in 1753.

The problem is Connor's birth year was put in a trailer and listed as 1755. 2 years after the game is said multiple times to start. The reason people still find it suspicious and somewhat true is because when everybody started talking about it Ubisoft instead of simpy changing the date on the trailer to say 1753. They completely removed it.

Also he is said to join the assassins at the age of 15 in 1770. Which would mean he was born in 1755. So you can decide yourself on whether you believe the 1755 date or not.

Nobody knows for sure either way and it is just one of those things that is likely to be up in the air until release.

FirestarLuva
08-04-2012, 01:15 PM
I assume that the name ''Life scratcher'' comes from a hard birth, maybe he almost died, so they had to sync with Connor's mother/Lee beforehand.

Lol, good idea, I can see that happening, I hope! :P

RatonhnhakeFan
08-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm pretty sure I can prove within 30 seconds that Charles Lee's historically documented son wasn't a murderous Indian Assassin.Then try it. Because I couldn't find absolutely any information on Lee's children apart from their birth year.

EDIT: One other thing I found is one source that states the twins were both male: http://books.google.pl/books?id=Qq401Z0BEckC&pg=PA105&lpg=PA105&dq=%22charles+lee%22+mohawk+twins&source=bl&ots=Sw59VYsl71&sig=YcYHx0POV_ZWVWi_n6vQYSbuleo&hl=en&sa=X&ei=wxYdUP3rCsfLhAfuqYD4Cw&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=%22charles%20lee%22%20mohawk%20twins&f=false

Even Ancestry.com doesn't list Lee's twins: http://records.ancestry.com/Charles_Lee_records.ashx?pid=95997780

Stroonzje
08-04-2012, 02:30 PM
really outfar thing to theorize but maybe charles lee was his uncle.. that leaves options open for the name and other things... but i dont think charles had any brothers or sisters... maybe they gave him one for the games sake

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 02:33 PM
What the hell? what uncle?
We are saying he is his father, not uncle. He had two twins, both of them were male, undocumented, born on 1755.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-04-2012, 02:42 PM
What the hell? what uncle?
We are saying he is his father, not uncle. He had two twins, both of them were male, undocumented, born on 1755.
But you said on previous page that one of the twins was documented?

Also, it's just one source that says it was two boys. Don't take it as a fact yet.

Anyway, tried to search more. Lee's wife name is said to be unknown in most sources, but some source say it was Bright Lightning, daughter of chief White Thunder

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Those names seem like something out of a cartoon xD
The source I got that from was apparently wrong, as when I researched it a bit more, both of them are actually not documented.
Just have the second one die and let Connor alive.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Those names seem like something out of a cartoon xD
The source I got that from was apparently wrong, as when I researched it a bit more, both of them are actually not documented.
Just have the second one die and let Connor alive.I think it's safe to assume there are simply no historical records on those children. Which does leave Ubisoft open doors. Although, how would Desmond know about Ratonhnhaké:ton then?

FirestarLuva
08-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Then try it. Because I couldn't find absolutely any information on Lee's children apart from their birth year.

EDIT: One other thing I found is one source that states the twins were both male: http://books.google.pl/books?id=Qq401Z0BEckC&pg=PA105&lpg=PA105&dq=%22charles+lee%22+mohawk+twins&source=bl&ots=Sw59VYsl71&sig=YcYHx0POV_ZWVWi_n6vQYSbuleo&hl=en&sa=X&ei=wxYdUP3rCsfLhAfuqYD4Cw&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=%22charles%20lee%22%20mohawk%20twins&f=false

Even Ancestry.com doesn't list Lee's twins: http://records.ancestry.com/Charles_Lee_records.ashx?pid=95997780

Thanks for the info! What caught my attention was that Lee was called 'Boiling Water' because of his ill-temper, which kinda reminds me of Connor's personality, since Alex described him as direct, impatient and cocky-sort of like.
Check these links, though you've seen one of them:
http://imgur.com/e6n5o,ifDhA,Tun0g,CXTHZ,ngYtH,VByvP,xRSU8,Yh02q,Qu 21s,VDcJ3#8
http://imgur.com/e6n5o,ifDhA,Tun0g,CXTHZ,ngYtH,VByvP,xRSU8,Yh02q,Qu 21s,VDcJ3#2

RatonhnhakeFan
08-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Check these links, though you've seen one of them:
http://imgur.com/e6n5o,ifDhA,Tun0g,CXTHZ,ngYtH,VByvP,xRSU8,Yh02q,Qu 21s,VDcJ3#8Yes, saw these 2. :) He looks great in the new render <3 And his skin looks dark like in Frontier demo, hope it stays this way.

