PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Unite on PlayStation: The Official Magazine’s September Cover

im3jia
08-01-2012, 01:29 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7680329954_c1bb4d5a66_z.jpg

"PS3's Connor and PS Vita Aveline make their mark on PTOM's September cover as we delve into Assassin Creed III, the revolutionary new chapter(s) in Ubisoft’s blockbuster franchise. Executive editor Mikel Reparaz travelled to Ubisoft Montreal for a deep look into the gameplay of both the home console and portable games with exclusive insight from the developers. And can we just say we’re lovin’ the Revolutionary War setting for the games?"

In stores today.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/31/assassins-unite-on-playstation-the-official-magazines-september-cover/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+(PlayStation.Blog)

RatonhnhakeFan
08-01-2012, 03:50 AM
I knew this render was too good to be fanmade.

It's great that Ubisoft's is cross-promoting both games. Love this render, even if it's most likely not canon (Aveline's likely quite older than Ratonhnhaké:ton, like a decade or possibly much more)

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-01-2012, 03:51 AM
She is like...50 by the end of ACIII.
Which complete goes against the ''AVELINE IS HIS SPOUSE!''
Also, Aveline is not in the Revolution :nonchalance:

RatonhnhakeFan
08-01-2012, 03:59 AM
She is like...50 by the end of ACIII.
Which complete goes against the ''AVELINE IS HIS SPOUSE!''
Also, Aveline is not in the Revolution :nonchalance:Well, we don't know which year she was born in. It was only revealed that she joined the order in 1759 which would SUGGEST that it was her conscious decision and that she would at least have to be at certain age for the order to accept her so probably around 15-20. That would make her like 11-16 years older than Ratonhnhaké:ton, so she would rather be in her early-to-mid 40s at the end of AC3. Not THAT old

SixKeys
08-01-2012, 04:15 AM
Ezio was close to 60 in ACR and Sofia was probably about 20 years younger by the looks of her. I don't see why Connor and Aveline would be an impossibility.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-01-2012, 04:20 AM
Ezio was close to 60 in ACR and Sofia was probably about 20 years younger by the looks of her. I don't see why Connor and Aveline would be an impossibility.

Ezio was like..52 then.
Not close to 60. And also, will you really block and important part like his spouse to a Vita game? they did it once, and it was a bad idea.

SixKeys
08-01-2012, 04:28 AM
Ezio was like..52 then.
Not close to 60. And also, will you really block and important part like his spouse to a Vita game? they did it once, and it was a bad idea.

Okay, closer to 50 than 60, my mistake. Sofia was still much younger, though.

I don't even care if we never get to see who Connor ultimately hooks up with, as long as it's not crucial to the main story.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-01-2012, 04:31 AM
But it sort of...is. When ACII came out, my friends bombarded me with ''What the hell?! why is he with her?''
I found it...kinda creepy that Ezio married Sofia .___.

SixKeys
08-01-2012, 04:35 AM
But it sort of...is.

Not really. Not in the way that we absolutely need to see it. We didn't know at the end of AC1 that Altaďr hooked up with Maria, we only found out through a dream in AC2, when Desmond wasn't even connected to the Animus. If it's not crucial to the plot, I don't care if Connor's offspring ends up being the child of some random prostitute.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-01-2012, 04:37 AM
Ezio was close to 60 in ACR and Sofia was probably about 20 years younger by the looks of her. I don't see why Connor and Aveline would be an impossibility.Not an impossibility at all, but it's unfortunately somehow viewed as 'weird' when it's an older woman entering a relationship with a younger guy in our society. Ubisoft could think like that too......

Okay, closer to 50 than 60, my mistake. Sofia was still much younger, though.

I don't even care if we never get to see who Connor ultimately hooks up with, as long as it's not crucial to the main story.Let's hope it's some nice handsome guy!
http://www.thegodboxproject.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Fingers-crossed1.jpg

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-01-2012, 04:40 AM
Sofia with Ezio was not entirely normal either. Surpirsed Captain ******beard even accepted it. *If you goto the AC wiki, you would know the term :p*
Uhh...Raton, I think Connor is straight...considering Desmond exists...while I would love a gay protagonist, I dont think it really works in AC. A modern day gay guy could work tho.

SixKeys
08-01-2012, 04:40 AM
Not an impossibility at all, but it's unfortunately somehow viewed as 'weird' when it's an older woman entering a relationship with a younger guy in our society. Ubisoft could think like that too......

Let's hope it's some nice handsome guy!
http://www.thegodboxproject.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Fingers-crossed1.jpg

It could have been different in those times, age-wise. I think back then people were more concerned about social and financial status than age (unless the woman absolutely had to be able to bear children).

A gay relationship is probably out of the question, I'm afraid. :nonchalance:

RatonhnhakeFan
08-01-2012, 04:44 AM
It could have been different in those times, age-wise. I think back then people were more concerned about social and financial status than age (unless the woman absolutely had to be able to bear children).Yeah but the game is made for modern audience so ehhh :/ Video games don't have the best record on going against stupid modern social disparities

A gay relationship is probably out of the question, I'm afraid. :nonchalance:More like 99.99% out of the question lol. But hey, that 00.01% chance is still enough for me till the game comes out :p

Uhh...Raton, I think Connor is straight...considering Desmond exists...Hush! Stop crushing my dreams! There's still hope left! :p

MasterSimaYi
08-01-2012, 11:40 AM
I... I don't even...

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-01-2012, 11:43 AM
I... I don't even...

You know, I saw it coming, that you and Raton would argue again.
Now I am expecting something having to do with the Shroud. Which I dont think works the way you think it does, Raton.
Anyways: I wonder how they will tie Connor/Aveline together....

MasterSimaYi
08-01-2012, 11:44 AM
You know, I saw it coming, that you and Raton would argue again.

Yes, because I am quoting and replying to something he said.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Well, knowing you two, and considering you guys argued about it before, it only makes sense in my mind.
Too be fair, my mind is not the best there is.
And if it turns out I was wrong...yeah.
Just, nevermind.

MangoCookies
08-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Aveline started to hype things up for the revolution, since she became active around 1768, while Connor is active during the revolutio (as far as we know).

I akways thought that Aveline is an older sister to Connor! :D

itsamea-mario
08-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Yeah but the game is made for modern audience so ehhh :/ Video games don't have the best record on going against stupid modern social disparities

More like 99.99% out of the question lol. But hey, that 00.01% chance is still enough for me till the game comes out :p

Hush! Stop crushing my dreams! There's still hope left! :p

Seriously, stop. Connor isn't gay.
And we get it, you are gay, you don't need to keep shoving it in our faces, we don't really care that you find Connor attractive, no one does, so STFU.

Serrachio
08-01-2012, 03:25 PM
And we get it, you are gay, you don't need to keep shoving it in our faces, we don't really care that you find Connor attractive, no one does, so STFU.

Better yet, Raton, take your imagination here: www.fanfiction.net
(http://www.fanfiction.net)
You might find someone who actually wants to listen to that sort of idea, and we won't have to put up with it, since it's neither constructive or needed.

freddie_1897
08-01-2012, 03:26 PM
bit harsh.

on another note, andy murrays girlfriend? yes please!

itsamea-mario
08-01-2012, 03:27 PM
bit harsh.

on another note, andy murrays girlfriend? yes please!

How is it harsh?

FirestarLuva
08-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I can consider myself lucky as a female gamer, can drool over anyone I want in the game! :P
Connor Kenway, Captain Connor Kenway - second, hottest, most awesome character I fangirl over...

http://i48.tinypic.com/1z68wo9.gif

AND the F****** game isn't even out yet!!

