PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Fighters repair question

SolitaryHowl
07-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Hi everyone,

I just found a jewel of a game called Pacific Fighters (its the standalone version; the latest patch.)

However, I have a question that wasn't answered in the manual or on Google...

When your plane is damaged, and you land at your airport...is it possible to repair your aircraft/get in another one to continue the mission? I hate it when I have to end an entire mission!

Thanks...

P.S: And, I find aiming is tough (I have a Saitek X52 joystick). Is my joystick too sensitive, or is the plane supposed to shake and rattle while firing or just flying in general? I guess hitting them just takes practice...I'm practicing on bombers in the Quick mission builder and I'm still having trouble. :(

DD_crash
07-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Hello, if you like Pacific Fighters then you should get the latest version 1946 and get it patched to 4.11. You can get it on Amazon very cheap. With the latest version you can easily adjust the sensitivity of the joystick. Unfortuneatly Refuel/Rearm/Repare are not posible with the stock game although it can be done in a modded game.
Please read http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/610610-A-Nugget-s-Guide-To-Getting-Off-The-Ground this thread as there is a lot to this game.
Good luck

ytareh
07-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Does your plane feel as if its balanced by its centre on a pencil tip -jiggling all over the place?I think this was a complaint -especially with the Corsair- of a patch/stage of the game around about the release of Pacific fighters .You REALLY should buy Il2 1946 .Its VERY cheap if you look about (barely /$/E double figures if even!)and has soooooo much more planes,maps,missions etc .You can adjust the joystick sensitivity in the game settings (in game) .There are two schools of thought-one that you should have very gradual increases particularly near the 'centre' eg soemthing like 0/0/1/3/5/12/20/33/50/75/100.I used this kind of setting (try mess around with the figures yourself -the increase/gap between each number should be increasing )for years and found it best for reducing the kind of fidgetty feeling you describe .Also it minimises speed loss due to accidentally moving rudder etc .However others suggest all 100s ie 100/100/100/100 etc is the 'purest' and doesnt 'dilute' the input feel of the stick.I fly this way nowadays as I have a more sensitive stick (Thrustmaster T16000M -smoothest flying experience although Logitech Extreme 3dPro was better in every other respect.I tried and hated Saitek sticks -they were floppy/loose/imprecise and hard to aim with )(I also tried practically every other stick on the market and hated them all including megabucks HOTAS Cougar!)
This game has years of life left in it as its replacement Cliffs of Dover is still very immature and incomplete .If you want to fly online 1946 is a must !Its a great game .Some real pilots say more realistic in flight model/feel than FSX .

SolitaryHowl
07-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the input, you two! :)

I'll see if I can get IL-2 1946, but at this point I'm still practicing flying, taking off and landing. I have everything on arcade settings because that's the way I want to play. I already have a lot of flight sims (FS2004, and FSX, plus a few other WWII fighter plane games) that I play to actually fly realistically.

But I have a question...what mod can I get where I have the ability to repair my plane after I land it? I read these forums are against modding the game, but if somebody could point me in the right direction... (Google isn't helping...)

thefruitbat
07-20-2012, 10:53 PM
google 'SAS il2 forums'.

however your going to need il21946 to do it.

SolitaryHowl
07-20-2012, 11:21 PM
google 'SAS il2 forums'.

however your going to need il21946 to do it.

Thank you.

Assuming I decide to get il2 1946....what do I do with Pacific Fighters? Do I have to uninstall it, install il2, and then reinstall PF?

thefruitbat
07-20-2012, 11:40 PM
il2 1946 has pacific fighters included plus lots lots more.

you can copy over your controls and then forget about pacific fighters.