BTW, did you see this comment from Alex lol?

Why is Connor captain of a ship? "I don't want to answer that question," says Hutchinson. "It's like saying Darth Vader is Luke's father"lolol at this point, I will be surprised more if Lee is NOT his father then if he is xD

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Okay, you just gave it away.
Bravo Alex.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff32/evildrew81/scary%20stuff/Joker.gif
So much for ''protecting'' his last name.

FirestarLuva
08-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Yes, saw these 2. :) He looks great in the new render <3 And his skin looks dark like in Frontier demo, hope it stays this way.

BTW, did you see this comment from Alex lol?
lolol at this point, I will be surprised more if Lee is NOT his father then if he is xD

Thank you Alex for unsensibly spoiling Connor's father for us. Much appreciated. *thumbs up*
Connor/Lee "Luke I am your father' is legit people. Go home. :3

anik_lc
08-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Nothing is set in stone, tho.
But how ever, the game starts at 1753....why?

Yeah, right. I guess Lee is Connor's father too. Beside UBISOFT love to play with History. I can't find anywhere on the net what Lee did in 1753. Not even in Wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lee_(general)
But Wiki stated this:

His wife (name unknown) gave birth to twins.
Maybe he did something bad in Mohawk village which related to later events in the game so they have to start with 1753.

By the way, Lee was known to the Mohawks as Ounewaterika, or "Boiling Water". This picture made me believe it was a very right name for him.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3YspXZ-ReXo/T4Nbw-ewOfI/AAAAAAAAAJ4/S-y5SzA1baQ/s1600/assassins-creed-3-screenshots.jpg
:p

RatonhnhakeFan
08-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Yeah, right. I guess Lee is Connor's father too. Beside UBISOFT love to play with History. I can't find anywhere on the net what Lee did in 1753. Not even in Wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lee_(general)
But Wiki stated this:

Maybe he did something bad in Mohawk village which related to later events in the game so they have to start with 1753. 1753 would either right after, exactly the moment or right before Lee's arrival to America. Different sources tell different dates, some say 1753, some 1754 and I even saw sources claiming 1752 or 1755. In any case, 1753 is when he was done with his education in Europe and was being sent to serve in British Army in America

anik_lc
08-04-2012, 03:42 PM
1753 would either right after, exactly the moment or right before Lee's arrival to America. Different sources tell different dates, some say 1753, some 1754 and I even saw sources claiming 1752 or 1755. In any case, 1753 is when he was done with his education in Europe and was being sent to serve in British Army in America

Wiki says 1754 as well.

He was sent with the regiment to America in 1754 for service in the French and Indian War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_and_Indian_War) under Major General Edward Braddock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Braddock). Lee was apparently not with the regiment when it suffered disastrous defeat at the Battle of the Monongahela (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Monongahela) in 1755.

But maybe UBISOFT edited it. :p:p:p

Stroonzje
08-04-2012, 03:43 PM
But you said on previous page that one of the twins was documented?

Also, it's just one source that says it was two boys. Don't take it as a fact yet.

Anyway, tried to search more. Lee's wife name is said to be unknown in most sources, but some source say it was Bright Lightning, daughter of chief White Thunder

lol "white thunder" i can imagine him running into battle screaming" WHIIITTTEEE THUUNNDAAAR BIIITCHEESSSS!!!!!"

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Ubisoft does change dates at time, but I am pretty sure we start with 1753, we sync those two years, then we get the birth of Connor.
This speculation just makes me want the game more and more X__X

AnthonyA85
08-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Connor's last name is Kenway, so the only way for Charles Lee being Connor's father can work is, if Connor either doesn't know that Lee is his father, or Lee does something that pisses Connor off so much, that he takes Kenway as his last name, basically denying any relation to Lee, in effect, disowning/denouncing him.