So don't give your hopes up boys, apart from Aveline, there might be some smexy female assassin in AC3 for you. :P

itsamea-mario
08-01-2012, 04:08 PM
I can consider myself lucky as a female gamer, can drool over anyone I want in the game! :P
Connor Kenway, Captain Connor Kenway - second, hottest, most awesome character I fangirl over...

http://i48.tinypic.com/1z68wo9.gif

AND the F****** game isn't even out yet!!

So don't give your hopes up boys, apart from Aveline, there might be some smexy female assassin in AC3 for you. :P

Yes you can, but we don't need to see it.

FirestarLuva
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Yes you can, but we don't need to see it.

Well, sorry, if I offended you or anyone else in some way. :/

rob.davies2014
08-01-2012, 04:52 PM
I don't see what the big deal is with speculating over Connor's sexuality. Given that he's Desmond's ancestor I believe he's heterosexual but there's nothing wrong with a bit of wishful thinking and it certainly doesn't merit a 'STFU'.
I think itsamea-mario should apologise, RatonhnhakeFan wasn't shoving anything in our faces.

Serrachio
08-01-2012, 04:57 PM
I don't see what the big deal is with speculating over Connor's sexuality. Given that he's Desmond's ancestor I believe he's heterosexual but there's nothing wrong with a bit of wishful thinking and it certainly doesn't merit a 'STFU'.
I think itsamea-mario should apologise, RatonhnhakeFan wasn't shoving anything in our faces.

Has there been anything to speculate on Connor's sexuality? Because I haven't seen anything to that effect so far.

Whenever Raton posts anything about Connor, it's always "I think Connor is sexy, and I'm a man, therefore I'm gay and I want you all to know it."

Big deal, he's gay, but I don't really need to see about how much he loves Connor and whether or not he touches himself to a virtual character at night.

freddie_1897
08-01-2012, 05:00 PM
what is connor is a female pretending to be a man and turns out to be a lesbian who's real mother is aveline and his father is actually christopher columbus?

take a moment to take that all in

Serrachio
08-01-2012, 05:02 PM
what is connor is a female pretending to be a man and turns out to be a lesbian who's real mother is aveline and his father is actually christopher columbus?

take a moment to take that all in

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/312/372/c6e.jpg

itsamea-mario
08-01-2012, 05:03 PM

Why would i want to apologise? that might imply i didn't mean what i said, when i do.
I would act the same if it was a straight male who never stopped talking about how attractive they found a female character, or a female talking about a male character, nobody needs to know that that stuff, i doubt many people wan to know.
I'm not going to dance around Ratfan because he's gay and we're supposed to be tolerant of everyone's sexual orientation, i don't dislike him because he's gay, i dislike him because he rarely contributes to anything that isn't to do with how hot he finds Connor.

freddie_1897
08-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Why would i want to apologise? that might imply i didn't mean what i said, when i do.
I would act the same if it was a straight male who never stopped talking about how attractive they found a female character, or a female talking about a male character, nobody needs to know that that stuff, i doubt many people wan to know.
I'm not going to dance around Ratfan because he's gay and we're supposed to be tolerant of anybodies sexual orientation, i don't dislike him because he's gay, i dislike him because he rarely contributes to anything that isn't to do with how hot he finds Connor.
i find you attractive :rolleyes:

itsamea-mario
08-01-2012, 05:05 PM
i find you attractive :rolleyes:

Well that is of course an exception..

freddie_1897
08-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Well that is of course an exception..
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n542/Britsky93/DSCF0570.jpg

i need a moment to take you in!

itsamea-mario
08-01-2012, 05:13 PM
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n542/Britsky93/DSCF0570.jpg

i need a moment to take you in!

You went a found that did you?

RatonhnhakeFan
08-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Connor isn't gay.[citation needed]

And we get it, you are gay, you don't need to keep shoving it in our faces, we don't really care that you find Connor attractive, no one does, so STFU.I will "shove it" exactly as much in everyone's faces as everyone's showing 'straightness' in my face. Nobody even blinks when "Aveline and Connor will be a coupe yay!" suggestion gets brought up, so no one has any right to complain if I or anyone else suggest "Connor + a guy yay!". Next time use your brain before you open your mouth.

Better yet, Raton, take your imagination here: www.fanfiction.net
(http://www.fanfiction.net)
You might find someone who actually wants to listen to that sort of idea, and we won't have to put up with it, since it's neither constructive or needed.Did I miss "Ubisoft Forums: Owned by Serrachio & co" sign anywhere when I was registering here? Nope! This is a forum for all Assassin's Creed fans with many different ideas, speculations and whatnot. Don't like some ideas/speculations/interpretations being posted/brought up by other fans? Too bad. You're not alone in the sandbox and you won't be dictating what's gonna get discussed/brought up or not. If you want that, go open your own forum where you won't have to "put up" with anything and anyone you won't like.

itsamea-mario
08-01-2012, 05:18 PM
[citation needed]

I will "shove it" exactly as much in everyone's faces as everyone's showing 'straightness' in my face. Nobody even blinks when "Aveline and Connor will be a coupe yay!" suggestion gets brought up, so no one has any right to complain if I or anyone else suggest "Connor + a guy yay!". Next time use your brain before you open your mouth.

Did I miss "Ubisoft Forums: Owned by Serrachio & co" sign anywhere when I was registering here? Nope! This is a forum for all Assassin's Creed fans with many different ideas, speculations and whatnot. Don't like some ideas/speculations/interpretations being posted/brought up by other fans? Too bad. You're not alone in the sandbox and you won't be dictating what's gonna get discussed/brought up or not. If you want that, go open your own forum where you won't have to "put up" with anything and anyone you won't like.

No one is shoving straightness down your throat. Connor and Aveline is a suggestion, a fairly rational one, since male/female relations are far more common in history.
Obviously there are problems with that relationship due to ages, but no one is suggesting it purely because they want it to happen, they're just throwing around ideas based on the information they have.

You have absolutely NO information backing your suggestions, only what YOU want.

freddie_1897
08-01-2012, 05:28 PM
if its a gay relationship, then connor can't have children, and if he doesn't have children then desmond wouldn't be here.

playassassins1
08-01-2012, 05:35 PM
[citation needed] .

Seriously, stop it. He isn't gay, done.Deal with it. If he was gay, they would have already said it....

And why are you so fed up with all the gay stuff? Are you gay? Do you have gay friends? I don't get it.

value_zero
08-01-2012, 05:37 PM
"In assassins we trust".. hah

RatonhnhakeFan
08-01-2012, 05:41 PM
No one is shoving straightness down your throat. Connor and Aveline is a suggestionNow replace the word "Aveline" with "a guy" and tell me how am I shoving gayness down your throat huh? Exactly, I'm not. And if I am, then it means straightness is getting shoved down my throat just as much and since everybody's equally annoying, no one should complain about the other. This whole "stop shoving gayness down our throats nooo!!!" hissy fit you and many other people have (both here and in real life) whenever someone says anything concerning 'teh gay' is just stupid display of intolerance. You didn't criticize me to "stop talking about Connor and his potential relationship/love life!" or anything general like you claim you would just as well if anyone brought up "Connor & a hot girl!", you focused precisely on the gay aspect of my post and personally on me being gay (what does it have to do with AC3? NOTHING!) letting everyone know how much you don't like to hear about it and what exactly the problem is. Not fooling anyone dude.

