PDA

View Full Version : Free running , Parkour in Trees Gameplay ( ASSASSIN'S CREED 3 )

corbinmahieu
07-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Does anyone know something about the routes within the trees?

1. Will there be a specific one way road.. routes for every trees behind each other?
OR
2. Will you be able to take a wide variation of different routes by climbing in the same tree !

-----------> Will you be able to go from point A to point B without touching the ground?

Too bad Alex didn't answer this question yesterday !
I was wondering about this? ....

Shaxy
07-20-2012, 05:02 PM
We haven't seen that much tree climbing. But probably, Yes.

stargate55555
07-20-2012, 05:10 PM
How will you be able to tell which trees/branches you can climb

MT4K
07-20-2012, 05:12 PM

I have a feeling it will be pretty obvious once we are playing.

VivoEstSomnio
07-20-2012, 05:47 PM
I imagine it'll be like the rooftops in the previous games, where it's clear what can be used and what can't be. Obviously with rooftops it was a little more open, especially with exposed beams everywhere, but I doubt tiny branches and stuff will be used due to the physical weight of Connor. I'm thinking climbing up it might be similar to the way Ezio/Altair scaled the larger buildings: having a clear path in mind that the player has to discover.

jzsnyder
07-20-2012, 07:14 PM

It will be easy once you memorize which animations come from which tree branch / formation.

Once you memorize that, you can easily recognize the extent of your treeclimbing ability, and not only which branches you can climb, but how you look when you climb them.

Requiscent
07-20-2012, 08:55 PM
I can't really remember where it came from, but I recall Alex saying that the playtesters found it easy to tell what was climbable and what wasn't it. Indeed, you can kind predict which branches look sturdy enough to hold Connor's weight.