PDA

View Full Version : Question about the ac2 escape from abstergo

lilshawty741
07-28-2012, 07:21 AM
I'm replaying ac2 and i noticed something weird about the escape. We know that Lucy was a double agent working with the Templars, and that the "escape" was planned out by her and Vidic. If this is the case than why do Desmond and Lucy encounter a door that she can't open? Do they know/suspect that Desmond now has eagle vision and can see the right buttons to push? Just seems like a weird oversight on her/vidic's part.

LoyalACFan
07-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Well, she said she thought the key card would work. It's not like she said "Oh, f***, I forgot this door was here." She had no reason to doubt that her security credentials would let her through, so she didn't give it a second thought.

Calvarok
07-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Whoever planned the escape screwed up, and Desmond just happened to have the right skills to keep the plan in motion. Much like 72, it seems like one of those convenient things that maybe TWCB somehow planned.

HareyMon
07-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Is it known why Lucy had bloodstains on her shirt?

LightRey
07-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Well It could also be that it was a test of Desmond's Eagle Vision, to see how how much he was affected by the Bleeding Effect.

Altair661
07-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Wait, the escape was planned by Vidic too? That doesn't make much sense to me...

I don't know if that's part of the ACR DLC (of which I have yet to play, getting it soon though) so please don't spoil it for me.

If it's apart of that than just say play Lost Archive, unless there's something I've been missing the entire series then please inform me lol.

SaintPerkele
07-28-2012, 11:33 AM
"Play Lost Archive" ;)

The most simple explanation would be that the Lucy twist was just not yet planned in AC2 to be honest..

Poodle_of_Doom
07-28-2012, 04:16 PM
I think the first two responses were the closest.

LionHeart XXII
07-28-2012, 05:22 PM
"Play Lost Archive" ;)

The most simple explanation would be that the Lucy twist was just not yet planned in AC2 to be honest..

This is truly what I think too, I mean it just doesn't feel like the the whole lucy thing was planned from the get go regardless of what they have said.

Locopells
07-28-2012, 06:17 PM
It's quite simple. Not everyone in Abstergo would have known about Lucy, so when she starts taking out the regular grunts, someone obviously tripped an alarm before Vidic, et al, could cancel it.

Serrachio
07-28-2012, 06:27 PM
It's quite simple. Not everyone in Abstergo would have known about Lucy, so when she starts taking out the regular grunts, someone obviously tripped an alarm before Vidic, et al, could cancel it.

Lucy had been there since Clay was brought to Abstergo.

Doubtful.

kudos17
07-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Well, she said she thought the key card would work. It's not like she said "Oh, f***, I forgot this door was here." She had no reason to doubt that her security credentials would let her through, so she didn't give it a second thought.

This seems like the best explanation.

Thought, honestly, this whole situation screams retcon. I doubt heavily that Ubi even considered making Lucy a traitor until at least Brotherhood.

Locopells
07-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Lucy had been there since Clay was brought to Abstergo.

Doubtful.

I meant not everyone would have known she was really working for Abstergo all along. All they see is Lucy breaking out.

And I hate this Captcha thing!!!!

itsamea-mario
07-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Well a double agent is still an agent. i doubt any of the grunts knew the situation, what they see is an employee helping a prisoner escape, keeping intelligence to a minumum is a safe way of making sure an operation is successful, plus it makes it more believable for Desmond.

As for the door, i don't know, from the emails in AC1 we know that security passes can be subject to immediate change, so it may have been an oversight in the plan. or perhaps there was no plan, no briefing between Lucy and Vidic, just an overall goal, making it up as she goes along. we don't know how deep undercover she was, it may be that Vidic was the only one aware of lucy's true objective at that time.

Or perhaps they really just didn't think about the lucy thing, and wanted to show off how adapt Desmonds Eagle vision was.

LoyalACFan
07-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Thought, honestly, this whole situation screams retcon. I doubt heavily that Ubi even considered making Lucy a traitor until at least Brotherhood.

Very true. But still, I think they retconned it pretty well. They didn't leave anything hanging.

dxsxhxcx
07-28-2012, 10:41 PM
IMO she probably did that on purpose to make the escape more believable, if Desmond wasn't able to use his eagle vision she would probably come up with something to open that door..

OriginalMiles
07-29-2012, 02:12 AM
1: They planned Lucy's Templarness half way through AC2's dev
2: She had to make it convincing.
3: Pie