Not to mention, the fact that I posted a comic pic of a little girl crossing her fingers as if she's praying mommy gets her a big Barbie castle on Christmas should be rather obvious that my post was humorous, just like "Hush!" with a ":p" smilie to Hasooon, just like Hasooon joking to me in the other thread that he thought I would write "staring at Ratonhnhaké:ton for 3 hours". We clearly weren't dead serious, but you were looking for an excuse to insult me and have an argument.

a fairly rational one, since male/female relations are far more common in history.
Obviously there are problems with that relationship due to ages, but no one is suggesting it purely because they want it to happen, they're just throwing around ideas based on the information they have.

You have absolutely NO information backing your suggestions, only what YOU want.In one of the podcast someone from Ubisoft actually said "Urhm no I don't think Connor has a girlfriend". There was nothing to suggest Aveline and Ratonhnhaké:ton will hook up so what "information" these ideas are based on? None. Just pure fun speculation and that's it. No one has a problem with it, neither not I, we've discussed it in this very thread (including the discussion on potential age difference between him and Aveline). But "Ratonhnhaké:ton and a guy" (in a partially humorous post)? Ohhh noes! Quick! Someone insult RatonFan and tell him we don't want to hear that! Ridiculous

SaintPerkele
08-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Enough with the homsexuality and attractiveness discussion already, the real question is: Why are there Americans fighting against Americans in the background of the cover? :O

itsamea-mario
08-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Now replace the word "Aveline" with "a guy" and tell me how am I shoving gayness down your throat huh? Exactly, I'm not. And if I am, then it means straightness is getting shoved down my throat just as much and since everybody's equally annoying, no one should complain about the other. This whole "stop shoving gayness down our throats nooo!!!" hissy fit you and many other people have (both here and in real life) whenever someone says anything concerning 'teh gay' is just stupid display of intolerance. You didn't criticize me to "stop talking about Connor and his potential relationship/love life!" or anything general like you claim you would just as well if anyone brought up "Connor & a hot girl!", you focused precisely on the gay aspect of my post and personally on me being gay (what does it have to do with AC3? NOTHING!) letting everyone know how much you don't like to hear about it and what exactly the problem is. Not fooling anyone dude.

Not to mention, the fact that I posted a comic pic of a little girl crossing her fingers as if she's praying mommy gets her a big Barbie castle on Christmas should be rather obvious that my post was humorous, just like "Hush!" with a ":p" smilie to Hasooon, just like Hasooon joking to me in the other thread that he thought I would write "staring at Ratonhnhaké:ton for 3 hours". We clearly weren't dead serious, but you were looking for an excuse to insult me and have an argument.

In one of the podcast someone from Ubisoft actually said "Urhm no I don't think Connor has a girlfriend". There was nothing to suggest Aveline and Ratonhnhaké:ton will hook up so what "information" these ideas are based on? None. Just pure fun speculation and that's it. No one has a problem with it, neither not I, we've discussed it in this very thread (including the discussion on potential age difference between him and Aveline). But "Ratonhnhaké:ton and a guy" (in a partially humorous post)? Ohhh noes! Quick! Someone insult RatonFan and tell him we don't want to hear that! Ridiculous

It's not connor's gayness your shoving down peoples throats, it's your own, all you ever talk about is how attractive you find connor. Straight men who act like that are called chauvinistic pigs and such. But you're gay so it's alright?

Did they say he has a boyfriend? no, they didn't.
Information for Connor and Aveline? Well, they both exist in the AC universe at the same time, they're both assassins so there's a chance they could meet, Ubisoft really want to please as many people as possible, having a gay protagonist is unlikely to do that. In order to have children, Connor needs to have sex with a woman, Aveline is a woman.
Information for Connor and 'guy'. Connor and 'guy' exist in AC universe, It would show how diverse and sensitive Ubisoft can be? Plus you want it of course.

I don't think connor will have a sexual relationship with Aveline, But it's far more likely than Connor makin' babies with Gearoge Washington. But I don't need to know how Hot you think connor is, no one does, and i don't think many people want to, except perhaps all those hormonal girls who seem to congregate around AC.

And i think we're taking this thread off topic...

Serrachio
08-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Given how much you go on about how much you think Connor is hot and gorgeous in almost all of your posts, you can't blame us for being annoyed.

I don't hate gay people, but I don't need others going on and on about their sexuality, as if they think they're special for being different, or commonly accepted. Fact is, they're not. Braggarts are often regarded as *********s, and that isn't restricted to physical prowess or sexual orientation.

Good, you like Connor. Great, you think he's attractive. But I don't need to hear it more than once.

Personally, I don't care about if Connor was straight or gay (despite the latter being unlikely), so seeing people going on and on about Connor and Aveline because one is a guy and one is a girl, so that automatically means "OMG love interest!" is equally frustrating.

I'm not trying to single you out because of your sexuality. You just need to stop coming up with stuff with no credibility, and stop repeating how infatuated you are with Connor, a virtual character, because it's bound to make others feel uncomfortable.

Finally, just so you know, I'd equally say this to a fangirl.

MasterSimaYi
08-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Another discussion involving RatonhnhakeFan. That's weird. While I don't want to get into this, I do want to point out a few things though.

We clearly weren't dead serious, but you were looking for an excuse to insult me and have an argument.

Contrary to what you may think, I don't think there is anyone "looking for" an "excuse" to get into an argument with you. People can actually genuinely disagree with you or get annoyed by you. It's not all a conspiracy against you.

"Ubisoft Forums: Owned by Serrachio & co"

I find this to be an irony, since you act like you can say whatever you want here and that everyone just has to respect it, while you don't show any respect to others by just posting whatever you want to do while not taking other people's opinions into consideration.

In one of the podcast someone from Ubisoft actually said "Urhm no I don't think Connor has a girlfriend".

They didn't say "girlfriend" though, they said "love interest." And even if they did, that doesn't mean he has a boyfriend.

Seriously, stop it. He isn't gay, done.Deal with it. If he was gay, they would have already said it....

RatonhnhakeFan does have a point, it isn't stated yet. While it is highly unlikely, you can't say he is one or the other at this point.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-01-2012, 06:17 PM
It's not connor's gayness your shoving down peoples throats, it's your own, all you ever talk about is how attractive you find connor.This doesn't even make sense. How do you shove "gayness" by saying someone is attractive? Seriously dude, do you even still think about what you write? Just drop this pretense that this is about anything but your own stupid intolerance. You're were looking to pick up an argument and tell me how much it bothers you, bravo you did it, don't try cover up now. You're transparent. That's one. Two - I've discussed everything and anything AC here already, and I've got post history to prove it so stop lying (along with Serrachio). I sure do bring it up, don't see any harm in it, because I also bring up and discuss the qualities of his character and tons of other subjects. You're just bothered by it because I'm a guy.

Straight men who act like that are called chauvinistic pigs and such. But you're gay so it's alright? Straight guys gets called like that when they treat women like they're worse then men. You don't even know what's you're talking about lol.

I don't think connor will have a sexual relationship with Aveline, But it's far more likely than Connor makin' babies with Gearoge Washington. But I don't need to know how Hot you think connor is, no one does, and i don't think many people want to, except perhaps all those hormonal girls who seem to congregate around AC.I didn't see you whining when female forum members were talking about his good looks. Once you get rid of these double-standards, I will treat your opinion seriously

And i think we're taking this thread off topic...No kidding? Guess who's fault is that?

I find this to be an irony, since you act like you can say whatever you want here and that everyone just has to respect it, while you don't show any respect to others by just posting whatever you want to do while not taking other people's opinions into consideration.And what I'm supposed to take into consideration here? That Mario & co never complain when someone straight compliments opposite sex or suggest/speculates on straight relationships but they don't like to hear about 'teh gay'? Yes, I won't take double-standards into consideration.

