PDA

View Full Version : Possible AC3 follow up sites

medcsu
07-19-2012, 09:16 PM
As with Brotherhood going to Rome and then Revelations to Constantinople where do you guys think (and I truly hope AC3 follow the same trend of 3 games encompassing AC3) followups will lead us?

Philadelpha is a brief area in AC3 that we know of and would probably be the logical choice. Charleston/Atlanta and dare I say London (which would make an amazing follow up area that is still in the AC3 line). Any thoughts/opinions/ideas?

YuurHeen
07-19-2012, 09:35 PM
ac3 wont have follow ups like ac2 had since connor's story ends in the same game as it begins.

stargate55555
07-19-2012, 09:41 PM
ac3 wont have follow ups like ac2 had since connor's story ends in the same game as it begins.

How do you know that? I am serious I am curious.

I would love it if the game continued as mentioned in the OP.

WolfTemplar94
07-19-2012, 09:49 PM
How do you know that? I am serious I am curious.

I would love it if the game continued as mentioned in the OP.

Because Alex has said so.

stargate55555
07-19-2012, 09:53 PM
That is a shame because this series is my all time favorite story mode.

FirestarLuva
07-19-2012, 09:54 PM

Where? I'm curious. :)

Captain Tomatoz
07-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Philadelphia won't be a game because Alex said it was too grid like. He said that it wasn't as fun so they scrapped the idea of having full free roam in Philadelphia.

Connor being involved in the french revolution would be fun but probably won't happen. :D

LoyalACFan
07-19-2012, 11:50 PM

It was also said by another major developer (I believe it was Patrice) that Assassin's Creed was going to be a trilogy, and see how that wound up? If AC3 sells well, they could easily follow up on it with a spin-off or two. Split the team so some work on a new protagonist, and the rest continue working with the AC3 formula. Unless they end the game with Connor conceiving Desmond's next ancestor, which would be problematic. Even then, they could make a game about Connor's kid.

beatledude210
07-20-2012, 02:24 AM
It was also said by another major developer (I believe it was Patrice) that Assassin's Creed was going to be a trilogy, and see how that wound up? If AC3 sells well, they could easily follow up on it with a spin-off or two. Split the team so some work on a new protagonist, and the rest continue working with the AC3 formula. Unless they end the game with Connor conceiving Desmond's next ancestor, which would be problematic. Even then, they could make a game about Connor's kid.

Are you implying continuing Desmond's story? Because they won't.

JumpInTheFire13
07-20-2012, 02:31 AM
The only issue with making follow-up games to continue Connor's story is that it would be less dramatic to tell Desmond's story after 2012, since the entire series has centered around the end of the world in 2012

Serrachio
07-20-2012, 02:41 AM

Given that they've been trying to get Desmond's trilogy out of the way before December 21st 2012, I severely doubt that AC3 will ever feature an expanding game, which is backed up by the developers stating that this upcoming game will finish his story.

LoyalACFan
07-20-2012, 03:06 AM
Are you implying continuing Desmond's story? Because they won't.

I never said they would or should, but they could. I doubt they're going to take down the entire Templar Order in AC3, and Abstergo's not going to say, "Oh, well, you stopped our satellite launch, I guess we'll just give up now." There's still going to be plenty of stuff left to do for the modern Assassins. And Ubisoft does love to milk a franchise, for better or worse.