PDA

View Full Version : Image Verification

PennyType
08-01-2012, 05:01 AM
Please, please, PLEASE remove the image verification from the forums! I don't know about everyone else, but i think they are the MOST annoying thing on the internet lately (except for background music that automatically plays when you load a web page that is! :eek:) it never fails that I will probably 50% of the time get it wrong and have to redo it. I understand why they exist, but seriously? you guys already have us verify our Facebook login AND register with the forums separately. are you honestly trying to say that you are STILL worried about me being a bot?! :rolleyes:

Tully__
08-01-2012, 05:37 AM
There's been rather a large influx of spam on these forums the last two weeks, the image captcha is a temporary measure to reduce the problem some until more permanent and effective measures can be put in place. Please be patient in the meantime.

We realise you may not have seen much of this in this particular forum, however the spam has affected a number of the individual game forums at times with up to 400 posts per hour and they keep changing their targets. This means our measures have to be applied forum wide if they're to be effective.