They didn't say "girlfriend" though, they said "love interest." And even if they did, that doesn't mean he has a boyfriend.Of course it doesn't, I didn't say it does. I countered his argument that people are basing "Connor + Aveline" on some sort of good clues/actual information already released by devs. Nothing was released. It's all just fun speculation for now. But only what I suggested got criticized like that. That's weird.

Gil_217
08-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm not trying to belitlle or devalue gay people but do you (Ratonfan) really believe Ubisoft will make one of their primary and most important characters gay in one of their most important games? No, just no, whether you like it or not and I'm just saying this in order for you to not get too disappointed. Not to mention that it's completely unnecessary and it will only cause controversy and criticism. It will not happen.

notafanboy
08-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Let's hope it's some nice handsome guy!

nah, i´ve got a better ideá...lets hope that Aveline hooks up with another hot chick ! Now that´s an ideá !!!

MasterSimaYi
08-01-2012, 06:23 PM
I didn't see you whining when female forum members were talking about his good looks. Once you get rid of these double-standards, I will treat your opinion seriously

And what I'm supposed to take into consideration here? That Mario & co never complain when someone straight compliments opposite sex or suggest/speculates on straight relationships but they don't like to hear about 'teh gay'? Yes, I won't take double-standards into consideration.

However, just because you have never seen him call female forum members out on their fangirlism, and I don't think that you go through all of his posts every day on every website he is on, does not mean he never does or did. That's just filling in the blanks with your own assumption and you can't use that as an argument. If you look back at page 2 or 3...

Gil_217
08-01-2012, 06:33 PM
@ Sima

Completly off-topic but since you work in the Assassin's Creed Wiki do you know why Connor's year-birth (1755) was removed? since it was already shown by Ubisoft that 1755 is indeed his year-birth.

itsamea-mario
08-01-2012, 06:34 PM
This doesn't even make sense. How do you shove "gayness" by saying someone is attractive? Seriously dude, do you even still think about what you write? Just drop this pretense that this is about anything but your own stupid intolerance. You're were looking to pick up an argument and tell me how much it bothers you, bravo you did it, don't try cover up now. You're transparent. That's one. Two - I've discussed everything and anything AC here already, and I've got post history to prove it so stop lying (along with Serrachio). I sure do bring it up, don't see any harm in it, because I also bring up and discuss the qualities of his character and tons of other subjects. You're just bothered by it because I'm a guy.

Straight guys gets called like that when they treat women like they're worse then men. You don't even know what's you're talking about lol.

I didn't see you whining when female forum members were talking about his good looks. Once you get rid of these double-standards, I will treat your opinion seriously

No kidding? Guess who's fault is that?

And what I'm supposed to take into consideration here? That Mario & co never complain when someone straight compliments opposite sex or suggest/speculates on straight relationships but they don't like to hear about 'teh gay'? Yes, I won't take double-standards into consideration.

Of course it doesn't, I didn't say it does. I countered his argument that people are basing "Connor + Aveline" on some sort of good clues/actual information already released by devs. Nothing was released. It's all just fun speculation for now. But only what I suggested got criticized like that. That's weird.

It's not that you say it, it's how often you say it.
I don't have a problem with you because you're homosexual, i have a problem with you because you never shut up about it.
As for the fangirl thing, well sor far none of them have talked nonstop about how attractive they find a protagonist, sure they say it every now and then, but nowhere near as far as you. and did you not notice me having a go at firestarluva when she started going on about it?

MasterSimaYi
08-01-2012, 06:35 PM
@ Sima

Completly off-topic but since you work in the Assassin's Creed Wiki do you know why Connor's year-birth (1755) was removed? since it was already shown by Ubisoft that 1755 is indeed his year-birth.

They showed it once as 1755 in one video, but in a lot of other sources it is said that the game begins in 1753. Thus it hasn't been cleared up yet, and because users were also conflicted about his date of birth, I simply removed it some time ago until the matter is cleared up.

Assassin_M
08-01-2012, 06:38 PM
On a speculation basis, such was supposed to, Connor CANNOT be gay for several reasons.

1- Desmond.
2- If he was then im sure they would`v said by now.
3- It doesn't make sense in the Universe of AC III, this is not a game about.. say .. Gay Prosecution.

/discussion. NOW MOVE ON !!

Gil_217
08-01-2012, 06:40 PM
They showed it once as 1755 in one video, but in a lot of other sources it is said that the game begins in 1753. Thus it hasn't been cleared up yet, and because users were also conflicted about his date of birth, I simply removed it some time ago until the matter is cleared up.

Ok, thank you.

SixKeys
08-01-2012, 06:44 PM
On a speculation basis, such was supposed to, Connor CANNOT be gay for several reasons.

1- Desmond.
2- If he was then im sure they would`v said by now.
3- It doesn't make sense in the Universe of AC III, this is not a game about.. say .. Gay Prosecution.

/discussion. NOW MOVE ON !!

He could be bi. :p

Anyway, moving on....

RatonhnhakeFan
08-01-2012, 06:45 PM
do you (Ratonfan) really believe Ubisoft will make one of their primary and most important characters gay in one of their most important games?No, I don't really think it's likely at all and I've said it in the past already. Which is why I posted the over-the-top pic of a little girl crossing her fingers, to poke fun at my own wishful thinking half-joking with Hasoon since I'm very well aware for 99.99% it ain't gonna happen.

nah, i´ve got a better ideá...lets hope that Aveline hooks up with another hot chick ! Now that´s an ideá !!!Why not? :cool:

However, just because you have never seen him call female forum members out on their fangirlism, and I don't think that you go through all of his posts every day on every website he is on, does not mean he never does or did. That's just filling in the blanks with your own assumption and you can't use that as an argument. If you look back at page 2 or 3...You may call it 'filling in blanks', but the fact is I've never seen him or anyone else throwing such a fit like he did and going personally on someone's sexuality, talking about 'shoving straightness' into faces, on anyone straight complementing opposite sex/bringing up a straight relationship idea between AC characters. Did you? Did you see people telling "STFU" to other people when they suggested "ohh maybe Ezio will hook up with this and that girl? :O"?

Assassin_M
08-01-2012, 06:50 PM
No, I don't really think it's likely at all and I've said it in the past already. Which is why I posted the over-the-top pic of a little girl crossing her fingers, to poke fun at my own wishful thinking half-joking with Hasoon since I'm very well aware for 99.99% it ain't gonna happen.

Why not? :cool:

You may call it 'filling in blanks', but the fact is I've never seen him or anyone else throwing such a fit like he did and going personally on someone's sexuality, talking about 'shoving straightness' into faces, on anyone straight complementing opposite sex/bringing up a straight relationship idea between AC characters. Did you? Did you see people telling "STFU" to other people when they suggested "ohh maybe Ezio will hook up with this and that girl? :O"?
Mate, just drop it k ? this isnt a topic about sexuality, both of you..

again, MOVE ON !!

MT4K
08-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Ok guys knock it off already :-/

On topic - I think Aveline and Connor look great standing next to each other like that :D. Pretty cool to see them on the cover of magazines and things.

MasterSimaYi
08-01-2012, 06:53 PM
You may call it 'filling in blanks', but the fact is I've never seen him or anyone else throwing such a fit like he did and going personally on someone's sexuality, talking about 'shoving straightness' into faces, on anyone straight complementing opposite sex/bringing up a straight relationship idea between AC characters. Did you? Did you see people telling "STFU" to other people when they suggested "ohh maybe Ezio will hook up with this and that girl? :O"?

