PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer - AnvilNext Engine for Assassin's Creed III

Pages : [1] 2

EscoBlades
08-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Hi all. There's a new trailer for Assassin's Creed III. This one aims to show off the improvements you'll experience in game via the all new AnvilNext engine. Trailer is viewable after the jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsLO8GgA-P4

There's a fair bit to take in there. What do you all think of the graphics shown? The animations? The environments and settings? Connor? (you'll see why in the video) Let's have some CIVIL discussion about the trailer. I'll post thoughts later on. Enjoy :D

pacmanate
08-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Well firstly the shadows in the frontier look "fuzzy" but I will leave that down to compression.
The animations for the animals look really nice!
The graphics overall look really polished
The rock climbing interface, it almost seems like I have seen it before. I was playing the Cell Shaded Prince of Persia and it reminds me of how the prince climbs up walls
2:38 - He killed a bluecoat *insert trollface*
2:48 - HOLY CRAP!!!! The whole scene here looks incredible!

There is one thing I do not like about Connor. And that is how he arches his back when he does a LoF

I don't understand by what do you think about Connor after the trailer though...?

EscoBlades
08-02-2012, 05:11 PM
I know the whole killing bluecoats thing was a sore point for some. Hence my question. Do people now see Connor as neutral?

SteelCity999
08-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Nice to see some gameplay instead of the propaganda they were touting earlier.

Overall, it really looks like they have worked on the immersion level and experience. Nice to see a bunch of weather systems, the crowds and alot of the finer details that will make the world feel more alive than ever before. Definitely makes me more excited seeing this.

SaintPerkele
08-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Beautiful animations, landscapes, everything. I loved this trailer. Also, "uncertain allegiances" while killing the bluecoats, nice move, Ubisoft.

De Filosoof
08-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Beautiful animations, landscapes, everything. I loved this trailer. Also, "uncertain allegiances" while killing the bluecoats, nice move, Ubisoft.

Nice trailer!! :D but i really don't like the soundtrack.

playassassins1
08-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Awesome!

1. Dynamic weather makes the world feel more alive
2. Double counters are handled very well.
3. Colonists being murdered By Connor, Finally Ubi.
4. Cities look great.

Some things look a bit off, but I'd imagine they fixed it by now.
Can't wait for this game!

rileypoole1234
08-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Now that was an awesome trailer. I'm way more excited now than I ever was before. I spy some "American" murder at the end. That scene with New York in it took me by surprise as well, New York is looking awesome.

egriffin09
08-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Nice trailer. Eventhough each map has a winter and summer version, the dynaminc weather of rain and fog will make it seems like there is more maps that just the summer and winter versions. I'm glad they finally assassinated a patriot (blue coat) to show that Connor is neutral to those that thought he would just be killing redcoats. Anyone know if Ubi will be showing a 10 min SP demo at Gamescon like Revelations, or will it be mostly MP stuff since we saw alot of SP at E3? I kind of wish they didn't show New York in the trailer though.

rupok2
08-02-2012, 05:56 PM
**** without jesper kyd the soundtrack is not nearly as awesome as other games but whatever. Its decent i guess.

RzaRecta357
08-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Man! This looks nuts!! I try to stay away from here and not get that excited the way I did for Brotherhood. It made the time go by quicker. But this just looks INSANE. Amazing open world. I can't wait to see every inch and learn everything about the game the way I'm sure we all do when it comes to Assassin's Creed.

notafanboy
08-02-2012, 06:12 PM
NGHHHHHHH HUGNHHHHH !!!!!
that is all...

Layytez
08-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Oh thank god he's finally killed some bluecoats.

FirestarLuva
08-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Throwing money at the screen but nothing's happening! As stated by Ubisoft earlier, biggest and BEST AC game EVER! <3

Locopells
08-02-2012, 06:18 PM
allRIGHT!!!!

Completly missed this, Hitman Sniper Challenge just got released for PC...

Put a Connor narration over that, and you've got the gameplay trailer we should've had in the first place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU

AnthonyA85
08-02-2012, 06:36 PM
A very nice trailer overall.

I liked the brief glimpse we got of New York

The new environments look wonderful, and in the few shots we had of Connor knee-deep in the snow, he was actually WADING through it, not running, so that will definitely slow down travel while on the ground.

We FINALLY got to see Connor killing some colonials (so that should shut up anyone still whinning)

loved the fluidity of the battlefield shots, very nicely done. I'm not too sure about Connor arching his back when he does a LOF, but i suppose i can live with it.

maxerx180
08-02-2012, 06:39 PM
OMG,Connor killing blue coats. I am so no buying this game now. Unbelivable.:mad:

Anyway awesome trailer, man why can't it be Oct. 30th yet.

piperdiaper13
08-02-2012, 06:40 PM
It will be interesting to see if any map or at any time In the game the patriots act as the "do not touch me or I will kill you" soldiers. Or maybe both sides will act like that. It seems as if that Connor's relationship with the both sides are that he is not liked by the British in the normal parts (without any storyline) and he is neutral with the Americans (without any storyline). Yes Connor may be neutral but clearly he is not liked by the British, or they just keep doing really bad actions that Connor doesn't like.

EscoBlades
08-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Other than the CGI trailer form E3 (which technically doesn't count as it was CGI), this is now my favourite trailer for AC3 so far.

I see some people unhappy with the soundtrack though...i dunno, personally i quite like what i have heard :)

Jexx21
08-02-2012, 06:44 PM
I loved this trailer.

PS: I hate that I have to use an image verification system to post..

Locopells
08-02-2012, 06:54 PM
You and the rest of the world, bud.

piperdiaper13
08-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Nah I liked the gameplay trailers better

Amaral724
08-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Soo i supose that's the main theme song for AC3 or not? :)

De Filosoof
08-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Other than the CGI trailer form E3 (which technically doesn't count as it was CGI), this is now my favourite trailer for AC3 so far.

I see some people unhappy with the soundtrack though...i dunno, personally i quite like what i have heard :)

But still...."quite liking" is not the same as "falling in love with" like the Jesper Kyd soundtracks.

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 06:59 PM
They've stated that the LOF animation is the same. So I think you guys might be imagining things. I personally love the soundtrack so far, and I'm getting annoyed with people who are dicounting it out of hand, probably because they're comparing it to Jesper's stuff. Don't do that, and you'll be fine.

Glad they showed colonists being killed.

MT4K
08-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Soo i supose that's the main theme song for AC3 or not? :)

Yes that is the new Theme for AC3.

It was used in the "road to E3" video and Balfe confirmed it on his Twitter as the new AC3 theme.

Assassin_M
08-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Well, this trailer closed A LOT of open cases. I wasn't complaining, but i`m glad they showed Colonists being killed by Connor, Now HOPEFULLY complainers will shut up. as for the Soundtrack, I agree with Calvarok. If people continue to compare then no one will appreciate it.

Im liking the new soundtrack direction and I'm sure there is more surprises, but still, I can understand people`s concerns, because the new soundtrack seems to be going in the way of the second ACR OST DVD, which people didn't like much

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 07:13 PM
But still...."quite liking" is not the same as "falling in love with" like the Jesper Kyd soundtracks.

Lol, so if he doesn't say falling in love with then you assume he hated it? We haven't listened to every song, and we haven't heard them alongside the game. Jesper kyds stuff has an unfair advantage in your mind.

Jexx21
08-02-2012, 07:21 PM
I think people aren't really comparing it to Jesper Kyd's music, I think that they're comparing it to the Ezio trilogy music.

The music in the Ezio trilogy was made FOR Ezio and the Renaissance environment. Just like the music in Assassin's Creed was made for Altair and the environment of the middle east.

This music is made for Connor, and the environment of the new world.

The music in Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Revelations was pretty flamboyant, and guess what? Ezio is pretty flamboyant.

EDIT: Also, I LOVE the music for Assassin's Creed 3

twenty_glyphs
08-02-2012, 07:24 PM
I liked the trailer, especially the fact that it wasn't edited with tons of really quick cuts and had a narrator. It felt unique and refreshing because of the different style. As a huge fan of Jesper's work, especially on AC2, I'm really liking the music that I've heard so far for AC3.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Has the hell frozen or did Ubisoft marketing really allow bluecoats being killed to be shown in an official AC3 trailer? :O Finally!

New York's blink-and-you'll-miss-it reveal was fun but I reserve my judgement until I see more.

Love the weather effects, so beautiful, the environments looks so versatile, I think it's already my favorite game in terms of locations.

SixKeys
08-02-2012, 07:32 PM
The most exciting thing for me? They said "all four seasons". So it won't be just winter and summer maps but spring and fall as well. :D

I didn't even pay attention to whether Connor was killing redcoats or bluecoats before reading the comments, but I'm glad they added those scenes in the trailer, if only to FINALLY get some fans to shut up about it. They should have released this trailer before the über-patriotic live action trailer and people likely wouldn't have complained so much.

The battle scenes look impressive and I can't wait to see the weather system in action. Still didn't spot any kids though. My biggest concern remains that the Frontier looks so empty. It makes for nice scenic vistas, but will there be enough things to do?

Not sure how I feel about the music yet. It feels a bit repetitive like Balfe's main theme for ACR, but it could be on a loop in this trailer. I'll refrain from further judgment until I hear more from the soundtrack.

De Filosoof
08-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Lol, so if he doesn't say falling in love with then you assume he hated it? We haven't listened to every song, and we haven't heard them alongside the game. Jesper kyds stuff has an unfair advantage in your mind.

No, i don't say he hated it, i just pointed out the difference. And no, Jesper Kyd doesn't have an unfair advantage in my mind.
I'm not saying it's bad music but it doesn't fit the game (in my opinion).
It's so over the top. It would fit a hollywood war movie very well.
AC is known for it's mysterious story and atmosphere, you can't take that out of the game, just like you can't take the templars and assassin's out of the game, it IS assassin's creed.
This music doesn't fit that kind of atmosphere.
Jesper Kyd knew exactly how to make the music fit perfect with the game with his mixture of electronic music(animus) and traditional music(history).
You just have to hear his music from previous games and you immediately get the feeling of AC and nostalgia.
I have the feeling that with hearing Lorne's music i could as well have a feeling of almost any hollywood movie.
When something is overdone and almost cheesy it becomes "decent" and sometimes even boring and that's not what AC is. I think AC is one of the most creative and original games EVER so it deserves an equally creative and original soundtrack.
do you understand me now?

