PDA

View Full Version : I need help finding the Assassins Tomb in Monteriggioni please.

Barneyboy69
07-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Hi,

I have managed to create a Uplay account which I can access from my PS3.

I must have done this, although I don't recall, on my PC. I have been playing AC2 and much of the DLC to do with Sequences 12 and 13 automatically came in, although I wasn't expecting it to! I also have 20 knives in my belt - I don't know how it happened but it did!

I would like to gain access to the other stuff that is available in AC2, namely the Assassin's Tomb in Monteriggioni which is mentioned at great length in the Piggyback guide. I've looked for the shiny door which is supposed to be west of the training ground but I can't find it. I can't see any shiny doors and on the map there isn't any indication that it's there either.

How do I go about playing this part of the game?

Do I have to do anything special for this door to appear?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Black_Widow9
07-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Hello,
How far have you completed the game? You need to be at Sequence 5 at the minimum. Check it out- ;)
http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12909/related/1

Barneyboy69
07-30-2012, 02:26 PM
I have completed the game all but for a couple of the optional mad races around the cities and roof tops, (which I have difficulty with anyway).

I have the Platinum Edition of AC2 which was brand new out of the cellophane.

I had to redo the last Assassin's Tomb in the Arsenal boatyard because the door knob wasn't registering to get into the actual crypt, so I don't know if there's a problem generally.

If you can help that would be great!

Black_Widow9
07-31-2012, 01:15 AM
Had you played it previously before you purchased the Platinum Edition?

Barneyboy69
07-31-2012, 12:46 PM
Had you played it previously before you purchased the Platinum Edition?

The simple anser is no.

I went straight from finishing AC1, (also a Platinum Edition but a pre-used game) to starting playing AC2 which as I said before, I have completed apart from a couple of races and the Assassin's Tomb in Moneriggioni.

I used the Prima strategy guide with AC1 and followed the Piggyback guide with AC2.

The Piggyback guide highlights the fact that the Assassin's Tomb is only available to UPlay Account holders on page 55, where the walkthrough is described.

I believe I have created a Uplay account already, when I registered for this forum and website needing help on AC1. I tried registering again using my PS3 but it recognised that I had already registered with the same email address and therefore would not let me. In fact, noting this I hunted out my password which I keep with all the other thousands that i have accumulated over the years and using same, successfully logged on to UPlay.

The game, (AC2) did not come with any DLC codes. As I have stated, although a little dated now, was still sealed in the cellophane and I was the first to use it, (i.e. it wasn't a second-hand game).

If the Tomb was available, surely it would indicate the position of it on the map - it doesn't!

I am wondering if there is anything wrong with the software - but there again I am nowhere near an expert!

Got any ideas?

Steww-
08-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Sorry if you have done this, as it will seem obvious and patronising, but since you haven't mentioned it outright:
Have you claimed the reward from Uplay? Once you've signed up, you have to 'purchase' the tomb from Uplay.

This all said, I have purchased the reward, have completed sequence 5, and it still won't show up.

Barneyboy69
08-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Sorry if you have done this, as it will seem obvious and patronising, but since you haven't mentioned it outright:
Have you claimed the reward from Uplay? Once you've signed up, you have to 'purchase' the tomb from Uplay.

This all said, I have purchased the reward, have completed sequence 5, and it still won't show up.

I have solved my problem!

I had another peruse around Ubisoft/UPlay and I found where it was available and downloaded it.

It shows up now in my map of Monteriggioni and it is down the steps to the right of the practice ring.

Trouble is I'm a bit timid when it comes to navigating round these things and I need someone to show which direction to go in.

I have just bought Revelations GOTY edition in addition to the basic game and the Otterman edition - any advice on which is best to play and which is best to ditch?

douglaswalkers
08-18-2012, 10:49 AM
I have the same problem and my friend recommend me to go for prima strategy guide, this will help you to find he assassins. I have used this guide to complete couple of mazes and it went right.