No, I didn't, but I'm not saying that he never does either. I don't go on the forums every day or go through all forum threads, so that's not so surprising either. This has nothing to do with the point I made either, in that you can't use assumption or presumption as a solid argument.

BraxtonNelson
08-01-2012, 06:58 PM
[comment removed]

rob.davies2014
08-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Has anyone bought the issue yet? If so could you tell us if there's any new info/pics? :)

Mr_Shade
08-01-2012, 07:06 PM
lets get back on the topic please...

Sexual orientation is not the topic .. so lets not start raging..

RatonhnhakeFan
08-01-2012, 07:11 PM
And you people wonder why i voted for prop 8. Geeeeeeeeeeeeez Its not even because your gay its cause your irritating. And you wont shut up!
I'm just quoting it for others (in case you try to edit) to see. Asking/hoping for equality/representation and/or bringing up the lack of it is classified as irritating and a good enough reason to vote for legislation that classifies a group of people who did not harm anyone else, and were (and still are unfortunately) often historically treated horribly in many parts of the world, as second-class citizens.

connor_bg
08-01-2012, 07:13 PM
50 shades of ghay! i remember this guy posted a picture of connor half naked... involving shades of pink and shuet...

Assassin_M
08-01-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm just quoting it for others (in case you try to edit) to see. Asking/hoping for equality/representation and/or bringing up the lack of it is classified as irritating and a good enough reason to vote for legislation that classifies a group of people who did not harm anyone else, and were (and still are unfortunately) often historically treated horribly in many parts of the world, as second-class citizens.
Just drop it, mate..

Mr_Shade
08-01-2012, 07:26 PM
The forums is not the place for any political agenda's or discussion's about sexual orientation.

Lets get back on topic, without the orientation focused angle.

Many groups use these forums,however please remember not everyone will agree with your point of view, so in those cases, you need to tone down the discussion - otherwise you may seem a little militant.

If you wish to discuss this further - please PM me.

MetalCreed
08-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Back in the days, I doubt younger men married older women, I'm pretty sure it was the other way around.

On topic- so will the magazine reveal anything new?

MT4K
08-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Back in the days, I doubt younger men married older women, I'm pretty sure it was the other way around.

On topic- so will the magazine reveal anything new?

Hopefully it will contain something new. Even if it's just some new pictures :D.

Gil_217
08-01-2012, 08:51 PM

Just one thing Sima, just because Ubisoft says the game starts in 1753 that does not mean that Connor was born in that year. The game can start in 1753, before Connor was born. It does not necessarily mean he was born in the year the game starts, and that's what's gonna happen.

MasterSimaYi
08-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Just one thing Sima, just because Ubisoft says the game starts in 1753 that does not mean that Connor was born in that year. The game can start in 1753, before Connor was born. It does not necessarily mean he was born in the year the game starts, and that's what's gonna happen.

A "might" does not clear it up. Have to be 100% sure.

Gil_217
08-01-2012, 09:09 PM

Alright.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-01-2012, 10:00 PM

Yes, but technically, since it was never classified by Ubisoft as a 'mistake', it kind of does remain as an "official information". I mean, in the end it was in an official video Ubisoft sent to various media/press outlets in gaming industry.

Meh, I asked about the birth year in that Kotaku chat but Alex didn't pick that question :p

De Filosoof
08-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Maybe Connor gets children with a woman but ****s a guy when she's not around because he's actually gay. Who knows, it's all possible.

connor_bg
08-01-2012, 10:22 PM
So this is how De filosoof looks like.
(bow)

You make great videos, but you dare to think that way about him :D:D Dont make me think bad things for you either.

MasterSimaYi
08-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Yes, but technically, since it was never classified by Ubisoft as a 'mistake', it kind of does remain as an "official information". I mean, in the end it was in an official video Ubisoft sent to various media/press outlets in gaming industry.

Meh, I asked about the birth year in that Kotaku chat but Alex didn't pick that question :p

Yes, but the 1755 source didn't refute all those news article saying the game took place in 1753 either. Personally I'm believing in the 1755 date, but since it's still vague and not cleared up, putting it on the Wiki would be assuming that one source is wrong while the other is right. Which is why I think it would be better to wait for 100% confirmation for either date.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Why did everyone turn a simple joke into....this?
Why so serious?
Back on topic: I gotta wonder, how different will Liberation/ACIII be in terms of mechanics?

MasterSimaYi
08-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Why so serious?

...This really was super lame. :P

Gil_217
08-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Yes, but the 1755 source didn't refute all those news article saying the game took place in 1753 either. Personally I'm believing in the 1755 date, but since it's still vague and not cleared up, putting it on the Wiki would be assuming that one source is wrong while the other is right. Which is why I think it would be better to wait for 100% confirmation for either date.

But we don't have to assume that one source is right and the other is wrong since they can be both correct. Like I said before, the game can start in 1753 (like Ubisoft stated), before Connor's birth for whatever reason, and Connor's year-birth can still perfectly be 1755 (like Ubisoft showed in a video). I don't see how one thing contradicts the other. You are assuming that the game starts in the year Connor is born, but we have no reason whatsoever to assume that.

MasterSimaYi
08-01-2012, 11:37 PM
but we have no reason whatsoever to assume that.

Well, considering that it has never happened before, I think there is plenty of reason to assume that's not the case.

Gil_217
08-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Well, considering that it has never happened before, I think there is plenty of reason to assume that's not the case.

LOLwhat?? What kind of logic is that? Just because nothing like this happened that means it's not gonna happen? even when Ubisoft already said the game starts in 1753 and Connor was born in 1755? So, I am supposed to belive they somehow screwed up the year the game starts. No, just no. I don't even know what else to say to you.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Arguing with Sima is like arguing with Albert about E=MC Sqaured.
Just saying~
I think this all ties into the whole Charles Lee thing. Maybe they are following him at first for some reason?
I just dont know why.

MasterSimaYi
08-01-2012, 11:59 PM
LOLwhat?? What kind of logic is that? Just because nothing like this happened that means it's not gonna happen?

If you closely read what I said, you will realize I said nothing of the sort. What I said is that it's more likely not to happen than that it would, since it's never happened before. Not that it won't happen. If I meant that, I would have just said so. And seeing as I have already been saying that we can't say one or the other, why would I?

even when Ubisoft already said the game starts in 1753 and Connor was born in 1755? So, I am supposed to belive they somehow screwed up the year the game starts.

Because Ubisoft can't make mistakes or change things. They said initially that AC2 would end in 1503, but they later changed it to 1499. I find it more likely that it's a screw up like with the spelling of the name Ratonhnhaké:ton or that Connor's birth date changed, rather than us playing as one of his parents in those two specific years.

No, just no. I don't even know what else to say to you.

Then don't say anything.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Well, considering that it has never happened before?Huh? AC1 didn't start in a year Altair was born. Year start = year born actually happened only once, in AC2.

Gil_217
08-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Then don't say anything.

I will follow your advice! It's undoubtedly the best thing to do.

Huh? AC1 didn't start in a year Altair was born. Year start = year born actually happened only once, in AC2.

He was saying that the historical part never started before the ancestor was born.

MasterSimaYi
08-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Huh? AC1 didn't start in a year Altair was born. Year start = year born actually happened only once, in AC2.

I'm not saying that the year the protagonist is born is when the games starts either, but AC1 started after Altaďr was born, not before, thus the whole "playing as one of his parents" thing doesn't come into play.