Additionally, his birth year is definitely 1755 (it was in the weapons reveal trailer), so the only question is, what are we going to be doing for the prior two years i wonder.

And if you don't believe that his last name is Kenway, look on the AC wiki. It still says Kenway in Connor's entry, if ubisoft have gone out of their way to remove Connor's last name, why did they leave that?

Off-topic, i'm glad to see they removed the captcha thing, god that was annoying.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Uhh..Anthony, the reason Kenway is on the entry is because we dont have compelet 100% that it is Charles Lee, Kenway, I think he does know, but Charles Lee pissed him off somehow.

Gil_217
08-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Additionally, his birth year is definitely 1750 (it was in the weapons reveal trailer), so the only question is, what are we going to be doing for the prior two years i wonder.

Actually, they showed his birth year as 1755 in that video. I'm sure you meant 1755 because of the last part of your post but still it was better to correct you, to not cause even more confusion.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Or perhaps it's not smart to adopt Lee name even if he knows who his dad is and he's not mad at him at all? I mean, Lee is a Continental Army general, an important figure in the war. It could be harder for Ratonhnhaké:ton to be independent and move around (esp. among the Loyalists) if he was widely known and associated as the son of a high-ranking soldier of one side of the conflict

Lonesoldier2012
08-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Came up with this theory of Lee being Connor's father months ago. And oh look. It's a fact. FACT!

RatonhnhakeFan
08-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Came up with this theory of Lee being Connor's father months ago. And oh look. It's a fact. FACT!
I think it's VERY likely, but it's not a fact yet

anik_lc
08-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Connor's last name is Kenway, so the only way for Charles Lee being Connor's father can work is, if Connor either doesn't know that Lee is his father, or Lee does something that pisses Connor off so much, that he takes Kenway as his last name, basically denying any relation to Lee, in effect, disowning/denouncing him.

Additionally, his birth year is definitely 1750 (it was in the weapons reveal trailer), so the only question is, what are we going to be doing for the prior two years i wonder.

And if you don't believe that his last name is Kenway, look on the AC wiki. It still says Kenway in Connor's entry, if ubisoft have gone out of their way to remove Connor's last name, why did they leave that?

Off-topic, i'm glad to see they removed the captcha thing, god that was annoying.

1750!!!

Maybe Lee dumped Connor so Connor change the last name by himself. Maybe he was Connor Lee at first. :D

RatonhnhakeFan
08-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Maybe Lee dumped Connor so Connor change the last name by himself. Maybe he was Connor Lee at first. :DWell, Lee was out of America for 13 years starting in 1760, so yeah, he did abandon his wife and children

Gil_217
08-04-2012, 05:07 PM
1750!!!

Maybe Lee dumped Connor so Connor change the last name by himself. Maybe he was Connor Lee at first. :D

It's not 1750. The birth year of Connor shown in that video was 1755. I think Anthony meant 1755 but wrongly wrote 1750.

AnthonyA85
08-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Yes, I meant 1755, i typed my last post on a netbook, so i got it wrong :p but yes, i meant 1755, NOT 1750, i'll go correct that.

EDIT

Fixed previous post.

Layytez
08-04-2012, 05:42 PM
How did Alex ruin/give it away ?

LoyalACFan
08-04-2012, 07:45 PM
How did Alex ruin/give it away ?

He really didn't. He said he can't say why Connor is a captain of a ship because it would be like saying Darth Vader is Luke's father, leading people to believe it was a father/son spoiler. But the Luke/Vader thing is so common nowadays, it can be used to refer to any kind of huge spoiler.

But after reading the points in this thread... I'm on board with the "Lee-as-Connor's-father" thing. Although, due to the nature of the Animus, that's something we would know from the start of the game. Not a huge end-of-game revelation.

De Filosoof
08-04-2012, 07:50 PM
He really didn't. He said he can't say why Connor is a captain of a ship because it would be like saying Darth Vader is Luke's father, leading people to believe it was a father/son spoiler. But the Luke/Vader thing is so common nowadays, it can be used to refer to any kind of huge spoiler.

