PDA

View Full Version : My target committed suicide....? What....?

AnthonyA85
07-30-2012, 05:26 PM
OK, so i was just starting my third play through of Bonfire of the Vanities last night, and i decided that the guy who had cordoned off the bridge into the southern district of Florence to be my first target.

So after i'd interacted with the memory start marker, and actually begun the mission, i found myself on a rooftop overlooking the bridge, and while my target started droning on about how everyone should submit to Savonarola, i decided to refill my throwing knives before i took him out.

So i hopped down to street level and headed west to the nearest blacksmith, and JUST as I reached it, everything slowed down and the Memory Corridor loads, and i get Ezio giving the target his send-off speech.

My initial reaction was "What...? What the F?! I didn't even TOUCH him! I didn't even go NEAR him!" then i said to myself "Did he kill himself or something? Did he jump off the bridge?"

Then after the Memory Corridor fades out, i'm back in front of the blacksmith, with the message at the bottom of the screen reading "Kill all of Savonarola's lieutenants." and up in the top left, under my health meter, the counter now reads "Lieutenants killed: 1/9"

So yeah...my target apparently killed himself.....

Has this happened to anyone else?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-30-2012, 05:32 PM
LOL. Same thing happened to me, wanted to restock some bullets, my target apparently committed suicide.
It was pretty funny tho, I wonder how he did it...

GunnarGunderson
happens all the time if I let Silvio Bargarigo or Dante Moro escape to his boat, there's a guard on the walkway that knocks him into the water if Ezio isn't there for him to chase after

SleezeRocker
Ezio was too awesome for the system/target to handle so it killed itself/did it for you? lol

Locopells
07-30-2012, 05:33 PM
It can happen that if you go far enough from that target, the game will stop rendering the bridge, and he'll fall into the water and die.

pacmanate
07-30-2012, 05:33 PM
No, but that is hilarious! He obviously didn't deserve to live. Good riddance.

pacmanate
07-30-2012, 05:34 PM
LOL. Same thing happened to me, wanted to restock some bullets, my target apparently committed suicide.
It was pretty funny tho, I wonder how he did it...

MY GOD IT's U! I have finally found you!!!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Uhh...hi .___.
Just wondering, if the bridge disappears, shouldn't the target disappear?

Locopells
07-30-2012, 05:46 PM
No targets are like map markers - they are always there.

LadyGahan2010
07-30-2012, 07:02 PM
I did happen to me, not in ACII but in ACB, twice, different missions. My woe was that I failed 100% sync while he committed his suicide (the first one). It was hilarious though, because as it happened, I was just cursing myself for taking wrong path and how on earth I would finish the mission that way. In the end, it turned up well, I had an excuse of going back to my dna and replaying it :o

AnthonyA85
07-30-2012, 07:44 PM
I did happen to me, not in ACII but in ACB, twice, different missions. My woe was that I failed 100% sync while he committed his suicide (the first one). It was hilarious though, because as it happened, I was just cursing myself for taking wrong path and how on earth I would finish the mission that way. In the end, it turned up well, I had an excuse of going back to my dna and replaying it :o

Which missions did it happen in?

Felix-Vivo
07-30-2012, 08:57 PM
I was once doing an assassination contract in Brotherhood and my mission ended very suddenly with 100% synch even though I hadn't actually killed my target yet. Maybe I have my answer.

LadyGahan2010
07-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Which missions did it happen in?

Can't tell you right away. First half of the game for sure. Happened on my first play, so you know, been like 18 months now...

Locopells
07-31-2012, 12:24 AM
I do sometimes get it in ACII too, the mission where you have to attack a villa in the countryside - the target'll get killed by one of the AI, the mission completes and I don't get the white room death conversation.