PDA

View Full Version : AC Revelations Combat Quesiton

induct82
07-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Hey guys! As you saw at the title i have some problem with the combat, you may not like that a pc gamer is posting in the console section, but i wonder if your consoles trigger this bug (if it is such). So when I am fighting the guards there are occasional moments (for example fighting a group with agile in) that two guards attack almost simultaneously. However i time my counter right and almost an instant counter after it to deflect the second attacker, but i always end up hit or just blocking the attack. I do not know if this is a bug or I am not doing it right. I used a program that tracks every button from the keyboard and the mouse i press and used it while i recorded a gameplay with Fraps.But when i saw the video i clearly saw that my counter attacks were timed right, is Ezio unable to counter attack or defense himself like for 0.5 seconds after a counter attack is made or I am missing something to do it right?I tried releasing the high profile key and immediately pressing it back, i tried with not releasing it at all he is just unable to counter the second attack (from two guards charging at once). I reinstalled my OS and i lost the program for keys track (i just remember the first letter of the program name was something like- "A" or "Y") and the clip to show you. Is there someone good with the combat that can guide me about this?

LoyalACFan
07-31-2012, 02:50 AM
That happens to me occasionally. The best thing to do is dodge. Sometimes you can counter twice and get them both, but it's not a guarantee.

induct82
07-31-2012, 02:45 PM
I even noticed that when you stab someone who felt on the ground, Ezio has blind spot from the back, even when i hit counter and time it right he still get hits, especially with the sword, the hidden blade stab has slightly more faster recover in the defense. Same goes when the hidden gun if you recently shot, the recoil from the gun is leaving Ezio with a blind spot in the defense unable him to counter or block attacks from all sides for half a second. I don't like when luck is involved in this kind of things, since i remember Ubi showed Ezio as perfectionist in Brotherhood in one of the trailers.

Also few more questions:
When in Brotherhood a brute charges their special attack, i press dodge, sometimes he dodges sometimes he don't.
Also with the free running when Ezio jumps to other roof he sometimes bump his knee into it, wasting precious time. Even a jump that is 1 meter long from where he is, he bumps like he jumps for a first time. I noticed that on the consoles Ezio do this more rarely, in the pc i have a feeling that when you turn the mouse it is one of the reasons he bumps.

SixKeys
07-31-2012, 03:04 PM
Also with the free running when Ezio jumps to other roof he sometimes bump his knee into it, wasting precious time. Even a jump that is 1 meter long from where he is, he bumps like he jumps for a first time. I noticed that on the consoles Ezio do this more rarely, in the pc i have a feeling that when you turn the mouse it is one of the reasons he bumps.

This is one of my (many) annoyances with Revelations. The freerunning was supposed to feel more fluid than ever thanks to the hookblade, but in fact it feels clunkier. I've also noticed that sometimes when Ezio is on a rooftop and you want to make him jump on a another rooftop just slightly higher (like half a meter), Ezio will either ungracefully bump his knee when jumping on to the higher platform, get stuck under the tiny space between the upper and lower roof or unsuccessful try to run up it like it's an unclimbable wall.

induct82
07-31-2012, 03:09 PM
But why ubi does not release any fixing updates for those kind of issues, they don't seem to be hard to fix.
You said you have many annoyances with the gameplay. Do you have time to tell me what more do you encounter? (I encountered this what you described, but i always thought that i am the only person who have this kind of issues, that my installation of the game had cracked something or i don't know, but it seems i am not the only one.)