That kinda gave it away.

LoyalACFan
08-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Well, Lee was out of America for 13 years starting in 1760, so yeah, he did abandon his wife and children

Well, that screenshot of him slamming Connor into a tree doesn't make sense then. If he's his son born in 1755, that means he was 5 at the most in that screen. And he looks like he's an adolescent.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Well, that screenshot of him slamming Connor into a tree doesn't make sense then. If he's his son born in 1755, that means he was 5 at the most in that screen. And he looks like he's an adolescent.But why do think that screen happens in 1760? If it was taking place in 1760, Lee would be just 28. And he doesn't look like a 28 years old guy at all :p

MasterSimaYi
08-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Wiki says 1754 as well.

lolno

RatonhnhakeFan
08-04-2012, 08:11 PM
lolno

?

BBALive
08-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Well, that screenshot of him slamming Connor into a tree doesn't make sense then. If he's his son born in 1755, that means he was 5 at the most in that screen. And he looks like he's an adolescent.

That probably took place in 1773, the year Lee moved to the colonies. If Connor is born in 1755, then he'd be 18 at that time.

MasterSimaYi
08-04-2012, 08:16 PM
?

The Wiki doesn't say anything about "1754" at all.

LoyalACFan
08-04-2012, 08:17 PM
But why do think that screen happens in 1760? If it was taking place in 1760, Lee would be just 28. And he doesn't look like a 28 years old guy at all :p

He was out of the country from 1760 to 1773. So it was either 1760 or before, or 1773 or after. If it was after 1773, that would make Connor 18, which he obviously isn't in that pic.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-04-2012, 08:17 PM
That probably took place in 1773, the year Lee moved to the colonies. If Connor is born in 1755, then he'd be 18 at that time.
Frankly, if they stick to historical dates, then this scene indeed couldn't happen prior to 1773 which means Ratonhnhaké:ton needs to be as young as possible. 'Cause he does not look a single day older than 17/18

He was out of the country from 1760 to 1773. So it was either 1760 or before, or 1773 or after. If it was after 1773, that would make Connor 18, which he obviously isn't in that pic.Depending which day in 1755 he was born in and which day in 1773 this screen would take place in, he could be still just 17. Which I can somehow buy. Some boys still look youngish at that age. Certainly it's more realistic than saying he's 5 years old in this screen :p

The Wiki doesn't say anything about "1754" at all.
It does: "He was sent with the regiment to America in 1754 for service in the French and Indian War under Major General Edward Braddock." (in North America section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lee_%28general%29#North_America) But like I said, I saw many dates stated as Lee's arrival in America, 1754 and 1753 were most popular, but some sources even said 1752 or 1755.

LoyalACFan
08-04-2012, 08:18 PM

See my above post. There's no way he was a grown man at the time of that screenshot.

Ashen-AngelFox
08-04-2012, 08:21 PM
That kinda gave it away.

I don't see how Alex's comment gives anything away. I've read the article and I think he's just using the Vader/Luke analogy to express how plot important Connor's being captain is. I mean, PTOM's question is just "Why is Connor captain of a ship?" I don't even think the article goes anywhere near who his parents may or may not be. So, I don't see how that proves the "Connor as Lee's son" theory.

MasterSimaYi
08-04-2012, 08:24 PM
It does: "He was sent with the regiment to America in 1754 for service in the French and Indian War under Major General Edward Braddock." (in North America section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lee_%28general%29#North_America) But like I said, I saw many dates stated as Lee's arrival in America, 1754 and 1753 were most popular, but some sources even said 1752 or 1755.

That's Wikipedia, not what is commonly referred to here as "the Wiki." :p

I just interpreted it the wrong way, I guess.

nightcobra
08-04-2012, 10:00 PM
if charles ends up being connor's father, then desmond could relive charles lee's memories if it turns out he's hiding something XD

BBALive
08-04-2012, 10:05 PM
See my above post. There's no way he was a grown man at the time of that screenshot.