Let's be honest. You can put this soundtrack in almost every hollywood blockbuster movie and it would fit perfectly. Try this with almost any soundtrack from Jesper and it wouldn't fit.

lukaszep
08-02-2012, 07:35 PM
It's not that I don't like the soundtrack, but it feels too cinematic to me. Almost like Lorne Balfe is composing 'epic' trailer music/cues. He is a talented composer, but it feels out of place for an AC game. If the soundtrack is going in the movie style direction, with no ambient music, I feel distanced from the character I'm playing as, because it's just bizarre to have an orchestra playing huge pieces of music when I'm climbing a tree.
But I'm keeping an open mind, we've only heard the main theme, which I like, so long as it isn't played during game play.

The whole game looks incredible. After reading the EDGE article as well, I've never been so excited for an AC game.

MT4K
08-02-2012, 07:39 PM
People are putting too much emphasis on Balfe. Ubisoft has the final decision on whether to use what he makes or not. They can quite easily tell him to change it and how they would prefer it to sound. Balfe makes the music. Ubisoft decides whether to use it or not.

The fact this is what we are hearing means this is how Ubisoft wants it to sound and is what they are looking for. I'm sure Balfe is very capable of doing the old style of music if he was asked to do so by Ubisoft.

De Filosoof
08-02-2012, 07:45 PM
People are putting too much emphasis on Balfe. Ubisoft has the final decision on whether to use what he makes or not. They can quite easily tell him to change it and how they would prefer it to sound. Balfe makes the music. Ubisoft decides whether to use it or not.

The fact this is what we are hearing means this is how Ubisoft wants it to sound and is what they are looking for. I'm sure Balfe is very capable of doing the old style of music if he was asked to do so by Ubisoft.

What is too much? I think the music in videogames (!! especially assassin's creed !!) is very important, so it should be pointed out.

Assassin_M
08-02-2012, 07:47 PM

Oh No That is wrong, you are completely wrong, you dont know anything. also you are ugly.
Lorne does whatever he pleases and Ubisoft have nothing to say about it.

Seriously, though its because Ubisoft is choosing is what worrying gamers, because some see that Ubisoft is liking the new cinematic direction.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-02-2012, 07:52 PM
The most exciting thing for me? They said "all four seasons". So it won't be just winter and summer maps but spring and fall as well. :D
I don't think there's gonna be fall. We haven't seen a single screen with yellow/brown foliage have we? I think there'll be summer, winter + rain/fog essentially covering all season except for fall.

Assassin_M
08-02-2012, 07:54 PM
I don't think there's gonna be fall. We haven't seen a single screen with yellow/brown foliage have we? I think there'll be summer, winter + rain/fog essentially covering all season except for fall.
And you`v seen the whole game ? You must be so awesome

MT4K
08-02-2012, 07:54 PM
What is too much? I think the music in videogames (!! especially assassin's creed !!) is very important, so it should be pointed out.

Yes it is. I was simply pointing out that people should not purely blame Balfe if they don't like the new music direction since Ubisoft has the final decision.

Oh No That is wrong, you are completely wrong, you dont know anything. also you are ugly.
Lorne does whatever he pleases and Ubisoft have nothing to say about it.

Seriously, though its because Ubisoft is choosing is what worrying gamers, because some see that Ubisoft is liking the new cinematic direction.

I miss the old style myself and would rather not have the "cinematic" feel that the current ac3 music is giving off, but it is still pretty cool i think and i like it. I guess Ubisoft just want the AC franchise to be more cinematic though and so the music obviously being more "hollywood" sounding makes sense if that is their vision for the future of AC.

De Filosoof
08-02-2012, 07:56 PM

Maybe this one?...
But it will probably just be dawn.

http://cdn.gamerant.com/slir/h300/http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Assassins-Creed-3-Forest-Combat-Screenshot.jpg

RatonhnhakeFan
08-02-2012, 07:59 PM
And you`v seen the whole game ? You must be so awesome
IKR? One day you may be as awesome too :cool:

I'm basing my opinion on the fact that in one of the interviews one of the devs said that each map has summer and winter version. Fall is a distinctive season that would require at least some retexturing and remodelling so it could have been bit too much. I'm gonna be happy if it's there, but I'm just not sure based on what they said earlier and shown.

Assassin_M
08-02-2012, 08:02 PM

I'm basing my opinion on the fact that in one of the interviews one of the devs said that each map has summer and winter version. Fall is a distinctive season that would require at least some retexturing and remodelling so it could have been bit too much. I'm gonna be happy if it's there, but I'm just not sure based on what they said earlier and shown.
You cant really go by what was "shown" since we`re still at 3 months away..
There is something in what they said too. Im guessing they`re giving the word "version" to what has the most difference and work..

TheHumanTowel
08-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Really liked what I saw here. The crowds looked brilliant, really lifelike. In the past games it was really easy to spot the groups you were able to blend with all moving together in groups of five or so but here it looks so natural, so many different animations and paths NPCs are taking. The A.I seems to have taken a significant leap.

I hope we see more of New York as we get closer to the release date. We haven't seen any gameplay there and they're really keeping that city under wraps.

And at last Connor has killed some colonials, regular soldiers too. Hope that puts to rest the claims the game is biased.

De Filosoof
08-02-2012, 08:03 PM

Yeah, i also think it was too much.
They should have put it in the seasons trailer if it is really in the game.
It's not story related or spoiler territory, it would only promote the awesomeness of AC3 and anvilnext.
It could be a nice little surprise but i doubt it.

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 08:07 PM
You cant really go by what was "shown" since we`re still at 3 months away...

Then we might as well not believe anything AC3-related was shown in any trailer.

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 08:08 PM
No, i don't say he hated it, i just pointed out the difference. And no, Jesper Kyd doesn't have an unfair advantage in my mind.
AC is known for it's mysterious story and atmosphere, you can't take that out of the game, just like you can't take the templars and assassin's out of the game, it IS assassin's creed.
Jesper Kyd knew exactly how to make the music fit perfect with the game with his mixture of electronic music(animus) and traditional music(history).
You just have to hear his music from previous games and you immediately get the feeling of AC and nostalgia.
I have the feeling that with hearing Lorne's music i could as well have a feeling of almost any hollywood movie.
When something is overdone and almost cheesy it becomes "decent" and sometimes even boring and that's not what AC is. I think AC is one of the most creative and original games EVER so it deserves an equally creative and original soundtrack.

Let's be honest. You can put this soundtrack in almost every hollywood blockbuster movie and it would fit perfectly. Try this with almost any soundtrack from Jesper and it wouldn't fit.

I think that a lot of Jesper's music would fit well with a hollywood blockbuster and I think this would too. Tons of hollywood blockbusters deal with secret societies and mystery. This music seems composed to fit the time period, and they ARE going for a cinematic feel in their presentation, so, yeah. Obviously the more ambient exploration music wouldn't fit well with a movie, but Lorne will have some of that as well.

I see what you're saying about it sounding more like a movie, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, or automatically means "more generic" or that it doesn't fit AC. AC1 had an incredibly movie-like story, right up to the betrayal at the end.

My post to you was more about how you attempt to twist esco's words by implying him saying that he "quite liked" the soundtrack meant he liked it less than Jesper's stuff.

That's just stupid. He liked it. That means he liked it, and nothing more.

Also, you know what else sounds cinematic? Woodkid. And people seemed to love that music choice.

SixKeys
08-02-2012, 08:09 PM

At 1:55 in the video, you can see some colorful leaves falling around Connor as he climbs the tree trunk. I'm not saying this is confirmation of a fall map, but considering they said "all four seasons", it's possible. From what I understand, the devs said before that all maps would have a winter and summer version. That could mean they will AT LEAST Have those two versions. It could be that we won't have anything interesting happening in, say, Boston in the spring, so they won't bother making a spring map for Boston, but we will have a spring map of New York or the Frontier. It might depend on the story.

Amaral724
08-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Yes that is the new Theme for AC3.

It was used in the "road to E3" video and Balfe confirmed it on his Twitter as the new AC3 theme.

Its really good :)

Best song i ever heard

Assassin_M
Then we might as well not believe anything AC3-related was shown in any trailer.
Might as well..

Ezio`s Brotherhood outfit changed several times during the marketing campaign, and hell Acre was not the same after release in the Original AC.

Yeah..

But you`re taking my comments the opposite way. I meant that he cannot judge saying "there wont be" with the excuse of "what was shown" because there is still much to be shown..

Calvarok
Yeah, i also think it was too much.
They should have put it in the seasons trailer if it is really in the game.
It's not story related or spoiler territory, it would only promote the awesomeness of AC3 and anvilnext.
It could be a nice little surprise but i doubt it.

If it is really in the game?

The Anvil next trailer and countless others have shown places in snow and places in summer and transitions between weather and all sorts.
EDIT: AH OK YEAH. We're not sure about the spring and fall.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-02-2012, 08:16 PM
I meant that he cannot judge saying "there wont be" with the excuse of "what was shown" because there is still much to be shown..I said "I don't think", not "there won't be" stated as a fact.

At 1:55 in the video, you can see some colorful leaves falling around Connor as he climbs the tree trunk. I'm not saying this is confirmation of a fall map, but considering they said "all four seasons", it's possible. From what I understand, the devs said before that all maps would have a winter and summer version. That could mean they will AT LEAST Have those two versions. It could be that we won't have anything interesting happening in, say, Boston in the spring, so they won't bother making a spring map for Boston, but we will have a spring map of New York or the Frontier. It might depend on the story.There is something taht looks like a yellow leaf there, but the rest of foliage looks still green. But I agree they could have fall reserved only for some areas maybe. Perhaps only New York or only Frontier will have fall? We'll see. Excited, would love every single season but I'm skeptical ATM

De Filosoof
08-02-2012, 08:19 PM
My post to you was more about how you attempt to twist esco's words by implying him saying that he "quite liked" the soundtrack meant he liked it less than Jesper's stuff.

