PDA

View Full Version : Will AC:III visit Africa?

XxSYD3WINDERxX
07-21-2012, 01:06 PM
So, during 'The Truth' of AC:B, Subject 16 tells Desmond he needs to go to Eden. In AC:II we saw in the 'The Truth' video that Eden was in Africa because in the background was Mt Kilimanjaro. Do you think after unlocking the secrets of The Grand Temple in NY, Desmond will visit Africa? To save humanity from the solar flare using the technology and knowledge from TWCB?

Eden was where humanity was created in the bible and Africa was where humanity started through the theory of evolution.

dxsxhxcx
07-21-2012, 01:08 PM
did the devs or the game confirmed that the mountain that appear in the truth video was Mt. Kilimanjaro?!

thekarlone
07-21-2012, 02:30 PM
I believe Eden is not the historical / religious Eden, but the city of TWCB, as seen in The Truth and Revelations ending.

SaintPerkele
07-21-2012, 03:45 PM
No, it was never really confirmed, but the mountain is obviously Kilimanjaro from the looks of it. Also, there is this sentence from ACII: "I've been going through his files. Vidic flagged a couple of his Animus sessions. A bunch of different ancestors, different dates and locations... ancient Africa, the Middle East... but towards the end, he became obsessed with Italy." - now considering that the Truth video was one of Clay's ancestors memories, it's probably the TWCB era which is set in ancient Africa.

I think that's just a play with the real and highly likely assumption that all humans originated from Africa, Eden is long gone in 2012. Also, there were other major TWCB cities all over the world I think (the one in Africa was just the one were the Human Rebellion started). The one that hosts the Great Temple, which is shown at the end of Revelations, is in America, and not Africa. I'm pretty sure future AC games will have certain sequences in Africa though.

rileypoole1234
07-21-2012, 03:46 PM
I thought in ACR they said the capital city of Eden was in New York, the one that was destroyed in the cutscene.

Assassin_M
07-21-2012, 03:48 PM
They`r at the Grand Temple in New York, they don't really need to go anywhere else really..
And Its only speculation that Eden was in Africa, it isn't confirmed so don't speak of it as fact.

nightcobra
07-21-2012, 03:53 PM
They`r at the Grand Temple in New York, they don't really need to go anywhere else really..
And Its only speculation that Eden was in Africa, it isn't confirmed so don't speak of it as fact.

though they could go to it's memory in desmond's DNA and see it through Adam's eyes, it doesn't have to be in the physical world.

Assassin_M
07-21-2012, 03:56 PM
though they could go to it's memory in desmond's DNA and see it through Adam's eyes, it doesn't have to be in the physical world.
Again, why exactly ? What would be the point ? They`r visiting Connor because it most likely has to do with the Grand temple, when they have what they need, then why would they visit Adam ?

nightcobra
07-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Again, why exactly ? What would be the point ? They`r visiting Connor because it most likely has to do with the Grand temple, when they have what they need, then why would they visit Adam ?

at this point i can't really say, but the possibility is there and the only thing able to confirm or deny is the story of AC3 itself.

on a personal level however i'd very much like to explore the first civilization era for a bit.

Assassin_M
07-21-2012, 04:24 PM
at this point i can't really say, but the possibility is there and the only thing able to confirm or deny is the story of AC3 itself.

on a personal level however i'd very much like to explore the first civilization era for a bit.
The Possibility for ANYTHING is there, but there has to be relevance. Why would it be so important ? What does Adam know ? What did he see ? All these questions are in context with the wish of wanting to explore the First Civilization era; If you cant answer them now, then you have to think of some solid answers for your wish, because simply saying "I just want it" kills the speculation aspect.

WolfTemplar94
07-21-2012, 08:10 PM
I always thought Eden could be the old name of the world in general, not a particular area of it. I could be wrong though.