He doesn't look like a grown man in the screenshot. He looks 18 or so.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-04-2012, 10:06 PM
if charles ends up being connor's father, then desmond could relive charles lee's memories if it turns out he's hiding something XDHe could only relive Lee's memories until 1755 in such scenario, till Ratonhnhaké:ton is conceived. Unless there are some Memory Seals/the Shroud involved which would have memories of Lee after his son was conceived

He doesn't look like a grown man in the screenshot. He looks 18 or so.LoyalACFan obviously meant that in his opinion he doesn't look like he's even 18 yet. I get that, but at this age, some boys may look very mature/manly already while some still like teenagers. For example, Olympic swimmer Tom Daley who is 18:
http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2012/07/british-diver-tom-daley-misses-out-on-olympic-medal.jpg
Baby face placed on a grown body lol

So yeah. Ratonhnhaké:ton COULD be 17/18 in that pic

Layytez
08-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Connor looks 12/13 in that picture.

LoyalACFan
08-05-2012, 04:37 AM
Connor looks 12/13 in that picture.

That's what I'm saying. I can't see 18 in that picture, by any stretch of the imagination. Besides, he's just so small there. Most men are pretty much fully grown by the time they're 18. They might grow another couple of inches, but look how small his frame is compared to Charles Lee, and those tiny little hands. That kind of stuff doesn't really change after your late teens, and he's not really a small guy in any of the images we've seen of him as an adult.

Gil_217
08-05-2012, 12:41 PM
I don't see how Alex's comment gives anything away. I've read the article and I think he's just using the Vader/Luke analogy to express how plot important Connor's being captain is. I mean, PTOM's question is just "Why is Connor captain of a ship?" I don't even think the article goes anywhere near who his parents may or may not be. So, I don't see how that proves the "Connor as Lee's son" theory.

Thank you very much!! I don't even know how many times I facepalmed at people saying Alex gave anything away. He was just using Luke/Vader as an example of how important that information (Connor being the captain of a ship) is, and he was probably just exaggerating a little. People are just reading too much into things that they want to happen.

FirestarLuva
08-05-2012, 12:52 PM
After reading all this, my final guess is that Connor is born in either 1755 or 1750, (cause 1750 matches Connor's age in that picture with Lee). But I doubt Ubisoft would miss an opportunity like the Connor/Lee father - son thing, since both Lee's children were twins and male and unknown, if I was them I wouldn't miss it. But lets see if anything is revealed at Gamescom, if not, then when the game comes out. :P

Gil_217
08-05-2012, 01:11 PM
About the year that pic with Connor and Lee takes place, just because Wikipedia says that Lee was out of America between 1760 and 1773 does not necessarily mean the same will happen in the Assassin's Creed Universe. They already changed minor details in previous games, and they obviously can do it again. Hell, Lee could be out of America between that timespan but could still visit the country. They can provide many explanations to that.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-05-2012, 02:06 PM
About the year that pic with Connor and Lee takes place, just because Wikipedia says that Lee was out of America between 1760 and 1773 does not necessarily mean the same will happen in the Assassin's Creed Universe. They already changed minor details in previous games, and they obviously can do it again. Hell, Lee could be out of America between that timespan but could still visit the country. They can provide many explanations to that.
True. They could implement some short "unrecorded by history" visit to America between those dates. However, the time difference can't be bigger than 5 years max. Lee does look to be around 40 already in that picture which fits with his historical return to America in 1773 when he was 41. If Lee looks around 40, then this screen/unrecorded visit just can't be happening earlier than, say, 1768/1770 (which would be hard to believe already since that would mean Lee would be just 36 in that screen). And we saw that Ratonhnhaké:ton CAN looks quite grown up in 1773 because the Boston demo happens in 1773 and he didn't look 12 there. It's easier to assume that a developing teenager may look not his age at 17/18 and then quickly 'catch up' rather then assume that a middle-aged man looks way way older than he should.

Gil_217
08-05-2012, 02:17 PM
True. They could implement some short "unrecorded by history" visit to America between those dates. However, the time difference can't be bigger than 5 years max. Lee does look to be around 40 already in that picture which fits with his historical return to America in 1773 when he was 41. If Lee looks around 40, then this screen/unrecorded visit just can't be happening earlier than, say, 1768/1770 (which would be hard to believe already since that would mean Lee would be just 36 in that screen). And we saw that Ratonhnhaké:ton CAN looks quite grown up in 1773 because the Boston demo happens in 1773 and he didn't look 12 there. It's easier to assume that a developing teenager may look not his age at 17/18 and then quickly 'catch up' rather then assume that a middle-aged man looks way way older than he should.

