PDA

View Full Version : UGC missions for AC3?

Diabolic702
08-01-2012, 05:26 AM
I recently finished infamous 2 and I found the UGC (user-generated content) missions to be really cool. I just thought it would be awesome if AC3 would implement the same thing. Like, wouldn't it be sick if you could create your own missions and have other users play them? Just a thought.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-01-2012, 05:31 AM
inFAMOUS 2 barely had anybody actually playing the UGC. While I think it would be cool, not sure...
Fighting infinite guards? sign me up.

Diabolic702
08-01-2012, 05:50 AM
inFAMOUS 2 barely had anybody actually playing the UGC. While I think it would be cool, not sure...
Fighting infinite guards? sign me up.

Well, idk... cause I saw that certain missions were played through thousands of times. But I agree, fighting infinite guards would be something.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-01-2012, 05:56 AM
This is according to the devs, like...5% of the entire buyers were playing UGC.
Infinite guards, no rules, no restrictions, not like VR, where there is a ''challenge'' just survive the onslaught of guards.

Calvarok
08-01-2012, 06:23 AM
I agree. An expanded sort of scenario testing playground would be awesome. But not actual user-made missions. Maybe the scenarios could be customizable, but within the animus space, and not with designatable objectives beyond the target.

LoyalACFan
08-01-2012, 07:59 AM
I agree. An expanded sort of scenario testing playground would be awesome. But not actual user-made missions. Maybe the scenarios could be customizable, but within the animus space, and not with designatable objectives beyond the target.

This is kind of what I would want in terms of UGC. Basically a more intuitive iteration of the VR missions in Brotherhood. Not Infamous-style UGC.

BBALive
08-01-2012, 02:27 PM
UGC and mod support should be common-place in games. AC games would have so much more replayability if such things were in the game. Sadly, they aren't.

It could just be, like the others said, user-created VR challenges. It doesn't have to affect the core game in any way.

OriginalMiles
08-01-2012, 02:38 PM
UCG?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfpyGyb1J4I

SaintPerkele
08-01-2012, 03:16 PM
If UCG is done correctly, it can be awesome. Most Valve games (including Portal, L4D and TF2) have proven this over and over again. Besides Valve games, other games inspire users to create awesome things, Day Z being the most recent example. To be fair though, the community of these games and the AC community is different..