PDA

View Full Version : *RUMOR* Sounds Like Assassin’s Creed III is Getting a TON of DLC

im3jia
07-23-2012, 03:48 AM
http://kotaku.com/5928119/sounds-likeSounds Like Assassin’s Creed III is Getting a TON of DLC-assassins-creed-iii-is-getting-a-ton-of-dlc

"...a little note sent out by Ubisoft to GameStop stores patting them all on the back for their stellar efforts in bugging enough of you into preordering a game that they hit a quota."

http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/9/2012/07/acdlc.jpg

"...we're told that Ubisoft has formed a team specifically to create post-release DLC for Assassin's Creed III, and that there'll be enough of it to warrant some kind of "season pass" being sold for the game which would presumably entitle purchasers to a discount rate for buying all of it at once."

BATISTABUS
07-23-2012, 04:11 AM
Sounds good. I buy them all anyway (except for Revelations...), so I might as well save some money.

tarrero
07-23-2012, 04:29 AM
Pretty RDR ish, I like it . As a matter of fact, I prefer this over a rushed sequel.....

rileypoole1234
07-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Wow. It seems like there'll be really quite a lot of DLC, if that image is real after all. It seems really easy to fake.

Chocoburger
07-23-2012, 04:54 AM
Why did you put the word RUMOR on the subject line? This is very much obvious to be a fact. Ubisoft is going hardcore into DLC for this game.

They get a free necklace..? Ubisoft is constantly handing out freebies to people who aren't buying anything, but what about the paying customers? Nothing? Amazing behavior on display. Anyway, looks like I'll be buying my first 'season pass' but it better include ALL the retail DLC that they're splitting up.

Gregolian
07-23-2012, 05:09 AM
Oh boy season passes.

im3jia
07-23-2012, 05:23 AM
Why did you put the word RUMOR on the subject line? This is very much obvious to be a fact. Ubisoft is going hardcore into DLC for this game.They get a free necklace..? Ubisoft is constantly handing out freebies to people who aren't buying anything, but what about the paying customers? Nothing? Amazing behavior on display. Anyway, looks like I'll be buying my first 'season pass' but it better include ALL the retail DLC that they're splitting up.

Ubisoft hasn't officially announced any of these details to the public so they might not be entirely accurate.

Also, I've read some of the comments on the Kotaku, and people are pretty negative about it. But everyone here likes it so far. :)

And, haven't we known already about a Season Pass? It's available to pre-order on the EU PSN,

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/MEJJOS/AAACSEASONPASS.jpg?t=1343019315

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-23-2012, 05:24 AM
Yes yes yes. Ubisoft is going over the top to get us their best game yet, and I love it.

FL4PPYflap
07-23-2012, 05:50 AM
Lot's of DLC, I like it :D!

Off topic: I haven't seen Hasoon lately, maybe he's taken a break from posting hundreds of replies every day.

sticks165
07-23-2012, 05:58 AM
Lot's of DLC, I like it :D!

Off topic: I haven't seen Hasoon lately, maybe he's taken a break from posting hundreds of replies every day.

he left the forum because he felt that he wasn't welcomed.

MetalCreed
07-23-2012, 06:00 AM
Let's hope
-Multiplayer DLC
-Singleplayer DLC
-Outfit/ Items/ Weapons DLC

Also, there's also a lot of exclusive pre-order DLC, I wonder if the retail exclusive DLC will be available a few months after launch or included in the GotY edition.

WolfTemplar94
07-23-2012, 06:01 AM
I wouldn't trust Kotako though.

It's probably true, anyway. DLC is a good way to make extra money on a game, so it makes sense business wise. Hopefully they release all of the pre-order packs.

FL4PPYflap
07-23-2012, 06:10 AM
he left the forum because he felt that he wasn't welcomed.

Aww that's kinda sad. I didn't really have a problem with his posts. I didn't feel like they were off topic. And didn't MT4K go to like the Gamespot forums?

