PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tully

gothkrieger
07-25-2012, 06:00 AM
In a forum I started about screen resolutions you mentioned:

“I'm running 1280x960 windowed on a 1900x1080 LCD. No special reason 'cept it allows me to watch teamspeak while I fly without having to worry about TS overlay messing up”.

You must have a 1920 x 1080 / 16.9 monitor just like me. I see you are running a resolution that is not on that monitor line, (as in the monitor resolution diagram on the aforementioned forum) and running it in a window.

So I would like to try something, I would like to try running 1440 x 810 resolution (split the 1280 x 720 – 1600 x 900 resolutions in the middle) to see if it makes a compromise between not loosing too much ability to identify aircraft at close ranges and improve the ability to see aircraft at medium ranges, especially against backgrounds.

I can run 1440 x 810, no problem, but I can’t get it to go full screen on a monitor with a 1600 x 900 resolution

As this is a proportionally accurate for the monitor display (16.9) I would like to run it in full screen (rather than a window if possible). Been playing with FullScreen= and SaveAspect= etc but without luck. Is it possible?

Tully__
07-25-2012, 10:51 AM
The game can probably do that, but I suspect that you can't get full screen because the monitor, the monitor driver or the graphics card driver don't support that as a full screen resolution. Someone who knows more about that side of the equation might like to comment...?

gothkrieger
07-26-2012, 03:33 AM
I went looking around in my NVIDIA control panel, there is a custom resolution utility, set my values there and it works fine. Testing looking good so far. So now game and monitor have same resolution and I have full screen game.