For example, imagine that pic takes place in 1770. I actually think it makes total sense. Charles Lee would be 38, and I don't really see a problem with that, and Connor would be 14/15, which is not hard to believe. I think it's the perfect year for that pic, and 1770 is the year Connor got inducted in the Assassin Order, but this is not the point here, even though it's very likely we will be playing with Connor in that year.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-05-2012, 02:24 PM
For example, imagine that pic takes place in 1770. I actually think it makes total sense. Charles Lee would be 38, and I don't really see a problem with that, and Connor would be 14/15, which is not hard to believe. I think it's the perfect year for that pic, and 1770 is the year Connor got inducted in the Assassin Order, but this is not the point here, even though it's very likely we will be playing with Connor in that year.
He joined the order (in 1770) after his village got burned down by the Templars and it's been confirmed that we will play as young Ratonhnhaké:ton AND it's almost granted that this pic:
http://s42.radikal.ru/i098/1203/5a/795a2eee0736.jpg
Is a concept of his "young playable version" model, so yeah, I definitely agree that there will be a 1770 level, probably the opening one where we first start to play him casually, some tutorial, then boom, the village gets attacked which is a big opening cinematic bonanza Ubisoft loves and then some cutscenes how he joins the order.

But that doesn't mean the screen with Lee has to happen in the same year. It could, many people suspect Lee is a Templar and that he will be personally involved in the attack on the village, but we really don't have concrete evidence for that.

Gil_217
08-05-2012, 02:26 PM
But of course, this is only pure speculation.

ACPrincess
08-05-2012, 02:36 PM
i think we get to see an important event that shapes Connors life before he was born :)

FirestarLuva
08-05-2012, 02:59 PM
He joined the order (in 1770) after his village got burned down by the Templars and it's been confirmed that we will play as young Ratonhnhaké:ton AND it's almost granted that this pic
Is a concept of his "young playable version" model, so yeah, I definitely agree that there will be a 1770 level, probably the opening one where we first start to play him casually, some tutorial, then boom, the village gets attacked which is a big opening cinematic bonanza Ubisoft loves and then some cutscenes how he joins the order.

But that doesn't mean the screen with Lee has to happen in the same year. It could, many people suspect Lee is a Templar and that he will be personally involved in the attack on the village, but we really don't have concrete evidence for that.

Here's what I think. Connor joins the Order in 1770 when he is 15, so I think we'll play as him when he is 10-12 in his village, where we learn the basics (since AC3 is a great start-up for players who never played any AC game before, there will be a lot we need to learn, like walking/running, etc) climbing trees. bow-arrow, hunting, skinning. Then we'll get to do other stuff like Ezio when he is a noble in Florence and then BOOM, his village is burnt down, end of Sequence 1. The game skips to 1770 where we play as him as a 'traveler' or survivor for a short time after his village is destroyed and then he somehow stumbles upon the Order (I have no idea how, maybe they attack him and Raton goes all rage on them). We have a short gameplay with him, the assassin's go all wowza at his awesome killing, climbing skills, then BOOM, few years later we see Raton walking down the hallway in assassin uniform, where he becomes an assassin/master assassin and we learn that he has a new name, Connor Kenway. The reason I said Master Assassin was that, in the Anvil trailer it is said we play as a 'master assassin' and when is multiple times mentioned about AC3 about the new stuff that's going to be in it, Connor's dubbed 'Master Assassin. Even in the Boston demo, which takes place 3 years after he joins the Order, he has assassin recruits with him (yes, not his crew from the ship, but assassins!), something I think only Master Assassins can have. :3
So, what do you guys think? Will Connor be the one that breaks Altair's record of becoming a Master Assassin at 24?

RatonhnhakeFan
08-05-2012, 03:36 PM
But his 'helpers' are not Assassins are they? It's a bit confusing to me. Isn't Ubisoft calling them "the Band", rather than Brotherhood? From what I understood, they're just civilians you helped who now help you, more like in AC1 than ACB/ACR.

