PDA

View Full Version : AC3, Colonial or Native?

Legendz54
08-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Developers of AC3 have said that you can choose two paths of clothing customization for Connor, no more just Dying Clothes but also completely changing them without having to go through a cave mission..
Colonial or Native. Which one of these paths are you going to take?

Are you more excited for all the new mechanics in the cities or the Frontier?

A little off topic to the title but do you think we will be able to hunt animals on horseback, because there is no way you would be able to catch a deer on foot unless you are speedy with the bow. Also, who thinks the rope dart can be used for hunting?

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Aw man, the Colonial outfit has persuaded me to want to dress like a colonial in AC3.
I am much more interested in the Frontier over the cities, mainly because we've all experienced the cities before. The few new things we've seen aren't that big of a change to make me extremely excited.
I don't see how a rope dart would work on horseback. Catching an animal the way you describe seems pretty brutal and random, maybe even borderline 'animal abuse'.

Legendz54
08-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Aw man, the Colonial outfit has persuaded me to want to dress like a colonial in AC3.
I am much more interested in the Frontier over the cities, mainly because we've all experienced the cities before. The few new things we've seen aren't that big of a change to make me extremely excited.
I don't see how a rope dart would work on horseback. Catching an animal the way you describe seems pretty brutal and random, maybe even borderline 'animal abuse'.

Rephrased the last sentence to make it seem less abusive, This is the outfit you must be talking about and it does seem pretty cool, we have a colonial and naval outfit but we still have to see what the native outfits look like.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57088/assassinscreed/images/c/c9/AC3_1_UK.jpg

LoyalACFan
08-02-2012, 03:31 AM
Developers of AC3 have said that you can choose two paths of clothing customization for Connor
Colonial or Native. Which one of these paths would you take?

Not questioning the legitimacy of this statement, but when did they say this? I don't remember hearing this from Ubisoft, just from other fans.

That said, I'd probably go with the native theme. Just to mix up the usual "white hooded robe" look.

Legendz54
08-02-2012, 03:51 AM
Not questioning the legitimacy of this statement, but when did they say this? I don't remember hearing this from Ubisoft, just from other fans.

That said, I'd probably go with the native theme. Just to mix up the usual "white hooded robe" look.
I remember seeing the statement in one of those written down interviews near when AC3 was first announced.
I too would go for native,but native or colonial for me it must always have a hood.

tarrero
08-02-2012, 03:51 AM
It is been stated that MANY features of the game will go unnamed until you play the it, I have seen connor wearing earrings, may be thats the native "path".

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 03:56 AM
Why is there no Loyalist route :nonchalance:

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Isn't that basically Colonial?

RatonhnhakeFan
08-02-2012, 04:17 AM
This 'Colonial Assassin' pre-order outfit is a bit weirdly named since it looks more Native-influenced than even the main/official outfit

It is been stated that MANY features of the game will go unnamed until you play the it, I have seen connor wearing earrings, may be thats the native "path".
Earrings? U sure it wasn't his little ponytail? Never saw a screen with him wearing any earrings

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Loyalists- The Redcoats.
Colonials-'MERICA!
Earrings? I saw his hair in a cutscene, but that was it.
Off topic: Got a capatcha thing....the image is not showing up -____- had too type random stuff and post.

tarrero
08-02-2012, 05:06 AM
My bad guys, what I though it was earrings from the Seasons trailer in which Connor appears without hood,... Well, just a pixel, sorry :( However it would be cool though

Legendz54
08-02-2012, 05:42 AM
Loyalists- The Redcoats.
Colonials-'MERICA!
Earrings? I saw his hair in a cutscene, but that was it.
Off topic: Got a capatcha thing....the image is not showing up -____- had too type random stuff and post.

Wait??
doesnt it go
Loyalists= redcoats
Patriots= Americans
Colonial = a time period
Natives= Indians

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 05:53 AM
I said Colonials, not Colonial. Patriot can also be used to identify the 'MERICANS! By the way, I am not even sure if Colonials was used to describe them, but it sounds cool.
I mean...should we not have a Loyalist path aswell? :nonchalance: I imagine it would be more...formal, if that makes any sense.

Legendz54
08-02-2012, 06:03 AM
I said Colonials, not Colonial. Patriot can also be used to identify the 'MERICANS! By the way, I am not even sure if Colonials was used to describe them, but it sounds cool.
I mean...should we not have a Loyalist path aswell? :nonchalance: I imagine it would be more...formal, if that makes any sense.