That's just stupid. He liked it. That means he liked it, and nothing more.
Ok my bad, it wasn't my intention to make people upset.

Also, you know what else sounds cinematic? Woodkid. And people seemed to love that music choice.

I love woodkid! He's also very original and the track iron had the fitting atmosphere for the ACR cinematic trailer. Would it fit the actual game? I don't think so, so i'm happy it wasn't in the game.
I think the main ACR soundtrack from Lorne was really good, but it was still a collab with Jesper.
I also liked his music in the ACB cinematic but this music doesn't get to me. Maybe it's just taste but i almost never heard people complain about the AC soundtracks until now.

Jexx21
08-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Ok my bad, it wasn't my intention to make people upset.I love woodkid! He's also very original and the track iron had the fitting atmosphere for the ACR cinematic trailer. Would it fit the actual game? I don't think so, so i'm happy it wasn't in the game.I think the main ACR soundtrack from Lorne was really good, but it was still a collab with Jesper.I also liked his music in the ACB cinematic but this music doesn't get to me. Maybe it's just taste but i almost never heard people complain about the AC soundtracks until now.Uhh..tbh, most of the music in the Ezio trilogy was really over the top, flamboyant, and cinematic.And I think that the people complaining about the music in AC3 are all just saying this because they know Jesper Kyd is missing.

thekarlone
08-02-2012, 08:29 PM
What about cities? I'm really worried that cities become secondary scenarios, too small and most of the main plot won't take place there. Assassin's Creed is about exploring historical cities. Although I love the Frontier, I worry that the countryside becomes more important than the cities themselves.

Mr_Shade
08-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Guys...

I don't like having to step in to keep sorting out petty squabbles..

Not everything has been seen about the game - there is still a lot of surprises and screenshots / videos to come..

This time last month - people were complaining about the game being anti british - Connor only killing Red coats..

That has changed..

So... Lets wait and see what else is released - before starting arguments over which seasons are in the game..

The trailer does hint at them though ;)

De Filosoof
08-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Uhh..tbh, most of the music in the Ezio trilogy was really over the top, flamboyant, and cinematic.And I think that the people complaining about the music in AC3 are all just saying this because they know Jesper Kyd is missing.

It's true that i was/am really disappointed with Jesper's absence but i'm really an open-minded person so i wanted to give Lorne an equally fair chance.

btw, can you give me an example of some over the top music from AC1, AC2 or ACB?

MT4K
08-02-2012, 08:37 PM
What about cities? I'm really worried that cities become secondary scenarios, too small and most of the main plot won't take place there. Assassin's Creed is about exploring historical cities. Although I love the Frontier, I worry that the countryside becomes more important than the cities themselves.

AC is not really about exploring historical Cities. It is about exploring history in general. Either way though you will have Boston and New York which are both about 70% the size of Rome in Brotherhood. So i think it is safe to say they haven't neglected the Cities in AC3 :).

Jexx21
08-02-2012, 08:43 PM
It's true that i was/am really disappointed with Jesper's absence but i'm really an open-minded person so i wanted to give Lorne an equally fair chance.

btw, can you give me an example of some over the top music from AC1, AC2 or ACB?
None with AC1, but all of the tracks that people praise from AC2 are all flamboyant and over the top. For example, all of the main themes (that all contain the ezio theme in some form)

In fact, I feel like the music for AC3 is more down to earth from the Ezio trilogy.

SixKeys
08-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Guys...

I don't like having to step in to keep sorting out petty squabbles..

Not everything has been seen about the game - there is still a lot of surprises and screenshots / videos to come..

This time last month - people were complaining about the game being anti british - Connor only killing Red coats..

That has changed..

So... Lets wait and see what else is released - before starting arguments over which seasons are in the game..

The trailer does hint at them though ;)

I don't think anyone was trying to start arguments. People have been pretty civil so far. We're just looking for hints and discussing whether they prove anything conclusively or not.

De Filosoof
08-02-2012, 08:52 PM
None with AC1, but all of the tracks that people praise from AC2 are all flamboyant and over the top. For example, all of the main themes (that all contain the ezio theme in some form)

In fact, I feel like the music for AC3 is more down to earth from the Ezio trilogy.

I don't think it was over the top, it was very dynamic, moving, emotional, fitting, atmospheric, powerful and subtle at the same time.
I think every AC fan can remember the soundtrack Ezio's family, it's a masterpiece.
It isn't over the top, it fits the game and atmosphere perfectly.
The word says it all, OVER the top. That means it's too much.
It's being loud and dramatic just for the sake of being loud and dramatic.

I'd like more native chanting and traditional instruments from that time period with some electronic details in it.
That would make the perfect AC3 soundtrack for me.

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 08:53 PM
The music from AC has always been dramatic, is what Jexx meant, I think. for example Ezio's Family could fit in with a movie, easily. I'm not seeing Lorne just pump out a movie soundtrack. I can definitely hear the effort to use period instruments and styles, which was a hallmark of Jesper's work as well.

EDIT: I've not seen any gameplay of AC3 where epic music kicks in when it's not necessary. It all seems appropriate, and loud and dramatic only because of loud and dramatic things happening.

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 08:58 PM
I'd like more native chanting and traditional instruments from that time period with some electronic details in it.
That would make the perfect AC3 soundtrack for me.

The "native chanting and traditional instruments" were in the game, but the Native American consultant said it would be inappropriate for it to be used in a game, so they took it out.
Source: I think I heard Hutchinson say this in the Comic-Con interview.

Requiscent
On the subject on the soundtrack, I seem to remember people praising the song in the Road to E3 video (which is probably the same one used here). I'm not sure why the opinion changed all of a sudden.

Jexx21
...according to your definition then AC3's music isn't over the top then..

I was never under the impression that being over the top was a bad thing for music..

meh, guess I'll just need to change my definition for it then..

De Filosoof
The music from AC has always been dramatic, is what Jexx meant, I think. for example Ezio's Family could fit in with a movie, easily. I'm not seeing Lorne just pump out a movie soundtrack. I can definitely hear the effort to use period instruments and styles, which was a hallmark of Jesper's work as well.

EDIT: I've not seen any gameplay of AC3 where epic music kicks in when it's not necessary. It all seems appropriate, and loud and dramatic only because of loud and dramatic things happening.

You're right :).
Maybe this soundtrack will be very fitting with some specific moments in the game.
We'll just have to wait and see.

JumpInTheFire13
08-02-2012, 09:01 PM
The part at 0:22 where it shows New York reminded me of Venice for some reason

NeroInfernoF7
08-02-2012, 09:01 PM
I love the new AC3 theme song.

De Filosoof
08-02-2012, 09:02 PM
...according to your definition then AC3's music isn't over the top then..

I was never under the impression that being over the top was a bad thing for music..

meh, guess I'll just need to change my definition for it then..

Over the top music isn't a bad thing, it's all about context.
I'm a musician myself and i also like to make over the top music but i just think AC is something special and it deserves a special soundtrack too, not something generic, that's all.

LoyalACFan
08-02-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm actually really liking the soundtrack so far. It's a little more subdued than Ezio's themes, which suits Connor's less flamboyant character. Of course, I'll always miss Jesper Kyd, but Lorne Balfe seems to be doing a fantastic job.

Anyway, I'm just glad they showed some Americans getting tomahawk'd. I never cared, personally, but maybe this will keep people from whining about neutrality.

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 09:07 PM
The "native chanting and traditional instruments" were in the game, but the Native American consultant said it would be inappropriate for it to be used in a game, so they took it out.
Source: I think I heard Hutchinson say this in the Comic-Con interview.

this is one of the things we always forget about game design: if you ever think that someone didn't think of something when they were doing it, you're probably wrong.

It's their job to focus of every detail of this single game, from an insider perspective. I'd bet that at least someone in the dev team considers every possible thing that they could do or not do.

piperdiaper13
08-02-2012, 09:08 PM
It only makes sense to have spring and fall. It's a way for them to transition from each season. Plus the foliage in that engine OMG!!!! I wonder how they will transition from each season because it won't look natural to just change in a flash.

piperdiaper13
08-02-2012, 09:12 PM
this is one of the things we always forget about game design: if you ever think that someone didn't think of something when they were doing it, you're probably wrong.

It's their job to focus of every detail of this single game, from an insider perspective. I'd bet that at least someone in the dev team considers every possible thing that they could do or not do.

Ya like they took out a part with native American masks because it may be controversial.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Did...I just see...a guy, in blue...getting killed?
YES!
And about the soundtrack: According to Lorne, mix of calm and non-calm *If that makes sense*

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 09:16 PM
It only makes sense to have spring and fall. It's a way for them to transition from each season. Plus the foliage in that engine OMG!!!! I wonder how they will transition from each season because it won't look natural to just change in a flash.

It'll probably be like the memory transitions in previous games, where the Animus lines come with the jittery screen. When they switch to a later memory, it'll probably "coincidentally" be a new season.
I think I remember Hutchinson also saying you'll be able to change seasons yourself in the end-game.

De Filosoof
08-02-2012, 09:18 PM
It'll probably be like the memory transitions in previous games, where the Animus lines come with the jittery screen. When they switch to a later memory, it'll probably "coincidentally" be a new season.
I think I remember Hutchinson also saying you'll be able to change seasons yourself in the end-game.

I watched the trailer again and noticed that the part at 0:37 really looks like fall.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 09:23 PM
My problem with this ''1000 new animations'' is they re used old animations for the Tomahawk -____-

piperdiaper13
08-02-2012, 09:28 PM
I wonder how long you get per season. They should have little homes and villages in the woods that you can visit.

GunnarGunderson
08-02-2012, 09:42 PM
My problem with this ''1000 new animations'' is they re used old animations for the Tomahawk -____-

I'd rather they do that than come up with ridiculously unpractical and complicated killmoves like in Revelations

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Also, everything changes in time. Old battle ground? a year later, empty encampments.
Actually, Rev style kill animations would fit Connor. He is MUCH more aggressive.

SixKeys
08-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Also, everything changes in time. Old battle ground? a year later, empty encampments.
Actually, Rev style kill animations would fit Connor. He is MUCH more aggressive.

