PDA

View Full Version : The Weapons of Assassin's Creed - Bayezid's Knife

EscoBlades
07-27-2012, 08:07 PM
After the break of a week, Weapons of Ac is back. This time, we take a look at a less well known, but frequently recurring weapon, Bayezid's Knife, aka Maria's Dagger aka Sultan's Knife. Enjoy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eR-96i0MD8

MT4K
07-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Another great video Esco :D. Haha i like the name Lacey knife lol.

EscoBlades
07-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Another great video Esco :D. Haha i like the name Lacey knife lol.

Thanks :D Those Lacey knives actually belong to a really cool dude on deviantart who allowed us use them in the video. He's got a great, well kept collection.

SixKeys
07-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Nice!

bilnovile09
07-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Great Video Guys, This is Really Nice

reddragonhrcro
07-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Cool stuff as always.

EscoBlades
07-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Thanks all :)

rileypoole1234
07-28-2012, 01:33 AM
Now that is a sexy blade. Nice vid Esco;)

Steww-
07-28-2012, 11:34 AM
I must admit, I thought I was going to be patronised at the start, but in the end it was a very informative and well put together video.
Although you'll be tired of hearing it, good job.

EscoBlades
07-28-2012, 11:38 AM
I must admit, I thought I was going to be patronised at the start, but in the end it was a very informative and well put together video.
Although you'll be tired of hearing it, good job.

Phew, am glad you enjoyed it, thank you for the feedback, it is always welcome when constructive :)

catkiller97
07-28-2012, 11:48 AM
+1 Esco

GLHS
07-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Another informative video! Good job. Honestly, I never really payed any attention to Bayezid's Knife or it's counterparts, so I didn't even realize that the same blade had appeared under different names in the games since AC2. I don't use shortblades too much anyway. I'm replaying the series now, so it'll be something to pay attention to this time around.

oliacr
07-28-2012, 10:21 PM
good

InfectedNation
07-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Brilliant as always Esco. A while ago I posted on your Facebook saying it would be intersting to see a video on the poison blade (not just regular poisoning). It would be cool if you could find out some interesting info on the weapon.

Another informative video! Good job. Honestly, I never really payed any attention to Bayezid's Knife or it's counterparts, so I didn't even realize that the same blade had appeared under different names in the games since AC2. I don't use shortblades too much anyway. I'm replaying the series now, so it'll be something to pay attention to this time around.

Trust me, it's actually really satisfying to try ditching your sword and using a knife instead, I find the combat is more fun and flows better, and it makes more logcial sense for a freerunning assassin trying to keep a low profile, to not carry a sword everywhere.

OriginalMiles
07-29-2012, 02:18 AM
Great as always Esco!!

EscoBlades
07-29-2012, 03:49 AM
Brilliant as always Esco. A while ago I posted on your Facebook saying it would be intersting to see a video on the poison blade (not just regular poisoning). It would be cool if you could find out some interesting info on the weapon.

Yes, i saw your message. Currently looking into that for a future episode. I think it could be interesting in terms of mechanics. And thank you :)

GLHS
07-29-2012, 11:05 AM

Trust me, it's actually really satisfying to try ditching your sword and using a knife instead, I find the combat is more fun and flows better, and it makes more logcial sense for a freerunning assassin trying to keep a low profile, to not carry a sword everywhere.

Oh, I've definitely had my share of play time with a shortblade. That's really all I use in AC1. As far as AC2, the weapons wheel bugs me, so I just use the swords, and will pull a shortblade out every now and again. I've mostly used the shortblade in AC:B and AC:R. But yeah, you do get better chain kills and faster flow than with a sword.