LoyalACFan
07-23-2012, 06:57 AM
I probably won't get the season pass, since I'm not interested at all in MP DLC. Sounds like they're really going all-out with the DLC this time though, hopefully they'll be as good as Rockstar's.

lukaszep
07-23-2012, 07:38 AM
I haven't seen an individual Season Pass available on the EU Playstation store. But it's in the gold edition and the Liberations bundle as well. It works out roughly £35/£45 (depending on whether they are charging £39 or £49 for the game...the store is usually extremely over priced for game downloads).
£45 is A LOT of money for DLC, and that's meant to be a saving? Either this is over priced for small additional missions or it's fairly priced and the DLC will add up to at least an extra 5 hours of gameplay missions.

jzsnyder
07-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Aww that's kinda sad. I didn't really have a problem with his posts. I didn't feel like they were off topic. And didn't MT4K go to like the Gamespot forums?

Stop this discussion. End it now.

I'm sick of people posting about Hasoon in any way. He's gone. Move on. Now stop talking about him. Now.

POP1Fan
07-23-2012, 09:47 AM
If this is true I think Ubisoft is starting to go in the right direction.If there really is a "ton" of DLC let's hope that there will be new sequences, but not like in AC2 where they should've been in the game in the first place (I play on PC so I didn't have this problem but for console users it sucks), but more like Brotherhood.New sequences that introduce new features and a new narative for Connor
I also want new tombs like the Vlad The Impaler misson, I am sure the pre-order missions are going to be released too.
And of course multiplayer DLC, though I don't play it too much.

Captain Tomatoz
07-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Let's hope its not the same as the season pass for saints row the third. They cancelled the last DLC and now everyone has been cheated. If they charge £45 for dlc then I'd hope it added a lot more than 5 hours because £45 is more than a game from some stores and I hate games that are less than 5 hours long.

EscoBlades
07-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Herp derp Kotaku derp

deskp
07-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Herp derp Kotaku derp

I like kotaku, its a centralized location to get all the news from all other game websites!

I'm very interested in dlc for the game. hopefully this team can focus on new SP missions, weapons and costumes. To me multiplayer dlc is second rate.

I don't know what content is planned, but I hope the first dlc is out before christmas.

And getting all the pre order costumes with the season pass SHOULD be a give.. but it is?

Let's hope its not the same as the season pass for saints row the third. They cancelled the last DLC and now everyone has been cheated.

Well that shouldnt happen with ubisoft, Saits row the third is made by/ublished by a studio that is in kindof a **** nsituation money wise atm.

Ubisoft knows the pre order numbers for the game and propably have a good idea how many people will buy the season pass.

I will proapbly be buying the season pass. looking forward to seeing what detail they tell us about it when it becomes available. promises promises

TheHumanTowel
07-23-2012, 11:24 AM
That looks quite fake and it's Kotaku so I'm not getting my hopes up about anything. Not until there's an official Ubisoft confirmation.

EscoBlades
07-23-2012, 11:47 AM
That looks quite fake and it's Kotaku so I'm not getting my hopes up about anything. Not until there's an official Ubisoft confirmation.

No, its real (the season pass and the Gamestop letter about DLC), but it is old news. As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, the season pass has been available to download with the Gold Edition on the PS Store for a month now.

Locopells
07-23-2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxlhyX-4qKI

Stop this discussion. End it now.

I'm sick of people posting about Hasoon in any way. He's gone. Move on. Now stop talking about him. Now.

Lighten up dude, the guy's gone, what more do you want? Sure it's off topic, but wow...

Herp derp Kotaku derp

No, its real (the season pass and the Gamestop letter about DLC), but it is old news. As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, the season pass has been available to download with the Gold Edition on the PS Store for a month now.

So why the last comment if it's real? Just goes to prove they're not always wrong, even if they're late...

De Filosoof
07-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Ubisoft, what the **** is going on.

Maybe it's a good idea for AC4 to feature a templar/abstergo protagonist because it seems ubisoft is going in that direction.

EscoBlades
07-23-2012, 12:26 PM
So why the last comment if it's real? Just goes to prove they're not always wrong, even if they're late...

Because its super late, already been discussed/ reported, and their treating it as rumour is wrong.

Also, its Kotaku. So derp.

Locopells
07-23-2012, 12:44 PM
I think we get you don't like them...

To be fair however, it was the OP who said rumour, not Kotaku. And it's hardly their fault if it was only sent to them over the weekend (though it's their problem for not keeping up).

That said, I hadn't seen this, but then I don't live on the forums. Even so, I think Iago's response pretty much sums up my own...

catkiller97
07-23-2012, 12:47 PM
They are not confirmed by UBI yet.

