PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3, Native American Battles

Legendz54
08-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Whats got me thinking today is that Ubisoft has not really shown any native americans in their gameplay and trailers. So far Its only been about Bluecoats vs redcoats, knowing AC the natives will definitely be in the game. Wouldn't it be cool to have a mission and witness a battle like this. Going away from all the military style warfare and going deep into a totally different mind game.

Start at 1:58

http://youtu.be/ZJv86RpLsVQ

^ Last of the mohicans, great movie!

Locopells
08-03-2012, 11:02 AM
There will be, I'm sure. I think that's kinda the point of showing the grey area of the war - neither side was exactly squeaky clean, and both sides used and pissed on the natives (particularly the colonists since they were supposed to be fighting for freedom, but hey). They'll wanna reflect that in the game, and Connor finding a place for he people is supposed to be on of the themes of the game.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 11:06 AM
I dont think fighting Natives will be TOO different from fighting Colonists/Loyalist, except they may not have guns but rather have other tools.

Mr_Shade
08-03-2012, 11:08 AM
I dont think fighting Natives will be TOO different from fighting Colonists/Loyalist, except they may not have guns but rather have other tools.
so your expecting Connor to fight his own people too ?

Interesting...

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Tribes did fight each other, no?
Native vs Native battles would be interesting, and if you die, they use one of your killing animations on you. Lol.

LoyalACFan
08-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Holy crap, he's dual-wielding a knife and tomahawk. Connor is Daniel Day Lewis in disguise! :p

But seriously though, I imagine the natives will show up in battle at one point or another. Historically, though, the Mohawk sided with the Brits, so they would more likely be fighting the colonists. Which they haven't shown for obvious spoiler reasons.

Slayer_WTF
08-03-2012, 11:15 AM
The mix of epic scenes and music made ​​me wet eyes. What epic movie. hope with all my heart that there are similar scenes in AC3, with equally epic music.

Slayer_WTF
08-03-2012, 11:17 AM

Interesting...
Shade, you remember that there were several tribes of indigenous people with different objectives, which are slaughtering one another. :D

Mr_Shade
Tribes did fight each other, no?
Native vs Native battles would be interesting, and if you die, they use one of your killing animations on you. Lol.
Yeah they did..

I was assuming that there is a greater threat.. so it may have took a sideline ;)

would be interesting..

Legendz54
The mix of epic scenes and music made ​​me wet eyes. What epic movie. hope with all my heart that there are similar scenes in AC3, with equally epic music.

I know!! imagine having an epic battle sequence like this.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah they did..

I was assuming that there is a greater threat.. so it may have took a sideline ;)

would be interesting..

I am not sure, but I think even through the war, tribes that sided with Colonials fought with those that sided with the Loyalists.
They would be awesome random encounters, IMO.

De Filosoof
08-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Aaaaaaahhh now i get it!!! The natives were all evil terrorists! Good thing they wiped them all out, that should teach them, killing all those innocent people just taking a walk :).

/Sarcasm.

Legendz54
08-03-2012, 11:39 AM
It will be a fair bit different from fighting Colonials, If Ubisoft picks up that Natives use the environment around them and have a totally different battle mind. I think it will be ok

Rakudaton
08-03-2012, 12:02 PM
I was sure the devs said something about Native American trackers replacing the agile archetype, and being able to follow Connor through the trees... isn't this confirmed already?

playassassins1
08-03-2012, 12:06 PM
I was sure the devs said something about Native American trackers replacing the agile archetype, and being able to follow Connor through the trees... isn't this confirmed already?

That would be stupid... Connor should be the only one able to Tree-run...

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Why?
I mean, we have enough advantages over..everybody.

TheHumanTowel
08-03-2012, 12:25 PM
That would be stupid... Connor should be the only one able to Tree-run...
But then the trees would just become a complete safe-zone. Chases would be over in a second in the frontier. There should be archetypes who can tree-run to bring an element of danger to the frontier and the Natives make the most sense. Also It would be so epic to have parkour chases through the trees.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Plus, it would make more sense than the hive mind guards in the previous games who could climb faster than Ezio/Altair.

tarrero
08-03-2012, 01:35 PM
It is likely there are going to be native templars as well.....