Colonial is a time period not a word for people, What i mean by colonial is basically a more modern european clothing so its basically patriot and loyalist clothing whereas Native is more traditional indian clothing.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 06:11 AM
I know, but it sounds cool. So I used it.
There is a difference between Colonial clothing of the time and Loyalist clothing.
Loyalists were more...formal, and red *Obviously*
Colonial was less formal, they did not even have a uniform until late into the war, it would be European-ish, but look less formal than loyalist.
Native American clothing is well...Native American clothing.

Legendz54
08-02-2012, 06:21 AM
A lot of people must have seen this one, not digging it but i think its along the lines of the colonial path.
http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/18758iD9BE8E8A6E47E4AD/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

WolfTemplar94
08-02-2012, 06:24 AM
I'd probably go with Colonial at first. I'm not really familiar with Native dress style, to be honest.

LoyalACFan
08-02-2012, 07:39 AM
I know, but it sounds cool. So I used it.
There is a difference between Colonial clothing of the time and Loyalist clothing.
Loyalists were more...formal, and red *Obviously*
Colonial was less formal, they did not even have a uniform until late into the war, it would be European-ish, but look less formal than loyalist.
Native American clothing is well...Native American clothing.

I think in this context, they're just using "colonial" to refer to the clothing of the European colonists in general. Old World vs. New World. Native clothing will probably consist of more fur and feathers, and the colonial clothing will consist of more leather and fabric. We're not talking specifically about the colonial military.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 07:41 AM
The pic above looks like a Colonial outfit. *As in what the Patriots used to wear*
I think the outfit we see as of now, is the Native.

LoyalACFan
08-02-2012, 07:49 AM
A lot of people must have seen this one, not digging it but i think its along the lines of the colonial path.
http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/18758iD9BE8E8A6E47E4AD/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

It would be badass if it weren't for that stupid hat... :nonchalance: Nothing screams "stealth" like walking around with a gigantic Assassin "A" on your forehead.

Legendz54
08-02-2012, 07:51 AM
It would be badass if it weren't for that stupid hat... :nonchalance: Nothing screams "stealth" like walking around with a gigantic Assassin "A" on your forehead.

True, hopefully they will remove it as they still have two months.
I personally will probably go with the Native upgrades because i prefer the traditional "One with the land" look.

SixKeys
08-02-2012, 09:12 AM
If the game will indeed have such an option, I'll probably go for a more colonial look on my first playthrough and a more native one on the second playthrough. I think a colonial look would really help with the immersion, when you're not sticking out like a sore thumb.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:59 AM
But it looks so..bleh.
The others seem more badass.

MT4K
08-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Developers of AC3 have said that you can choose two paths of clothing customization for Connor, no more just Dying Clothes but also completely changing them without having to go through a cave mission..
Colonial or Native. Which one of these paths are you going to take?

Are you more excited for all the new mechanics in the cities or the Frontier?

A little off topic to the title but do you think we will be able to hunt animals on horseback, because there is no way you would be able to catch a deer on foot unless you are speedy with the bow. Also, who thinks the rope dart can be used for hunting?

Probably go with whatever looks the most like what Connor would probably wear depending on how the story is going at the time for me.

I'm looking forward to the Frontier more than the Cities.

I see no reason why Connor won't be able to hunt animals while on horseback. Especially with the bow. Natives were known for being very good with their bows while on horseback i believe. I also see no reason why he couldn't use the momentum of the horse to use the ropedart either.

De Filosoof
08-02-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm taking the native path. :)
It's horrible what has been done to them on both the colonial side and British empire side and besides that, i like their view on life much more. They are much more one with nature and the earth.

http://espressostalinist.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/article2_genocide.jpg

R.I.P Natives....

Never forget.

MangoCookies
08-02-2012, 11:55 AM
If there are paths, then I would take the Native Path!

Red is just not my color. :D

FirestarLuva
08-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Native. But the Captain of the Aquila outfit would have to be my favorite. :P

mattahleen
08-05-2012, 03:51 AM
Oh man i can't decide, ill just have to alternate

Eskaminzim
08-12-2012, 09:31 AM
De Filosoof HEY! We aren't all dead and gone yet! Haha... Back on topic: Can somebody point me to where they confirmed this? If it is true definetly going with the native clothing (gotta stay true to my roots). And sorry to say that the picture of the 'Colonial Assassin' in the collectors edition isn't correct. The outfit with that ridiculous hat is the correct outfit. The Native looking outfit was a concept that didn't make it, sadly...