EscoBlades
07-23-2012, 12:49 PM
I think we get you don't like them...

To be fair however, it was the OP who said rumour, not Kotaku. And it's hardly their fault if it was only sent to them over the weekend (though it's their problem for not keeping up).

That said, I hadn't seen this, but then I don't live on the forums. Even so, I think Iago's response pretty much sums up my own...

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr193/gbiese/kotaku.png

*cough*

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/07/23/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-iii-season-pass-again/

pacmanate
07-23-2012, 12:51 PM
As long as the DLC isn't multiplayer then good. Otherwise I really could not care.

EscoBlades
07-23-2012, 12:54 PM
As long as the DLC isn't multiplayer then good. Otherwise I really could not care.

There will be some SP and MP DLC, going by both experience and the Season Pass description on the PS Store.

Locopells
07-23-2012, 12:55 PM
*cough*

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/07/23/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-iii-season-pass-again/

OK, my bad, I missed that. But do we have to be mean to the slow kid in the class?

pacmanate
07-23-2012, 12:56 PM
OK, my bad I missed that. But do we have to be mean to the slow kid in the class?

No, but you weren't slow, you just jumped to your own conclusion without going to the sauce.

EscoBlades
07-23-2012, 12:59 PM
OK, my bad, I missed that. But do we have to be mean to the slow kid in the class?

My blog post was aimed squarely at Kotaku, not you by the way. Just making sure we are on the same page here.

I was merely using it to back up my previous point about their derp. They are kinda famous for it ;)

Locopells
07-23-2012, 01:00 PM
No, but you weren't slow, you just jumped to your own conclusion without going to the sauce.

Not me, I meant Kotaku! And I did go to the source, I just missed the little note at the top of the article.Try looking before you leap.

My blog post was aimed squarely at Kotaku, not you by the way. Just making sure we are on the same page here.
I was merely using it to back up my previous point about their derp. They are kinda famous for it http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/wink.png

I never thought it was, don't worry.

Yeah, I know! Just trying to be objective, that's all.

pacmanate
07-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Not me, I meant Kotaku! And I did go to the source, I just missed the little note at the top of the article.Try looking before you leap.

Sauce.

Locopells
07-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Sauce.

Old joke. Sorry.

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-23-2012, 01:20 PM
As long as it's story stuff and not crappy multiplayer maps, I'm buying. I hope Ubisoft takes a page out of Rockstar's book and makes a semi-story DLC with new characters.

MarleyMon81
07-23-2012, 02:03 PM
If I've already pre-ordered from GS, would I probably have to go and adjust my pre-order if they attach one with the season pass or would you just purchase the season pass seperate or just pre-order the season pass along with the game itself?

FirestarLuva
07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
I hope the DLC are as long as the Battle of Forli in AC2 and Da Vinci Disappearance in Brotherhood and have something to do with the story. Maybe what happened with Connor post AC3?

notafanboy
07-23-2012, 02:30 PM
will you be able to buy the season pass separate or will i have to adjust my pre-order ?

JCearlyyears
07-23-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't play the multiplayer, and I know none of us know how much dlc is going onto this game, but just in your personal opinion, do you think that it is a better idea to buy the season pass, or to buy the separate SP dlc? I just don't want to waste my money on something I wont use.

kudos17
07-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Oh good, season-pass DLC, my favorite business practice... :nonchalance:

Because pre-ordering wasn't good enough, now in the industry, we pre-order DLC. Yes, that's right, DLC.

I'll need to get a better look at what this season pass entails before I buy. If I am going to buy all the DLC for AC3 anyway, I guess I might as well get the pass.

SixKeys
07-23-2012, 03:58 PM
So does anyone have any idea how this is going to affect us PC players?

GunnarGunderson
07-23-2012, 05:38 PM
So does anyone have any idea how this is going to affect us PC players? The PC version will be delayed and you'll get all the DLC that came out before it

RatonhnhakeFan
07-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Oh good, season-pass DLC, my favorite business practice... :nonchalance:
Don't you just love this generation? I can only imagine what new methods of squeezing their customers outta money publishers are cooking up for next generation when PS4 & X720 arrive...

kudos17
07-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Don't you just love this generation? I can only imagine what new methods of squeezing their customers outta money publishers are cooking up for next generation when PS4 & X720 arrive...

