PDA

View Full Version : Desmond's final story question?

killaGHOST41
07-20-2012, 05:38 AM
Since this is Desmond's final story does that mean its Conner's only story? Hense our only game with him and America and no brotherhood/revalations sequels?

LoyalACFan
07-20-2012, 08:07 AM
That's what they're saying as of right now. But back in 2009 they also said that Assassin's Creed was going to be a trilogy, and now we're looking at five core games with more on the way. Assuming they don't kill Desmond off, they may very well decide to continue his story and give Connor a Brotherhood-style spinoff. After all, I'm doubting that Desmond is going to take down ALL the Templars in AC3. There will still be plenty of messes for the modern Assassins to clean up.

evzy1985
07-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Even though Assassins Creed is my favorite game series of all time. I am hoping that this is the last of Assassins Creed as I'm getting bored of my PS 3 with there being a lack of interesting games out there and want to get rid of it. The only reason i haven't gotten rid of my PS 3 yet is because of this new Assassins Creed game coming out in October. It does look awesome too.
So just to give my PS 3 something to do in the mean time, I've started the story all over again and gone back to the 1st Assassins Creed and will play through them all to pass time by to October.

I think UBISOFT should get in touch with Hollywood and get a few Movies made out of this Game

DreadxHawk
07-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Even though Assassins Creed is my favorite game series of all time. I am hoping that this is the last of Assassins Creed as I'm getting bored of my PS 3 with there being a lack of interesting games out there and want to get rid of it. The only reason i haven't gotten rid of my PS 3 yet is because of this new Assassins Creed game coming out in October. It does look awesome too.
So just to give my PS 3 something to do in the mean time, I've started the story all over again and gone back to the 1st Assassins Creed and will play through them all to pass time by to October.

I think UBISOFT should get in touch with Hollywood and get a few Movies made out of this Game

There not gonna stop making them, and I personally want them to keep making them. why not try switching over to xbox?

killaGHOST41
07-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Yea i hope this isnt the last we play as Conner because he seems like a interesting character and America has so much going on even after the American Revolution.

nightcobra
07-20-2012, 12:52 PM
i would have liked to see portugal as one of the settings in an AC game (my country and yeah we rarely ever get to see it in a game let alone any type of entertainment media)
especially during the napoleon invasion era in which we portuguese drove out napoleon's generals and their forces not once, not twice but three times from taking over our country. i would love to see something like that in an AC game

dxsxhxcx
07-20-2012, 01:07 PM
nothing is stopping them to make a game only with the ancestor after they release AC3 just to give closure to his story if they think they could/should show more of his life...

if I'm not wrong, ACB hinted to the French Revolution (unless they explain how those hints are related to the American Revolution) and many people liked that idea, I believe Connor will be young enough to go to France by the time the French Revolution happens and kick some asses after AC3 before he retired..

nightcobra
07-20-2012, 01:11 PM
nothing is stopping them to make a game only with the ancestor after they release AC3 just to give closure to his story if they think they could/should show more of his life...

maybe something like a piece of eden similar to those memory seals of altair, connor could find a few in aztec ruins (it's going to be the ps3 DLC) and use as journals or captain logs since he's going to become a captain. desmond could then find these to gather more information that he couldn't otherwise get from his DNA.

TheHumanTowel
07-20-2012, 01:15 PM
I hope it is Connor's last game. As much as I enjoyed the Ezio spin offs they added nothing to his character. Ezio had his complete character arc in AC2 and had zero development in the next 2 games. So with that as an example I'd rather we see Connor's story end and Ubisoft move on to exploring some new settings and characters.

thekarlone
07-20-2012, 01:33 PM
I hope this will be the only Connor game, honestly. Not because I don't like Connor, I love it, but because I want this first saga of AC ends here. Then the franchise should start again, but with a brand new story (a new main character as Desmond was), mantaining its mithology and the essence, but with a new plot.

killaGHOST41
07-20-2012, 01:39 PM
While i do agree with you good sir about character development filled in AC2 it was interesting playing as Ezio in multiple games because he was such a interesting character, hopefully like im expecting Conner. And i would love to see Conner in the French Revolution. It is such a interesting period and extremely gory. When i was studying it in college it was nothing but peoples heads getting chopped off.