PDA

View Full Version : Steam troubles; Cant play AC1 PC please help

HSCOnyxAssassin
08-02-2012, 01:23 AM
3 months ago I downloaded AC1 for the PC through Steam and I played it about an hour a day for about 3 days. A week later I go to play it and the game boots up with no video. I have sound but no picture. Steam can't help me because it;s not a valve game and Ubisoft support say they can't replicate my problem so I'm pretty much screwed.

Heres the weird thing: Today I tried starting the game from the desktop and it worked. It loaded up in a window(the kind thats full screen but you can see the border of the window). I played til I had to go to work. I get home and now its NOT working again. Try loading it off the desktop and it does the same stupid audio with no video.

I didn't do anything different earlier when I loaded it from desktop and it worked so I have no clue whats going on. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have no problem playing ANY OTHER game on my pc or steam. Including newer games like GTA4, Deus Ex HR, Tribes:Ascend, etc. Please help guys

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Is it just a black screen with audio?
Try re-installing it; if it still doesn't work, it might be a hardware problem.

HSCOnyxAssassin
08-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Is it just a black screen with audio?
Try re-installing it; if it still doesn't work, it might be a hardware problem.

I have tried re-installing it and its the same problem. I don't think it could be a hardware problem though because I play a bunch of other games on my PC, THROUGH steam and I have no problems. I'm just kinda peeved Ubisoft support is so clueless and that steam doesn't care about third party games that they offer.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Hi HSCOnyxAssassin, posting your specs and DxDiag may help the community diagnose your issue.

HSCOnyxAssassin
08-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Ubi-Mush maybe you can help me. I've tried getting my MSINFO32(?) but everytime I go to save it, the program freezes and when I send it to Ubi-Support they tell me its corrupted. Do you know what could cause that?