PDA

View Full Version : Which patch can I get for AC2 that doesnt require constant internet connection to use

TheHb0mb3r
07-30-2012, 05:48 AM
I read this article, http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/01/04/newsflash-ubisoft-turn-off-drm-of-legend/ , which says that the most recent patch for AC2 only requires internet connection at the launch of the game, and promptly bought the game on Steam.

However, it still boots me from the game WHENEVER I lose connection. So, where is this patch and where do I get it?

MT4K
07-30-2012, 09:33 AM
If you have the latest version of AC2 then you should not be required to have a constant internet connection. I don't have the game on Steam but i guess it is possible it is using their cloud service or something as well and that might be causing the problem instead.

Try turning off steam cloud as a test or even just putting steam in Offline mode and trying to play and see if it works properly. If it does then you know Steam is the culprit :D.

I cannot say 100% though because like i said i don't have it on Steam myself. So if somebody else who does use Steam sees this then maybe they can give you a 100% answer :D.

Hope you get it working properly though.

TheHb0mb3r
07-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Ah, I'll try that, thank you.

Also, I realize that I put this in the wrong forum, can a moderator or admin or something move it to the PC section for me?

Mr_Shade
07-30-2012, 07:14 PM
moving thread.