PDA

View Full Version : Never buy a steam game.

criss77
07-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Never buy a steam game.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier - Deluxe Preorder (not low)
Number of so-called 2494-8105-QRTV
Category Game / DLC Questions> Game is Currently Unavailable
Email cdnbh@hotmail.com
Product Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Steam Account Name crissbh
Operating System Windows 7/Vista
Print Question Reopen
A (s) message (s) in question
Your first post on Wed, Jun 27th 2012 3:56 am
Good morning gentlemen, in this given I bought the PC game Ghost recon Future Soldier.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier - Deluxe Preorder
$ 54.99

Subtotal
$ 54.99
Tax
$ 0.00

Total
$ 54.99

Payment Info

Ending 7843 with MasterCard
$ 54.99
Confirmation Number
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date Confirmed
Sat Jun 16 11:12:07 2012

I've tried it several times lower, but ultimately fails to complete the download, I never had this problem since the installation deletes all of the game, try to download again but I can not, download arrives at the end of one minute remaining to end the steam puts the Download PAUSE! and does not continue, I want an urgent response from you even porq already paid that amount and still have not bought and paid for the game. Thank you.
2 Post by support technician Jorge on Wed, Jun 27th 2012 6:22 pm
Hello Cristiano,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Please close the program and go to the Steam folder C: \ Program Files \ Steam \ (C: \ Program Files \ Steam \) (this is the default folder for Steam installation - if you put the program in another directory you have to do a search)

Delete all files in the folder except:

The \ steamapps \ Steam.exe and (this file is listed as an application and its icon Stem logo in black and white).

Restart your computer.

After that, run the installation folder Steam.exe rather than any existing shortcut.

With Steam running, see if you still getting the same error.

NOTE: This process will not affect your installed games.

If the problem persists, make sure that your network is optimized for Steam:

Title: Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1456-EUDN-2493

If you have any questions, please contact us.
Post your 3 on Thu, Jun 28th 2012 6:15 am
Ok, everything went well thank you for attention, but now encounter another problem with the game installed with 4 gigabytes of memory for a hd tera,
Phenom 4.8 amd cpu, asus gforce gtx 570 updated with the W7, at a certain hour of the game the game crash ... catching! already put in so defult but nothing gave, I would help you. Thank you
4 Post by support technician Jorge on Thu, Jun 28th 2012 5:12 pm
Hello Cristiano,

Please send a screenshot (s) error (s) found (s).

Access one of the links below for more information:

For PC:
Title: Saving a Screenshot on a PC
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9943-WOLN-6452

For Mac:

Title: Saving a Screenshot on a Mac
Link: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4545-SDXV-0334

If you have questions, please contact us.
Post your 5 on Fri, Jun 29th 2012 3:41 am
Good morning gentlemen, the error described does not generate image ...

When the game is to catch the sound of the game screen goes black and no picture, having to, Ctrl + Alt + Dell, then you have to go into processes and end the game * not responding. what to do??
6 Post Jorge for technical support on Fri, Jun 29th 2012 4:30 pm
Hello Cristiano,

Please visit the link below for more information on this issue:

Title: Troubleshooting Gameplay and Performance
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9257-TUJL-7421&l=portuguese (br)
Post your 7 on Sat, Jun 30th 2012 6:53 am
When you support, all took care of the link described (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9257-TUJL-7421&l=portuguese)

But nothing says the game continues to crash, I have read many threads on the subject * BLACK-SCREEN, and unanimous that the game with many bugs and no FIX PATCH, I am a software engineer and I say that my PC is in excellent condition to run any game
no hardware or software problems ... I'd really like a definitive answer to the problem in general not to mention the fact that connect to a server and play online is impossible, I want an urgent answer on such defect described the game ... does not come cheap after all have a steam game, which by the way I do not see advantage in buying more media online, if you go to this site UBISOFT it a patch for BUG, ​​but we do not have to steam media, then the steam support on behalf of all, no quick fixes and primary want a permanent solution.

