PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Gameplay *SPOILERS*

Poodle_of_Doom
07-28-2012, 04:41 PM
This was my first time watching the game play, and I think it's going to be really neat. I think there will be a lot of adjustments to make from previous games though, as it looks as if they've blown the wall on this one. I love it's design, and how it flows. It seems as if we really can use everything now. What are your thoughts on it?

Haven't seen it? See below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgnOUQhpGvw

That said, are their any questions on how to do that mission? Truth be known, I wish they'd make up something completely unrelated to the game, so we wouldn't have any idea of what was going on. Does anyone know who this silas is?

Moultonborough
07-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Doesn't matter who Silas is. Hutchinson said we have not seen any real targets. Kinda odd. Thanks for the letdown though. Thought there was something new.:p

tarrero
07-28-2012, 06:03 PM
To me this mission is similar to the Borgia Captains, which I like by the way,

SaintPerkele
07-28-2012, 06:04 PM
A German gaming magazine wrote (I couldn't find this anywhere else though), that forts such as the one shown in the demo will function similar to Borgia towers, you can conquer them at any time and so on. That would imply that targets like Silas are, just like the Borgia Captain, not real persons. But since I haven't seen this anywhere else, this could as well be an assumption.

EDIT: Hivemind much, tarrero? :D

kriegerdesgottes
07-28-2012, 11:48 PM
A German gaming magazine wrote (I couldn't find this anywhere else though), that forts such as the one shown in the demo will function similar to Borgia towers, you can conquer them at any time and so on. That would imply that targets like Silas are, just like the Borgia Captain, not real persons. But since I haven't seen this anywhere else, this could as well be an assumption.

If that's true then I just hope that it's like in RDR where if you leave the fort after you beat the game you can still come back and retake it because the game repopulates it whenever you leave. I hated in Revelations where once you beat the game and you took all the towers and put an assassin there that was just it.

LoyalACFan
07-29-2012, 12:24 AM
If that's true then I just hope that it's like in RDR where if you leave the fort after you beat the game you can still come back and retake it because the game repopulates it whenever you leave. I hated in Revelations where once you beat the game and you took all the towers and put an assassin there that was just it.

Are you serious? Putting an Assassin there spared you from having to do Den Defense.

SixKeys
07-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Are you serious? Putting an Assassin there spared you from having to do Den Defense.

Den Defense was awful but taking over the towers was fun. I think he means you should have been able to replay the den-capturing parts without having to go through Den Defense.

OriginalMiles
07-29-2012, 02:06 AM
The more I see, the more tempted I am to steal a DeLorean.

kriegerdesgottes
07-29-2012, 03:05 AM
Den Defense was awful but taking over the towers was fun. I think he means you should have been able to replay the den-capturing parts without having to go through Den Defense.

Yes that is what I meant. Sorry I haven't played Revelations in so long I literally blocked that den defense crap out of my mind but yes I meant I enjoyed the part where you have to go in and kill the guy/kill everyone and then kill the guy. I hope they do what RDR did like I said before and make it so that you can always come back and find the den inhabited so I can kill them again.

LoyalACFan
07-29-2012, 04:02 AM
Yes that is what I meant. Sorry I haven't played Revelations in so long I literally blocked that den defense crap out of my mind but yes I meant I enjoyed the part where you have to go in and kill the guy/kill everyone and then kill the guy. I hope they do what RDR did like I said before and make it so that you can always come back and find the den inhabited so I can kill them again.

Oh, OK, I misunderstood you, I'm sorry. I agree with you, then. If they had just removed the Den Defense and allowed you to infiltrate the area and kill the captain again, that would have been pretty cool.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-29-2012, 04:05 AM
Doesn't matter who Silas is. Hutchinson said we have not seen any real targets. Kinda odd. Thanks for the letdown though. Thought there was something new.:p

Yeah,... but more specifically, I'm curious to know what everyone thinks of the game play aspects.

connor_bg
07-29-2012, 07:16 AM

I agree for no den defences at this one.

InfectedNation
07-29-2012, 10:59 AM

I would agree, but then why does it say "Sequence 8: Assault on Fort blah blah blah" when you approach the colonial soldier?

LoyalACFan
07-29-2012, 11:30 AM
I would agree, but then why does it say "Sequence 8: Assault on Fort blah blah blah" when you approach the colonial soldier?

I wouldn't read too much into that, since Alex said the Templar in there wasn't actually a story target. It could be that Fort St. Matthews (or whatever) is somewhere completely different that they don't want to showcase just yet, and they used one of the smaller, generic forts of the Frontier for the demo.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-29-2012, 03:34 PM

I never notied that. Good Catch!

connor_bg
07-29-2012, 04:15 PM

Wow. Nice noticed. But the borgia towers, (kind of a tutorial) introduce to the new addition in Brotherhood it was planted as a main mission (i believe sequence 2), so this may be the "introducing" main story mission of those kind of "take overs" in AC3.You may dispute about the "8" as a sequence, but i think ubisoft is just showing off of some kind.