I... I don't even want to think about it... makes me sick just guessing >.>

So does anyone have any idea how this is going to affect us PC players?

I'm not sure about the schedule but don't think you'll get anything for free, even if AC is delayed on PC. It just doesn't work like that anymore. I'd expect they'll craft some manageable method for PC gamers to purchase the DLC too.

jzsnyder
07-23-2012, 09:33 PM

I bet they'll make video games :eek:

RatonhnhakeFan
07-23-2012, 09:33 PM
I... I don't even want to think about it... makes me sick just guessing >.>IKR?

Oh, and I'm just gonna say it. I smell "ACTUAL ending DLC for just $15" all over this news. I wouldn't be surprised in a bit if Ubisoft pulled it. They wouldn't be the first to do that

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-23-2012, 09:59 PM
IKR?

Oh, and I'm just gonna say it. I smell "ACTUAL ending DLC for just $15" all over this news. I wouldn't be surprised in a bit if Ubisoft pulled it. They wouldn't be the first to do that
No, Hutchinson wouldn't allow that for AC3. He really is devoted to making this game as epic as possible.

I really like how they want to continue Connor's story with a lot of DLC, and not 2 other games. My hype level at this point is off the scale. >_>

FirestarLuva
07-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Will all the DLC be available for PC?

notafanboy
07-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Will all the DLC be available for PC?

why wouldn´t it be available to PC players

RatonhnhakeFan
07-23-2012, 10:40 PM
No, Hutchinson wouldn't allow that for AC3.
This is not his decision unfortunately. If the higher-ups at Ubi demand it to happen, he will have to do it.

Requiscent
07-23-2012, 10:46 PM
I'd wait before jumping to any conclusions, we have no idea what this entails just yet. Could be like ME2 where just about all the DLC (not including the weapon packs and costumes) were actually very good.

ShadownetX
07-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Why did you put the word RUMOR on the subject line? This is very much obvious to be a fact. Ubisoft is going hardcore into DLC for this game.

They get a free necklace..? Ubisoft is constantly handing out freebies to people who aren't buying anything, but what about the paying customers? Nothing? Amazing behavior on display. Anyway, looks like I'll be buying my first 'season pass' but it better include ALL the retail DLC that they're splitting up.

Yeah I was just thinking that, they give away quality stuff to people who aren't buying ****, yet they don't give us anything. and all I read from that letter was "money money money.. we're gonna cut some stuff from the game and make you pay more for it."

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-24-2012, 05:26 AM
This is not his decision unfortunately. If the higher-ups at Ubi demand it to happen, he will have to do it.
I'm sure their would be arguments erupting all over. Certainly higher ups would not want this so close to release.

DarkSolitude-X
07-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Great... so are they going to be cutting sections out of the story/game, just to make more money? How does this effect the vanilla copy?

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Great... so are they going to be cutting sections out of the story/game, just to make more money? How does this effect the vanilla copy?
I wouldn't go that far, I'd say it's all extra missions, storylines, multiplayer characters, and outfits. Finish the story with the game and continuously give us something to play. As I'm sure most of us know, after beating an AC main-storyline it gets quite dull. Their trying to defeat this by pushing out more DLC.

EdgeDeverafer
07-24-2012, 01:35 PM
AC 3 Limited Edition; AC Liberation Bundle; Tons of DLC for AC. How much money does Ubisoft want from me? I've already pre-ordered the limited edition and the vita bundle

Dralight
07-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Who says they're cutting content out of the main game to sell as DLC? I sure hope they don't pull a move like that. The way the letter puts it. they're putting together a team of people to start working on creating additional content for after the game has come out, and with a season pass I imagine we'll get 4 or 5 DLCs, with a mix of SP and MP content.

Also, I think I prefer them doing it this way, create a bunch of quality DLCs to expand on Connor's story, rather than turn ACIII into another trilogy.

BBALive
07-24-2012, 01:53 PM
so are they going to be cutting sections out of the story/game, just to make more money?

No. It isn't Capcom-style on-disc DLC.

Think of it more like the post-launch content Fallout 3 and New Vegas received

They'll probably release outfits, MP skins and things like that, but the main content will be additional missions/new quest-line, like Battle of Forli or Bonfire of the Vanities. Content that was cut due to time restraints may be released as DLC as well.

