PDA

View Full Version : GRFS vs GRO

Bawwss
07-31-2012, 09:55 AM
I bought this game for the multiplayer as it looked like an exceptional experience. I have to agree it is, I love the multiplayer I've been able to play so far, despite some issues I've seen. However, I've also noticed Ghost Recon Online looks extremely similar. Basically, what's the difference between the two in terms of multiplayer? Did I really waste 50$ on GRFS when GRO is the same thing but without all the problems?

IamLakota
07-31-2012, 12:32 PM
The simple answer is yes. I was in vited and played all three closed betas of GRO it ROCK's,GR:FS doesnt work,all you may get is lost connections.

Compassghost
07-31-2012, 12:45 PM
The game's flow is quite different. In GRFS, the game focuses heavily on intel loop, while in GRO, it's on pure combat with additional "power gadgets" that are stronger than normal weapons but have long cooldowns.

Both teams in GRFS have different weapons. In GRO, you pick your weapon and use it.

Buy-in for GRFS is $50. Buy-in for GRO is $0.

GRFS is a console port, GRO is a PC game.

GRFS has matchmaking bonkers. GRO has better matchmaking and fewer bugs with lobbies.

GRFS you only have VOIP. GRO you have text chat! D:

You can see how my gameplay varies between GRO and GRFS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otblCiuMQ6E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfYS7hvpCIs

Bawwss
07-31-2012, 02:16 PM
The game's flow is quite different. In GRFS, the game focuses heavily on intel loop, while in GRO, it's on pure combat with additional "power gadgets" that are stronger than normal weapons but have long cooldowns.

Both teams in GRFS have different weapons. In GRO, you pick your weapon and use it.

Buy-in for GRFS is $50. Buy-in for GRO is $0.

GRFS is a console port, GRO is a PC game.

GRFS has matchmaking bonkers. GRO has better matchmaking and fewer bugs with lobbies.

GRFS you only have VOIP. GRO you have text chat! D:

You can see how my gameplay varies between GRO and GRFS.
]

You seem to be a strong advocate of GRO. Crap. I should have done more research, guess that's 50$ down the drain.

Compassghost
07-31-2012, 02:25 PM
You seem to be a strong advocate of GRO. Crap. I should have done more research, guess that's 50$ down the drain.

It's not like I don't play GRFS. I just enjoyed GRO a lot more. The game was less frustrating out the door and did not feel cheap.

Let's put it this way.

I paid $50 for GRFS. Do I feel like it was worth $50? Not quite. The game is fun, but the bugs are frustrating as hell. Once the bugs are fixed, then I'll think I got my $50 worth.

I paid $100 for GRO's Ghost Coin pre-order. The game isn't even out yet for us. That's how much I think GRO has potential-wise.