PDA

View Full Version : Patch 5 weeks later, lousy free content, no Arctic Strike for free, disappointing!

GR-FS
08-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Seriously, Ubisoft, you've gotta be kidding.

Patch v1.4 is coming 5 weeks (as long as it is not postponed again) later than originally announced (we all still remember the "1 week after v1.3..." announcement) and now you announce "lousy" free content... are you serious? That's all? I'm not impressed.

Do you really think we - the PC gamers - are that stupid or easily satisfied with this "spectacular" "bonus" content? No, you're wrong.

This is no excuse for all the trouble you have caused and you still cause, who knows if we all will be satisfied with the next patch...

The only excuse would be Arctic Strike for free, but instead you try to fool us and get again money from us, at a later time 10 Euro/GBP for the small DLC Arctic Strike... (just 3 adversial mp maps, 1 for guerrilla-mode... by the way: it's called "Arctic Strike" ... what's so "arctic" about it, the only snow map is the guerrilla map... there's not one single adversial snow map ... well done! This title really fits...)

I'm sorry, but that's exactly how I feel. I'm not a fool. I'm really disappointed. First we have to wait so much time to get even an answer and "finally" the patch (who knows if the important things really get fixed...) ... and all we see is a free weapon skin, a wallpaper, two known maps, just dark (the "night" version)... yeah... you really worked hard for that stuff! Took you ages to tweak the lighting of those two maps and to unlock the already existing developer weapon skins... You are so honest and generous! Yes, that was irony... Try harder! For the first time, act sincerely!

What do you think, community? Should we make it that simple for Ubisoft? I don't think so...

Aethiuss
08-01-2012, 03:27 PM
I think if the 1.04 fix the game I will be very happy I did not spend my money on nothing.

The bonus content is ok. Nothing spectacular but I'm happy about it.

dnottis
08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I agree, we should get all the DLCs for free after this mess.

So 12 more days, I still dont know if the game will be "fixed" for me... yea, they've lost my business after this garbage. I'll at least wait till after their game launches and check the forums and just maybe if it's amazingly good I'll buy it on a Steam sale... otherwise, I've lost all respect for these pukes and I hope at least someone lost their job over there.

HeadMusketeer
08-01-2012, 05:13 PM
i literally havent played this game since i bought it the day after its release,
i cant say that i will even bother to play it when its fixed. im sure ill play it for a bit but since ive already had to move on with newer and better games i doubt ill find much interest in this piece of garbage, IF it even works in 2 weeks.
what a joke.
pretty sure SKIDROW could have fixed this game in a day or two.
thanks nubisoft

CabeysOdyssey
08-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Sorry Ubisoft, not good enough.

Another two week wait for a patch then another patch lined up after that! This is seriously bad form.

In two weeks, will there be a significant MP community left? nah I doubt it, most have already moved on.

Antoine you say most people have been enjoying the experience, well who I say. I know 5 of my friends have this game and adding myself makes 6. I am the only one who can play this game and even I'm playing with a whole lot of bugs. So I make that only 1 in 6 are actually playing this game and that's being generous because I reckon if I knew more people who had it then I'd no more people who cannot play it.

Shocking behaviour from a Dev. Shame on you.

iNvid22
08-01-2012, 06:15 PM
The corporate side is usually in charge of DLC and pricing - they wont give away free content just like that.

CabeysOdyssey
08-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Its up to us as gamers and as a community to not let developers like Ubisoft continue to get away with treating customers this way.

My Blog has been updated. Make your voices heard.

http://games-odyssey.weebly.com/

SimplyAkri
08-02-2012, 02:24 AM
I will be satisfied if patch will fix online, graphics and weapon balance problems. I actually am happy with exclusive content since we get OST of the game(I bought the witcher 1 and 2 just for their OST, artwork, dev diaries etc.). Considering a music CDs/DVDs costs 10 to 20$ it won't feel like my money was wasted THAT badly. Would i get a refund if it was possible? Yes.

This is 2nd worse launch this year after Swords of The Stars 2.

JustCallMeKoo
08-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Free content eh? Atleast its better than nothing.

MadMax66rus
08-02-2012, 09:12 AM
free content??? ost? camo??? wft ubi? whrere the **** is arctic strike???!!!! we don't need stupid free content. give us dlc that all console players already have about half month ago :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

grog415
08-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Seriously, Ubisoft, you've gotta be kidding.

Patch v1.4 is coming 5 weeks (as long as it is not postponed again) later than originally announced (we all still remember the "1 week after v1.3..." announcement) and now you announce "lousy" free content... are you serious? That's all? I'm not impressed.

Do you really think we - the PC gamers - are that stupid or easily satisfied with this "spectacular" "bonus" content? No, you're wrong.

This is no excuse for all the trouble you have caused and you still cause, who knows if we all will be satisfied with the next patch...

The only excuse would be Arctic Strike for free, but instead you try to fool us and get again money from us, at a later time 10 Euro/GBP for the small DLC Arctic Strike... (just 3 adversial mp maps, 1 for guerrilla-mode... by the way: it's called "Arctic Strike" ... what's so "arctic" about it, the only snow map is the guerrilla map... there's not one single adversial snow map ... well done! This title really fits...)

I'm sorry, but that's exactly how I feel. I'm not a fool. I'm really disappointed. First we have to wait so much time to get even an answer and "finally" the patch (who knows if the important things really get fixed...) ... and all we see is a free weapon skin, a wallpaper, two known maps, just dark (the "night" version)... yeah... you really worked hard for that stuff! Took you ages to tweak the lighting of those two maps and to unlock the already existing developer weapon skins... You are so honest and generous! Yes, that was irony... Try harder! For the first time, act sincerely!

What do you think, community? Should we make it that simple for Ubisoft? I don't think so...

I got my refund from Amazon weeks ago. For the "Reason For Return" I simply put the URL to these forums in. The money was in my account two days later.
Ubiscrew is dead to PC users from what I see. Low forum participation most have moved on. I come in occasionally to see if there is a fix, just more promises are all I see. Kind like "I'll pull it out before I ______" sort of thing isn't it.
I started gaming during the DOS era and have been building and fixing PC's since the PDP-8. Never have I seen such piss poor service, tech support or customer appreciation as I have in this new crop of Ubiscrew. I have played Ghost Recon since day 1, but Ubiscrew has gotten my last penny, until I see the franchise taken over by a new game company.

FaCeLeSsWaRRi0R
08-03-2012, 05:50 PM
The DLC MUST be free
thats all

sAs_S0N0
08-03-2012, 08:23 PM
The DLC MUST be free
thats all

Hey faceless buy the game first )