PDA

View Full Version : Something I never understood about AC:R

OriginalMiles
07-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Hey guys, so here's something I never understood about AC:R.
In ACR, Desmond relives Ezio's memories, and Ezio uses the Memory Discs to relive Altair's memories, but why does Desmond relive them when Ezio does.
So, you may know, in AC:B, Desmond tries to relive sequence 9 in the beginning, but needed to start from sequence 1 because Ezio was remembering the Siege of Monteriggioni, and Rebecca said it was because it was a memory inside a memory, he had to get more sync with Ezio.

Since the Altair sequences were in Ezio's memories, isn't it technically a memory in a memory? If so, then Desmond shouldn't relive it, as he never relived the Siege a second time in Sequence 9, even though Ezio was remembering it.
Could anybody help me with this, or correct me on my "theory"?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Ezio was not reliving them, just viewing them. The fact that we played them, I guess can be explained with suspension of disbelief. And he was not ''remembering'' them.

itsamea-mario
07-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Well, i don't think it's quite the same, Ezio uses to seals to relive moments of altair's life, those therefore become Ezio's memories.

And with ACB i think there was a level of trauma involved, similar to what happened in AC1.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Ezio synced alot with Ezio from ACII, more so than Altair even, so I dont think it was trauma.

itsamea-mario
07-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Well we don't know, since they never tried to access any later memories in AC2, they started at the beginning.

Still, in ACR, they aren't really memories in memories, just the next stage of ezio's life, so it doesn't work the same way.

Plus the problem in ACB is if he was remembering the villa siege, it meant the memories kept returning there, when that wasn't wanted. but in ACR we wanted the memory to go to Altair, not stay with ezio's current state.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Tho how do we actually play those memories?

itsamea-mario
07-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Tho how do we actually play those memories?

The same way we play any Ezio memory. We're not sure if the seals work like the animus, were the user has some kind of basic control, or if it happens exactly as it can be remembered when altair implants his memories. But it doesn't matter, reliving altairs memories, becomes Ezio's memory, just like any other moment in ezio's life.

OriginalMiles
07-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Ezio was not reliving them, just viewing them. The fact that we played them, I guess can be explained with suspension of disbelief. And he was not ''remembering'' them.
If Ezio was only viewing them, we shouldn't play as Altair then, only see him.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Hmm...yeah, when you think about it. Considering Ezio views it, becomes part of his memories, Animus controls Ezio's memories, and there.
Tho if Ezio just viewed them with no control, does that not mean we will go off sync? like, it must be like Altair did it.

JCearlyyears
07-30-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that the memory is played by Ezio. That's why we can get full synch.

Calvarok
07-31-2012, 02:29 AM
The audio-visual-physical experience that is viewing the seals is something that Ezio experienced. Later, he remembered them. So it is part of his memory. Yes, it is a memory within a memory. No, it's not the same as the seige of monteriggoni thing, that was Ezio thinking of revenge for what happened then. We don't relive every time he remembers something normally. The seals were not his memories, and they dind't just pop into his head, he actually experienced them.

LightRey
07-31-2012, 11:07 AM
The problem in ACB wasn't that it was a memory within a memory, it was that it was a memory of Ezio within a memory of Ezio, this caused a loop. Ezio was remembering the event at the end of ACII around the time he was storing away the apple, this caused Desmond to start remembering that event. With Alta¤r it's not causing a loop because they're not older memories of Ezio and most of them are not even stored in Desmond's DNA (only the first 2 are), not to mention that he was quite well synched with Alta´r already.

Finally, just because it can cause problems doesn't mean it always will.