But yeah, I definitely think they will implement all the tutorials into the 'young Ratonhnhaké:ton" gameplay like they did with Ezio. Can't wait! :D

Bonus for you Firestar, from the Anvil trailer:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120802160716/assassinscreed/images/thumb/1/13/AC3_AnvilNext_Connor.png/1000px-AC3_AnvilNext_Connor.png
He's just adorable <3

anik_lc
08-05-2012, 04:09 PM
But his 'helpers' are not Assassins are they? It's a bit confusing to me. Isn't Ubisoft calling them "the Band", rather than Brotherhood? From what I understood, they're just civilians you helped who now help you, more like in AC1 than ACB/ACR.

But yeah, I definitely think they will implement all the tutorials into the 'young Ratonhnhaké:ton" gameplay like they did with Ezio. Can't wait! :D

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120802160716/assassinscreed/images/thumb/1/13/AC3_AnvilNext_Connor.png/1000px-AC3_AnvilNext_Connor.png
He's just adorable <3

I hope it will be much more polished. :D

FirestarLuva
08-05-2012, 04:28 PM

He's just adorable <3

Thanks! Sent it to my cousin, he's comment was 'pure Indian face', lol, but he does look a lot of native american in this one and hope they keep him this way, with the dark skin tone. Anyway, how old do you think he is here? This seems to be near the end, so I'll say 29-31. :P

RatonhnhakeFan
08-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks! Sent it to my cousin, he's comment was 'pure Indian face', lol, but he does look a lot of native american in this one and hope they keep him this way, with the dark skin tone. Anyway, how old do you think he is here? This seems to be near the end, so I'll say 29-31. :PIf the 1755 birth date is correct, he would be 28 at the end. Would fit this screen. Though he may look older here because of the lighting. Agree though that I really hope they keep his skin dark like this.

Layytez
08-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Is it me or does he look different in many screens ?

FirestarLuva
08-05-2012, 05:27 PM
If the 1755 birth date is correct, he would be 28 at the end. Would fit this screen. Though he may look older here because of the lighting. Agree though that I really hope they keep his skin dark like this.

It's probably because of the lightning, and keep in mind that Mohawks, as they age, get much older in appearance than their actual age.

Gil_217
08-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Attention: This is only pure speculation!

I bet Connor will be born in December.

Altaďr was born in the first month of the year (January); Ezio was born in the middle-month (not sure about the term to use here, but whatever) of the year (June); Now Connor will be born in the last month of the year (December).

This is only a stupid guess of course.

Oh and one more thing:

Altaďr was born in month 1
Ezio was born in month 6
If Connor is born in month 12 then..................................

1x6x12=72

LOL

ProletariatPleb
08-05-2012, 08:52 PM

Altaďr was born in the first month of the year (January); Ezio was born in the middle-month (not sure about the term to use here, but whatever) of the year (June); Now Connor will be born in the last month of the year (December).

Oh and one more thing:

Ezio was born in month 6

1x6x12=72

LOL
Mother of Assassins 0_0

Gil_217
08-05-2012, 09:12 PM
This is getting ridiculous but I got more

Altaďr was born in 1165
Ezio was born in 1459
If Connor is born in 1753 then.............................................. .............

1753-1459=294
1459-1165=294
2x9x4= 72

CONSPIRACY CONSPIRACY

TheHumanTowel
08-05-2012, 09:29 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/mother-of-god-gif.gif

Layytez
08-05-2012, 10:06 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2a0eqte.jpg

jiajen
08-05-2012, 11:37 PM
The game is also going to cover the French and Indian war ("some, not all" according to Corey May), and that conflict ended in 1763. If Connor is born in 1753 then the burning of his village could happen right at the end of the war, when he's 10.

LoyalACFan
08-06-2012, 02:36 AM
The game is also going to cover the French and Indian war ("some, not all" according to Corey May), and that conflict ended in 1763. If Connor is born in 1753 then the burning of his village could happen right at the end of the war, when he's 10.