He's also more to the point, which the ACR kill moves were not. Connor will bury his tomahawk into a guy deep enough in one go to make sure he stays dead. I can't see him standing still for a full minute slowly driving a sword through some guy.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Yes, fast and aggressive.
But I saw those animations for 2 games already...I mean come on.

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Yes, fast and aggressive.
But I saw those animations for 2 games already...I mean come on.

What? We've only seen one kill animation that looks to be carried over from Ac's previous, at least in singleplayer.

And we haven't seen ANY sword animations.

kriegerdesgottes
08-02-2012, 09:55 PM
I really wish Jesper Kyd was in this one but whatever. I guess there is no use in complaining. The graphics look polished for sure. One thing that always grabs my attention though is the expressionless look he has in his face when he's flying through the air to kill that soldier. The lightning was really cool though and I'm excited about the weather system in general.

Ashen-AngelFox
08-02-2012, 09:59 PM
This is my first post, but I've been hanging around for a while and just suddenly felt the urge to say something.

My problem with comparing the Tomahawk kill animations to Ezio's short blade kills (at least that's the comparison I see most often) is the weapon itself. Yes, Ezio and Connor both have a similar double-strike kill move (two successive hits to the chest). The thing is the animations for Ezio are based around a weapon held with the blade perpendicular to the arm, where as Connor uses the tomahawk where the cutting edge is more removed from his hand and arm by the shaft of the weapon. Connor, therefore, needs to rotate the weapon forward at his wrist to make the same strikes. Ergo, new animation. And because of the shaft of the tomahawk, Connor's hand is also not at the strike sight, but instead down near the target's waist. Where Ezio's hand was directly over the entry wound during each strike.

The animations are incredibly similar, but they are not the exact same ones. The differences lie in the weapon involved.

And for reference, I was looking at the Boston Comic-Con demo at 2:55 (North American release, cause I've notice timestamp discrepancies between region versions of the videos.)

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 10:00 PM
I honestly do not see much improvement on graphics. Many surfaces are still just that... surfaces. There is very little tessellation and looks like a fuzzy flat texture. I see a bit of an improvement on the facial features, but it still looks very similar to that of Revelations'.

Aphex_Tim
08-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Nice trailer!! :D but i really don't like the soundtrack.

Same here, i was afraid this would happen...

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:04 PM
This is my first post, but I've been hanging around for a while and just suddenly felt the urge to say something.

My problem with comparing the Tomahawk kill animations to Ezio's short blade kills (at least that's the comparison I see most often) is the weapon itself. Yes, Ezio and Connor both have a similar double-strike kill move (two successive hits to the chest). The thing is the animations for Ezio are based around a weapon held with the blade perpendicular to the arm, where as Connor uses the tomahawk where the cutting edge is more removed from his hand and arm by the shaft of the weapon. Connor, therefore, needs to rotate the weapon forward at his wrist to make the same strikes. Ergo, new animation. And because of the shaft of the tomahawk, Connor's hand is also not at the strike sight, but instead down near the target's waist. Where Ezio's hand was directly over the entry wound during each strike.

The animations are incredibly similar, but they are not the exact same ones. The differences lie in the weapon involved.

And for reference, I was looking at the Boston Comic-Con demo at 2:55 (North American release, cause I've notice timestamp discrepancies between region versions of the videos.)

First of all, welcome to the forums :D
But they are so incredibly simmilar that honestly, when somebody plays it, would he notice those details? not really. Just keep signature animations and bring us new stuff. :nonchalance:

Saar Ben Kiki
08-02-2012, 10:11 PM
OH WOW!!! my hopes are so high for this game now!!! just amazing
id like to make two comments:

1 - NEW YORK !!!!!

2 - now we got the first high quality main theme listen-through ever! i like it and lorne's work is awesome, this more cinematic-hollywood-feel is what makes it more awesome and i think ppl should appreciate this turn ubi made beginning with ACR, it just makes the game more emotional and more movie-like which is great

overall this trailer was amazing, could be better with a connor-himself narrative, really getting excited for this "troubled land" "un-united states of" "conflicted" "most detailed 3rd person character ever" and their remarks of the best villain, oh gosh i cant wait any longer.... just one request.. make it at least 20hrs ubi!!! and an a turning point in modern day in which desmond finally goes into "epic mode" with great tunes in the background! hehe

now gonna re-analyze the trailer..

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:13 PM
ACIII is 5 hours longer than ACII, so yeah.

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 10:18 PM

Where'd you hear that?

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Quick Google search, you will find the link. Interview, I believe.

FirestarLuva
08-02-2012, 10:28 PM

AC3 is twice the length of AC2. Here is a quote regarding it's length, it doesn't clearly say twice the length, but definetly not 5 hours longer than AC2. It will be longer.

"The new game is supposed to be the franchise's largest. Says Hutchinson: "We are making the biggest AC game yet, in terms of physical size and gameplay time and in terms of new mechanics and things to do."
The creators say the game has "twice the production capacity of the Ezio trilogy," whatever that exactly means. It probably means that they've put a horde of people on this game."

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Twice the production capacity means alot more people on the project.
He said 20% longer than ACII, or somebody did, meaning 5 hours, I believe.

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 10:33 PM
AC3 is twice the length of AC2. Here is a quote regarding it's length, it doesn't clearly say twice the length, but definetly not 5 hours longer than AC2. It will be longer.

"The new game is supposed to be the franchise's largest. Says Hutchinson: "We are making the biggest AC game yet, in terms of physical size and gameplay time and in terms of new mechanics and things to do."
The creators say the game has "twice the production capacity of the Ezio trilogy," whatever that exactly means. It probably means that they've put a horde of people on this game."

I don't see where it implies ACIII will be twice the length of ACII.
I'm 'iffy' on what they mean when they say 'gameplay time'. That probably includes a bunch of side missions, wandering, climbing/failing to climb viewpoints, etc. and not the main storyline. It would really disappoint me if it isn't as long as ACII's storyline after they hyped it as being 'the biggest AC game yet, in terms of yadda yadda yadda.".

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Twice as long means 28 sequences. That would make the story drag.
All writing is complete, by the way.

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 10:40 PM
I saw like a billion new animations for the tomahawk. Remember that one where he does a combat roll and impales their side? Yeah, don't recall that from previous games. Or the one where he does a leaping strike from a ground position?

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:43 PM
I am not saying it's a re-skin, but there are re-used animations.
Meh, wont bother me. Might even be place holders.

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Twice as long means 28 sequences. That would make the story drag.
All writing is complete, by the way.

If a game is written correctly, it can be a hundred hours long and not drag.

But yes, twice the production capacity does not mean twice the length. A lot of that goes into increasing the quality of what IS there.

FirestarLuva
08-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Twice the production capacity means alot more people on the project.
He said 20% longer than ACII, or somebody did, meaning 5 hours, I believe.

Do you have a link for that? Just curious. :)

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:45 PM

But yes, twice the production capacity does not mean twice the length. A lot of that goes into increasing the quality of what IS there.

Maybe if who ever is writing it is a writing god. And also dont forget, they are bound by history....
Meaning at one point they run out of stuff.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:46 PM

Maybe if who ever is writing it is a writing good. And also dont forget, they are bound by history....
Meaning at one point they run out of stuff.
And oh: http://xbigygames.com/assassins-creed-3-gets-new-images-and-info/

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 10:50 PM
I am not saying it's a re-skin, but there are re-used animations.
Meh, wont bother me. Might even be place holders.

They stated that some iconic animations would be reused, like the Leap of Faith and air assassination.

As for others, I haven't seen any except for the double-stab to the chest with the tomahawk, which comes from the dagger in brotherhood.

And seriously, just look at the double counter animations! That's a huge amount of extensive animation you got there, even if they re-use some normal execution stuff, we have that and tons more!

FirestarLuva
08-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Maybe if who ever is writing it is a writing good. And also dont forget, they are bound by history....
And oh: http://xbigygames.com/assassins-creed-3-gets-new-images-and-info/

Thanks, still I hope the game will be much longer than AC2, at least, more than just 5 hours. :3

Turul.
08-02-2012, 10:51 PM
hopefully this stops all the crying, still dont think he's as neutral as they say he is though.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:52 PM
hopefully this stops all the crying, still dont think he's as neutral as they say he is though.

Ironic that you said you hope it stops all the crying, then you go and say you still doubt them.
Lol.

Turul.
08-02-2012, 10:59 PM
i wasnt crying about anything, theres a difference between what i said and all the garbage that was posted about how Ubisoft hates the UK

werent you expelled from these forums?

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 11:01 PM
i wasnt crying about anything, theres a difference between what i said and all the garbage that was posted about how Ubisoft hates the UK

werent you expelled from these forums?

....No. Why would I be expelled?
Lets just not drift off topic about me :nonchalance:

Ashen-AngelFox
08-02-2012, 11:13 PM
They stated that some iconic animations would be reused, like the Leap of Faith and air assassination.

As for others, I haven't seen any except for the double-stab to the chest with the tomahawk, which comes from the dagger in brotherhood.

And seriously, just look at the double counter animations! That's a huge amount of extensive animation you got there, even if they re-use some normal execution stuff, we have that and tons more!

The double-stab may not be a reused animation as some seem to believe. The maneuver is the same, but the animation is different because of weapon types. The short blade from the previous games is primarily used as a stabbing/slashing weapon. The tomahawk is more of a hacking weapon, and as I noted previously, the change in the location of the grip with relation to the cutting edge results in a different animation. The only other one I've seen is a similar strike between Connor and Ezio where they pull an enemy by striking to the side of the head, but the animations themselves are different because of the weapons.

And the tomahawk animations, however similar to Ezio's short blade animations, are still different. Since we've never been given a weapon utilized like the tomahawk before, by definition, all of its animations would be new, if albeit similar to past ones. And really, saying new animations may not necessarily mean that the actual move is new. It could simply mean that they had a new mo-cap actor capture a new version of the same maneuver.

And, to be clear, I'm not trying to start an argument about any of this here, I'm simply trying to bring another perspective to this based on what I've seen.

