PDA

View Full Version : Rating for AC3 I saw on xbox live.

JCearlyyears
07-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Rated M or 18+ for blood, violence, strong language, and sexual themes. I think that's what it said.

Felix-Vivo
07-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Sexual themes?

...Hoping Connor wasn't conceived via rape.
:O

Assassin_M
07-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Sexual themes?

...Hoping Connor wasn't conceived via rape.
:O
Sexual themes almost always just mean partial Nudity, seduction or minor sexual talk..

Captain Tomatoz
07-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Are BBFC (british board of film certification) not rating this game? The previous games have been 18/17 in most places but they have always been 15 in the UK. Doesn't worry me as I'm 19 but its kinda odd.

JCearlyyears
07-22-2012, 03:27 PM
It actually says rating pending but with those contents it will be rated M which is for the US, don't know about the rating systems for other regions.

TheHumanTowel
07-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Are BBFC (british board of film certification) not rating this game? The previous games have been 18/17 in most places but they have always been 15 in the UK. Doesn't worry me as I'm 19 but its kinda odd.
Yeah America has a weird rating system. It goes like 10, 13, 17. Europe has a much better system, a lot more ages covered.

BBALive
07-22-2012, 03:37 PM

BBFC rated it as a 15.

ProletariatPleb
07-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Yeah we kinda...knew that already.

pacmanate
07-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Hopefully we see Connor getting busy too. Ezio had his action, I just hope Connor does too.

POP1Fan
07-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Wasn't it like that since the begining?

LoyalACFan
07-22-2012, 10:31 PM
The blood and violence will be present to the same extent as it has been in previous games, Desmond always drops a few F-bombs so there's the strong language part, and the sexual themes will probably be downplayed somewhat from Ezio's trilogy. The sex scene with Caterina is about as explicit as I think these games are going to get, and even that was rated for "strong sexual content." "Sexual themes" are usually pretty mild comparatively speaking.

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-22-2012, 11:13 PM
The blood and violence will be present to the same extent as it has been in previous games, Desmond always drops a few F-bombs so there's the strong language part, and the sexual themes will probably be downplayed somewhat from Ezio's trilogy. The sex scene with Caterina is about as explicit as I think these games are going to get, and even that was rated for "strong sexual content." "Sexual themes" are usually pretty mild comparatively speaking.

GTA 4 had full visible sex, but that's a different story.

Lonesoldier2012
07-22-2012, 11:35 PM
I thought Connor wasn't a man ***** -_- Hopefully it'll just be innuendo or something if that's the actual rating.

LoyalACFan
07-22-2012, 11:36 PM
GTA 4 had full visible sex, but that's a different story.

When I said "these games," I just meant the Assassin's series, not action games in general. I don't think Ubisoft wants to go that far with the sex content.

LoyalACFan
07-22-2012, 11:38 PM
I thought Connor wasn't a man ***** -_- Hopefully it'll just be innuendo or something if that's the actual rating.

That's usually what "sexual themes" amounts to. If there was an actual sex scene, it would be rated for nudity/strong sexual content by ESRB.

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Remember, Native Americans didn't cover up a whole lot so maybe we will see some cleavage lol.

Kit572
07-23-2012, 01:36 AM
I dunno why this all reminds me of something someone said to me "Show a naked women, and the game will get rated 18+ For strong sexual content. Show a naked man, and the game gets banned".

Back on topic, the strong language isn't much of a surprise (Looks at Desmond), and so isn't the sexual references. Desmond must have fun when having sex in the animus :3. Sure his having sex with his great great great great etc. grandmothers but hey, why should the players care?

Moultonborough
07-23-2012, 02:47 AM
All AC games have been rated M and always will be. For those few who don't know how the ESRB rate games and what it consists of here you go http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp.

pacmanate
07-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Remember, Native Americans didn't cover up a whole lot so maybe we will see some cleavage lol.

Boobies!!!

Black_Widow9
07-24-2012, 02:08 AM
Alright let's remember this is an all ages Forum. *Shakes head*

LoyalACFan
07-24-2012, 02:15 AM
Alright let's remember this is an all ages Forum. *Shakes head*

Yeah, but it's dedicated exclusively to an M-rated game, so...

Lonesoldier2012
07-24-2012, 02:51 AM
Yeah, but it's dedicated exclusively to an M-rated game, so...
From the rules.

Inappropriate Content
Gamers of all ages are welcome to view these forums. As such, any posts containing; profanity, obscenity, insults, personal attacks, accusations or abusive language will be edited or deleted and will result in a warning or, in severe or persistent cases, a ban from the forum.

This forum also uses a language filter to remove words that we consider inappropriate for use here. Such words will be replaced with asterisks (*) or other characters. Working around this swear filter in any way, including using asterisks or acronyms, is still considered swearing and therefore not permitted. Signatures, avatars, banners, titles and other images must also follow these rules.

Racial, religious or sexual slurs are likely to result in immediate banning. Discussion of software piracy in any of its forms is strictly not allowed on these boards. “Piracy” includes links to illegal downloads of games or methods by which to circumvent copy protection mechanisms.

LoyalACFan
07-24-2012, 03:06 AM
From the rules.

Inappropriate Content
Gamers of all ages are welcome to view these forums. As such, any posts containing; profanity, obscenity, insults, personal attacks, accusations or abusive language will be edited or deleted and will result in a warning or, in severe or persistent cases, a ban from the forum.

This forum also uses a language filter to remove words that we consider inappropriate for use here. Such words will be replaced with asterisks (*) or other characters. Working around this swear filter in any way, including using asterisks or acronyms, is still considered swearing and therefore not permitted. Signatures, avatars, banners, titles and other images must also follow these rules.

Racial, religious or sexual slurs are likely to result in immediate banning. Discussion of software piracy in any of its forms is strictly not allowed on these boards. “Piracy” includes links to illegal downloads of games or methods by which to circumvent copy protection mechanisms.

I'm not saying these rules aren't valid, I'm just saying nobody was really out of line considering what kind of forum this is. One guy said "boobies," but since these boards are dedicated to a game series featuring a guy who has had sex with numerous women throughout the games and who can hire prostitutes off the street to distract his enemies, it's pretty harmless. Mild sexual innuendo should be fine here. Nobody was being disrespectful or throwing slurs around.

Lonesoldier2012
07-24-2012, 03:11 AM
I'm not saying these rules aren't valid, I'm just saying nobody was really out of line considering what kind of forum this is. One guy said "boobies," but since these boards are dedicated to a game series featuring a guy who has had sex with numerous women throughout the games and who can hire prostitutes off the street to distract his enemies, it's pretty harmless. Mild sexual innuendo should be fine here. Nobody was being disrespectful or throwing slurs around.
Okay thought you were saying the rule was invalid.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-24-2012, 03:15 AM
'Sexual themes' may not even refer to any main character. It could be a mission where you have to enter a brothel and see NPCs displaying "sexual themes" there.