Not to mention that playing as one of his parents wouldn't make sense. Desmond never could simply go and relive the later memories of a person, he always had to build up synchronization, so for that we would have to start at an earlier point in the lives of one of his parents. Not to mention that Connor is the one whose memories Desmond has to relive, so I don't even see why Desmond would go to one of his parents first instead. The objective is finding out whatever to do whatever with the Grand Temple, which is in Connor's memories, not in one of his parents'.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-02-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm not saying that the year the protagonist is born is when the games starts either, but AC1 started after Altaďr was born, not before, thus the whole "playing as one of his parents" thing doesn't come into play. True.

Not to mention that playing as one of his parents wouldn't make sense. Desmond never could simply go and relive the later memories of a person, he always had to build up synchronization, so for that we would have to start at an earlier point in the lives of one of his parents. I thought about that too, but then but Desmond jumped into Altair's memories when Altair was 26. In 1753, Charles Lee (if he is his father) would be just 21 (Ratonhnhaké:ton's mother would probably be similar age) so even younger and easier to jump in than Altair. And even with Ezio, we did a 17 years jump from birth to teenage years.

Not to mention that Connor is the one whose memories Desmond has to relive, so I don't even see why Desmond would go to one of his parents first instead. This is the thing that most bugs me about the entire 1753-1755 thing. But then again, for all we know it could be just a pretty, short cutscene happening in 1753 with his father arriving to America on a boat to give this kind of "welcome to a new continent/adventure" hollywood feeling and then boom, we jump to 1755. Doesn't have to be gameplay at all.

The objective is finding out whatever to do whatever with the Grand Temple, which is in Connor's memories, not in one of his parents'.Was this confirmed somewhere?

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 12:33 AM
True.
Was this confirmed somewhere?

I would say it is very safe to assume that it is indeed within Connor's story that we learn more about the Grand Temple considering he's the main character within the ancestor storyline.

MasterSimaYi
08-02-2012, 12:34 AM
I thought about that too, but then but Desmond jumped into Altair's memories when Altair was 26. In 1753, Charles Lee (if he is his father) would be just 21 (Ratonhnhaké:ton's mother would probably be similar age) so even younger and easier to jump in than Altair. And even with Ezio, we did a 17 years jump from birth to teenage years.

Yes, but with Altaďr they tried to jump straight to the final target memory too at the start, but it didn't work because Desmond needed to be more synched to Altaďr first. They didn't try that with Ezio in AC2, probably because they didn't know when the target memory happened, but I assume that there wasn't much synchronization needed to skip to when Ezio was 17. They tried skipping to the final memory again at the beginning of ACB, again without success because Desmond needed to be more synched with Ezio. I'm quite sure any synchronization with this parent of Connor's would be needed, even if it meant starting one year or several months prior to whatever relevant thing started in 1753.

This is the thing that most bugs me about the entire 1753-1755 thing. But then again, for all we know it could be just a pretty, short cutscene happening in 1753 with his father arriving to America on a boat to give this kind of "welcome to a new continent/adventure" hollywood feeling and then boom, we jump to 1755. Doesn't have to be gameplay at all.

I assume that may be possible. But if that's the case, how would Desmond, William, Shaun and/or Rebecca know that this particular memory/scene happened and why would they go through the effort of synching into that parent's life just for the sake of seeing that? It just seems like more of a plot hole to me, but I guess it's possible. Just don't think I'll be very satisfied with it.

And if they skipped ahead to the scene when Connor was born, only to skip ahead AGAIN to the year his village was destroyed (or some time close to it) would make for quite a clunky sequence, I think.

Was this confirmed somewhere?

I've read it several times, but I can't point you to any of these sources. It's really the most obvious reason too.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Yes, but with Altaďr they tried to jump straight to the final target memory too at the start, but it didn't work because Desmond needed to be more synched to Altaďr first.But my point is that in the end, they jumped into Altair at 26, without any prior synchro from those previous 26 years of life. So I don't see any reason why they couldn't do it with someone else at 21.

I assume that may be possible. But if that's the case, how would Desmond, William, Shaun and/or Rebecca know that this particular memory/scene happened and why would they go through the effort of synching into that parent's life just for the sake of seeing that? It just seems like more of a plot hole to me, but I guess it's possible. Just don't think I'll be very satisfied with it.They could be tons of story explanations for that. #1 - Desmond & co ain't actually aware of Ratonhnhaké:ton. For whatever reason, they think they need to follow Charles Lee to America but then surprise! He has kids! #2 - The birth was so super traumatic and hard for poor Ratonhnhaké:ton that we need to synch with mommy and daddy first before birth and pregnancy to relieve the process without desynching. These are just 2 I came up with in 5 seconds, I'm sure professional writers would have 827563 more ideas and much better too. My point is that I don't know really. I'm guessing but they could come up with millions of different reasons why we need to relieve 2 years of his parent(s). They create the story, they can do whatever they want, they can introduce new plot elements, new magical objects, new character that give new info all they want.

And if they skipped ahead to the scene when Connor was born, only to skip ahead AGAIN to the year his village was destroyed (or some time close to it) would make for quite a clunky sequence, I think.Agree. However, cinematic-wise, it's all about execution. Proper editing and cutting could make it great (or suck). But it ain't even sure if we will see the birth scene. ACTUALLY, I will try to find the source since it was very recently, but I read in one of the interviews with devs that it's the village burning that's the opening scene I think.

I've read it several times, but I can't point you to any of these sources. It's really the most obvious reason too.It is quite expected reason and I expect it too, but I've never read a statement like that from any dev anywhere.

MasterSimaYi
08-02-2012, 09:22 AM
But my point is that in the end, they jumped into Altair at 26, without any prior synchro from those previous 26 years of life. So I don't see any reason why they couldn't do it with someone else at 21.

They could, but that would just be easy writing. Raises more questions for how convenient it would be and why it couldn't be done for Brotherhood, given that we already had so much synchronization with Ezio.

They could be tons of story explanations for that. #1 - Desmond & co ain't actually aware of Ratonhnhaké:ton. For whatever reason, they think they need to follow Charles Lee to America but then surprise! He has kids! #2 - The birth was so super traumatic and hard for poor Ratonhnhaké:ton that we need to synch with mommy and daddy first before birth and pregnancy to relieve the process without desynching. These are just 2 I came up with in 5 seconds, I'm sure professional writers would have 827563 more ideas and much better too. My point is that I don't know really. I'm guessing but they could come up with millions of different reasons why we need to relieve 2 years of his parent(s). They create the story, they can do whatever they want, they can introduce new plot elements, new magical objects, new character that give new info all they want.

Firstly I'm not a believer in the whole "Charles Lee" is his father thing just for the fact that at this point all people in Desmond's lineage are fictional people, and I don't really expect that to change soon. Both those explanations just sound very poor to me. Why did they know about Charles Lee and not Connor? Why would they know Charles Lee is related to Connor and why would they think he has something to do with the Grand Temple, when all other people in the revolution didn't have anything to do with it either? The Assassins have databases, and so do Abstergo and they have proven to be not be very difficult to break into, so them not knowing about Connor or having no references to him seems unlikely to me. And I don't understand how synchronizing with one of his parents, especially his dad, would help in that second explanation; that just seems very random. They could indeed come up with a lot of reasons, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. If it's hard to explain, then you've usually lost as a writer. And by "new plot elements, new magical objects" I assume you mean things like the Memory Seals... just no.

Agree. However, cinematic-wise, it's all about execution. Proper editing and cutting could make it great (or suck). But it ain't even sure if we will see the birth scene. ACTUALLY, I will try to find the source since it was very recently, but I read in one of the interviews with devs that it's the village burning that's the opening scene I think.