Serrachio
08-12-2012, 12:16 PM
I believe what was said is that for each of the outfits that are available, Connor will make sure to maintain some part of his Native heritage through accessories that are included on them.

LoyalACFan
08-12-2012, 02:26 PM
And sorry to say that the picture of the 'Colonial Assassin' in the collectors edition isn't correct. The outfit with that ridiculous hat is the correct outfit. The Native looking outfit was a concept that didn't make it, sadly...

How do you know this? If this is true, I'm cancelling my Target order and going somewhere else. That one with the hat just doesn't work for me.

MT4K
08-12-2012, 02:37 PM
How do you know this? If this is true, I'm cancelling my Target order and going somewhere else. That one with the hat just doesn't work for me.

Take a look at this post here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/664173-ACIII-Editions-announced%21-EMEA-amp-NA-updated-17-7?p=8527535&viewfull=1#post8527535)

De Filosoof
08-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Take a look at this post here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/664173-ACIII-Editions-announced!-EMEA-amp-NA-updated-17-7?p=8527535&viewfull=1#post8527535)

WTF... so why aren't they selling the product with the right costume artwork?

MT4K
08-12-2012, 03:13 PM
WTF... so why aren't they selling the product with the right costume artwork?

No idea. Probably just forgot to change it. Either way though I really liked the concept art and am a little disappointed myself :(.

rileypoole1234
08-12-2012, 03:28 PM
I want my Connor to look like a full blown pirate, so I guess I'll go with Colonial. Running through the Frontier as a Native American warrior also could look really cool though.

SixKeys
08-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Wow, I'm really disappointed about the Colonial assassin outfit. I'm so glad I ordered the Digital Edition where I get other things like extra missions to make up for it. If I was going to order any other edition, I'd have gone for the one with the Colonial outfit because the concept art looked so cool. I would have been extremely pissed if I ended up paying for that and getting this instead.

deskp
08-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Im so glad it doesen't look like that concept art, never liked that design

I would prefer the actual one without the hat tho.

Felix-Vivo
08-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Want to wear a Redcoat outfit sometimes. It's more neutral and unbiased that way, you know?

(Sorry.)

deskp
08-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Want to wear a Redcoat outfit sometimes. It's more neutral and unbiased that way, you know?

(Sorry.)

I hope theres a dye option to make the blue parts on his coat to red.

BeCk41
08-13-2012, 01:14 PM
hmmm this is a toughie, but I'm gonna have to go with Native. I can always do Colonial on a second playthrough... or change it later.

xXMrGR1NCHXx
08-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Both. :O

LoyalACFan
08-13-2012, 09:42 PM
No idea. Probably just forgot to change it. Either way though I really liked the concept art and am a little disappointed myself :(.

Yeah, no kidding... :nonchalance: Thanks for letting me know, though. Popping in the game and realizing I had wasted my preorder on *that* would have been a nasty surprise.

Oh well. Captain of the Aquila outfit, here I come.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Take a look at this post here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/664173-ACIII-Editions-announced%21-EMEA-amp-NA-updated-17-7?p=8527535&viewfull=1#post8527535)
Just saw this. I'm disappointed :(

De Filosoof HEY! We aren't all dead and gone yet! Haha... Back on topic: Can somebody point me to where they confirmed this? If it is true definetly going with the native clothing (gotta stay true to my roots). And sorry to say that the picture of the 'Colonial Assassin' in the collectors edition isn't correct. The outfit with that ridiculous hat is the correct outfit. The Native looking outfit was a concept that didn't make it, sadly...
You're a Native American Eskaminzim? Or part-Native? :D

RapNoize
08-13-2012, 10:43 PM
O_o I just saw some Indians on the Aquila
Here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/680825-Assassin-s-Creed-III-trailers-and-screenshots-updated-2-8-12?p=8537875#post8537875

RatonhnhakeFan
08-13-2012, 10:48 PM
O_o I just saw some Indians on the Aquila
Here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/680825-Assassin-s-Creed-III-trailers-and-screenshots-updated-2-8-12?p=8537875#post8537875
Where? Except for Ratonhnhaké:ton and maybe one guy who looks a bit darker (the one with red scarf), the rest look Caucasian

xXMrGR1NCHXx
08-13-2012, 10:49 PM
No! Highly disappointed, the concept art is 10000000000x better than the finished product. Huge let down for me there. D:

RapNoize
08-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Where? Except for Ratonhnhaké:ton and maybe one guy who looks a bit darker (the one with red scarf), the rest look Caucasian
That one's Indian. He sure looks like one
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/thumb/6/6f/AC3_Indian_on_the_Aquila.png/640px-AC3_Indian_on_the_Aquila.png

