PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

JCearlyyears
07-30-2012, 08:01 PM
AC3 is released on a tuesday, and I am getting it on the midnight release. From then, I have maybe 6 hours to play until I have to leave. When I get home, I would be able to finish the rest of the game. So my question is should I play the game once I get home from the store, or should I play it later? I hate taking breaks. When I play games, I beat them, I don't like to take breaks because it ruins the immersion. I remember when I bought the Darkness 2 and that game is really short. I'd have beaten it before I had to leave if I didn't spend time talking to everyone, but I did so I had to beat the game later that day and it kinda messed up the immersion. I like to beat games on the release date though so spoilers don't get to me before the ending. The ending of Brotherhood was ruined for me because my friends can't hold it in... so what should I do? I might be able to beat it from the time I get home later in the day to the time I have to leave again in the next morning, but I don't want to take chances. Luckily I was sick when ACR came out so I stayed home and beat it, so unless I get sick again, I'll still have to go.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Play it later, and do not come online. You will be surprised at the amount of people that dont care about spoilers, so play later.
Personally it does not ruin the immersion, I always take short breaks in my gaming session.

FirestarLuva
07-30-2012, 08:10 PM
AC3 will be twice as long as AC2, so expect over 20 Sequences in the game, minus one or two for Desmond. So you can't be sure if 6 hours might be enough. AC3 is a really big game, with lots of new features, it's 90% a new game, so don't be sure it will have the same flow as previous games, you don't know how much is changed. I suggest taking breaks once in a while, not play it all at once, so you can enjoy the new story and character. Also, if you want to avoid spoilers, stay away from tumblr. You can expect a lot of spoilers from Connor's story the most.

MT4K
07-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Not sure how taking breaks would be a bad thing myself. It is actually a good idea to take a break every couple hours for health reasons (but we all know people ignore those guidelines :P).

If you really don't want to take a break and plkay it fully in one sitting. Then just wait until you have the time to do so :).

Edit: Of course i assume you are talking about the story and not 100% sync with side stuff and treasures and all that stuff :P. That would take far too long i think for one sitting.

JCearlyyears
07-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Ok. Thanks. I'll probably just install the game, go on uplay and buy the uplay stuff, then play the multiplayer until it is time to leave, then come home and beat the game.

pacmanate
07-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Ok. Thanks. I'll probably just install the game, go on uplay and buy the uplay stuff, then play the multiplayer until it is time to leave, then come home and beat the game.

See this is tricky. You could either play a little bit, then be like "OH MA GOD I CANT WAIT UNTIL LATER" so that you will have some MEGA hype.

Or

You could wait and play it later and just think "When I get home, I will be able to play this through, feet up, relaxing, a beer.

Personally I would do the second one, minus the beer maybe haha. I hate taking breaks and a break at a vital part might make me feeling insane.

JCearlyyears
07-30-2012, 08:25 PM
See this is tricky. You could either play a little bit, then be like "OH MA GOD I CANT WAIT UNTIL LATER" so that you will have some MEGA hype.

Or

You could wait and play it later and just think "When I get home, I will be able to play this through, feet up, relaxing, a beer.

Personally I would do the second one, minus the beer maybe haha. I hate taking breaks and a break at a vital part might make me feeling insane.

Yeah, minus the beer, not old enough, and I'll never drink beer/alcohol.

True_Assassin92
07-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah, minus the beer, not old enough, and I'll never drink beer/alcohol.

People differ so much :P. I don't like playing it through at one time and I wouldn't be able to too. I like playing a game at a slow pace, so you can enjoy it as long as you can, because it will be a long time before we get a new AC( year(s)). In the meanwhile when I'm not playing the story because I don't want it to end so quickly I enjoy other things like exploring, side quests, killing spree's etc...If you take breaks you have something to look forward to the next time :D. Everyone got his own style though.

JCearlyyears
07-30-2012, 09:04 PM
People differ so much :P. I don't like playing it through at one time and I wouldn't be able to too. I like playing a game at a slow pace, so you can enjoy it as long as you can, because it will be a long time before we get a new AC( year(s)). In the meanwhile when I'm not playing the story because I don't want it to end so quickly I enjoy other things like exploring, side quests, killing spree's etc...If you take breaks you have something to look forward to the next time :D. Everyone got his own style though.

I used to play a bit like that, but the flood... spoiler flood. I try to run, but it's reach is so far.

MT4K
07-30-2012, 09:07 PM

For some reason you just made something else pop into my head.

It would be a better idea to take your time with AC3 anyway. The world is supposed to change over time as the story progresses and the story evolves and the war kicks off ect. So if you rush through you could miss out on things like easter eggs and all sorts of other little things that may not be there at a later point in the game due to the changing world :D.

Altair661
07-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Usually with AC games, my first playthrough is mainly just to finish the story and know what happens due to eagerness and to be able to talk about it. So I do about may half or a a little under side quest wise my 1st playthrough. But mt 2nd I go through and do everything before beating the game. AS for AC3, Im changing it up. Since this is the pinnacle of the series, Im gonna take my time and play as much as I can of it. Wont 100% synch the whole game, but will do alot more than I usually do on my 1st playthrough.

LoyalACFan
07-31-2012, 03:00 AM
You should just save it and get some sleep. I'm assuming (since you said you're not old enough to drink) that you're going to be gone for a school day. If you stay up all night playing the game, then go to school all day, you'll be too tired to really enjoy it.

Not trying to sound like your mom or anything, telling you to get a good night's sleep :p but I've done all-night gaming marathons like that back when I was in high school, and by the time I got home the next day I was dead on my feet and could barely keep my eyes open.

JCearlyyears
07-31-2012, 03:07 AM
I could sleep from the time I get home that day to the time I have to go to the midnight release so I get my sleep, and get to play.

LoyalACFan
07-31-2012, 03:45 AM
I could sleep from the time I get home that day to the time I have to go to the midnight release so I get my sleep, and get to play.

You could do that, I guess, if you don't have to do anything the night before. But if you do play it before you leave for school, don't play too much of the main story. It would suck to get really involved in a really interesting bit of the plot and then have to leave for eight hours :nonchalance:

Lonesoldier2012
07-31-2012, 06:43 AM
I assume you're talking about leaving for work. If so just call in sick.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-31-2012, 08:24 AM
I think I am a really lucky man, considering the day ACIII comes out is a massive celebration here. Meaning I can play all night.
Tho, going through a game on one session is not my thing. The game is roughly 5 hours longer than ACII, meaning it can be quite longer, and doing it through one session might just feel tedious and boring.