Thank you.
8 Post by support technician Jorge on Sat, Jun 30th 2012 5:57 pm
- If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, please complete the instructions on the link below:

Title: Windows 7 and Vista Troubleshooting
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5688-IFHZ-2170

- If you are using Windows XP, complete the steps below (skip this procedure if you are using Windows 7 or Vista):

1) Close the program Steam.
2) Go to "Start" menu ("Start"), select "Run" ("Run"), type "regedit" and click "OK".
3) Go to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ VALVE
4) Click the right mouse button in the "Valve" and select "Permissions" ("Permissions")
5) Check the "Allow" ("Allow") to "Administrators" ("Admin") and "System" ("System") for both "Full Control" ("Full control") and "Reading" ("Read ").

The next steps should be followed regardless of operating system you are using.

Check the game GCF files:

Title: Verifying Game Cache Files (GCF)
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Check the GCF files resolve most problems for users.

Note: Some files may fail. This is normal and can be ignored.

Test the issue again.

If the problem persists, please manually install the installers for this game.

Exit Steam completely.

Go to the folder where you installed Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (usually C: \ Program files \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier \ or C: \ Program Files \ SteamSteamapps \ common \ Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier \)

Perform the following installers:

C: \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier \ redist \ vcredist_2008SP1_x86.exe
C: \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier \ redist \ DirectX \ DXSETUP.exe

Restart your computer and test the problem again.

If the problem persists, please read the guidelines below:

Title: This game is Currently unavailable
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4595-WEXN-6831

Title of the Games not run after 'Preparing to Launch'
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6218-USFX-5568

If you still have problems, contact support for this game via the link below:

Title: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Series
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6817-NMCK-7741&l=portuguese
Post your 9 on Sun, Jul 8th 2012 7:24 am
beams that come to express my total dissatisfaction to the steam support, for the following reason, did not give us a solution to the problem described thus transferring the problem to UBISOFT, after all the game's producer is yes but who bought it? UBI steam or the?
I opted to buy via steam, but now think twice about doing that ... but I'll share the solution for me to play ... GRFS support nothing worked. My solution was ... the friends who has trouble ...

(Remove all nvidia drivers, that the 309 version ... I installed the card drive older 266.58 does not install anything else) is working perfectly Note: I increased the resolution is not 1024, nor enabled the DirectX11, I disabled VSYNC. .. I will leaving everything to test at most.

Thanks Support STEAM.
Post your 10 on Mon, Jul 9th ​​2012 4:22 am
Good morning, as I said all aviation tests, everything is working at the most, but what I noticed is ... than with the old drivers
until even the physx, is not as good as before with the new drivers, but there is the hint.
11 Post by Jorge's technical support on Tue, 10th Jul 2012 1:25 pm
Hello Cristiano,

Glad that the problem has been solved.

Please let us know if you have any difficulty.
Post your 12 on Wed, 11th Jul 2012 8:57 am
Good afternoon,

The problem described is not resolved, this palliative walk is the problem, freaks me out a company the size answer me
so without giving me the solution, I mean I have to stay with a drive installed in manimo nine months ago, the same can not generate good graphics PhysX does not run as it should, which was able to leave the system running a palliative, but thanks response.
13 Post by support technician Jorge on Wed, 11th Jul 2012 10:38 am
Hello Christian,

I apologize for not having understood his message correctly.

The problem you are describing is related to the game. This is not an event related to Steam and Valve games. So the problem you are having should be resolved by technical support company responsible for the game - we suggest you contact them.

Contacting Ubisoft, you can reach an objective solution soon.

Title: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Series
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6817-NMCK-7741&l=portuguese

Please let us know if you find any difficulty in contacting technical support the company responsible for the game or if you have any further questions.
Post your 14 on Fri, 13th Jul 2012 5:25 am
Good morning, I wonder where this corporate responsibility steam, as far as I know that bought the game from steam, not from UBI ... I'm trying to understand what advantage you buy a game via steam! I now see that I have no no support
I have a patch, the game only runs if the steam has connected to the internet, the other day I was without my adsl internet service
I could not play and why not let that steam had no internet. I see no advantage, another thing when you visit the company's game it does not mention the steam is not in the support to get steams games without knowing that it is really the responsibility
it has a patch but it has a stripe (DOES NOT WORK FOR STEAM VERSIONS) who will help me? Nvidia? steam? Ubi?
Post your 15 on Fri, 13th Jul 2012 4:33 pm
I think the steam did not understand or really does not deal with respect to whom the claims, did not measure up efforts to try to solve a problem that is not mine, but I took the information to contact the game manufacturer, and went back .. .