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 11:24 PM
The double-stab may not be a reused animation as some seem to believe. The maneuver is the same, but the animation is different because of weapon types. The short blade from the previous games is primarily used as a stabbing/slashing weapon. The tomahawk is more of a hacking weapon, and as I noted previously, the change in the location of the grip with relation to the cutting edge results in a different animation. The only other one I've seen is a similar strike between Connor and Ezio where they pull an enemy by striking to the side of the head, but the animations themselves are different because of the weapons.

And the tomahawk animations, however similar to Ezio's short blade animations, are still different. Since we've never been given a weapon utilized like the tomahawk before, by definition, all of its animations would be new, if albeit similar to past ones. And really, saying new animations may not necessarily mean that the actual move is new. It could simply mean that they had a new mo-cap actor capture a new version of the same maneuver.

And, to be clear, I'm not trying to start an argument about any of this here, I'm simply trying to bring another perspective to this based on what I've seen.

I agree, even old animations are going to be tweaked to avoid clipping issues.

pacmanate
08-02-2012, 11:24 PM
So what do people think of the new Leap of Faith? I personally do not like it. Connor looks way to arched when he does it.

rileypoole1234
08-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Hasooon AC2 was way longer than 5 hours.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 11:30 PM
I know, I said that ACIII is 5 hours LONGER than ACII.

eagleforlife1
08-02-2012, 11:37 PM
What was the name f the building in the short glimpse of New York?

Vex_Assassin
08-02-2012, 11:42 PM

We actually see the 4 seasons at 1:55. It's pretty fast but you can see the difference.

Serrachio
08-02-2012, 11:58 PM
What was the name f the building in the short glimpse of New York?

It's probably a town/city hall.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-03-2012, 12:10 AM
So what do people think of the new Leap of Faith? I personally do not like it. Connor looks way to arched when he does it.
Looks fine to me, though it was such a short glimpse

Locopells
08-03-2012, 12:37 AM
People are imagining things - I read somewhere on this forum that it's the exact same animation they're using...

Guys...I don't like having to step in to keep sorting out petty squabbles..

That has changed..

The trailer does hint at them though http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/wink.png

Well we gotta have something new to argue about now!

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 12:38 AM
Have we ever seen Ezio's leap from the side? Because they say it's the same animation.

FirestarLuva
08-03-2012, 01:23 AM
I don't see where it implies ACIII will be twice the length of ACII.
I'm 'iffy' on what they mean when they say 'gameplay time'. That probably includes a bunch of side missions, wandering, climbing/failing to climb viewpoints, etc. and not the main storyline. It would really disappoint me if it isn't as long as ACII's storyline after they hyped it as being 'the biggest AC game yet, in terms of yadda yadda yadda.".

The main story and only the main story will be 20% longer than AC2 without side missions, clubs, hunting and everything else.

tarrero
08-03-2012, 01:28 AM
FINALLY!!!! all the complaints about Connor being the patriot 2 met its end!!!!!!!

Regarding the sountrack, well I have heard a piece which I really like, so eerie and mysterious, the one used on the Unite trailer and at the beginning of the Fronter demo! Hope it makes to the final game!

TheFrontLine
08-03-2012, 01:33 AM
The main story and only the main story will be 20% longer than AC2 without side missions, clubs, hunting and everything else.

I am referring to this quote you posted earlier: "We are making the biggest AC game yet, in terms of physical size and gameplay time and in terms of new mechanics and things to do."

It does not imply that it is only the main story when they say it has the biggest 'gameplay time'. It would be really disappointing if that time included doing all those side stuff (Viewpoints, wandering around, etc.) because then this could be a marketing move. They could have taken as much time as they wanted to to play the game, then said it was longer than ACII's and we won't be able to say it's false advertising because it isn't, they actually played longer than they played ACII.

Wow, I've over-thought this so much it sounds pretty stupid to me now.

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 02:18 AM
I am referring to this quote you posted earlier: "We are making the biggest AC game yet, in terms of physical size and gameplay time and in terms of new mechanics and things to do."

It does not imply that it is only the main story when they say it has the biggest 'gameplay time'. It would be really disappointing if that time included doing all those side stuff (Viewpoints, wandering around, etc.) because then this could be a marketing move. They could have taken as much time as they wanted to to play the game, then said it was longer than ACII's and we won't be able to say it's false advertising because it isn't, they actually played longer than they played ACII.

Wow, I've over-thought this so much it sounds pretty stupid to me now.

The metric they've used is that the story will be about 20% longer than AC2 for THE PLAYER. Not that they completed it in that time.

ACfan443
08-03-2012, 03:08 AM
Looking at the YouTube comments, some people are saying that the graphics look terrible, I don't believe this is the case, since the game's been in development for almost 3 years, i think it's the video itself, the reason why it's so choppy and crappy looking is because it's been heavily compressed. This is the thing I don't get, all the recent gameplay demos are really compressed and only go up to 720p, when clearly they're capable of looking much better. So why does ubisoft do this?

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 03:11 AM
Not Ubi, more like YouTube.
YouTube compresses everything, ask anybody who saw the game live, they will tell you it looks MUCHHHH better on the live screen.

Legendz54
08-03-2012, 03:11 AM
Brilliant trailer, everything looks amazing, its an entire new change of Assassins creed, everything is different but they have still stick to the core of What AC is about , nice work Ubisoft

PS: This post verification is unbearable and makes me think twice about posting, i have to try at least 7 times to get it right :(

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 03:38 AM
Not Ubi, more like YouTube.
YouTube compresses everything, ask anybody who saw the game live, they will tell you it looks MUCHHHH better on the live screen.

I don't get why people can't see through the compression. It's very obvious what is it's fault and what is not.

but seriously, whoever is in charge of capturing and uploading videos for UBI doesn't know how to compress. And they don't think it's worth putting in 1080p apparently.

ACfan443
08-03-2012, 03:55 AM
I don't get why people can't see through the compression. It's very obvious what is it's fault and what is not.

but seriously, whoever is in charge of capturing and uploading videos for UBI doesn't know how to compress. And they don't think it's worth putting in 1080p apparently.

Exactly, the trailer is supposed to showcase the power and graphics of AnvilNext, however the video itself directly contradicts this as it's such terrible quality, and this other stupid obsession with ubisoft is uploading multiple trailers across many YouTube channels, I don't see the need. Maybe because they need to upload so many at the same time, they compress them to make them upload faster? Just a guess

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 04:15 AM
Exactly, the trailer is supposed to showcase the power and graphics of AnvilNext, however the video itself directly contradicts this as it's such terrible quality, and this other stupid obsession with ubisoft is uploading multiple trailers across many YouTube channels, I don't see the need. Maybe because they need to upload so many at the same time, they compress them to make them upload faster? Just a guess

Yeah, I don't get why they think it's neccessary.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-03-2012, 04:17 AM
After seeing the trailer just WOOOOOOHAAAAH !!
the graphics really is next gen it's awesome but there is some shots that youtube can't handle ,,,I'm just really happy about the graphics
as for the Soundtrack : If This main theme was made by jesber I'm sure people would react like'' woooooooh jesper is an amazing composer no body beats him ''
I mean come on !! give lorne a chance ,,, actually the new main theme for AC3 is just f***ing awesome !! I really liked it ,,, I'm sure the soundtrack won't disappoint us ,,, Just give lorne his chance !

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 04:18 AM
^^ also obviously another technical wizard. ^^

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 04:21 AM
Clavarok, are you not a tad bit harsh at the people who do not know as much on tech? :p

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 04:22 AM
Lol, just pointing out an obvious fact.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Lol, just pointing out an obvious fact.

What fact ?

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 04:28 AM
Hey, I'm not an expert on video game capturing, youtube uploading, or things of that nature. And the language you use when talking about it confirms that you're not either. No worries, just sayin'.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 04:31 AM
Even if you are not you can clearly see Ubi is doing it wrong.
It's counter productive to promote the graphics...then compress everything.

Lonesoldier2012
08-03-2012, 04:32 AM
Don't care about the soundtrack. Don't give a **** who Connor kills this is a videogame. Good trailer.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-03-2012, 04:41 AM
Hey, I'm not an expert on video game capturing, youtube uploading, or things of that nature. And the language you use when talking about it confirms that you're not either. No worries, just sayin'.

hey,,, Actually for your information I'm a motion graphics designer and A video Editor ,,, And I'm not saying I'm expert ,, but it just happens that I know which format that can show all the details because it's my work :) ,,, for example the( WMV) format it could be 1080p ,, but It hides the small details ,,, What I actually meant by saying that youtube can't handle is just to keep the long story short ,, because each format has a way for showing some details ,,, Even the Mp4 can't show all the details ,,,Ubi is clearly doing it wrong but even youtube compress the video,,, If you really want to see all the details the video should be uploaded on a link to download and should be in An (Avi) format,,, Peace bro :D

JumpInTheFire13
08-03-2012, 04:49 AM
Did 2:24 in this trailer remind anybody else of this screenshot from ACR?
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/06/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-ouch.jpg

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 06:53 AM
hey,,, Actually for your information I'm a motion graphics designer and A video Editor ,,, And I'm not saying I'm expert ,, but it just happens that I know which format that can show all the details because it's my work :) ,,, for example the( WMV) format it could be 1080p ,, but It hides the small details ,,, What I actually meant by saying that youtube can't handle is just to keep the long story short ,, because each format has a way for showing some details ,,, Even the Mp4 can't show all the details ,,,Ubi is clearly doing it wrong but even youtube compress the video,,, If you really want to see all the details the video should be uploaded on a link to download and should be in An (Avi) format,,, Peace bro :D

Huh. I guess lazy internet typing doesn't always equal lazy internet knowledge.

Aphex_Tim
08-03-2012, 07:22 AM
now we got the first high quality main theme listen-through ever! i like it and lorne's work is awesome, this more cinematic-hollywood-feel is what makes it more awesome and i think ppl should appreciate this turn ubi made beginning with ACR, it just makes the game more emotional and more movie-like which is great

I disagree. I think a game's atmosphere should stay it's own. AC1, AC2 and ACB's soundtrack defined the atmospheres and gave it a mysterious feel that imo perfectly fitted the games. Add huge orchestras though and you're already too close to turning it into any "epic" Hollywood blockbuster soundtrack.
Like De Filosoof said, you can put this soundtrack in almost every hollywood blockbuster movie and it would fit perfectly. Try this with almost any soundtrack from Jesper and it wouldn't fit.

