PDA

View Full Version : GRFS wont load crashes to desktop...

spumpkin80
07-30-2012, 09:47 PM
I am currently running AMD Phenom 4 Quad Core 2.6 Ghz
Windows 7 64 bit
8 GB installed memory
2 TB HD
my computer plays fine for other high end graphic games such as BF3 Call of Duty etc. My issue is when carrying out Uplay and clicking on play for Ghost Recon Future Soldier - it looks like it is going to work by switching to a black screen for about 10 seconds then crashes back to the desktop. The Uplay screen says: "Thank you for playing Ghost ReconFuture Soldier! Time played 0 minutes.

I have had this game for about a month and have yet to play 1 second of it.
Extremely frustrated...and am looking for anyone out there with a solution...I have posted a question on UBISOFT's SUPPORT page...and have heard nothing back from a represenative. If I dont find a resolution to my problem, this could be the last time I purchase something from Ubisoft.
My drivers are up to date, I meet all the system requirements..... PLease any help you may lend with regards to this is greatly appreciated,
Steve

netcomboy
07-31-2012, 01:02 AM
I have Intel i7 3.2ghz 6 gig memory, Windows 7 64 bit with SLI nVidia GTX 580 2 gig each. Plays B3 sweetly and cant even load this crap. Why do we keep paying for this again? Help would be good before I go viral.

jojer0075
07-31-2012, 05:11 AM
i AM HAVING THE SAME problem..been working @ it for about 12 hours, if I fix it i will post resolution here, also please, if anyone else knows how to fix this issue, please post it!! it's probs some stupid little thing..argh!!

n0f3
07-31-2012, 05:28 AM
Guys honestly? Don't even waste time with it. It's not going to get fixed. Let's just accept the fact that Ubisoft robbed us all and move on with our lives, and never buy anything from Ubisoft ever again.

RazorSharpClaw
07-31-2012, 06:59 PM
Same here have a high end system runs all games perfectly

got through about 12 sites and faqs with solutions tryed them all dident work
and when i did send a message to Ubi suport i get a mail abck saying
thx for teh quetsion , support can take 24-48 h to get back.

Then ubi is trying to make me look dumb by saying you ned to have teh latest drivers etc etc

i am building systems for years all my pcs have updated drivers

I tell you Ubi game launcher is hard on his way to get past teh origin launcher atleast i can start the games working fine

sneaklez
07-31-2012, 08:20 PM
Are you guys using the Steam / Digital version of GRFS?

spumpkin80
08-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Are you guys using the Steam / Digital version of GRFS?

I am using the store bought version (hard copy) ...

EvilPixieGrrr
08-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Hi guys,

Sorry you're having problems with this. Please take a look at the FAQ (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/p/88,2479) and see if there's some assistance for you there. If not, you'll find a link to support there. You should contact them if there's no solution for you there. Thanks

RazorSharpClaw
08-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Same here Hardcopy Store

Sergeantcakey
08-01-2012, 06:29 PM
I would be tempted to say uninstall it and re download it through Uplay because whilst i have a hard copy i never let it touch my pc I only used the CD key on uplay then the game turn into a coaster. I might not help but it worth ago if you have tried for a month to no avail

spumpkin80
08-08-2012, 05:33 AM
I have been scowering the forum threads... I have uninstalled and re-installed the game...finally it works but i can only play for a few minutes at a time until it says Nvidia Driver something something error and recovered. It crashes to desktop where I see this message...and if I have the patience I then restart the game picking up from the last saved check point.
Im losing my patience with this game...and honestly with ubisoft. They are going to have to do something to rebound themselves and save their reputation. When Sony experienced problems they found solutions, apologized for the downtime, and gave away free games to help compensate consumers for their wasted time. We shouldnt have to search endlessly through forums to find fixes for their errors in programming.

I am teetering on the fence and will probably file this game back in the box and sit it on the shelf least until the winter season when I have a snow day and feel like trying my luck again.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Hi, please see this thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/686242-Driver-crash-%28Nvidia%29?highlight=Nvidia