I would really like a little more respect.

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16699

(Attention: Only install the patches if the automatic update fails to download Them.

Unless Noted otherwise, it is Not necessary to install all updates, only the latest update is required. These updates are Intended for the retail release of the game, if you have a digital download please contact the provider for details on download updates. )

(Caution: Only install patches to automatically update fails to download them.

Unless otherwise indicated, no need to install any updates, just the latest update is required. These updates are intended for the commercial launch of the game, if you have a digital download contact provider for details on downloading the updates. )

It really is to contact the manufacturer?? Please a little more respect.
Post your 16 on Thu, 19th Jul 2012 3:11 pm
?? answers, I want answers!
17 Post by Jorge's technical support on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 11:22 am
Hello Christian,

We apologize for the delay.

I noticed that ever played more than 18 hours of the game. There is still your problem?
Post your 18 on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 11:51 am
Yes 18 hours old driver 266.51 with horrible graphics, and between 5 and 10 minutes crash ... economies is the cool irony of how we are treated, it's amazing even disrespect.
Post your 19 on Tue, 24th Jul 2012 11:59 am
and more that I could solve my problem that is palliative but I decided, why rely on support STEAM would be on hand, just to remind you that the drive Nvidia 301.42 I had to regress to 266.51, where I have to support anything or DX11 but I can only thank the Steam Support this day and congratulations with your customer. I've found alternatives to buy imported games

(Http://www.amazon.com/) have requested the game BOX internet where you do not need to log in and play like the Steam ... and more support is from the manufacturer, this week comes in my GRFS BOX, but thanks SUPPORT.
This question is closed, you need to respond to reopen it.

Compassghost
07-30-2012, 01:01 PM
I don't think Steam is the problem...

xGhostFleax
07-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Chris77... let me help you a little by saying, yelling at steam support gets you nowhere. Try walking into a BestBuy and scream at the gaming rep for your game not installing and see how THAT goes. After that go scream at GeekSquad and see what happens there... you walk away with a still yet broken game and people mad at you. Now here's a tip, ask for a refund showing that ticket, rebuy from ubi which gives you a downloader. that or spend the money on another game and get this one when they release 1.4 IF it fixes all the issues.

N.I.M.R.O.D
07-30-2012, 03:49 PM
the problem u are having is a UPLAY problem. uplay has to veryify your cd key and right now they have just found a massive security risk with uplay. steam can not/will not finish downloading this game if uplay can not verify u own/bought the game.

SimplyAkri
07-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Just lol. Anyways steam is not the problem here but Ubi is. Ubi should refund for this game like they did for From Dust. Since my refund request got rejected i would be really happy.

Marvolol
07-30-2012, 09:07 PM
You argue with the wrong people and use stupid language. I could barely understand what you're trying to get across in your messages to steam. Overusing the word "palliative" makes you look stupid. It has no place in your discussion, its a medical term. Add the fact that you clearly don't understand the word as its medical usage is very different to your perceived meaning of it.

Your poor communication skills aside, lets look at your messages to steam and explain why you're stupid there. Considering how many thousands of games steam sell made by other companies you still expect some random support worker to have developer knowledge of your game, despite his likely-average computing knowledge beyond common errors in the steam service itself. He directs you to the people with knowledge and you demand respect from him and throw a few more poorly written arguments? I'm surprised he remained so professional. If would've - as I am now - called you a moron, verbally molested your argument, then informed you that respect is to be earned and you're doing a pretty poor job of earning any.

Take a moment to think before you get angry at others. With your obvious intelligence deficits it will most likely be your fault next time too.