PDA

View Full Version : Villain Discussion

GunnarGunderson
07-28-2012, 04:55 AM
I know it goes without saying that the villain will be a Templar but will he/she be on one side or the other? Will they be a member of one of the armies? If I had to guess I'd have to say that they will either be completely unaffiliated with either side or they will be a Patriot since the game keeps going long after the British leave.

LoyalACFan
07-28-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm betting on either Charles Lee or one of the Founding Fathers. Probably Washington. You know, for shock value. I realize Washington died several years after the end of the game, but Hutchinson did say there was one MAJOR deviation from history. Maybe the Washington we know as an American president was a doppelganger to replace the real one, who was killed by Connor.

masterfenix2009
07-28-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm betting on either Charles Lee or one of the Founding Fathers. Probably Washington. You know, for shock value. I realize Washington died several years after the end of the game, but Hutchinson did say there was one MAJOR deviation from history. Maybe the Washington we know as an American president was a doppelganger to replace the real one, who was killed by Connor.
It's not really shock value if you can figure it out in 5 seconds :p

Altair661
07-28-2012, 10:17 AM
That would make sense though (George Washington) because Alex did say he thought they had the biggest villain in gaming

And if you played the truth in AC2, you would see a picture of George Washington WITH an Apple of Eden. When Alex was asked about this at the Comic-Con panel, he dodged the question to avoid spoilers and advised to play the game. So we KNOW he will come in contact with an Apple at some point. So that would be crazy if it was, but I'm expecting some Red Coat that comes close to killing Connor maybe like Charles Lee or some made up guy. It'd be alot cooler if it was someone real in history though.

connor_bg
07-28-2012, 11:04 AM
And what about the e3 villain, what is his name, why connor was so mad at him, will there be cinematic-gameplay tie as it was with acr?

AnthonyA85
07-28-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm guessing that it's Connor's father, if it's not one of the founding fathers.

But i'm guessing we're gonna basically have another "Al Mualim", someone we're friends with at the start of the game, and by the end of the game, we're trying to kill them.

Afterall, the BEST villains, are the ones who pretend to be the good guys until they've got what they want, and stab you in the back..

BBALive
07-28-2012, 02:24 PM
And what about the e3 villain, what is his name, why connor was so mad at him, will there be cinematic-gameplay tie as it was with acr?

The targets in the E3 demos weren't actual story targets. They were either side missions or demo-only targets.

BBALive
07-28-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm guessing that it's Connor's father, if it's not one of the founding fathers.

But i'm guessing we're gonna basically have another "Al Mualim", someone we're friends with at the start of the game, and by the end of the game, we're trying to kill them.

Afterall, the BEST villains, are the ones who pretend to be the good guys until they've got what they want, and stab you in the back..

In my opinion, the best villains are those who have motives that are hard to disagree with. Ozymandias from Watchmen, for example.

The betrayal twist can be good, but only if it done right. Bioshock did the betrayal twist right, so did System Shock 2.

AnthonyA85
07-28-2012, 03:08 PM
In my opinion, the best villains are those who have motives that are hard to disagree with. Ozymandias from Watchmen, for example.

The betrayal twist can be good, but only if it done right. Bioshock did the betrayal twist right, so did System Shock 2.

And that is why i liked Al Mualim so much as the bad guy in AC1, he made a very convincing (and fairly logical) argument, i pretty much agreed with what he said to Altair at the end of the game, he was basically right.

Serrachio
07-28-2012, 03:28 PM
The only way I could see George Washington being a Templar is if it went something along the lines of him thinking that by seperating the colonies from British rule, it would enable the Templar Order to create their New World, and that Connor couldn't kill him because if he did, it would create too big of a turmoil and revert the colonies back into anarchy. This could be supported by the fact that the newly established country would need a ruler to lead them, and maybe that the Assassins could let the Templars win this victory, since Connor discovers the Grand Temple and that giving Desmond the chance to save the world would be more important in the long run.

Personally, I would expect Connor's final villain to be Benedict Arnold as a Templar, but he could escape and sail to London, where he spent his later life.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-28-2012, 04:11 PM

Washingtons death after the fact could simply of been an illusion that people were forced to believe by the apple.

kudos17
07-28-2012, 04:27 PM

I believe the best villains are like the Joker... those "who can't be bargained or reasoned with..." etc, etc.

Villains that walk the grey area between villain and hero are good, too. The Jackal in Far Cry 2, for example.

Secret twists only work if they work well. Otherwise, they're cheesy. Like BBA said, the Bioshock twist was great. Twists like the one in Black Ops and Spec Ops: The Line are good, but a tad predictable (if you've played both, you'll also understand the similarity).

I personally believe Washington, if an enemy, will be the one who plays the grey area. He fights alongside Connor, but eventually they grow apart. I don't think Washington will be a Templar per se, but just a man with a different view. And with a PoE, that will also make him a threat.

That said, I don't know if Washington will even be an enemy. It seems... obvious, doesn't it? An unexpected twist isn't a twist if everyone expects it.

connor_bg
07-28-2012, 09:31 PM
The targets in the E3 demos weren't actual story targets. They were either side missions or demo-only targets.
This answer has nothing to do with the question i've just asked...
p.s.- leandros chase is a side mission?
Cesare is not related with the game story?....lol...

LoyalACFan
07-28-2012, 09:59 PM
This answer has nothing to do with the question i've just asked...
p.s.- leandros chase is a side mission?
Cesare is not related with the game story?....lol...

He's talking about AC3... :nonchalance:

The British general in the cinematic trailer and the bearded guy in the frontier demo aren't actually going to be story targets.

DarkSolitude-X
07-29-2012, 07:21 AM
He's talking about AC3... :nonchalance:

The British general in the cinematic trailer and the bearded guy in the frontier demo aren't actually going to be story targets.

An example of "one of the new game mechanics" then?

Ok, Silas I can see...capture the fort and you capture the area of land, but the general in the E3 trailer? ... Well I guess that Washington was trying to hold a fort down. Randomly generated captains then? If so, then I wonder how big the pool might be. hmmm...

LoyalACFan
07-29-2012, 12:02 PM
An example of "one of the new game mechanics" then?

Ok, Silas I can see...capture the fort and you capture the area of land, but the general in the E3 trailer? ... Well I guess that Washington was trying to hold a fort down. Randomly generated captains then? If so, then I wonder how big the pool might be. hmmm...

The target in the E3 trailer may be loosely based on John Pitcairn (just as the target in the AC2 E3 trailer was loosely based on Silvio Barbarigo), but the scenario shown is not going to appear in the game. It looked to be a fictionalized version of the Battle of Bunker Hill- a battle George Washington wasn't even involved with. So obviously the proceedings shown won't reflect the actual story of the game.

WolfTemplar94
07-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Wouldn't it be mind-blowing if the real George Washington was killed at the end of the game, and Connor replaced him, using the PoE's illusion powers to make himself appear as George Washington?

Woah.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Wouldn't it be mind-blowing if the real George Washington was killed at the end of the game, and Connor replaced him, using the PoE's illusion powers to make himself appear as George Washington?

Woah.

That would. Although, I kind of like my idea from a couple of posts ago a little better.