I forgot he said we see the French and Indian War... :/ That throws a bit of a wrench in things. I suppose we could see the VERY end of the war in 1763, but that seems like it would be really minor. Maybe Connor was born in like 1742, and the game starts in 1755, when the village is burned when Connor is 12-13? And the 1755 birthdate truly was an error? I dunno. Then we could see a more significant portion of the French & Indian War. He doesn't look like he's 35 in the Frontier demo, but it's hard to say.

Also... Christ, this spamming is ridiculous.

anik_lc
08-06-2012, 07:43 AM

Oh and one more thing:

Ezio was born in month 6

1x6x12=72

LOL

What is the significance of 72? :confused:

LoyalACFan
08-06-2012, 08:04 AM
What is the significance of 72? :confused:

Are you for real, bro? Read up.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/72

FirestarLuva
08-06-2012, 10:17 AM

That seems just about right.

jiajen
08-06-2012, 11:39 AM
I forgot he said we see the French and Indian War... :/ That throws a bit of a wrench in things. I suppose we could see the VERY end of the war in 1763, but that seems like it would be really minor. Maybe Connor was born in like 1742, and the game starts in 1755, when the village is burned when Connor is 12-13? And the 1755 birthdate truly was an error? I dunno. Then we could see a more significant portion of the French & Indian War. He doesn't look like he's 35 in the Frontier demo, but it's hard to say.

Also... Christ, this spamming is ridiculous.

Well, I think it might be alright if gamers only see the end of the French and Indian war through the destruction of Connor's village but we get to hear more about it through things like database entries and npc dialogue.

Slayer_WTF
08-06-2012, 12:06 PM
This is getting ridiculous but I got more

Altaďr was born in 1165
Ezio was born in 1459
If Connor is born in 1753 then.............................................. .............

1753-1459=294
1459-1165=294
2x9x4= 72

CONSPIRACY CONSPIRACY

http://memorylast.net/content/graphics/animated-gifs/omg.gif

Felix-Vivo
08-06-2012, 01:31 PM
He was out of the country from 1760 to 1773. So it was either 1760 or before, or 1773 or after. If it was after 1773, that would make Connor 18, which he obviously isn't in that pic.

I don't understand why people thought Connor is 18 in that pic. I'm pretty sure he's 18 in the Boston demo, already out and killing folks, not in his young Native outfit in the woods still.
:)

http://memorylast.net/content/graphics/animated-gifs/omg.gif

XD

Either it's a conspiracy or a lot of coincidences!

Kit572
08-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't understand why people thought Connor is 18 in that pic. I'm pretty sure he's 18 in the Boston demo, already out and killing folks, not in his young Native outfit in the woods still.
:)

XD

Either it's a conspiracy or a lot of coincidences!

I'm going with conspiracy :P

Slayer_WTF
08-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Ubispiracy. :P

RatonhnhakeFan
08-06-2012, 02:19 PM
I forgot he said we see the French and Indian War... :/ That throws a bit of a wrench in things. I suppose we could see the VERY end of the war in 1763, but that seems like it would be really minor. Maybe Connor was born in like 1742, and the game starts in 1755, when the village is burned when Connor is 12-13? And the 1755 birthdate truly was an error? I dunno. Then we could see a more significant portion of the French & Indian War. He doesn't look like he's 35 in the Frontier demo, but it's hard to say. The bigger problem is that Lee doesn't look 22 in this screen. He looks 40 at least. Unless they changed Lee's birth date by a couple of decades which I really doubt, then his age is a clear indication when does this screen happens.

anik_lc
08-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Are you for real, bro? Read up.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/72

Oh that! Sorry, forgot. :(

projectpat06
08-07-2012, 06:52 AM
His father is Mel Gibson. Fact. Why else would Connor be so bad ***

Kit572
08-07-2012, 06:55 AM
His father is Mel Gibson. Fact. Why else would Connor be so bad ***

Should be the other way around because Connor would technically be older than Mel Gibson xD

projectpat06
08-07-2012, 06:59 AM
ha I meant Mel Gibson's role from the Patriot. But no worries

Forsakenghost
08-07-2012, 07:13 AM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/mother-of-god-gif.gif

XD What is that from?