That would mean that the game would indeed start in 1753, and that Connor was already in his 10s at that point... Which doesn't sound unlikely, but it also means that the whole 1755 thing is a screw up. In any case, I do think that it's all just a mistake. Plus, if the 1755 thing is true and if you think about it, journalists could easily mistake "1755" for "1753" and it could spread like a virus. :p

LoyalACFan
08-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Well, I'm going to throw my two cents into the birth date debate. I'm assuming that the village burns down when Connor is this age;

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120412191846/assassinscreed/images/thumb/e/e8/Ac3_ca_sp_08_connor.jpg/139px-Ac3_ca_sp_08_connor.jpg

which, I'm going to guess, is roughly 15. We also know that he joined the Assassins in 1770 because of the fire. If he joined in 1770 when he was 15, that would put his birth in 1755, as we were told. Of course, we don't know if he joined RIGHT after the fire, or if he did some traveling in between, but it seems to fit nicely with the dates we've been given, and he looks to be in his early 20s in the Frontier demo (set in 1778). I'm not sure why the 1755 date was taken down, since it doesn't really seem like that much of a spoiler, but Alex has been very careful about things like that. He didn't even want to release Connor's surname, but it was leaked. I'm willing to bet the 1753 date was a mistake.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:53 AM
He said there is a last ''European'' name out there that is a spoiler, and is on the internet.
I researched everything, cant find a Kenway in the Revolution.
Charles Lee, anybody?

MasterSimaYi
08-02-2012, 11:19 AM
He said there is a last ''European'' name out there that is a spoiler, and is on the internet.
I researched everything, cant find a Kenway in the Revolution.
Charles Lee, anybody?

Well, seeing as all people in Desmond's lineage are fictional so far, you can assume there's a good chance Connor's father is too. If that's the case, you won't find any Kenway in historical references because he's fictional. 80% of the characters in the game are historical, but the last 20% needs to be filled up with fictional characters.

Perhaps we will meet a man named Kenway somewhere in the game, and later find out it's his father? A scenario like that wouldn't surprise me.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 11:25 AM
That reminded me...the guy he was talking to in the trailer? with his hood down?
His father?

MasterSimaYi
08-02-2012, 11:41 AM
That reminded me...the guy he was talking to in the trailer? with his hood down?
His father?

Wasn't clear enough to really say, but at first glance I was under the impression it was Washington, but that's most likely just my own imagination.

FirestarLuva
08-02-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure why the 1755 date was taken down, since it doesn't really seem like that much of a spoiler, but Alex has been very careful about things like that.

My guess would be, it was taken down because then people will do some research and find out Charles Lee had kids in 1755 and the whole 'who is Connor's father' thing would be spoiled even before the game is out. And that video was out in february/march, I guess they didn't want spoilers too early. :P

MasterSimaYi
08-02-2012, 12:12 PM
My guess would be, it was taken down because then people will do some research and find out Charles Lee had kids in 1755 and the whole 'who is Connor's father' thing would be spoiled even before the game is out.

You're saying it like it's fact...

FirestarLuva
08-02-2012, 12:16 PM
You're saying it like it's fact...

Well, the very few people who managed to see the birth date in the trailer did research about Charles Lee and if that fact does turn out to be true they will have the game somehow spoiled for them.

Gil_217
08-02-2012, 04:41 PM
I still believe the game will start in 1753 and Connor's year-birth can still be 1755. There is absolutely no problem with that and just because something like this never happened in previous games, it does not mean it will not happen eventually, there's always a first time right, if you know what I mean of course. :cool:

On the other hand, if this is a screw-up by Ubisoft just lol. I understand that some people may find this possible error a minor one but in my opinion it's just baffling how the creators of the game can get the year their game starts or the year-birth of their primary character wrong.

And I want to remind you all that they said multiple times the game starts in 1753, so I strongly believe the game will start in that year, since they said it multiple times in different occasions.

With this said, since they showed Connor's year-birth as being 1755 in a video I too find it difficult to believe they made that mistake while creating that video, since if it was a mistake they would acknowledged it as such.

MasterSimaYi
08-02-2012, 04:54 PM
On the other hand, if this is a screw-up by Ubisoft just lol. I understand that some people may find this possible error a minor one but in my opinion it's just baffling how the creators of the game can get the year their game starts or the year-birth of their primary character wrong.

Annetta is Paola's sister, and it says in Paola's database entry that her parents were killed at sea when she was 8, which must have been in 1446 or 1447. Yet in Annetta's database entry it says that Annetta was born in 1457. In the mission "The Impaler's Tomb" in ACR it says that Vlad was killed in 1485, while it is supposed to be 1476. Numerous errors have already been made, don't see why they couldn't now.

And I want to remind you all that they said multiple times the game starts in 1753, so I strongly believe the game will start in that year, since they said it multiple times in different occasions.

Actually, it were news journalists that said the game starts in 1753. As is common with journalism, the 1753 thing spread across the web. And it also are the game journalists that even now still manage to get Altaďr's and Ezio's names wrong... I think they got it from GameInformer, who got it from Ubisoft. Though it's not out of the question that GameInformer may have made a mistake or a typo.

With this said, since they showed Connor's year-birth as being 1755 in a video I too find it difficult to believe they made that mistake while creating that video, since if it was a mistake they would acknowledged it as such.

Have they ever acknowledged a mistake?

FirestarLuva
08-02-2012, 04:58 PM
The game will actually start in 1753. Read this:

http://imgur.com/e6n5o,ifDhA,Tun0g,CXTHZ,ngYtH,VByvP,xRSU8,Yh02q,Qu 21s,VDcJ3#2

Gil_217
08-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Annetta is Paola's sister, and it says in Paola's database entry that her parents were killed at sea when she was 8, which must have been in 1446 or 1447. Yet in Annetta's database entry it says that Annetta was born in 1457. In the mission "The Impaler's Tomb" in ACR it says that Vlad was killed in 1485, while it is supposed to be 1476. Numerous errors have already been made, don't see why they couldn't now.

Yes, you are right about that, but please don't compare that kind of information to this, since the year a game starts or the year-birth of their primary character is much more important than the examples you gave.

Actually, it were news journalists that said the game starts in 1753. As is common with journalism, the 1753 thing spread across the web. And it also are the game journalists that even now still manage to get Altaďr's and Ezio's names wrong... I think they got it from GameInformer, who got it from Ubisoft. Though it's not out of the question that GameInformer may have made a mistake or a typo.

I'm pretty sure I heard the devs and guys like Alex saying it more than once on interviews. I might be wrong though.

Have they ever acknowledged a mistake?

I don't know, but they should.

MasterSimaYi
08-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Yes, you are right about that, but please don't compare that kind of information to this, since the year a game starts or the year-birth of their primary character is much more important than the examples you gave.

I really doubt there are meetings at Ubisoft Montréal going "Okay, guys, no messing up dates in promotional material but you are free to do it in the actual games!" Mistakes happen, regardless of what it is. I don't understand how this couldn't have been a mistake.

Gil_217
08-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I really doubt there are meetings at Ubisoft Montréal going "Okay, guys, no messing up dates in promotional material but you are free to do it in the actual games!" Mistakes happen, regardless of what it is. I don't understand how this couldn't have been a mistake.

Then that's just me, but I just think it is lazy, careless and sloppy. But that's only my opinion.

/of this discussion since it's not going to get us anywhere.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-02-2012, 07:41 PM
They could, but that would just be easy writing. Raises more questions for how convenient it would be and why it couldn't be done for Brotherhood, given that we already had so much synchronization with Ezio.Well, that easy writing has already happened once and is prt of the canon. I mean, let's be honest. They bend and twist those 'synchronization' requirements however it fits them and the story. If they will want to start the game in 1753 but have the main pratagonist not be born until 2 years later, for whatever reason, they will do simply do it and come up with some explanation/excuse.