SixKeys
07-24-2012, 03:32 PM

They'll probably release outfits, MP skins and things like that, but the main content will be additional missions/new quest-line, like Battle of Forli or Bonfire of the Vanities. Content that was cut due to time restraints may be released as DLC as well.

The Battle of Forlí and Bonfire of Vanities were originally cut from the game and later sold as DLC to make more money. His point is well noted.

freddie_1897
07-24-2012, 03:35 PM
The Battle of Forlí and Bonfire of Vanities were originally cut from the game and later sold as DLC to make more money. His point is well noted.
those sequences were actually unfinished so they pulled them out of the game. but they decided they might still be fun for people to play so they made them DLC

SixKeys
07-24-2012, 05:10 PM
those sequences were actually unfinished so they pulled them out of the game. but they decided they might still be fun for people to play so they made them DLC

I understand that that's the official explanation. But I wouldn't be shocked if the real reason was some higher-up at Ubi telling the devs to cut the content just so they could sell it later.

kudos17
07-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Now as a pessimist, even I wouldn't wager that Ubisoft would pull content and resell it. Even unfinished content wouldn't be pulled - Ubi has had far longer to work on AC3 than any other AC game. No reason to not finish.

I would guess that they would pour out quick and small updates - multiplayer skins, singleplayer skins, small missions, game modes, etc. Larger packs may come and go but consistent additions are a better option for a series like this, in my opinion.

It also gives the feeling that a season pass is worth the money when you get a bunch of stuff quick, rather than, like, two big updates over the course of six months.

D173120T
07-24-2012, 07:58 PM
It sounds just like BF3 Premium to me!

AssassinGame1
07-25-2012, 01:04 AM
It is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55PutYndgEk&list=UUwsLXInOtJM01ZCslCeuWxQ&index=1&feature=plcp

DarkSolitude-X
07-25-2012, 04:16 AM
If I've already pre-ordered from GS, would I probably have to go and adjust my pre-order if they attach one with the season pass or would you just purchase the season pass seperate or just pre-order the season pass along with the game itself?

I'm still unsure about this dlc season pass stuff. Anyway, let's say I decide to go with a season pass...just like MarleyMon wrote, do I have to buy the pass with my pre-order? Or can I buy it off of PS Store?

Requiscent
07-25-2012, 04:20 AM
From my knowledge, any game that uses a season pass can be bought at PSN/Live.

catkiller97
07-25-2012, 09:24 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/695838-Assassin-s-Creed-3-test-DCL-season-pass-picture

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3053/nbq261.jpg

piperdiaper13
07-26-2012, 08:04 PM
To me i dont care for the MP DLC. Do you really need maps and characters? The only thing of value to me would be the SP content, but is it really worth the money for weapons and SP missions. It would be better for more than just missions. In Revelations it would be of use considering the size and lack of content after the main story line and side quests. (Im sorry but Desmond quests do not wet my apitite) But in AC3, from what I've heard, it seems as if there will be more side quests and places to explore, (considering the Frontier is 1.5 the size of ACB) especially with the hunting and club aspect.

reddragonhrcro
07-26-2012, 08:28 PM

Jeez Capcom didn´t start with this,EA and THQ did,why is nobody bashing them?Leave Capcome alone! D:

SixKeys
07-26-2012, 10:10 PM
To me i dont care for the MP DLC. Do you really need maps and characters? The only thing of value to me would be the SP content, but is it really worth the money for weapons and SP missions. It would be better for more than just missions. In Revelations it would be of use considering the size and lack of content after the main story line and side quests. (Im sorry but Desmond quests do not wet my apitite) But in AC3, from what I've heard, it seems as if there will be more side quests and places to explore, (considering the Frontier is 1.5 the size of ACB) especially with the hunting and club aspect.

Some people (like me) enjoy new maps and characters for the MP. I just hope they won't be as greedy with them as they were with ACR and release the characters and maps in two separate packages when in ACB we got them for free bundled with the Da Vinci Disappearance.

piperdiaper13
07-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Some people (like me) enjoy new maps and characters for the MP. I just hope they won't be as greedy with them as they were with ACR and release the characters and maps in two separate packages when in ACB we got them for free bundled with the Da Vinci Disappearance.

Of course they will. They will have like a couple of packs, a little bit of this, a little bit of that, like last time