PDA

View Full Version : AC2 had to start race over 290 times? Why ?

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 06:27 AM
I just don't understand why the game has so much of this starting over stuff, doing theses timed events where so not fun and ruined the game for me and my family. Will AC3 be full of the same stuff? Having to get on the Internet to see how to do stuff was annoying and troublesome.

Turul.
07-20-2012, 06:32 AM
i dont think its really the fault of the game if you have to restart 290 times..

MetalCreed
07-20-2012, 06:53 AM
i dont think its really the fault of the game if you have to restart 290 times..
Lol.
I'm not sure how you have to restart the race 290 times but you should be at the very least get the hang of it less than 10 tries.
Watch a walkthrough and save your time if you're that much stuck.

ProletariatPleb
07-20-2012, 07:21 AM
0_o How did you ever complete the Secret place challenges for Seals? If you did them that is.

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Of course not ., our friends , family , neighbors had so much frustration with the game, so much tumultuous repitition , it was too much to stomach for every one . Will AC3 be the same format?

Captain Tomatoz
07-20-2012, 07:53 AM
To be honest it seems you all must suck at the game. I've never heard of someone having as much trouble as you did.

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 07:54 AM
The seals we not too bad except for the last one, the controls where just too off to make it enjoyable , had to do the last seal probably 600 times between freids and family, utterly terrible. Will Ac3 have the same gimmicks and controll issues? It looks like the coolest game ever, but all it takes is a poorly executed race and it's game over..

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Yes all of our friends, family and neighbors suck at the game. Will AC3 be the same format?

Captain Tomatoz
07-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Funny how so many people complain that it's too easy and there's you complaining that your friends, family and neighbours all had trouble with it. It really isn't that hard, you just have to know the order in which to press buttons.

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Lol.
I'm not sure how you have to restart the race 290 times but you should be at the very least get the hang of it less than 10 tries.
Watch a walkthrough and save your time if you're that much stuck.

Everyone we know struggled with these silly timed parts that seemed only for frustration. JUST WONDERING IF AC3 will be all the same timed starting over, follow the assassin and fail over and over....

LoyalACFan
07-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Of course not ., our friends , family , neighbors had so much frustration with the game, so much tumultuous repitition , it was too much to stomach for every one . Will AC3 be the same format?

Nobody really knows...? But if the free-running is really bothering you that much, perhaps you should try a different series. I mean, it's kind of central to the game. The race events can be tough when you're new to the control scheme, but if you really can't beat it after hundreds of attempts , the Assassin's series may just not be for you, bro. I'm not trying to be a ******, but the running and platforming is and always will be a main focus of Assassin's Creed.

misterB2001
07-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Im calling BS on this one.

LoyalACFan
07-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Im calling BS on this one.

On the sheer number of replays, yes... That has to be exaggeration. But he's apparently really having trouble with it. In his other thread he claims to have played it almost a thousand times :nonchalance:

BBALive
07-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Everyone we know struggled with these silly timed parts that seemed only for frustration. JUST WONDERING IF AC3 will be all the same timed starting over, follow the assassin and fail over and over....

We don't know. The game isn't out yet.

What did you have trouble with, specifically?

Kaschra
07-20-2012, 02:25 PM
I assume 290 times is an exaggeration.

I don't think the races in AC2 were that hard, same for the climbing parts. If you don't like that stuff, I don't think the Assassin's Creed series is the right choice for you :/

JCearlyyears
07-20-2012, 03:02 PM
I've been playing AC since I was a little kid(10)and never had trouble with the series. I don't think it's trial and error, and the only part I ever had a problem with was at the end of brotherhood when trying to jump from the things hanging from the ceiling. The back eject was hard for me because I kept trying to guide it instead of letting the game do it automatically. Sometimes jumping from object to object I accidentally do something wrong and miss, or I get too close to the wall when swinging and it messes up. AC3 has been built from the ground up with their new game engine made exclusively for AC3. The game has been in production for almost 3 years now and the controls have been re-done. Free running has been changed so I'd imagine it would get easier. The game is probably done by now and I bet now they are tweaking everything and fixing all the problems, so they are polishing it. They haven't said if they are adding in virtual training again, but it would be a good place to practice free running. You can still practice it in the VT in Brotherhood.

rileypoole1234
07-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Man, you already posted this. "Will Assassin's Creed 3 be as inaccessible as the other Assassin games?"