RatonhnhakeFan
08-13-2012, 10:57 PM
No! Highly disappointed, the concept art is 10000000000x better than the finished product. Huge let down for me there. D:
Yeah the concept and the final render look absolutely nothing alike :(

That one's Indian. He sure looks like one
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/thumb/6/6f/AC3_Indian_on_the_Aquila.png/640px-AC3_Indian_on_the_Aquila.pngHmm maybe. Not sure, would have to see him on more screens but I do think it's totally possible that Ratonhnhaké:ton would be able to recruit whoever he liked for the crew on his own ship. Hope so! :)

LoyalACFan
08-14-2012, 02:22 AM
I do think it's totally possible that Ratonhnhaké:ton would be able to recruit whoever he liked for the crew on his own ship. Hope so! :)

I have to disagree. I'd rather have the crew be permanent, scripted characters with dialogue and individual roles and personalities. I'm getting a bit tired of the "recruit generic citizens who will never speak to you again" formula. If it was like Mass Effect, where your recruited people are actually characters, then I'd be okay, but I doubt they're going that far in-depth.

Eskaminzim
08-15-2012, 10:00 PM

Sorry. You're gonna have to cancel because they confirmed it on the editions thread a little while back. I have no idea why they are keeping that picture for it though. They really need to update it because I'm sure many people will be disappointed with what they're actually getting.

Eskaminzim
08-15-2012, 10:12 PM

You're a Native American Eskaminzim? Or part-Native? :D

Yeah, it's a bit of a let down. Even for the people who complain about the Assassin's hood not making sense anymore will be disappointed because it has a giant Assassin logo on the hat. To answer your question: Yes I am. I'm not full 100% Native of course, I'm sure I have some European blood in me. I wasn't born on a reservation either but I have some relatives that were. I even have some relatives that speak their native languages which is pretty cool.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Yeah, it's a bit of a let down. Even for the people who complain about the Assassin's hood not making sense anymore will be disappointed because it has a giant Assassin logo on the hat. To answer your question: Yes I am. I'm not full 100% Native of course, I'm sure I have some European blood in me. I wasn't born on a reservation either but I have some relatives that were. I even have some relatives that speak their native languages which is pretty cool.Ohh really? :D Could you look here in this thread? :D http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/688865-Any-Mohawk-Iroquois-Indian-person-here

Eskaminzim
08-15-2012, 10:23 PM
I have to disagree. I'd rather have the crew be permanent, scripted characters with dialogue and individual roles and personalities. I'm getting a bit tired of the "recruit generic citizens who will never speak to you again" formula. If it was like Mass Effect, where your recruited people are actually characters, then I'd be okay, but I doubt they're going that far in-depth.

Good point. And that would be awesome if they did something like Mass Effect. They did say there would be a lot of content for people who want to spend time doing the naval stuff. But like you said it's unlikely.

Eskaminzim
08-15-2012, 10:26 PM

Same here. :( Hopefully something close to that concept art will make it into the game.

Eskaminzim
08-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Ohh really? :D Could you look here in this thread? :D http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/688865-Any-Mohawk-Iroquois-Indian-person-here

Sorry, I'm not a Mohawk neither are any of my relatives. Their language is different from the Mohawk's so they wouldn't be able to tell me. But yeah I would like know how to pronounce it aswell. It seems ra-doon-ha-gay-doon is correct. The only thing I could tell you is that you're probably supposed to say it quickly and fluidly. Most natives I know say names like that. So more radoonhagaydoon, not ra... doon... ha.. gay... doon. Get what I'm saying? Hope that helps a little. But like I said I'm not Mohawk, they probably do things differently.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Sorry, I'm not a Mohawk neither are any of my relatives. Their language is different from the Mohawk's so they wouldn't be able to tell me. But yeah I would like know how to pronounce it aswell. It seems ra-doon-ha-gay-doon is correct. The only thing I could tell you is that you're probably supposed to say it quickly and fluidly. Most natives I know say names like that. So more radoonhagaydoon, not ra... doon... ha.. gay... doon. Get what I'm saying? Hope that helps a little. But like I said I'm not Mohawk, they probably do things differently.
Thanks you :) Well, I guess we will find out in the game itself anyway since they said there will be parts spoken in Mohawk so I'm sure they got people who speak the language fluently :)

LoyalACFan
08-16-2012, 12:28 AM

Alex Hutchinson pronounces it ro-dawn-hah-kay-dawn, but I dunno if that's actually how it's pronounced.