Let me buy you a beer.

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 07:29 AM
I disagree. I think a game's atmosphere should stay it's own. AC1, AC2 and ACB's soundtrack defined the atmospheres and gave it a mysterious feel that imo perfectly fitted the games. Add huge orchestras though and you're already too close to turning it into any "epic" Hollywood blockbuster soundtrack.
Like De Filosoof said, you can put this soundtrack in almost every hollywood blockbuster movie and it would fit perfectly. Try this with almost any soundtrack from Jesper and it wouldn't fit.

Let me buy you a beer.

We don't know the entire soundtrack, we have no idea how it will fit in with the ambient scenes or anything.

We're getting to a more modern time period, a time period that has had tons of movies mad about it. A time period that movies often draw on in their inspiration for scores. Don't worry about it.

AC is a series about travelling to different time periods. That implies change. Embrace it.

And seriously, a soundtrack is not automatically bad if it would fit with a movie. movies have wide varieties of soundtracks, and they can be amazing.

I just don't hear any genericness in what we've been presented so far. Most movies don't have a soundtrack this good.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Why does everybody have a agenda against movies? seriously?
Some movie tracks are the best tracks I ever heard. Some of them even surpassing AC soundtracks. *Minus the Chase theme*
He said it's a mix of calm, and heavy, meaning there will be a bit of everything.
And did everybody just get spoiled by the Italy setting? IMO, the ''atmosphere'' you are talking about was built around the Renaissance, now we are in the Revolution.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Huh. I guess lazy internet typing doesn't always equal lazy internet knowledge.

I wasn't lazy typing we are talking about video recording and video editing here it's not a simple field actually and it's not a lazy internet knowledge ,, I barely explained anything in my last comment ,, but I tried to keep it simple as possible because these things are hard to learn and even harder for me to explain it ,,, Actually I don't think any one who is learning motion graphics or video editing could be lazy at all :D

playassassins1
08-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Some movie tracks are the best tracks I ever heard. Some of them even surpassing AC soundtracks. *Minus the Chase theme*
He said it's a mix of calm, and heavy, meaning there will be a bit of everything.
And did everybody just get spoiled by the Italy setting? IMO, the ''atmosphere'' you are talking about was built around the Renaissance, now we are in the Revolution.

No, the atmosphere was built in AC I. Which wasn't set in the Renaissance(Obviously).....

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-03-2012, 07:41 AM
We don't know the entire soundtrack, we have no idea how it will fit in with the ambient scenes or anything.

We're getting to a more modern time period, a time period that has had tons of movies mad about it. A time period that movies often draw on in their inspiration for scores. Don't worry about it.

AC is a series about travelling to different time periods. That implies change. Embrace it.

And seriously, a soundtrack is not automatically bad if it would fit with a movie. movies have wide varieties of soundtracks, and they can be amazing.

I just don't hear any genericness in what we've been presented so far. Most movies don't have a soundtrack this good.

Agreed ,,, We haven't heared almost anything from the soundtrack exepct 4 or 5 tracks including the main theme ,,, And Ac3 is the biggest title in all of the Ac's Games ,,,so I think it has to have the best soundtrack ,, I trust ubisoft for choosing lorne for the soundtrack :D I hope he won't disappoint us :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 07:51 AM
No, the atmosphere was built in AC I. Which wasn't set in the Renaissance(Obviously).....

The style changed from AC1 to the Ezio trilogy, because of the different time periods. That is kinda how it works, different period-different music.

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 07:57 AM
I wasn't lazy typing we are talking about video recording and video editing here it's not a simple field actually and it's not a lazy internet knowledge ,, I barely explained anything in my last comment ,, but I tried to keep it simple as possible because these things are hard to learn and even harder for me to explain it ,,, Actually I don't think any one who is learning motion graphics or video editing could be lazy at all :D

Lol, I was saying that from the misspelling and bad sentence structure of your original posts, I assumed you weren't knowledgeable on the subject, but now I know you are. No biggie.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Lol, I was saying that from the misspelling and bad sentence structure of your original posts, I assumed you weren't knowledgeable on the subject, but now I know you are. No biggie.

my bad :D

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 08:07 AM
AC1 music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cU1KBXtels uses contemporary instruments: chanting, flute, heavy drums, also uses electronic elements
AC2 music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0i6YFrSs6c uses contemporary instruments: choirs, strings, also uses electronic elements
AC3 music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5R5VVLsz30 uses contemporary instruments: drums, choirs, strings, wind instruments, also uses electronic elements (Questionable veracity on this link, but it sounds legit to me)

All of those songs sound like they could be in a movie, to me.

morpheusPrime08
08-03-2012, 08:47 AM
WOW, havent been on here in a while, but the new trailer was so epic I just couldn't help myself.

Anyway, trailer was awsome, finally finally FINALLY they killed some blue coats, Connors movement in climbing and combat are still as fluid as ever. Cant wait 2 more months!:D

WolfTemplar94
08-03-2012, 10:20 AM
I love that shot of older Connor at 2:50. It looks like some serious s*** is about to go down. This is probably my favourite trailer so far, it's a good rap up of what we know so far.

MangoCookies
08-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Wow, that was amazing! I wonder about that blue coat though?

edzilla_551
08-03-2012, 11:15 AM
That trailer was awesome, reminds me of how rockstar promotes their games

LoyalACFan
08-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Lol, look at 2:34 when he stabs the first blue-coat. When he shoots the other guy, look at the rifle; the entire barrel is sticking through the guy's chest, not just the bayonet :P

LoyalACFan
08-03-2012, 11:24 AM
That trailer was awesome, reminds me of how rockstar promotes their games

Yeah, just like those Life in the West videos for Red Dead :D Brings back memories of drooling over that game for four months, lol.

De Filosoof
08-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Let me buy you a beer.

Haha a beer is always welcome my friend ;).

De Filosoof
08-03-2012, 12:06 PM

This is not to unsult you but... I have a feeling that your favorite movies are movies like Batman and the avengers and stuff, so yeah, there you go.
Not that they are bad movies (pretty darn logical with infinite budgets) but it are generic movies, with a generic storylines and a generic soundtracks but massive explosion and special effects. Nothing new there.
Are you even familiar with masterpieces like Ink and Requim for a dream?

Spoiled with the renaissance?
AC1 wasn't the renaissance and had an awesome soundtrack, ACR wasn't the renaissance and had a pretty good soundtrack (especially the vocals).
The soundtrack for the revolution (and by the way, the revolution isn't the main theme of the game) could be equally as awesome with native influences and stuff. It doesn't even have to be chanting, instruments could also do the trick. This soundtrack doesn't really stand out.

Slayer_WTF
08-03-2012, 12:19 PM
AC3 music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5R5VVLsz30

This track is really part of AC3?

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 12:24 PM
This is not to unsult you but... I have a feeling that your favorite movies are movies like Batman and the avengers and stuff, so yeah, there you go.
Not that they are bad movies (pretty darn logical with infinite budgets) but it are generic movies, with a generic storylines and a generic soundtracks but massive explosion and special effects. Nothing new there.
Are you even familiar with masterpieces like Ink and Requim for a dream?

Spoiled with the renaissance?
AC1 wasn't the renaissance and had an awesome soundtrack, ACR wasn't the renaissance and had a pretty good soundtrack (especially the vocals).
The soundtrack for the revolution (and by the way, the revolution isn't the main theme of the game) could be equally as awesome with native influences and stuff. It doesn't even have to be chanting, instruments could also do the trick. This soundtrack doesn't really stand out.
Did you seriously just call the Nolan Batman movies ''basic with big special effects''?
Wait...what? like seriously, what?
What I meant is spoiled by renaissance is the ''atmosphere'' you are talking about was built because of the setting. Even AC:R carried it over to a certain degree.
And the Revolution is the backdrop, meaning the soundtrack will be inspired by the war, probably some Native American music.

eagleforlife1
08-03-2012, 12:25 PM
ACR wasn't the renaissance and had a pretty good soundtrack (especially the vocals).

???Yes it was???

De Filosoof
08-03-2012, 12:28 PM
???Yes it was???

Well, it wasn't the main theme. Better?

De Filosoof
08-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Did you seriously just call the Nolan Batman movies ''basic with big special effects''?
Wait...what? like seriously, what?

Yeah, boom boom pow pow. Fighting stereotypical anarchy bladiebladiebla. Generic stuff.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Yeah, boom boom pow pow. Fighting stereotypical anarchy bladiebladiebla.

Anybody that watched them would probably tell you this: https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3_yqovLYY8A7cOYWdwO8sczCw3LX5I FzI7DKK0ltHvaipxaXBfQ
Also, I am not sure how the bloody JOKER is a anarchy stereotype.
Meh, back on topic: One part of the soundtrack that really impressed me was the end level on Boston.

Slayer_WTF
08-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Yeah, boom boom pow pow. Fighting stereotypical anarchy bladiebladiebla.

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/ZenGato/GIFs/sisko.gif

De Filosoof
08-03-2012, 12:39 PM
:D Haha. Totally worth it.

pacmanate
08-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Have we ever seen Ezio's leap from the side? Because they say it's the same animation.

I dunno but I always thought he did a leap forward, almost like a dive. At 4:10, he doesn't arch as much as Connor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW7AKtxSKyQ

Anyway, only less than 2 weeks until Gamescom! And I suspect we will get a new trailer and new footage :D

Aphex_Tim
08-03-2012, 01:06 PM
:D Haha. Totally worth it.

That beer just went from a massive pint to a generic 30CL beer. ;)

De Filosoof
08-03-2012, 01:26 PM
That beer just went from a massive pint to a generic 30CL beer. ;)

Awwhh :(... I was just having some fun :p.

tarrero
08-03-2012, 01:27 PM
I like those movies, in fact, proably are one of the few modern hollywood ones I really enjoy....

playassassins1
08-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Yeah, boom boom pow pow. Fighting stereotypical anarchy bladiebladiebla. Generic stuff..

