PDA

View Full Version : Will Assassins Creed 3 be as inecessable at the other Assassin games?

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 05:18 AM
My son has had to restart parts of the game hundreds of times. He could not get the last tomb in assassins creed 2. , he was forced to start over roughly 900 times ? He felt the game makers hated him, I could only stomach so much constant starting over. His friends could not do it either, the jumping was so bad that only someone who could endlessly start over from this much frustration could do it. He likeed the game for the most part but got so frustrated he cancelled his preorder out of fear. So my question is will Assassins Creed 3 have the same control issues and contestant starting over issues as the other games?

Thank you.

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 05:21 AM
Why isn't this question posting?

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 05:24 AM
Sorry I see it now. But I am wondering if this game with be based on this type of constant failing and starting over as the bases of the game?

rileypoole1234
07-20-2012, 05:29 AM
How old is your son? I think everybody here honestly loves the controls and thinks they're easy. :confused:

The only reason I ask how old your son is, is because I know that if I gave my 10 year old little sister the controller, she'd never be able to play it. Could you play it? Did you try and beat that part for him? How did you find the controls if you did?

If you want a definite answer to your question, it really at most can be an opinion until your son or you actually play AC3. In my opinion, no, the game won't have any control issues. Ubi has had 3 years in total to perfect the game. By restart issues I assume you mean due to the controls. If you mean technical restart issues, that all depends on your specific game/console/PC.

EDIT: No Assassin's Creed was ever based on failing and restarting until you figured it out. I suggest you play the game and see if you have the same control problems.

Postnephron
07-20-2012, 06:00 AM
He is 12 and thinks the world of Ubisoft, but when he ran into this game he became frustrated . He and I both could not even get through brotherhood. Now he has anxiety over AC3. He is very good at hard games but is busy enough that he can't sit and just start over and over all day. Will this new game be based on deep trial and error as the past ones or more flow and gaming , fighting for example..?

Thank you!

MetalCreed
07-20-2012, 06:50 AM
He should be alright. I turned 13 when I got ACII (around release week) and I somewhat found some parts in tombs difficult and watched Zwoooosh or w/e his name's walkthrough.
I can probably complete them on my own now.

Captain Tomatoz
07-20-2012, 07:44 AM
The controls are really good and I have had no problems (except the odd one or two where I have pressed the wrong button). Remember that the game is made primarily for a maturer audience so your 12 year old son is bound to have a little problem with it since it wasn't developed to cater for him or people his age. ;)

LoyalACFan
07-20-2012, 08:10 AM
The combat controls have changed, but I expect the climbing controls to be pretty much the same.

Surely to God he hasn't literally played it nine hundred times...

misterB2001
07-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Another post......AND claiming 900 times on this one......absolute BS.

stargate55555
07-20-2012, 08:14 AM
I have not experienced a single glitch in AC2. I honestly believe that he cannot complete that part due to maybe not knowing what to do. I recommend searching the internet with a title of specific sequence and memory.

Cpt_Yanni
07-20-2012, 08:15 AM
There is a reason why they place a (red) 18+ on the box of your game, you know ;) ...

Captain Tomatoz
07-20-2012, 08:15 AM

Yeah, it seems like trolling, but you never know :D

jzsnyder
07-20-2012, 09:20 AM
900 times...? I hope, for the sake of your son, that is just hyperbole. :rolleyes:

But seriously, the controls are made to be as little frustrating as possible. If he's struggling with them, and I hate to say this, then it's just his fault.

The majority of gamers seem to think that AC's controls are extremely intuitive, though frustrating at times. Or am I wrong?

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Lol GTFO

VictorAviram123
07-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Come on guys, I know the controls are easy for someone who got used to AC but even my 16 years old friends had trouble with it.
As for the OP question, I think your son should watch a walktrough on youtube for this specific mission or if he is a stubborn like me then try to sit down with him and try figure this out together because there isn't a mission that can't be finished in the game.

De Filosoof
07-20-2012, 11:22 AM
They're not going to adjust the controls for little kids.
AC is a game for adults with a complex storyline.

BATISTABUS
07-20-2012, 12:27 PM
The game has a content rating of at least 17. Because of this, the game should be at least somewhat challenging to people of that age or older (whether or not this is even the case is debatable). If they make it easy for people under that age, it'll just bring down the quality of the game.

So...maybe he should try playing it again in a few years?

BBALive
07-20-2012, 02:21 PM
The controls aren't bad, and I don't see how the tombs could have given you (or your son) that much trouble.

The only tomb I had a little bit of trouble with was Basilica San Marco, which I had to attempt a couple of times.

Remember, the tombs are not mandatory parts of the game.

Kaschra
07-20-2012, 02:28 PM
So you let your 12 years old son play a M-rated game... Good job :/

I don't think the controls are bad or difficult at all.

RedSpider
07-20-2012, 02:57 PM

It's the same person that claimed 290 times, or at least a member of the same family using the same account. Maybe these guys just shouldn't play... :confused:

XxSYD3WINDERxX
07-20-2012, 03:18 PM
He needs to get some skillage.

Black_Widow9
07-20-2012, 09:57 PM
My son has had to restart parts of the game hundreds of times. He could not get the last tomb in assassins creed 2. , he was forced to start over roughly 900 times ? He felt the game makers hated him, I could only stomach so much constant starting over. His friends could not do it either, the jumping was so bad that only someone who could endlessly start over from this much frustration could do it. He likeed the game for the most part but got so frustrated he cancelled his preorder out of fear. So my question is will Assassins Creed 3 have the same control issues and contestant starting over issues as the other games?

Thank you.
Hello and welcome to the Forums ;)
Please make sure when posting, that you use the Edit Post button to change an existing post as double and triple posting is against the rules. Also, please do not create multiple Topics for roughly the same subject.

AC3 controls seem to be different but we will have to wait until it is released or more video comes to light. ;) As far as the other AC games, there are always multiple resources out there if you or your family needs help with levels or different parts of the game. Using resources is always good when you need help. Especially if something is taking you 250 or 900 times to complete.

Thanks

WolfTemplar94
07-20-2012, 10:58 PM
There's no way to know if the free-running has been completely revamped, but I'd say it's been touched up. AC2 isn't exactly new, and the games have increasingly improved the movement controls.

I personally feel like this guy is trolling though. He doesn't respond to any of the points reasoning with him.

masterfenix2009
07-20-2012, 11:03 PM
So you let your 12 years old son play a M-rated game... Good job :/

I don't think the controls are bad or difficult at all.
What's wrong with that?

jzsnyder
07-20-2012, 11:39 PM
What's wrong with that?

It really is a pretty common occurrence for minors to play M-games nowadays. I don't see what everyone is getting so worked up about.

SixKeys
07-20-2012, 11:43 PM
It really is a pretty common occurrence for minors to play M-games nowadays. I don't see what everyone is getting so worked up about.

It's up to the parents to decide if they want to let their kids play M-rated games. They shouldn't come over here and complain though when their 12-year-old thinks a game meant for 18-year-olds is too hard.

jzsnyder
07-21-2012, 03:21 AM
Kaschra's post only criticized OP for letting his child play an M-rated game, not for complaining about it on the forums. That was the post I was addressing.