PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Release Date Pushed Back for PC? DRM?

Nyxeify
07-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Hello everyone. I've been googling this over and over, and I always end up being confused. One place they say that the release date has been pushed back to November :mad: And then another place they say it's just a rumor and the PC version is still going to release alongside Xbox and PS3... So which is it really? Is there any solid confirmation?

If it really is true that they are (as always) pushing back the release of the PC version, then is there a reason why? I hope it's not a pointless DRM... Everyone knows that those always get cracked within a few days no matter what. If Ubisoft apparently hates PC gamers so much, could they atleast let their paying PC customers get some sort of valid reasoning as to why we are being treated like criminals? I mean, I understand that they want to protect their game against piracy, but in doing that they are punishing their paying customers as well, while the pirates still get away. It's really frustrating to say the least.

So they hate PC gamers because they think that most of us are pirates... Well what about honest and paying PC gamers then? Don't we matter to them anymore? Aren't we worthy of some decency from the company in which we place a lot of money?... I guess not, judging from the last releases of AC. We've been treated like dirt, even though we pay for the game like everybody else. I know you are trying to get rid of the pirates, but please understand that the DRM is not the solution. If it didn't work the last 5 times, why should it work now?

End of rant sorry. All I'm asking is to be treated equally and fairly like console gamers. Please have some decency Ubisoft. You need to find better solutions to fight against piracy. And you seriously need to work on your customer service. Paying customers should never be treated like criminals or rubbish. That's the fastest way to lose them. So if you don't want to lose your paying customers, start by simply LISTENING to them for pity's sake!

Even though nobody is probaly going to see this, I just needed to get it off my chest. So if you've read this I just want to say that I'm sorry if I got a little bit too ranting there, but thanks for listening anyways. (Also sorry if my english isn't perfect, but it isn't my first language :p)

I've always been looking forward to AC releases, even if I always get dissapointed by them getting delayed and then having pointless DRM's. Just hoping I won't get dissapointed this time :(... Even though that's a slim chance, I always hope... *Sigh*

Edit: A Penny Arcade video on the subject of piracy in video games. Please have a look :) http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/piracy

TheFrontLine
07-27-2012, 10:39 PM
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/13/3156512/assassins-creed-3-pc-version-delayed-past-october-30th-release-date
I believe this is the most up-to-date news on the whole "AC3 PC Delay" thing.

Nyxeify
07-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Thank you. Brings my hope up a little more I guess :) @Ubisoft please don't shatter my bubble of hope?

TheFrontLine
07-27-2012, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't expect it, lol.
They have a few more months to "surprise" us with a delay.

TB_Jaybird
07-28-2012, 08:30 PM
As long as people pre-purchase crap they can do whatever they want. Dont want DRM? Then dont buy games such as this franchise that is stuffed with it.

UBI, not so long ago, said outright that us PC users are just a bunch of thieving little pirates so i am NOT buying ANYTHING of theirs anymore. NO AC3 especially since they wont support the traditional Mouse and keyboard and would rather have us use controllers. ubi can stuff it because of that statement alone let alone the DRM crap

SixKeys
07-28-2012, 10:29 PM
UBI, not so long ago, said outright that us PC users are just a bunch of thieving little pirates so i am NOT buying ANYTHING of theirs anymore. NO AC3 especially since they wont support the traditional Mouse and keyboard and would rather have us use controllers. ubi can stuff it because of that statement alone let alone the DRM crap

You have the right to your opinion, but at least stop spreading false information. AC3 will have KB+M support. Ubi only recommends a controller because the games were designed to be played with a controller. But they already confirmed AC3 will have KB+M support just like the rest.

Nyxeify
07-29-2012, 12:15 AM
As long as people pre-purchase crap they can do whatever they want. Dont want DRM? Then dont buy games such as this franchise that is stuffed with it.

My point is that we are not all thieving little pirates, no matter how ignorant Ubisoft are. And I can't just not buy the game just because of the DRM. I love AC, and I'll buy it in the end no matter what >.< Still, I do prefer to be treated with decency when I buy something. It's like I hand them my money and get slapped in the face - but I still give them my money! Quite humiliating to say the least. But it's a cruel world I guess. For now we just have to put up with it until Ubisoft decides to stop being ignorant and mean to us.