Both those explanations just sound very poor to me.Duh, I ain't a writer. It was just examples, to show how many different story reasons there can be.

Why did they know about Charles Lee and not Connor? Why would they know Charles Lee is related to Connor and why would they think he has something to do with the Grand Temple, when all other people in the revolution didn't have anything to do with it either? The Assassins have databases, and so do Abstergo and they have proven to be not be very difficult to break into, so them not knowing about Connor or having no references to him seems unlikely to me. And I don't understand how synchronizing with one of his parents, especially his dad, would help in that second explanation; that just seems very random. They could indeed come up with a lot of reasons, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. If it's hard to explain, then you've usually lost as a writer.[Again, just examples. They could come up with an excuse/explanation to each of your question. Or something competently different. I'm saying that it is not impossible at all that the game may start 2 years before Ratonhnhaké:ton's birth.

And by "new plot elements, new magical objects" I assume you mean things like the Memory Seals... just no.No, I mean everything. New Macguffins, they can introduce Deux Ex Machinas, plot twists, revelations, characters, magical objects, new background information and whatever they feel like doing. They're the authors and can write the plot however it suits them.

I still believe the game will start in 1753 and Connor's year-birth can still be 1755. There is absolutely no problem with that and just because something like this never happened in previous games

Exactly. Memory Seals didn't happen in AC1, AC2 or ACB, yet they happened in ACR. It didn't matter that they didn't happen previously. There's no rule that says "unless it happens before, it can't happen".

--------

Anyway, from the new Official Playstation Magazine:

Why is Connor captain of a ship? "I don't want to answer that question," says Hutchinson. "It's like saying Darth Vader is Luke's father"What an interesting analogy, don't you think?

MasterSimaYi
08-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Well, that easy writing has already happened once and is prt of the canon. I mean, let's be honest. They bend and twist those 'synchronization' requirements however it fits them and the story. If they will want to start the game in 1753 but have the main pratagonist not be born until 2 years later, for whatever reason, they will do simply do it and come up with some explanation/excuse.

The difference between this and the Memory Seals is though that they had to come up with a way to show Altaďr's later memories so they could end his story, while it's really not needed to have an introduction or something like that to British America via one of his parents. Sacrificing canon consistency is also simply a bad move, for whatever goal it is.

Duh, I ain't a writer. It was just examples, to show how many different story reasons there can be.

Please, just... don't say "duh." >.<

Again, just examples. They could come up with an excuse/explanation to each of your question. Or something competently different. I'm saying that it is not impossible at all that the game may start 2 years before Ratonhnhaké:ton's birth.

Excuses and explanations are actually the problem... the diseases of writing. Like with the "explanations" they had to give for the Mass Effect 3 ending; if you have to give an explanation, it basically means that you screwed up in making something that makes sense.

Exactly. Memory Seals didn't happen in AC1, AC2 or ACB, yet they happened in ACR. It didn't matter that they didn't happen previously. There's no rule that says "unless it happens before, it can't happen".

No, I never mentioned any "rule" nor did I say that it won't happen because it hasn't happened before. My words don't have to be twisted for the sake of an argument, Gil.

What an interesting analogy, don't you think?

It is now revealed... Connor is the Aquila's father. Connor is neither heterosexual or homosexual... it is clear now.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-02-2012, 08:11 PM
It is now revealed... Connor is the Aquila's father. Connor is neither heterosexual or homosexual... it is clear now.Was writing a constrictive post in response to other of your point but then I reached this part. So just whatever.

MasterSimaYi
08-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Was writing a constrictive post in response to other of your point but then I reached this part. So just whatever.

Objective accomplished!

RatonhnhakeFan
08-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Objective accomplished!Congratulations! Ask mommy for a medal.

MasterSimaYi
08-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Congratulations! Ask mommy for a medal.

Darn, got a cookie instead.

Gil_217
08-02-2012, 08:32 PM
No, I never mentioned any "rule" nor did I say that it won't happen because it hasn't happened before. My words don't have to be twisted for the sake of an argument, Gil.

I'm sorry if I somehow twisted what you were trying to say.

What I was really trying to say is that I don't see how something that never happened in previous games has a less chance of happening in this game, I don't see the relevance in seeing if the other game's historical part started before or after the ancestor's birth. Each game is a game.

Especially when in this game everything is basically new and they are building the game around this concept. New protagonist, new setting, new weapons, new animations, new characters, new additions like the dynamic wheater system...

LoyalACFan
08-02-2012, 09:24 PM
The game will actually start in 1753. Read this:

http://imgur.com/e6n5o,ifDhA,Tun0g,CXTHZ,ngYtH,VByvP,xRSU8,Yh02q,Qu 21s,VDcJ3#2

Assassin's Claw, huh? This kind of worries me. Hutchinson said at Comic-Con that there are two "modes" for running, one is the traditional X+R1, and the other is just holding R1. This article kind of has me worried about that. Here I was, thinking I could customize the running to fit what I'm used to, but now they're saying they've ditched the X button entirely while free-running. Seems like removing that would give Connor only two speeds- slow walk and dead sprint. Also, it seems like you'd be unintentionally running up a lot of walls.

MT4K
08-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Assassin's Claw, huh? This kind of worries me. Hutchinson said at Comic-Con that there are two "modes" for running, one is the traditional X+R1, and the other is just holding R1. This article kind of has me worried about that. Here I was, thinking I could customize the running to fit what I'm used to, but now they're saying they've ditched the X button entirely while free-running. Seems like removing that would give Connor only two speeds- slow walk and dead sprint. Also, it seems like you'd be unintentionally running up a lot of walls.

I believe it is more for climbing and things rather than actually running about on a rooftop or the ground ect. So you won't accidentally jump off a tree or something unless you actually want to. At least that was always my interpretation of it.

LoyalACFan
08-02-2012, 10:46 PM
I believe it is more for climbing and things rather than actually running about on a rooftop or the ground ect. So you won't accidentally jump off a tree or something unless you actually want to. At least that was always my interpretation of it.

That's how it always was, though. Holding X while climbing never did anything.

Serrachio
08-02-2012, 11:22 PM
That's how it always was, though. Holding X while climbing never did anything.

They're referring to Cross on the PS3, which would be A on Xbox.

What they say they've done now is that you will sprint by holding down the trigger on the Xbox controller fully, and if you press A at a junction point in the trees, Connor will go up, as opposed to forward.

LoyalACFan
08-03-2012, 01:45 AM
They're referring to Cross on the PS3, which would be A on Xbox.

What they say they've done now is that you will sprint by holding down the trigger on the Xbox controller fully, and if you press A at a junction point in the trees, Connor will go up, as opposed to forward.

I know they're talking about PS3... Holding X while climbing never did anything. You tap it once for the Climb Jump. That's it.

But as for the sprinting thing, I'm still confused. We've obviously seen Connor running at two different speeds (he jogs away after killing the wolf, then sprints toward Silas) and I don't see how that's possible without using PS3's X button. It's not like the right trigger is pressure sensitive.

Serrachio
08-03-2012, 02:15 AM
I know they're talking about PS3... Holding X while climbing never did anything. You tap it once for the Climb Jump. That's it.

But as for the sprinting thing, I'm still confused. We've obviously seen Connor running at two different speeds (he jogs away after killing the wolf, then sprints toward Silas) and I don't see how that's possible without using PS3's X button. It's not like the right trigger is pressure sensitive.

It might have been mapped to be pressure sensitive. Perhaps the PS3's right trigger has the capability to do so, but it hasn't been used that way in the series before.