PDA

View Full Version : New Scoring System?

FutureAce
07-08-2004, 05:21 PM
Maybe it has already been suggested before but in a future patch or in BoB and PF a better scoring system should be implimented. (Maybe they already are but since there are many suggestions on this forum I have decided to add this one)

I really don't care for points and of course would still play this game even if there was no scoring system but since there is IMO it should be perfected and improved to the best of the games ability. I am suggesting it would be cool for it to keep track of kills, deaths, and bails you have and from that determine a score. This appears like it could be a more fair and fun scoring system.

Aside from adding a place to record the kills/deaths/bails in the current server,
The system could work this way: Say you lose 50 points for getting killed or captured and 25 for bailing into friendly territory or escaping. You get 100 points for a kill and lose 300 for a teamkill and get the normal points for destroying a ground target according to its importance. This system where you lose points for getting killed/shotdown would truly seperate pilots and make it more even for pilots who have been in the server for 5 maps and a pilot who just joins. Of course these numbers are just made up and can be tweaked.

Also, it would be nice to know how long the pilot has been in the server could be recorded and displayed to the minute(seconds would be unecessary and annoying).

Example comparing the old system and my suggested system:
Using the current system, say someone has been in a server for 3 maps with a total score of 900. Say they have died 6 times and bailed from 4 aircraft (using the current system you would lose no points but gain partial points for kills you have obtained *very confusing* and you never know how many kills someone really has). Now, someone joins and gets 5 kills without dying or bailing (a virtual ACE lol). This pilot is in the books a 'better' pilot that the one who has been on for 3 maps but people who look at scores wouldn't see this. Now I know scores don't determine a pilot but with the system I proposed situations like this would be non-existant and you will feel much more rewarded by points when you get them. Also, I really think that if something like this isn't incorporated into new patches/sims, at least the number of kills you have should be displayed.

Alright thats all I have to saym, just an idea I have to think about.. like I said I'm probably not the first one to have thought of this and it may already be in action. Post your point of view and suggestions, someone who can change this may read it.

FutureAce
07-08-2004, 05:21 PM
Maybe it has already been suggested before but in a future patch or in BoB and PF a better scoring system should be implimented. (Maybe they already are but since there are many suggestions on this forum I have decided to add this one)

I really don't care for points and of course would still play this game even if there was no scoring system but since there is IMO it should be perfected and improved to the best of the games ability. I am suggesting it would be cool for it to keep track of kills, deaths, and bails you have and from that determine a score. This appears like it could be a more fair and fun scoring system.

Aside from adding a place to record the kills/deaths/bails in the current server,
The system could work this way: Say you lose 50 points for getting killed or captured and 25 for bailing into friendly territory or escaping. You get 100 points for a kill and lose 300 for a teamkill and get the normal points for destroying a ground target according to its importance. This system where you lose points for getting killed/shotdown would truly seperate pilots and make it more even for pilots who have been in the server for 5 maps and a pilot who just joins. Of course these numbers are just made up and can be tweaked.

Also, it would be nice to know how long the pilot has been in the server could be recorded and displayed to the minute(seconds would be unecessary and annoying).

Example comparing the old system and my suggested system:
Using the current system, say someone has been in a server for 3 maps with a total score of 900. Say they have died 6 times and bailed from 4 aircraft (using the current system you would lose no points but gain partial points for kills you have obtained *very confusing* and you never know how many kills someone really has). Now, someone joins and gets 5 kills without dying or bailing (a virtual ACE lol). This pilot is in the books a 'better' pilot that the one who has been on for 3 maps but people who look at scores wouldn't see this. Now I know scores don't determine a pilot but with the system I proposed situations like this would be non-existant and you will feel much more rewarded by points when you get them. Also, I really think that if something like this isn't incorporated into new patches/sims, at least the number of kills you have should be displayed.

Alright thats all I have to saym, just an idea I have to think about.. like I said I'm probably not the first one to have thought of this and it may already be in action. Post your point of view and suggestions, someone who can change this may read it.

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-09-2004, 12:41 PM
A friendly Friday bump-a-roo back to the first page. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/il2sig2.jpg