BBALive
08-03-2012, 02:29 PM

Interesting...

There was one screenshot that showed Connor fighting another Native American.

Slayer_WTF
08-03-2012, 02:35 PM
There was one screenshot that showed Connor fighting another Native American.

Really? I want to see it.

playassassins1
08-03-2012, 02:45 PM
But then the trees would just become a complete safe-zone. Chases would be over in a second in the frontier. There should be archetypes who can tree-run to bring an element of danger to the frontier and the Natives make the most sense. Also It would be so epic to have parkour chases through the trees.

True, would be nice to see chases through trees. But still, in my head it doesn't seem to work :S

BBALive
08-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Really? I want to see it.

You'll have to try finding it, because I can't find it for the life of me.

I saw it once, never found it again. I thought I might have found it again, but the image link was broken.

Slayer_WTF
08-03-2012, 02:51 PM
You'll have to try finding it, because I can't find it for the life of me.

I saw it once, never found it again. I thought I might have found it again, but the image link was broken.

Ok, no problem. If you find her post it as well. :D

nightcobra
08-03-2012, 03:02 PM
It is likely there are going to be native templars as well.....

it's possible since quite a few natives sided with the british in order to stop the colonists expansion into their territory (the enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of deal) and that a loyalist templar might have brought some of the natives to their way of thinking and recruiting them into the order, at least i would because what better way to influence an entire group than through one of their own?

tarrero
08-03-2012, 03:14 PM
it's possible since quite a few natives sided with the british in order to stop the colonists expansion into their territory (the enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of deal) and that a loyalist templar might have brought some of the natives to their way of thinking and recruiting them into the order, at least i would because what better way to influence an entire group than through one of their own?

Not because of that, since it is proved that Connor klills "americans" too... I wrote it because it is likely possible there is a chief tired of these endless battles. The templars welcome anyone on their ranks, as long they have some sort of power o infuence.......There was a highy speculated homosexual templar on Ac1, the leader of the byzantines templars was turkish etc etc etc.

DavisP92
08-03-2012, 03:18 PM

Interesting...

I'm pretty sure it's already been stated that native Americans will be one of the enemy types we will face

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
08-03-2012, 03:19 PM

Interesting...

Ubisoft already confirmed that some natives will be enemies.

freddie_1897
08-03-2012, 03:20 PM
i believe they confirmed them as a sort of agile class

tarrero
08-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Check this!!! SPOILERS, well kinda....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohawk_nation

One man, Joseph Louis Cook (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Louis_Cook), supported the Americans and received a commission from the Continental Congress (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_Congress). During this war, Johannes Tekarihoga was the leader of the Mohawks. Johannes Tekarihoga died about 1780. Catherine Crogan, wife of Mohawk war chief Joseph Brant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Brant), named her brother Henry Crogan as the new Tekarihoga.

Slayer_WTF
08-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Ubisoft already confirmed that some natives will be enemies.

Never heard a thing. Where did you read?

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Never heard a thing. Where did you read?
Game Informer article

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 12:57 AM
I wonder if post-war they will keep attacking, or just in the war.

TheFrontLine
08-04-2012, 01:00 AM
I would think they'll still keep attacking because there were still conflicts between the Americans and Natives.

WolfTemplar94
08-04-2012, 04:31 AM
I hope they'll have different animations than the Redcoats/Bluecoats. They need to be quite agile and fast. If done right, they'll probably be really fun to fight. The hting is, I can imagine Native Americans "waiting their turn" in a fight. They'll have to be a lot more aggressive than the rest of the soldiers.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 04:52 AM
They must mirror Connor, IMO.
Everything you know, they know, they must be the most aggressive type, and the fastest.

LoyalACFan
08-04-2012, 09:20 AM
They must mirror Connor, IMO.
Everything you know, they know, they must be the most aggressive type, and the fastest.

I don't really care about their fighting capabilities, but this must hold true for the tree-climbing. Otherwise you could just sit in a branch and look at the soldiers below you with a big ol' trollface.

MT4K
08-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Connor being as special as he is just from being an ancestor of Desmond and the whole TWCB bloodline will likely mean they work like in past games. They can follow you in the trees but you will be faster than them free running.