You my friend..... Are awesome. every time a new super-hero movie comes out, I will use this. '' boom boom pow pow. Fighting stereotypical anarchy bladiebladiebla. Generic stuff.''

Aphex_Tim
08-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Awwhh :(... I was just having some fun :p.

So am i ;)

tarrero
08-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Whatīs next, The Godfather and its score being overrated????? Mehhhh

Letīs see,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_AlOMcdjw&amp;feature=relmfu AC2 gameplay trailer, check out the soundtrack.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK2aGst1s-M Revelations gameplay trailer, listen no the score....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVtWPiLVnn8

Brother hood trailer, and again.....

You see where I am getting into? YOU CANNOT judge the entire AC3 sountrack based only from what you have heard on the trailers, which at least to me is very good btw....

Slayer_WTF
08-03-2012, 01:56 PM
It 's clearly a pre-Alpha:

http://i46.tinypic.com/f1xo1t.jpg

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Pre-Alpha 2 months away?
Err...I doubt it. Also, I believe graphics past Alpha dont improve. Just glitches, etc.

Slayer_WTF
08-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Pre-Alpha 2 months away?
Err...I doubt it. Also, I believe graphics past Alpha dont improve. Just glitches, etc.

Maybe the video was made months ago. We can not know unfortunately.

BBALive
08-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I also noticed the low-res textures. As well as this: http://i.imgur.com/SMg0v.jpg
It's possible that the footage in the trailer was from an older build, and doesn't represent the final game. It's also possible that they'll fix the textures (if they haven't already), because they looked awful, even for a console game. But of course, the gameplay is what really matters.

On the plus side most other things look great. Just a few blemishes here and there. Hopefully the poor textures will be addressed, if they haven't been addressed already.

SaintPerkele
08-03-2012, 02:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVtWPiLVnn8

Brother hood trailer, and again.....

You see where I am getting into? YOU CANNOT judge the entire AC3 sountrack based only from what you have heard on the trailers, which at least to me is very good btw....
The Brotherhoodtrailer had the best music ever, Cesare's rap at 0:28 remains unbeaten :D

No seriously, I agree with you. I still think that the music in the very first AC3 trailer (you know, the one with George Washington) was especially fantastic. And, as said before, the music needs to match the character of the protagonist. I just hope that they won't go for merely cinematic music, I prefer soundtracks that stay in my brain because of a unique melody (Spirit of Damascus, Ezio's Family, Venice rooftops, City of Rome, to name a few) instead of the ones which just sound epic but are nothing special.

Considering some of the textures.. I assume that they will either be fixed or you won't even notice it in the maingame. But I agree, it's probably pre-alpha-footage, since many of these scenes were already shown in other trailers.

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 03:02 PM
These trailers` scores are not part of the AC soundtrack..

tarrero
08-03-2012, 03:08 PM
These trailers` scores are not part of the AC soundtrack..

That was my point, everyone here is judging the incoming soundtrack based on that......

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 03:11 PM
That was my point, everyone here is judging the incoming soundtrack based on that......
Because it is part of the AC III soundtrack..

This doesn't mean im not with you, though. I do agree.

Mr_Shade
08-03-2012, 03:38 PM
guys, lets not drag the topic too far away from the starting one ;)

A more detailed thread about the score - and music in general in the game, may be a better use - since then you may get more comments ;)

Re complaints about the games graphics and textures, well that could be down to the your tube compression used - it does appear very low bitrate [I have asked if it's possible to get a better higher resolution one ;)]

Thing to remember about this trailer - it's showcasing the AnvilNext engine - it's not 'just' a graphics engine, it's driving many other things as well .. such as the enhanced AI - the weather systems and the new animations..

So lets see some feedback based on those - since I'm sure the team would love to hear what you think ;)

TheHumanTowel
08-03-2012, 03:43 PM
I wonder if the weather effects will have an effect on free-running paths. I mean like a slanted roof that Connor would be able to run across fine in summer might become slippy in rain or during winter and Connor would slide down it.

SixKeys
08-03-2012, 03:45 PM
I have to point out how nice it is to have more sloped surfaces in this game. It wasn't something I ever paid attention to before in previous games, but ever since the devs pointed it out in interviews, I've been paying more attention to the fact that in every other game the action always takes place on a flat surface. Looking at some of the screengrabs and the bit in the trailer where Connor is scurrying up the hill, I think it's going to add something new to the experience. The landscapes will be very different from what we've seen before, even in Constantinople which was supposedly built on a hilly area.

I agree about the video compression, I can't believe they still haven't switched to a different compression software. The demos we see at cons look beautiful but when Ubi uploads the official hi-res versions on YouTube, they always look like crap.

MT4K
08-03-2012, 03:47 PM
I wonder if the weather effects will have an effect on free-running paths. I mean like a slanted roof that Connor would be able to run across fine in summer might become slippy in rain or during winter and Connor would slide down it.

That would get annoying after the first few times :P. I suspect the weather system is more for atmosphere and immersion more than gameplay :).

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I wonder how they`ll incorporate the transition between weathers ? also I`d like for the man chopping woods to actually leave this and do something else after sometime, because in the past, everyone was stuck with a Permanent job ALL DAY unless you bump into them.

freddie_1897
08-03-2012, 03:51 PM
I wonder how they`ll incorporate the transition between weathers ? also I`d like for the man chopping woods to actually leave this and do something else after sometime, because in the past, everyone was stuck with a Permanent job ALL DAY unless you bump into them.
maybe he could put his logs in a cart and deliver them to a workshop or something

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 03:54 PM
maybe he could put his logs in a cart and deliver them to a workshop or something
Look at this sequence, he wakes up in the morning, makes a check around somethings, goes to chop wood, takes cart somewhere, comes back to rest a bit, eats and drinks, takes a smoke and then sleeps..

SixKeys
08-03-2012, 03:55 PM

The devs said they've tried to give NPCs actual routines and purposes this time, so you won't be able to hide the whole day with the same group of people because eventually they'll leave to do other stuff. I hope this is true.

I don't think weather will have effects on freerunning. I recall the devs saying they toyed with the idea, but eventudally decided against it because it would make the game less fun. It'll affect gameplay in other ways, like in thick fog it might be more difficult for you to see your targets.

MT4K
08-03-2012, 03:57 PM

Funny. I just always thought those sweepers were just extremely passionate about keeping the street clean.

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Funny. I just always thought those sweepers were just extremely passionate about keeping the street clean.
Yeah and those fishing are fishing in a pool...

You`re funny, do I know you ?

tarrero
08-03-2012, 04:01 PM

Three weeks ago I asked that very same question, and the answers given by other members, according to what they had claimed to hear on those one long podcasts, was that during the singleplayer "campaign", there would be "winter and summer sequences", and once the game is finished, there is an option to choose what season you want play, however I have NOT seen the source by myself.

May be shade could hint something about that.

SixKeys
08-03-2012, 04:02 PM

Not that passionate, seeing as how they just threw down their brooms and walked away if I so much as stood too close to them. :p "Hey man, whatchu working on? -I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS PRESSURE!!! I quit!!"

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Three weeks ago I asked that very same question, and the answers given by other members, according to what they had claimed to hear on those one long podcasts, was that during the singleplayer "campaign", there would be "winter and summer sequences", and once the game is finished, there is an option to choose what season you want play, however I have NOT seen the source by myself.

May be shade could hint something about that.
Weather... Weather, not seasons...

tarrero
08-03-2012, 04:06 PM

My bad, however.... Do you have any idea about seasons issue by the way???? Cause I have looking for a reliable source, and so far I have not found anything hehe.

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 04:07 PM
My bad, however.... Do you have any idea about seasons issue by the way???? Cause I have looking for a reliable source, and so far I have not found anything hehe.
Which issue ?

freddie_1897
08-03-2012, 04:08 PM
no, i'm sure they said that you could change between winter and summer, but the weather would change dynamically for both, so heavy snow in winter or rain in summer

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 04:10 PM
no, i'm sure they said that you could change between winter and summer, but the weather would change dynamically for both, so heavy snow in winter or rain in summer
I`v never seen worse misunderstandings in my life xD

I Know its dynamic, BUT im talking about transitions, say from heavy rain to sunny ? how will it work ? what will it look like ?

MT4K
08-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Not that passionate, seeing as how they just threw down their brooms and walked away if I so much as stood too close to them. :p "Hey man, whatchu working on? -I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS PRESSURE!!! I quit!!"

Hey you cannot blame them. You probably messed up the part they just got clean :P.

tarrero
08-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Which issue ?

Once the single player is finished, and only the side quests are left, how does the seasons change??? Will it be randomly generated or what????

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Once the single player is finished, and only the side quests are left, how does the seasons change??? Will it be randomly generated or what????
I remember them saying in an article that you`ll get to choose which season to stay in for the rest of the game and you can change it how you like..

BBALive
08-03-2012, 04:18 PM

I Know its dynamic, BUT im talking about transitions, say from heavy rain to sunny ? how will it work ? what will it look like ?

Probably like the weather transition in the Naval Warfare Demo.

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Probably like the weather transition in the Naval Warfare Demo.
Wops, forgot about that one xD

MT4K
08-03-2012, 04:24 PM

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2012/04/05/special-edition-podcast-assassins-creed-3.aspx

Check around 14:30

tarrero
08-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Thank you very much!!!!!!