You should read the responses there first.

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Sorry guys , I know it sounds like a conspiracy and that it's the easiest game in the world.. My question is if it's known if AC3 will be the same format, of timed puzzles, lots of trial an error like the past games. I u der stand that they are changing some things so I thought being on the game makers website that possible an employee or knowledgeable member had some information about the changes made to the next game, AC3.

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Sorry about the misspell in the posting title , hard to see the small print via the iPad. Thx

De Filosoof
07-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Are you sure it wasn't 193,5 times?

pacmanate
07-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Sorry but, either troll or you suck so bad.

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 04:18 PM
I know it's more than you can fathom. I mean it can't be, so let's get online a discuss your disbelief. Very annoying part of the game. Heck brotherhood was one of the worst games we have played but AC2 was actually cool, just bogged down, for us and our friends on many parts.. I'm sure you pros beat the games in a matter of minutes, with your eyes closed. I appreciate that, but none of this has anything to do with my repeated question about AC3. I realize this is a fan site so anything other than best game ever , perfect 10 is unexceptable. I get it. Any information on the game play for AC3.

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Now we are on to the troll thing... Oh boy.. Yes we are terrible at games, we could just keep posting that over and over. Ok AC2 is the best game ever, I feel it's a perfect 10. Can we move on to AC3 now?

pacmanate
07-20-2012, 04:21 PM
I know it's more than you can fathom. I mean it can't be, so let's get online a discuss your disbelief. Very annoying part of the game. Heck brotherhood was one of the worst games we have played but AC2 was actually cool, just bogged down, for us and our friends on many parts.. I'm sure you pros beat the games in a matter of minutes, with your eyes closed. I appreciate that, but none of this has anything to do with my repeated question about AC3. I realize this is a fan site so anything other than best game ever , perfect 10 is unexceptable. I get it. Any information on the game play for AC3.

Well none of us know. The timed events are not even hard. 3 tries max I would say. Story missions have checkpoints. As for timed events, no, I do not see the sense as it defeats the point of being timed.

TheHumanTowel
07-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Yes AC3 will be just as easy as past AC games and you will be just as terrible at it.

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Part of his problem was that unlike most people my Son refuses to watch walkthroughs and cheats, (tons of walkthroughs posted for this easy game?) .. He beat Catherine and Portal 2 in a matter of day with no looking up for help. ASC games to us anyways have control issues that cause issues, lots of time, failure sections.. I'd like to discuss what looks like the coolest game I've seen in years AC3. I'd like to know what information there is on the gameplay.

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Yes AC3 will be just as easy as past AC games and you will be just as terrible at it.

Wonder why there are thousands of walkthroughs posted for the so easy of a game? Just couldn't stand all the trial and error, stopping and starting so much.

Shaxy
07-20-2012, 04:54 PM
What is this... I don't even...

TheHumanTowel
07-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Part of his problem was that unlike most people my Son refuses to watch walkthroughs and cheats, (tons of walkthroughs posted for this easy game?) .. He beat Catherine and Portal 2 in a matter of day with no looking up for help. ASC games to us anyways have control issues that cause issues, lots of time, failure sections.. I'd like to discuss what looks like the coolest game I've seen in years AC3. I'd like to know what information there is on the gameplay.
Yeah most people actually don't watch walkthroughs. Read some reviews. literally no one has ever complained Assassin's Creed is too hard or it's controls are bad. AC's control system is considered fantastic. Your son is just bad at the game. You are in a very very small minority here. And if you want know more about the gameplay i'd advise you to watch the demos that have been released.

LadyGahan2010
07-20-2012, 05:02 PM

You cannot possibly be serious (all your posts, especially this one). Yeah, he finished Portal2 in one day but couldn't do AC2. :nonchalance: What? :rolleyes:

Let me give you a suggestion. WAIT till the release, and read the reviews once it's out. Do you have to buy games for your family on teh release day? You're obviously not a fan, why the jitters and nervousness 4 months before the release.

Edit: oops, TheHumanTowel was faster than me.

BATISTABUS
07-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Timed puzzles are likely (and hopefully) going to make a return. In fact, it seems there have been a number of additions made to make the game more challenging.

Still, you seem to have problems with the free running controls, which are said to have been modified and made more intuitive.

