PDA

View Full Version : Overt American sentiments in AC - my problems with it -

mattnexus
07-21-2012, 05:22 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I just want to say first and foremost I have nothing against patriotic games. I am not an American nor a British. But I do have British ancestry. I really don't find it a problem when one side is positioned as good and the other as bad in fiction. What I do have a problem with, is the ridiculously pro_american trailers coming out right now. Rise, 4th of july etc, and how they distort what for me, has been my greatest gaming love since 2007. The first assassins creed was beautiful - so philosophical. Altair watched the conflicts of both templar and crusader, with allies and targets on both sides. This is what I want for ac3, with Connor finding templars on both sides of the war. I've read some articles from the game director and he seems really in tune with how Connor's heritage could make for a really unique and politically diverse game story. I just hope that this nationalistic stuff is just marketing and creed remains that sophisticated and beautiful experience I love. I wonder what your guys think, Americans or other. Peace.

Turul.
07-21-2012, 05:26 AM
I've heard enough of this garbage, and next time use the search function

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-21-2012, 05:28 AM
We all are aware of people being upset, I'm sure once the actual game comes out you will be shown how Connor is indeed neutral in the war.

I thought this was all fading...

LoyalACFan
07-21-2012, 06:10 AM
I'll say this again... The marketing team has basically nothing to do with the creative team. They may show nothing but Brits dying in promo media (just as AC1's promos showed nothing but Crusaders dying) but the developers themselves had said time and time again that we are neutral, and I take them at their word, as should you.

stargate55555
07-21-2012, 06:14 AM
I don't know why people make such a big fuss about this at the end of the day it is a game and no matter what side the main character takes it does not really matter. It is a game so just enjoy it. If people have problems with the direction the game takes simply do not buy it. It is as easy as that.

kriegerdesgottes
07-21-2012, 06:22 AM
I've heard enough of this garbage, and next time use the search function

This

ProletariatPleb
07-21-2012, 07:36 AM
Why the hell does it matter if it's pro-whatever?

massmurdera_666
07-21-2012, 07:45 AM
Has any of the AC games ever, EVER been onesided? The answer is no. The creative team has always kept neutral. And why the hell are you bringing this crap up again? This topic is over, why don't you go complain about the ending of ME3 why you're at it.

BBALive
07-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Honestly, the only thing I can say is "ignore the marketing".

You, and everyone else that is worried about the nature of the trailers will be happy when the game is released. So, for now, just ignore those trailers.

Black_Widow9
07-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Please use the Search feature to locate previously created Topics.
Thanks