Slayer_WTF
08-03-2012, 04:39 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2012/04/05/special-edition-podcast-assassins-creed-3.aspx

Check around 14:30

I do not have earphones to listen. Would you be so kind as to tell me what it says? :)

tarrero
08-03-2012, 04:46 PM
I do not have earphones to listen. Would you be so kind as to tell me what it says? :)

He says that, once you finish the game, and because some side quests require an specific season to be completed, you can choose freely which one you want to play.

freddie_1897
08-03-2012, 04:55 PM

oh right xD

sorry!

tarrero
08-03-2012, 04:58 PM

Well, it is friday xD

TheHumanTowel
08-03-2012, 05:09 PM
hey everyone, i think it would be cool if every week we did a new competition thing on this thread (and its successors) the contests don't have to be related to gaming, they could be stuff like "what is the worst experience you've ever had in a foreign country?" we would first need a judge, maybe the judge could be whoever won the previous contest, and they would change every week. the actual theme of the contest would be decided by whoever gets there first on the day of the contest. but first we need 2 things. a day we can agree on to have each contest. and it would be on that day each week. and we also need to know if people would actually want to do this.

so what do you think?
I think you've posted in the wrong thread.

freddie_1897
08-03-2012, 05:10 PM
I think you've posted in the wrong thread.
yup xD, so i deleted the post, sorry about that, i thought it was the off topic thread because things seemed to be slightly, well, off topic, which can hardly be a good thing so yeah, sorry

CrazySN
08-03-2012, 05:15 PM

The seasons most likely correspond with Connor's different moments in life. I'm guessing when the developers stated you could change the season's at the end of the game, they basically meant you could choose to replay one of Connor's past sequences, just like in AC:R and AC:B. Though the season's will remain static for a sequence, weather like rain, fog, or wind, would probably be random in each sequence. Unless you're playing a scripted event, I think.

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 05:17 PM
The seasons correspond with Connor's different moments in life. When the developers stated you could change the season's at the end of the game, they basically meant you could choose to replay one of Connor's past sequences, just like in AC:R and AC:B. Though the season's will remain static for a sequence, weather like rain, fog, or wind, would probably be random in each sequence. Unless you're playing a scripted event, I think.
ooooh nice speculations, but please until we know, do not present this as fact.

CrazySN
08-03-2012, 05:20 PM
ooooh nice speculations, but please until we know, do not present this as fact.

Okay, I edited it so it looks more like speculation now.

MT4K
08-03-2012, 05:21 PM
The seasons correspond with Connor's different moments in life. When the developers stated you could change the season's at the end of the game, they basically meant you could choose to replay one of Connor's past sequences, just like in AC:R and AC:B. Though the season's will remain static for a sequence, weather like rain, fog, or wind, would probably be random in each sequence. Unless you're playing a scripted event, I think.

Hutchingson specifically mentioned side content and being able to play them despite some of them being linked to a certain season and they was talking in that podcast about "at the end of the game". He also specifically mentions they put a mechanic in to let you choose.

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Okay, I edited it so it looks more like speculation now.
Thank you very much:)

SteelCity999
08-03-2012, 05:54 PM
One thing about the weather system so far, based on one of the Boston demos, is that there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in crowds. The demo where it was raining everyone was walking and standing around like it was a bright sunny day. If it is raining, NPCs should be reduced thereby making less blending spots available etc.. Same with snow, etc. Hoepfully there will be more of a difference in overall feel of the game. It's kind of like the night complaints where day and night crowds were very similar.

playassassins1
08-03-2012, 06:31 PM
One thing about the weather system so far, based on one of the Boston demos, is that there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in crowds. The demo where it was raining everyone was walking and standing around like it was a bright sunny day. If it is raining, NPCs should be reduced thereby making less blending spots available etc.. Same with snow, etc. Hoepfully there will be more of a difference in overall feel of the game. It's kind of like the night complaints where day and night crowds were very similar.

Not necessary though. You could see that the NPC's were reacting to the rain.
People can be outside when it rains... Rain doesn't kill people...

SteelCity999
08-03-2012, 08:04 PM

Normally crowds thin out during the rain....not go away. however, in the demo they were doing neither. The point trying to be made is that if you are blending or following someone, it would be much more fun if it started to rain or snow and people started to bolt leaving you exposed. It would be nice for there to be a difference in gameplay with the weather just like Connor has been shown in the snow. Maybe alittle to much to ask for but whats the point if it does nothing?

Lonesoldier2012
08-03-2012, 08:05 PM

Acid Rain.

TheFrontLine
08-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Acid Rain.

Typical acid rain's pH is not low enough to hurt humans.

playassassins1
08-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Normally crowds thin out during the rain....not go away. however, in the demo they were doing neither. The point trying to be made is that if you are blending or following someone, it would be much more fun if it started to rain or snow and people started to bolt leaving you exposed. It would be nice for there to be a difference in gameplay with the weather just like Connor has been shown in the snow. Maybe alittle to much to ask for but whats the point if it does nothing?

Yeah, it would bring more variety to gameplay. When the streets are empty(Not fully). They encourage you to use rooftops instead of social stealth.
would be a nice touch if they were aiming at realism for the crowd mechanics.

ProletariatPleb
08-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Acid Rain.
http://emotibot.net/pix/4115.jpg

Other than the fact that acid rain doesn't kill people 0_o they're in the 18th century....

Acrimonious_Nin
08-03-2012, 09:49 PM
soooo I tried reading everything and got a back cramp...what are you people talking about ? is there going to be the disastrous effects of acid rain to Connor's life ?

TheFrontLine
08-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Yes, nuclear power plants built by the colonists have caused large acid rain clouds along the eastern coast of North America. This, in turn, has caused widespread pollution: plant life begins dying out, forests become scattered plots of trees, fish can no longer call the Great Lakes home. Connor has been forced to sneak aboard a British ship returning to the parent country to escape. And that, is the ending of ACIII; he sees the ways of the new people, and decides to ditch his life as an Assassin to become an anti-pollution activist.

Acrimonious_Nin
08-03-2012, 09:57 PM
:D thats a horrible story..I would never play AC3.

MT4K
08-03-2012, 09:59 PM
:D thats a horrible story..I would never play AC3.

This is why you should read a thread, or at least the last couple of pages :P.

notafanboy
08-03-2012, 10:23 PM
sorry to disappoint some of you, but the bluecoat-killing is a glitch that will be fixed in the final verson of the game. How do i know this ? Well... i met Alex hutchkinson last night and he told me.

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 10:28 PM
sorry to disappoint some of you, but the bluecoat-killing is a glitch that will be fixed in the final verson of the game. How do i know this ? Well... i met Alex hutchkinson last night and he told me.
I told you not to tell anyone, darn it !!

notafanboy
08-03-2012, 10:32 PM
I told you not to tell anyone, darn it !!

please donīt hurt me !

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 10:33 PM
please donīt hurt me !
You`re FIRED !!

Lonesoldier2012
08-03-2012, 10:41 PM
http://emotibot.net/pix/4115.jpg

Other than the fact that acid rain doesn't kill people 0_o they're in the 18th century....Successfully trolled.

notafanboy
08-03-2012, 10:42 PM
You`re FIRED !!

but...but... i donīt even have a job !

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
but...but... i donīt even have a job !
Oh ? Here then, you now are the Lead designer..

YOU`RE FIRED !!

On-topic: I really hope we get to see changes in NPC activities in trailers, we were told that they do many things, BUT we werent shown. I still remember the thief random quest in Revelations and that left a bad taste in my mouth..

piperdiaper13
08-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Oh ? Here then, you now are the Lead designer..

YOU`RE FIRED !!

On-topic: I really hope we get to see changes in NPC activities in trailers, we were told that they do many things, BUT we werent shown. I still remember the thief random quest in Revelations and that left a bad taste in my mouth..

I think you'll only really notice it if you actually listen to what they are saying and follow their actions. But if your just focus on your quest you may not notice it.

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 11:04 PM
I think you'll only really notice it if you actually listen to what they are saying and follow their actions. But if your just focus on your quest you may not notice it.
What ? hello ?

pablo2977
08-04-2012, 12:29 AM
Great trailer I think I'll die of excitement before the game comes out but great trailer

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 12:49 AM
They said they react to each other, but I cant see any of that :nonchalance:
I mean, a guy bumped another guy in the demo of CC, yes he did nothing.

piperdiaper13
08-04-2012, 01:16 AM
They said they react to each other, but I cant see any of that :nonchalance:
I mean, a guy bumped another guy in the demo of CC, yes he did nothing.

It will be hard to see unless you look and listen for it

Assassin_M
08-04-2012, 01:25 AM
It will be hard to see unless you look and listen for it
Again, listen for what ?? you replied to me with the same thing and i asked "What" ? and you did not reply.

So again, What do you mean ?

piperdiaper13
08-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Again, listen for what ?? you replied to me with the same thing and i asked "What" ? and you did not reply.

So again, What do you mean ?

You can hear the NPC's talking to eachother about their actions and stuff like that. Like Alex Hutchinson was saying in the Boston commentary when he blended with the two men they were talking about his farm. If you listen In a market they will talk about the sales and maybe go to another stall and compare prices or something like that.

Assassin_M
08-04-2012, 01:44 AM
You can hear the NPC's talking to eachother about their actions and stuff like that. Like Alex Hutchinson was saying in the Boston commentary when he blended with the two men they were talking about his farm. If you listen In a market they will talk about the sales and maybe go to another stall and compare prices or something like that.
Okay ? and ? I already knew that..

piperdiaper13
08-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Okay ? and ? I already knew that..

Then you should have understood what I was saying

Assassin_M
08-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Then you should have understood what I was saying
Then....... im stupid ? because I still didn't understand xD

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 01:50 AM
They do not actually respond to each others actions, like when a certain civilian does something, the others don't re-act, etc...
Like when that guy was running away, nobody had any reaction, or when he bumped into another dude.

piperdiaper13
08-04-2012, 01:54 AM
They do not actually respond to each others actions, like when a certain civilian does something, the others don't re-act, etc...
Like when that guy was running away, nobody had any reaction, or when he bumped into another dude.

No but they are not walking around aimlessly in groups. They have their own individual motives for their actions

playassassins1
08-04-2012, 10:21 AM

But this is all speculation.... We don't know if it's gonna be the same in the final build.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Obviously, but we are judging by what we see.
I hope parkour civilians are gone, tho.
It was specially bad in AC:B.

playassassins1
08-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Obviously, but we are judging by what we see.
I hope parkour civilians are gone, tho.
It was specially bad in AC:B.

Yeah, very weird seeing an old man jumping around, lol

xXMrGR1NCHXx
08-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Another awesome trailer, I find it funny how they threw in that clip of Connor killing blue coats just to keep the non-believers of Connor's neutrality quiet. That one look at New York was good enough for me Ubisoft, please don't show anymore. :P