Also, there are so many walkthroughs because it's a popular franchise, people like to watch them for the story, and they're easy to make (because they're easy games).

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 05:42 PM
You cannot possibly be serious (all your posts, especially this one). Yeah, he finished Portal2 in one day but couldn't do AC2. :nonchalance: What? :rolleyes:

Let me give you a suggestion. WAIT till the release, and read the reviews once it's out. Do you have to buy games for your family on teh release day? You're obviously not a fan, why the jitters and nervousness 4 months before the release.

Edit: oops, TheHumanTowel was faster than me.

Yes he finished portal 2 in a matter of days. Relax . Typing on iPad with auto correct in such small print is a nightmare . Yes he beat Catherine and portal 2 in a matter of days with no walthrough . We don't feel starting over from poor jumping controls and a cheap timer is a challenge , that's more like an annoying Nintendo game. We where just wondering if AC3 is going to use the same cheap format or willie offer something new and exciting?

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 05:47 PM
All of my posts are questions about AC3. Not looking for comments about defending assassins games. It's amazing the time people have in their day to not ANSWERE questions, but argue nothing other than this game is great and you suck is amusing . People are more concerned about being the "defender of the game" and ignor the posted questions ,, and have the time in their day to do so. I'm posting this because we want to buy AC3 , we just want to know about it..

MT4K
07-20-2012, 05:53 PM
All of my posts are questions about AC3. Not looking for comments about defending assassins games. It's amazing the time people have in their day to not ANSWERE questions, but argue nothing other than this game is great and you suck is amusing . People are more concerned about being the "defender of the game" and ignor the posted questions ,, and have the time in their day to do so. I'm posting this because we want to buy AC3 , we just want to know about it..

It is likely races will return in some shape or form. With the new Tree free running and the Frontier in general it seems to be just asking for it. If they actually are back in AC3 though their difficulty will likely be similar to past games.

TheHumanTowel
07-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Well then look up some articles and watch the demos if you want to get an idea of what the game is about. Send an e-mail to Ubisoft. How the hell are we supposed to know if this is coming back? Your questions are so vague no one knows where to start. And people have defended AC here because you keep stating your opinion that the game is poorly designed as fact when it's very clear you are in a tiny minority of people who have that opinion. There's your answer please go away.

LadyGahan2010
07-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Yes he finished portal 2 in a matter of days. Relax . Typing on iPad with auto correct in such small print is a nightmare . Yes he beat Catherine and portal 2 in a matter of days with no walthrough . We don't feel starting over from poor jumping controls and a cheap timer is a challenge , that's more like an annoying Nintendo game. We where just wondering if AC3 is going to use the same cheap format or willie offer something new and exciting?

*I* am totally relaxed. However, I would AGAIN suggest for you to read what people have said so far: the game is NOT out, WE do not know, wait till release and then ask again. 4 whole pages of people telling you to wait. Why you keep on asking?
And there's nothing to boast about finishing Portal or Catherine. My 10 year old finished P2 pretty quick too. Pff.

SixKeys
07-20-2012, 06:53 PM
If you're really having such a hard time with the races, why not just skip them? I'm a PC player so I'm not sure what the controls are on your platform, but if you're forced to restart a race, just go to the main menu and choose "Abort mission". There are only one or two races in AC2 that are mandatory, the rest are optional.

VivoEstSomnio
07-20-2012, 07:05 PM
I actually played Brotherhood before AC or AC II, and I can honestly say that things in the first two were slightly more difficult but not by that much. One instance is the final fight at the end of AC where Altair is against all those dudes and you need to be flawless with your timing otherwise you get sliced and diced to bits. My suggestion is to watch an online tutorial/walkthrough on YouTube or something (they're everywhere) and perhaps that'll help you out because if the number you gave us all is true, in which I imagine is just an exaggeration, you need a bit of it.

BBALive
07-20-2012, 07:38 PM
He's making it sound like the entire game is timed, or that every mission has some sort of time limit.

Races are mostly optional, so are tombs.

This thread is ridiculous.

Black_Widow9
07-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Please do not create Multiple Topics of the same nature. Check my post here-
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/692832-Will-Assassins-Creed-3-be-as-inecessable-at-the-other-Assassin-games?p=8489190&posted=1#post8489190

Thanks